Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi

(Read 32457 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hi
     Reply #120 - May 29, 2009, 12:11 PM

Really? Wow, I really need to go back and read this hadeeth again... wacko

Yeah look at this particular part:

He asked Safwan, who was present, about what she had said. He replied: Apostle of Allah, as for her statement "he beats me when I pray", she recites two surahs (during prayer) and I have prohibited her (to do so).

I've noticed a recurring pattern in the 3 situations in the hadeeth: The husband is allowed to prohibit something that is permissable for the wife.

But I thought that Muhammad said that nobody should prohibit what is permissable for his ummah, or something like that...

Mo can change rules when he likes Wink The extra surah is not necessary so prohibiting her would not be unislamic. As for the fasting, it is a man's right to have sex whenever he likes so Mo passed a rule stating that women cannot even fast without their hubbys permission as sex is far too important (remember she's his prostitute).
     Reply #121 - May 29, 2009, 01:28 PM

Mo can change rules when he likes Wink The extra surah is not necessary so prohibiting her would not be unislamic. As for the fasting, it is a man's right to have sex whenever he likes so Mo passed a rule stating that women cannot even fast without their hubbys permission as sex is far too important (remember she's his prostitute).

Well that would explain why Safwan said that he could not "restrain" himself. This is really quite shocking. I really wasn't a fan of defaming the Qur'an and Sunnah before as a method against Muslims, but if you have a point, you have a point!

How does the ordinary British Muslim interpret this verse? I bet there are plenty who would ascribe a different definition to Safwan's use of the word "restrain"..

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #122 - May 29, 2009, 01:44 PM

Well that would explain why Safwan said that he could not "restrain" himself. This is really quite shocking. I really wasn't a fan of defaming the Qur'an and Sunnah before as a method against Muslims, but if you have a point, you have a point!

How does the ordinary British Muslim interpret this verse? I bet there are plenty who would ascribe a different definition to Safwan's use of the word "restrain"..

Stay around long enough and the shock factor will soon wear off Tongue The hadiths and Quran are full of shocking facts, I created a thread not too long ago containing many unethical/questionable hadiths about Mohammed and Islam. There are 3 huge posts worth of hadiths in it, and the last few days I've stumbled across many more which I will be adding to that thread soon. I think there's probably another 2/3 long posts worth of hadiths in my list now.

You don't sound like you much about the side of Islam muslims prefer not to talk about. If you're interested here's my thread-
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=5272.0

(I was quite harsh with my criticisms in there but then I was in a very bad mood at the time).
     Reply #123 - May 29, 2009, 02:23 PM

Yeah I should take a look at that, thanks.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #124 - June 03, 2009, 04:38 AM

Welcome aaa.

I am an atheist and I am welcoming you despite my opinion that you are generalizing (and possibly a troll)

I just know you'd jump down my throat if I generalized and said all Muslims were bigoted assholes. I won't say that despite my 'experience' with some Muslims (and religious people) because I don't want to stoop to your level.
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »