Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New here

(Read 14395 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: New here
     Reply #30 - May 16, 2009, 10:31 AM

Thats awful, but sadly unsurprising as it is one of the reasons I left Islam.

"a number of distinctions drawn and prejudices applied upon Jews and Christians who refused to accept and bow to Islam. Just by way of a single example, page 56 of this study deals with the "Invalidity of the Dhimmi's Oath".

With legal cases being dealt with under Quranic law, every case involving a Muslim and a dhimmi received a "peculiar" treatment in that a dhimmi was forbidden to give evidence against a Muslim. The Dhimmi's oath being deemed unacceptable in an Islamic court, which made it virtually impossible for any Muslim opponent to be condemned. To further any defence, the book describes that the dhimmi would be obliged to "purchase" Muslim witnesses, often at great expense.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dhimmi-Jews-Christians-Under-Islam/dp/0838632629

I was actually joking about needing therapy but I felt like I might need it, my attitude was negative and I was defensive about the least things.  I said if that was what dhimmitude was like just from exposure over the Internet, imagine the hell it must be in reality.  And I am not a weak personality by any means. 

I was just sorry to see so many of what could have been good people that were so easily usurped and twisted in the name of religion.

You're spot on.  I read a lot so thanks for the book recommendation.
     Reply #31 - May 16, 2009, 10:46 AM

lol I never knew u were a woman  grin12

I know what you mean about recovering from being on ummah - my God they really do live in a world cut off from reality (Is Abu Mubarak still active as ever - that guy is dangerous imho)

I was the infamous Pinky, then Bekka which abum changed for me because he said that name was too close to the site that is "holy" to Muslims; then I came back as dodi which I figured they wouldn't gripe about the name.  LOL  Yep, abum was still there and, I think, the main reason behind my being banned.  I know I got a time out when I shortened his name to "abum" .. I thought it was fitting. 

You're right, that man is scary or wants to be over the Internet regardless of how he comes off in other settings.  He's downright mean, got a cruel streak.  I once asked him if he converted while in prison because that is what he reminds me of.  He gave me some sort of indirect claptrap if it was an answer at all.  I guess he couldn't work for Fed-X if he'd been in prison, huh?  Unless his record was exonerated or something. 

He whined about wanting to move to Somalia so I offered to buy him a one way plane ticket and drive him to the airport.  That got me a time out for a month or so.   Roll Eyes   I thought I was being nice helping to rid the US of a disgruntled, freaky malcontent.   Oh well ....
     Reply #32 - May 16, 2009, 10:50 AM

He whined about wanting to move to Somalia so I offered to buy him a one way plane ticket and drive him to the airport.  That got me a time out for a month or so.   Roll Eyes   

Smiley

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - May 16, 2009, 12:21 PM

Hi dodi.

Are you an Atheist, an Atheist basher, or still deciding between the two?

Im affraid there is no fourth position in existence.

Actually I'm Jewish, rayback.

Sorry, I'm not into Atheist bashing, are you?

Oh yes. Definately.

If you've not bashed Atheists, you've not lived.

truthful person never fears debates: http://omrow.blogspot.com/
     Reply #34 - May 16, 2009, 12:31 PM

Hi dodi.

Are you an Atheist, an Atheist basher, or still deciding between the two?

Im affraid there is no fourth position in existence.

Actually I'm Jewish, rayback.

Sorry, I'm not into Atheist bashing, are you?

Oh yes. Definately.

Will you bash my mouth with a pancake, please?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - May 16, 2009, 01:04 PM

lol I never knew u were a woman  grin12

I know what you mean about recovering from being on ummah - my God they really do live in a world cut off from reality (Is Abu Mubarak still active as ever - that guy is dangerous imho)

I was the infamous Pinky, then Bekka which abum changed for me because he said that name was too close to the site that is "holy" to Muslims; then I came back as dodi which I figured they wouldn't gripe about the name.  LOL  Yep, abum was still there and, I think, the main reason behind my being banned.  I know I got a time out when I shortened his name to "abum" .. I thought it was fitting. 

You're right, that man is scary or wants to be over the Internet regardless of how he comes off in other settings.  He's downright mean, got a cruel streak.  I once asked him if he converted while in prison because that is what he reminds me of.  He gave me some sort of indirect claptrap if it was an answer at all.  I guess he couldn't work for Fed-X if he'd been in prison, huh?  Unless his record was exonerated or something. 

He whined about wanting to move to Somalia so I offered to buy him a one way plane ticket and drive him to the airport.  That got me a time out for a month or so.   Roll Eyes   I thought I was being nice helping to rid the US of a disgruntled, freaky malcontent.   Oh well ....

Yes, I knew you were Pinky - but for some reason the penny never dropped that you were a female lol.

Abu M (as I always called him too Wink ) is definitely a chap with a massive chip on his shoulder and though he tries to hide it he is racist (which is why I reckon he is a convert to Salafism from Nation of Islam).

I can't remember how far back you go on ummah Dodi, but do you remember all the long battles I had with Abu M? There were some classic threads there (one in particular called "Reviewing Shar'ah" they deleted - shame as it was massive and really fascinating).

Those were the days I was still a Muslim and still trying to see if there was any hope of reforming Islam and moving Muslims towards a more moderate open-minded stance.

As you can see - I gave up lol  grin12
     Reply #36 - May 16, 2009, 01:26 PM

Oh yes. Definately.

Will you bash my mouth with a pancake, please?

Today it will have to be Fwench Toast.  How's that?  I can make it gooey, drippy and half cooked.

(fixed quote tags)
     Reply #37 - May 16, 2009, 04:52 PM

Abum (good nickname btw dodi!) was still very active during our raid of Ummah. I got into quite a few debates with him over evolution and homosexuality. It was quite funny during the one on evolution because I managed to convince one of the other muslims that evolution is worth looking into. Abum wasn't too happy with that Tongue
     Reply #38 - May 16, 2009, 11:14 PM

Yes, I knew you were Pinky - but for some reason the penny never dropped that you were a female lol.

Abu M (as I always called him too Wink ) is definitely a chap with a massive chip on his shoulder and though he tries to hide it he is racist (which is why I reckon he is a convert to Salafism from Nation of Islam).

I can't remember how far back you go on ummah Dodi, but do you remember all the long battles I had with Abu M? There were some classic threads there (one in particular called "Reviewing Shar'ah" they deleted - shame as it was massive and really fascinating).

Those were the days I was still a Muslim and still trying to see if there was any hope of reforming Islam and moving Muslims towards a more moderate open-minded stance.

I well remember your debates with abum and others.  Do you remember when they set up the Asylum?  I was asked to be in it and did as a courtesy to Sajid and got threats by pm. 

Most of the threads devolved into some of us being continually mauled by the likes of mechanic, muslimwarrior, marwan, cyberabdullah, remat and a few others.   That forum has been monitored at some times more than others.  

(fixed quote tags again. Tongue )
     Reply #39 - May 17, 2009, 08:17 AM

I well remember your debates with abum and others.  Do you remember when they set up the Asylum?  I was asked to be in it and did as a courtesy to Sajid and got threats by pm. 

Most of the threads devolved into some of us being continually mauled by the likes of mechanic, muslimwarrior, marwan, cyberabdullah, remat and a few others.   That forum has been monitored at some times more than others.  

I don't remember the Asylum - but my memory is terrible lol

btw I met Sajid in person. He came round my house a loooong time ago, maybe about 2003? He  seemed like a nice guy - just a typical young English Asain. I can't understand why he has put up with some of the extreme nutters on ummah for so long. I used to hope that he - and other mods there - would stand up to Abu Mubarak and the hard-line Salafis.

It reminds me of that quote about bad ppl doing bad things and good ppl doing good things but for good ppl to do bad things - that takes religion. :(
     Reply #40 - May 17, 2009, 12:06 PM

btw I met Sajid in person. He came round my house a loooong time ago, maybe about 2003? He  seemed like a nice guy - just a typical young English Asain. I can't understand why he has put up with some of the extreme nutters on ummah for so long. I used to hope that he - and other mods there - would stand up to Abu Mubarak and the hard-line Salafis.

It reminds me of that quote about bad ppl doing bad things and good ppl doing good things but for good ppl to do bad things - that takes religion. :(

If the email I have for Sajid is current, I plan to let him know when I'm coming through the UK on my way to Israel in November and see if he was serious about having tea if I ever came there.  He was one of the few who was nice to me and, like you, I don't understand his putting up with the dregs on that forum unless it's a big part of his livelihood.  It's sure cost them on reputation and drawn attention they don't want from certain agencies.
     Reply #41 - May 17, 2009, 12:49 PM

If the email I have for Sajid is current, I plan to let him know when I'm coming through the UK on my way to Israel in November and see if he was serious about having tea if I ever came there.  He was one of the few who was nice to me and, like you, I don't understand his putting up with the dregs on that forum unless it's a big part of his livelihood.  It's sure cost them on reputation and drawn attention they don't want from certain agencies.

Hey if you fancy a quick tour of my city: Oxford (it's only a small) when you come the UK I would be happy to oblige (and we can have a pint of real ale rather than tea  grin12 )

I will pm u my email address Smiley
     Reply #42 - May 17, 2009, 02:11 PM

Thats awful, but sadly unsurprising as it is one of the reasons I left Islam.

"a number of distinctions drawn and prejudices applied upon Jews and Christians who refused to accept and bow to Islam. Just by way of a single example, page 56 of this study deals with the "Invalidity of the Dhimmi's Oath".

With legal cases being dealt with under Quranic law, every case involving a Muslim and a dhimmi received a "peculiar" treatment in that a dhimmi was forbidden to give evidence against a Muslim. The Dhimmi's oath being deemed unacceptable in an Islamic court, which made it virtually impossible for any Muslim opponent to be condemned. To further any defence, the book describes that the dhimmi would be obliged to "purchase" Muslim witnesses, often at great expense.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dhimmi-Jews-Christians-Under-Islam/dp/0838632629

I was actually joking about needing therapy but I felt like I might need it, my attitude was negative and I was defensive about the least things.  I said if that was what dhimmitude was like just from exposure over the Internet, imagine the hell it must be in reality.  And I am not a weak personality by any means. 

I was just sorry to see so many of what could have been good people that were so easily usurped and twisted in the name of religion.

You're spot on.  I read a lot so thanks for the book recommendation.

Don't worry he does not get my jokes either.
     Reply #43 - May 17, 2009, 02:12 PM

Wait, wait, I do the hitting on women here!  finmad
     Reply #44 - May 17, 2009, 02:13 PM

By the way Dodi, welcome to the forum.
     Reply #45 - May 17, 2009, 10:26 PM

Rayback and Kope are the same person?

Reply #46 - May 17, 2009, 10:29 PM

What gave you that idea?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #47 - May 17, 2009, 10:49 PM

How do you know, only the mods and admis can know this. But as seen as though they accused me of being Jihadi or something I wouldn't trust them.
     Reply #48 - May 18, 2009, 12:16 AM

Hey if you fancy a quick tour of my city: Oxford (it's only a small) when you come the UK I would be happy to oblige (and we can have a pint of real ale rather than tea  grin12 )

I will pm u my email address Smiley

I will definitely let you know and I hope we have some time to spend there. 

It's like old home week for my daughter only with Mum along.  She did a study abroad semester in Belfast last year and traveled all over the place.  She loved it ... even when she was deported for not coming into the country via London.  Queens sent her to Paris for a long weekend via Wales so she could come back in the "right" way.    dance  It only took the university 3 months to realize their mistake in not sending her travel info previous to entering the country.  She just booked for Belfast and started to work. 
     Reply #49 - May 18, 2009, 12:24 AM

Your daughter went to Queen's?  I'm not that far down the road from there, how did she like Belfast?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #50 - May 18, 2009, 05:44 AM

Welcome dodi.   Smiley  Don't take too much notice of Rayback, he obviously hasn't had his pancake fix today. 

He also can't count

Probably in part due to Pancake deficiency.

He mixes his 72's and 73's as well.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #51 - May 18, 2009, 06:29 AM

What gave you that idea?

Both have similar styles, I guess!! Maybe I am wrong!

Reply #52 - May 18, 2009, 12:21 PM

Your daughter went to Queen's?  I'm not that far down the road from there, how did she like Belfast?

She loved her time there even with the winter weather.  She took the black cab tour and visited just about every pub and brewery in the country.  Still haven't figured out how that fits into her thesis.   Wink   

And she met lots of great people, one who was an exchange student at the high school she eventually went to.  That exchange student was here when she was 5-6 years old, went to our synagogue and lived with friends of ours.  She's still in touch with several of the people she met in Belfast - a few are now studying in Boston and N. Zealand and she's been to visit the ones in Boston.  She was in an advanced psychology program at Queens. 

Part of her 'study' specified by the people providing the grant for this study abroad was to visit as many cultural sites and events as she could.  Maybe that's where the pubs fit in.  One theme for a thesis was on cultural forgiveness.
     Reply #53 - May 18, 2009, 01:58 PM

Well their loss is our gain - I am truly glad to see you mate - what a nice surprise Smiley

For those who don't know Dodi is a great guy and someone I'm proud to consider my friend  Afro

Is this the same guy you referred to once in a thread, he was Jewish and was continuinely harrassed by Ummah'ites and stayed calm & reasonable throughout it, even when at times when they were being abusive?

That was a guy called "History".

Man, I remember history, great "guy" (I thought it was a she to be honest)

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #54 - May 18, 2009, 10:25 PM

Well their loss is our gain - I am truly glad to see you mate - what a nice surprise Smiley

For those who don't know Dodi is a great guy and someone I'm proud to consider my friend  Afro

Is this the same guy you referred to once in a thread, he was Jewish and was continuinely harrassed by Ummah'ites and stayed calm & reasonable throughout it, even when at times when they were being abusive?

I'm pretty sure, History was a He - and yes he was brilliant - can't believe Abu M banned him.
     Reply #55 - May 18, 2009, 11:40 PM

History is around.  Super man in many ways, physcian in real life.

I'm pretty sure, History was a He - and yes he was brilliant - can't believe Abu M banned him.

History is still around, calm and collected as ever.  Wonderful man, physician in real life. 
     Reply #56 - May 19, 2009, 06:57 AM

History is still around, calm and collected as ever.  Wonderful man, physician in real life. 

The guy is a legend - he had a huge impact on me when I was on ummah  Afro
     Reply #57 - May 19, 2009, 08:43 AM

The guy is a legend - he had a huge impact on me when I was on ummah  Afro

Where is he?  Can someone invite him over here?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - May 19, 2009, 08:44 AM

Welcome Dodi, nice to have you here.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »