Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My Latest Video - "Morality"

(Read 10447 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My Latest Video - "Morality"
     OP - May 24, 2009, 09:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7CD6KwIY8
  • Re: My Latest Video - "Morality"
     Reply #1 - May 24, 2009, 09:57 PM

A difficult yet topical issue well tackled.  The script is well written - explains perfectly how I feel about the subject, and more.  Have you got all your videos backed up on a hard drive?  Just if something happens to them on YouTube, then they will be lost forever. 

I hope one day that we can find a way of getting your average Muslims looking at all your videos one day.  I am sure they might teach them a thing or two, at the very least not to judge people by how much salat they perform, but on their actions instead.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - May 24, 2009, 10:09 PM

A difficult yet topical issue well tackled.  The script is well written - explains perfectly how I feel about the subject, and more.  Have you got all your videos backed up on a hard drive?  Just if something happens to them on YouTube, then they will be lost forever. 

I hope one day that we can find a way of getting your average Muslims looking at all your videos one day.  I am sure they might teach them a thing or two, at the very least not to judge people by how much salat they perform, but on their actions instead.

Thanks - actually all the stuff on my hard disk got deleted and I lost all my videos. In fact this has happened twice lol.

The only video I have on my hard disk is this one I just made  grin12
     Reply #3 - May 24, 2009, 10:09 PM

can atheists explain why incest is wrong if humans are just animals?

animals do incest

please read my blog, read how islam will win
    the clash of civilization.

http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha
     Reply #4 - May 24, 2009, 10:36 PM

animals do incest

Incest increases the chances of passing on harmful recessive genes and therefore damages the health of a population.  I think you missed the entire point of Hassan's video.  From whence did you get the notion that he takes his morality from copying what animals do?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - May 24, 2009, 10:46 PM

A difficult yet topical issue well tackled.  The script is well written - explains perfectly how I feel about the subject, and more.  Have you got all your videos backed up on a hard drive?  Just if something happens to them on YouTube, then they will be lost forever.  

I hope one day that we can find a way of getting your average Muslims looking at all your videos one day.  I am sure they might teach them a thing or two, at the very least not to judge people by how much salat they perform, but on their actions instead.

Thanks - actually all the stuff on my hard disk got deleted and I lost all my videos. In fact this has happened twice lol.

The only video I have on my hard disk is this one I just made  grin12

Huh?  I would have thought you will have learned your lesson then after 2 hard drive failures?  They are good videos, and a shame if someone Islamically brainwashed working at Youtube decided to delete them all.

Do you plan to back them up, if not I dont mind doing if you dont e.g. have enough disk space?

Question for the Mods and Hassan -  do you think we should hold a copy of these videos in the resource section?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - May 24, 2009, 11:15 PM

Awesome video Hassan! Afro

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #7 - May 25, 2009, 06:58 AM

Question for the Mods and Hassan -  do you think we should hold a copy of these videos in the resource section?

Fine by me.

When I first made vids on my old channel they were posted here, but when I removed them I guess Oz felt that it wasn't worth re-posting the new ones in case I removed them again  grin12
     Reply #8 - May 25, 2009, 08:04 AM

Mods - is that ok by you? Also do we have the disk space to save them there in their entirety, rather than simply a youtube link, in case some mullah working their decides to delete them..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - May 25, 2009, 08:21 AM

'Now that I've left Islam I don't believe the morality passed down was divinely ordained.'

Hass, what did you think for the twenty odd years before you became a muslim? You never seemed immpral to me, why would it even concern you, before, during or after?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #10 - May 25, 2009, 08:26 AM

probably because its usually amongst the very first few questions on any Muslim's lips when talking to an ex-muslim:

"without religion you would prance around naked on the streets"  
    "everyone would be having sex"
    "what would stop you from killing people
    "how do you know whats right and wrong"
    "society would turn into an immmoral one"

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - May 25, 2009, 08:30 AM

probably because its usually amongst the very first few questions on any Muslim's lips when talking to an ex-muslim:

"without religion you would prance around naked on the streets"  
    "everyone would be having sex"
    "what would stop you from killing people
    "how do you know whats right and wrong"
    "society would turn into an immmoral one"

Yes, but presumably he'd already discovered that he didn't do those things before he became a practising Muslim, so why start worrying about it after?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #12 - May 25, 2009, 08:57 AM

Nice video Hassan!!

Reply #13 - May 25, 2009, 09:11 AM

One point you bring up which is very important is how religions, and in particular Islam with its belief that it is the final world of God and cannot be developed upon or changed, ever, goes agains everything else in existence.

Everything in existence comes, developes, changes, then dies and turns into something else. Nothing lasts forever, including our thoughts and feelings. One min i could be feeling low, then i might see something that makes me laugh and the feeling of being low vanishes.

The Sun, Earth, seas, our bodies, the house your in, the PC your using, all other religions, languages, cars, cultures, nations all these things right down to the tiny particles in your bones are always in a state of change, coming and going.

Some of you may know ive been following Buddhism for a while, and this imperminance is a big part of it. Even in Buddhism it is accepted that one day the buddhas teachings will change and be lost.

So the point im making is religions that claim to have the unshakeable truth, that never changes, that keep us fixed, is very dangerous to our natural existence as a species, that we need to be free to develop new thoughts and 'morals' in order to stay in touch with things. In fact this will always happed, because it simply has too.

So Islam is really trying the impossible by trying to impose a universal unchanging set of human rules upon us all, and the belief that it can never be changed or altered is going against the nature of things always change.
     Reply #14 - May 25, 2009, 10:41 AM

'Now that I've left Islam I don't believe the morality passed down was divinely ordained.'

Hass, what did you think for the twenty odd years before you became a muslim? You never seemed immpral to me, why would it even concern you, before, during or after?

I guess Islam changes your perception of things and how you see your life. When I started practicing Islam I looked back at my teenage years as a sort of "Jahiliyya" period. (Time of Ignorance.)
     Reply #15 - May 25, 2009, 10:57 AM

I guess Islam changes your perception of things and how you see your life. When I started practicing Islam I looked back at my teenage years as a sort of "Jahiliyya" period. (Time of Ignorance.)

yes

and now we look at our Islamic years as a sort of "Jahiliyya" period. (Time of Ignorance.)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - May 25, 2009, 11:10 AM

animals do incest

Can Muslims explain why marriage between first cousins is allowed  especially as it increases the chances of passing on regressive genes & producing physically or mentally disabled kids? grin12

Even Prophet Muhammad gave his daughter Fatima in marriage to his close relative Ali.  Tongue

Muhammad banned men & women who had been breastfed by the same wet nurse from marrying & insisted that they divorce even if they had married, although it has no genetic ill effects, couldn't he ban cousin marriages in his most logically & scientifically advanced religion? bunny

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #17 - May 25, 2009, 12:07 PM

animals do incest

Huh?  because we dont want to have sex with our sisters, is that a good enough reason? 

Is your love of Allah & Islam the only thing stopping you from shagging your own mother?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - May 25, 2009, 12:12 PM

Here's a vid from Thunderf00t on the same subject...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyd6om8IC4M&feature=PlayList&p=AC3481305829426D&index=28

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #19 - May 25, 2009, 05:05 PM

Insightful - loved his earlier impression of the preacher

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - May 25, 2009, 05:39 PM

Thanks Cheetah - that was a fucking amazing video.  Afro

(much better than mine lol - but I hope at least mine resonates with what Muslims are going through Smiley )
     Reply #21 - May 25, 2009, 06:42 PM

Thunderf00t gives the scientific overview, you give the personal testimony.  Both are equally important, IMO.  It'd be good to have both your vids and his in the Resource Centre.

Reply #22 - May 26, 2009, 03:13 PM

Thunderf00t gives the scientific overview, you give the personal testimony.  Both are equally important, IMO.  It'd be good to have both your vids and his in the Resource Centre.

Thanks - and btw, if anyone wants to download and distribute my videos on CD they are welcome (so long as you don't charge for them lol) - Also if anyone wants to host my videos on their own Youtube channel - like Aziz does - you are welcome also (just let me know first - as I don't want them hosted on Christian Fundie site or a BNP site etc... Wink )

I have also been thinking it would be a good idea to subtitle these in Arabic, but am far too lazy to do it, so again if anyone wants to do Arabic or any other language subtitles they would be welcome. (again just let me know first.)

Smiley
     Reply #23 - May 26, 2009, 03:27 PM

Sounds like an excellent idea.  How do we go about doing this?  P.S  As mentioned earlier, can we host them rather than relying on youtube?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - May 26, 2009, 06:38 PM

Well worth watching  yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w309hbGVH6A
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »