Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Man Convicted of Attempted Firebombing

(Read 2949 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Man Convicted of Attempted Firebombing
     OP - May 16, 2009, 10:09 PM

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6295795.ece

Quote from: Timesonline
    A radical Muslim who dressed his baby daughter in a hat with "I love al-Qaeda" on it tried to firebomb the home of the publisher of a controversial novel about the Prophet Mohammed.
    Ali Beheshti, 40, along with Abrar Mirza, 22, have admitted conspiracy to recklessly damage property and endanger life after they poured diesel through the letterbox of a publishing house in Islington, North London.
    Abbas Taj, 30, a mini-cab driver, was found guilty at Croydon Crown court of conspiracy to firebomb the home of Martin Rynja, the publisher of The Jewel Of Medina.
    He was to be the getaway driver, but was stopped in his car and arrested by armed police near Angel Tube station in the early hours in September last year, just after they had set fire to the premises.

Officers had been watching the three men in an "intelligence led" surveillance operation.
    Beheshti's 20-month-old daughter, Farisa, was pictured wearing the hat when he took her along to a protest against Danish cartoons of the prophet Mohammed and proudly called her "the youngest member of al-Qaeda".
    He waved banners vowing to "Massacre those who insult Islam" and promising "Europe, your 9/11 will come!"

During the protests in 2006 he called himself "Abu Jihad" meaning holy war.

The three men began their attack when publisher Mr Rynja was preparing to release The Jewel Of Medina, a novel about the Prophet Mohammed and the life of his child bride, Aisha.
    The trio were planning to spend the night at Regent's Park Mosque, in North London, as part of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, but shortly after arrival they set out with "fire-making equipment"for the home of Mr Rynja.
    Diesel bought by Beheshti, from Ilford, East London, stored in a green container inside a white plastic bag, was transferred to the boot of Taj?s Honda Accord at around 10.30pm, the evening before the arson attack.
    Taj and Beheshti then drove to pick up Mirza, a mobile phone salesman, from near the Queen's Road Mosque in Walthamstow, northeast London.
    They then drove to their target at 2am.
    But while Taj claimed to have "no idea" about the plot and said that he was simply "giving a lift" to the two men, a jury of eight women and four men found otherwise.
    Deputy Assistant Commissioner John McDowall, head of the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "These men planned to carry out arson as a violent reaction and protest against the publishing of a book.
    They did not care whether anybody would be killed or injured when they poured diesel through the letterbox and set fire to it. "
    "Photographs, tapes and documents found at their homes showed the violent mindset of this trio of arsonists. This was a professional, proactive investigation which left Ali Beheshti and Abrar Mirza with no choice but to admit their guilt when faced with overwhelming evidence.

?Abbas Taj denied being a part of the conspiracy, claiming he was an innocent party who was merely giving his friends a lift. But the jury has seen through his lies and convicted him today."
    After 10 hours and 45 minutes of deliberation, Taj was convicted of conspiracy to recklessly damage property and endanger life by a majority.
    The publication of The Jewel of Medina was cancelled by one major publisher in the United States over fears that it could offend Muslims.
    In Serbia the book was withdrawn after protests from local Islamic leaders but was subsequently returned to bookshelves.
    Speaking last October, Mr Rynja said that the novel was not offensive and added that he felt its publication was part of a liberal democracy.

Note: I am sure this is one bad apple & does not reflect the sentiments of the vast majority of British Muslims, I also have no way of verifying this news report except through what Timesonline published.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
  • Re: Man Convicted of Attempted Firebombing
     Reply #1 - May 16, 2009, 10:22 PM

Timesonline are a reliable source.  What an asshole this guy is.  Not only for attempting to firebomb someone, but for this too..

Beheshti?s 20-month-old daughter, Farisa, was pictured wearing the hat when he took her along to a protest against Danish cartoons of the prophet Mohammed and proudly called her ?the youngest member of al-Qaeda?.
    He waved banners vowing to "Massacre those who insult Islam" and promising "Europe, your 9/11 will come!"

I remember seeing footage of those protests with little kids there looking totally bewildered.  Its bad enough if adults want to be extremist, at least they could leave their children out of it.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - May 17, 2009, 08:55 AM

The funny thing is, I've read the Jewel of Medina, it is not even an ANTI-Islamic book it is pro Islamic, its like reading a Martin Lings book when he rationalizes the rape of Saffiya. This book was just shit and factually incorrect.
     Reply #3 - May 17, 2009, 12:07 PM

Things like this really annoy me. I bet that geezer had never even read a single sentence in the book but because he was told it was blasphemous, he had to go and do what he did. Its like the whole Salman Rushdie thing, there was massive outrage over The Satanic Verses and how many of those people who were burning effigies had actually read the book. I doubt a single one of them had. Its just this stupid, tribal or mob mentality, whatever you want to call it!

A friend of mine joined a facebook group against the Jewel of Madina and I asked her if she had read it. Not to my surprise, she had not read a single word of it.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #4 - May 17, 2009, 12:13 PM

The funny thing is, I've read the Jewel of Medina, it is not even an ANTI-Islamic book it is pro Islamic, its like reading a Martin Lings book when he rationalizes the rape of Saffiya. This book was just shit and factually incorrect.

I've heard of Martin Lings. What is he famous for?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #5 - May 17, 2009, 12:19 PM

He was a convert who wrote a biography of Muhammad

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #6 - May 17, 2009, 12:20 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muhammad-Life-Based-Earliest-Sources/dp/1594771537/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »