Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi

(Read 32439 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hi
     Reply #60 - May 27, 2009, 11:01 PM

i know .. dont ask me.... i talk to him on the phone and he's at the pub watching the last mastch of champions league and im crying like crazy cos im missing him soo much....

Does that not get on his nerves a bit? 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #61 - May 27, 2009, 11:02 PM

btw aaa - have you heard about the verses that say your husband can hit you if you disobey him?

How do you feel about that?

So, aaa - anything to say about this questions?
     Reply #62 - May 27, 2009, 11:18 PM

btw aaa - have you heard about the verses that say your husband can hit you if you disobey him?

Or that the definition of nikah is permission to have sex and so the husband is allowed to rape his wife if it should come to that.

yeah i know that hit them gently something like that
    u know a english bloke beat me up and made my eyes black. i did piss him off but he really didnt have to leave me with a black eye - what annoyed me the most wasnt the beating in itself was the mark the day after that lasted for weeks. i know lots of girls that got beaten up, no one guy has ever been charged for that that i know of.... come on!! .... it's important to establish the fact that it should be gentle without leaving any marks..... possibly avoid it by building a good relationship
    men are men everywhere - it depends whether it is established that the way u do it shouldnt hurt otherwise its prohibited
    o god a lil slap is not a big deal

I know i know this is going to make u puke in chorus - I prefer knowing that i could get a slap than thinking that i should never get it and then have the man to the runner
    in 99% of cases there is no need for any slapping if this is soo then something inherently wrong is happening... do all women in Islam get seriously beaten up all the time and everywhere? (this is a genuine question... not polemical)
    but if it happens then at least it shouldnt hurt me seriously or give me a mark (which im still angry about after over 6 years)
    I slapped a man before when arguing ... we are humans come on ...such things, from my point of view, are generally and should be uncommon but if and when they happen anyway they will be regulated.... u can ban it but it will always happen... that is my least worry about a Muslim men!!!!!

now lets do the chopping off of the hands.... for this i had instead to recur to interpretations from different Muslim people -cos i couldnt answer that at the time...
    i should write a book... how to be brainwashed : intensive course
     Reply #63 - May 27, 2009, 11:19 PM

sorry that was wrong quotation in worng places
    where did u hear about a pakistani boyfriend?

I'm sorry, I thought you said something about wanting to marry a Pakistani guy - I may have got it wrong - I tend to skim read sometimes (so much to read on this forum - it's too much at times lol)

ok i may have said that  Smiley
    but he's not religious at all
    he knows a lot about Islam but he doesnt practice

And yet you wear Niqab?

What on earth possessed you to do that?

i know .. dont ask me.... i talk to him on the phone and he's at the pub watching the last mastch of champions league and im crying like crazy cos im missing him soo much....

You should go down the pub in your Niqab and surprise him for a laugh  grin12

lol
     Reply #64 - May 27, 2009, 11:26 PM

possibly avoid it by building a good relationship

You need to check out my sig. Here, this is the part I think you should read:

"They think that, as long as they stick to what is good and logical, then the koran will probably just support them with text" - Baal

How do you know that Islamically a relationship between a man and woman should be built on trust? Maybe it is supposed to be built on discipline, and I guess the most simple form of discipline is the fist, right?

And I think it is only the Yusuf Ali translation that uses the word "gentle" and from what I've heard he got put down a lot by Muslims and non-Muslims alike for compromising the Qur'an to suit Western values.

Ask Hassan, he is your guy; he knows Arabic. Hassan, what does the verse that prescribes beating for wives actually implicate?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #65 - May 27, 2009, 11:28 PM

u know a english bloke beat me up and made my eyes black. i did piss him off but he really didnt have to leave me with a black eye - what annoyed me the most wasnt the beating in itself was the mark the day after that lasted for weeks. i know lots of girls that got beaten up, no one guy has ever been charged for that that i know of.... come on!! .... it's important to establish the fact that it should be gentle without leaving any marks..... possibly avoid it by building a good relationship
    men are men everywhere - it depends whether it is established that the way u do it shouldnt hurt otherwise its prohibited

I know i know this is going to make u puke in chorus - I prefer knowing that i could get a slap than thinking that i should never get it and then have the man to the runner
    in 99% of cases there is no need for any slapping if this is soo then something inherently wrong is happening... do all women in Islam get seriously beaten up all the time and everywhere? (this is a genuine question... not polemical)
    but if it happens then at least it shouldnt hurt me seriously or give me a mark (which im still angry about after over 6 years)
    I slapped a man before when arguing ... we are humans come on ...such things, from my point of view, are generally and should be uncommon but if and when they happen anyway they will be regulated.... u can ban it but it will always happen... that is my least worry about a Muslim men!!!!!

What do you mean by "runner" above?  

You sound very understanding, but you have gone to the other extreme.  It is not normal for a man to hit his partner?  

Do you not think that if the Quran was written by Allah rather than an Arab man, then he would have made man less aggressive or at least banned hitting in the Quran?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #66 - May 27, 2009, 11:32 PM

What do you mean by "runner" above? 

You sound very understanding, but you have gone to the other extreme.  It is not normal for a man to hit his partner? 

Do you not think that if the Quran was written by Allah rather than an Arab man, then he would have made man less aggressive or at least banned hitting in the Quran?

ive to sleep now ill answer tomorrow
    goodnight peoples
     Reply #67 - May 28, 2009, 04:01 AM

Or that the definition of nikah is permission to have sex and so the husband is allowed to rape his wife if it should come to that.

now lets do the chopping off of the hands.... for this i had instead to recur to interpretations from different Muslim people -cos i couldnt answer that at the time...
    i should write a book... how to be brainwashed : intensive course

While I think this is all very poe-tic, I will say that if you are real in any way, shape or form with this stuff, you need serious help.  You need to get some counseling.  Even if I was still Muslim I would have told you the SAME thing.  What you're saying here, if it's real, demonstrates a woman with little understanding of her own worth and dignity, who counts on men getting rough with her. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #68 - May 28, 2009, 10:10 AM

possibly avoid it by building a good relationship

You need to check out my sig. Here, this is the part I think you should read:

"They think that, as long as they stick to what is good and logical, then the koran will probably just support them with text" - Baal

How do you know that Islamically a relationship between a man and woman should be built on trust? Maybe it is supposed to be built on discipline, and I guess the most simple form of discipline is the fist, right?

And I think it is only the Yusuf Ali translation that uses the word "gentle" and from what I've heard he got put down a lot by Muslims and non-Muslims alike for compromising the Qur'an to suit Western values.

Ask Hassan, he is your guy; he knows Arabic. Hassan, what does the verse that prescribes beating for wives actually implicate?

The Quran doesn't say 'light' beating at all, it just says 'beat' and I think it was Pickthall you translated it as 'scourge', that kind of gives away the fact that it means anything but a light beating. Of course the hadiths further elaborate on the issue. In Ibn Kathir's commentary he says it is a beating that is not severe, in other words it is more then a slap. It doesn't matter anyway, the fact is the Quran gives permission for men to beat their wives which is most certainly NOT a good way to maintain a good relationship.

As for an Islamic relationship built on trust, that is a load of bull. Islam encourages men to feel the utmost jealousy for their women while at the same time states that a woman's jealousy is to be ignored. Who wouldn't want to be a muslim?

aaa, I don't know what you're expecting from visiting a proper muslim country.
     Reply #69 - May 28, 2009, 11:36 AM

Sorry I missed that question, James - I only saw it coz Peruvian quoted it.

The verse does not say "Light" beating as Yusuf Ali (and some others) say.

It simply says "Hit" (I prefer to translate "Daraba" as HIT, rather than BEAT as I think it is more literal and so Muslims cannot accuse me of trying "load" what I say.)

The reason Yusuf Ali and others add "Lightly" is because they:

1. Feel embarrassed about this verse.

2. Are adding the tafseer many scholars give to the type of hitting as a result of the Hadith that states it must "not harsh" (Ghayr Mubarrih) - in other words - light.

However that does NOT mean it can't hurt and cause pain. It is obvious to me that this is exactly what the hitting was meant to do. But "light" only in the sense that it must not cause bruising, break bones or skin. (Phew that's a relief  Roll Eyes)

Nor is it only confined to using a miswak or feather or handkerchief.

There is no prohibition from using the hand or stick or any other implement and since the Prophet himself struck Aisha on the chest causing pain that should be clear.

There are also hadith that show companions used sticks and broke them during the "hitting" - so when Muslims say the hitting should be "Light" - that simply means it should not be be so harsh as to break bones, tear skin, or cause sever bruising. (Wow! Islam really improved the lot of women  Roll Eyes )
     Reply #70 - May 28, 2009, 11:47 AM

In case aaa hasn't seen this video I made about this subject - here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVxtfS-Fvzs
     Reply #71 - May 28, 2009, 12:16 PM

There are also hadith that show companions used sticks and broke them during the "hitting" - so when Muslims say the hitting should be "Light" - that simply means it should not be be so harsh as to break bones, tear skin, or cause sever bruising. (Wow! Islam really improved the lot of women  Roll Eyes )

Maybe your supposed to use a flimsy stick that breaks easily. Cheesy

If any Muslim was to argue that it would be another case of what Baal said:

Reply #72 - May 28, 2009, 12:27 PM

Excellent video. You really are a reasonable chap. Smiley

Reply #73 - May 28, 2009, 04:04 PM

Seriously people, don't fall for it, I have a feeling I know who this aaa person really is.  Wink

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #74 - May 28, 2009, 04:10 PM

There are also hadith that show companions used sticks and broke them during the "hitting" - so when Muslims say the hitting should be "Light" - that simply means it should not be be so harsh as to break bones, tear skin, or cause sever bruising. (Wow! Islam really improved the lot of women  Roll Eyes )

Really? Will you be able to quote any of those? It would be helpful Smiley
     Reply #75 - May 28, 2009, 04:13 PM

I have a feeling I know who this aaa person really is.  Wink

Go on then - what's you guess?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #76 - May 28, 2009, 04:16 PM

I have a feeling I know who this aaa person really is.  Wink

Go on then - what's you guess?

Come on, can't you tell?  same posting style, a connection with physical description and desires to another members requirements?  whistling2

Reply #77 - May 28, 2009, 04:19 PM

you guessing Tut?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #78 - May 28, 2009, 04:20 PM

you guessing Tut?

Yup.   yes

Reply #79 - May 28, 2009, 04:27 PM

Really? Will you be able to quote any of those? It would be helpful Smiley

"It is narrated from Asma bint Abu Bakr who said, "I was the fourth of four wives of al-Zubair. Whenever he would reprimand one of us, he would break off a branch from the wooden clothes hangers and beat her with it until he broke it over her." (Tahtheeb al-athar, Tabari)

But bear in mind that any Muslim you quote this to will throw it back and say 'Ah, but it's not a hadith of the prophet and not from Bukhari or Muslim. Though of course if some Tom, Dick or Harry said something they like in some obscure book that no-one's heard of - then it will suddenly become acceptable evidence Wink

Reply #80 - May 28, 2009, 04:51 PM

But bear in mind that any Muslim you quote this to will throw it back and say 'Ah, but it's not a hadith of the prophet and not from Bukhari or Muslim. Though of course if some Tom, Dick or Harry said something they like in some obscure book that no-one's heard of - then it will suddenly become acceptable evidence Wink

Have you also noticed that if you were to point to a scientific miracle in one of these non-authentic hadith, or any hadith to a Quran only muslim, then miraculously they are willing to accept it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #81 - May 28, 2009, 04:58 PM

Have you also noticed that if you were to point to a scientific miracle in one of these non-authentic hadith, or any hadith to a Quran only muslim, then miraculously they are willing to accept it?

Haven't you learnt the rule about authenticating Hadiths, yet, IsLame?

FFS, it's very simple: If it agrees with whoever you happen to be arguing with - it's authentic, if it contradicts them - it is unacceptable/fabricated
     Reply #82 - May 28, 2009, 05:09 PM

You are being stupid honestly, if you think she is me. I have my own problems, I really don't have the energy to be messing around on here. I am really very down.
     Reply #83 - May 28, 2009, 05:10 PM

Come on now tut, be honest, it's not like you've ever admitted straight off the bat to your other aliases.

Right now I can't prove anything but I sense a connection.  whistling2

Reply #84 - May 28, 2009, 05:11 PM

I said that you could just about find any number in the Quran with this type of method, anyone know of any other debunking arguments?

Similar tricks have been done with Moby Dick and the Hong Kong telephone directory.  Its bollocks, there's probly a thorough debunking on Wiki, and I'm sure I've seen a You Tube where Carol Vorderman debunks it too.  Google is your friend. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #85 - May 28, 2009, 05:20 PM

Come on now tut, be honest, it's not like you've ever admitted straight off the bat to your other aliases.

Right now I can't prove anything but I sense a connection.  whistling2

Honestly its not me, I've been to the doctors while she has been posting look:

check date out.
     Reply #86 - May 28, 2009, 05:27 PM

Ah, but at what time?  Tongue

Reply #87 - May 28, 2009, 05:30 PM

Well Ap was at 5:30pm but I went out at 1pm or something had a few light drinks. Am on "Citalopram" my doctors a hijabi, imagine how embarrassing it is for me! so I really don't have time to  play games online when am feeling suicidal.
     Reply #88 - May 28, 2009, 05:56 PM

Well Ap was at 5:30pm but I went out at 1pm or something had a few light drinks. Am on "Citalopram" my doctors a hijabi, imagine how embarrassing it is for me! so I really don't have time to  play games online when am feeling suicidal.

I studied unipolar in Psychology. It's the one that is usually triggered by the environment. Alcohol contributes to it too. Orgasms are good though, along with all physical exercises. And comedy. Do you like Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Reply #89 - May 28, 2009, 06:19 PM

I studied unipolar in Psychology. It's the one that is usually triggered by the environment. Alcohol contributes to it too. Orgasms are good though, along with all physical exercises. And comedy. Do you like Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Well my orgasms are fine, I think when I said to her I have "wife problems" she might have taken it the wrong way.  Cheesy So when I am on this medication what is most likely to happen?
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »