Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Meredith's Intro Thread

(Read 7809 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Meredith's Intro Thread
     OP - May 10, 2009, 11:58 AM

*Post removed*

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

• Re: Meredith's Intro Thread
     Reply #1 - May 10, 2009, 12:16 PM

I like your signature Meredith - did you write it yourself? I dont believe you have posted before, tell us a little bit more about your journey

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - May 10, 2009, 12:17 PM

Hi and welcome Meredith!

It really sucks how religion can ruin relationships. However, that is not always the case. My cousin is a practicing and believing Muslim, and he didn't break up our friendship when I announced my apostasy to him. We have had several discussions over the past months which didn't result in his deconversion or anything, he's the kind of person who really needs his religion. We occasionally make jokes about how I'm doomed to eternal hell fire and how he is brainwashed and believes in old silly myths. I sometimes even get disrespectful about Allah, calling him nuts, crazy, evil and such things, it's always meant light-hearted. We still get along very fine.

It's very disheartening to know that your close friends and relatives can ditch you simply because you had a change of mind and heart. I worry about what the rest of my family will think and say once they know about my secret.
    I'm sure you will make better friends soon. Keep your chin up.
     far away hug

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #3 - May 13, 2009, 12:37 PM

*Post removed*

Reply #4 - May 13, 2009, 12:40 PM

Welcome to the forum Meredith.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - May 13, 2009, 12:43 PM

It's very disheartening to know that your close friends and relatives can ditch you simply because you had a change of mind and heart. I worry about what the rest of my family will think and say once they know about my secret.
    I'm sure you will make better friends soon. Keep your chin up.
     far away hug

Thank you for the warm welcome
    You are very lucky to have such a cousin. I know my family aren't so open minded. I don't even think they realize how ingrained the rejection of anyone changing is.

I haven't lost my family yet because i am not open about my views, i do not wish to strain our bond anymore than i have to. I do keep to myself and they tend to stay away from me.

Reply #6 - May 13, 2009, 12:45 PM

Welcome to the forum Meredith.   Smiley

thnkyu

I feel at home already Smiley

Reply #7 - May 13, 2009, 12:45 PM

signwelcome Meredith!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #8 - May 13, 2009, 01:00 PM

signwelcome Meredith!

Tyy! <3

Reply #9 - May 13, 2009, 01:01 PM

Welcome to the forum Meredith!

Wow, how many Londoners are on this forum!? I miss my home city  Cry
     Reply #10 - May 13, 2009, 01:06 PM

We Brits are just that cool xD
    Is there alot of Londoners? I wouldn't want to be the only one.

Is London your home city?

Reply #11 - May 13, 2009, 01:07 PM

I haven't told my parents or any of my siblings and i do not really have the courage too but because i have stopped being religiously observent - They have in effect shunned me and say i have dishonored the community.
    I did go confide in my best friend and her response was one that really did hurt me above my parents. I would hardly call her observent, she drinks and has sex but still calls herself a Muslim and when i told her i don't feel like a Muslim anymore. She stopped talking to me and called me evil so yes, i know how you are feeling as it is very similar to mine.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of those chicks. The type who'd do anal and give deep throat, but refuse to have a penis in her vagina because it's against her religious teachings.
     Reply #12 - May 13, 2009, 01:08 PM

We Brits are just that cool xD
    Is there alot of Londoners? I wouldn't want to be the only one.

I think there are a few on here?

Yeh I'm from London...used to hate it and then I moved away and realized how much I love it  wacko 4 months till I return!  bunny bunny
     Reply #13 - May 13, 2009, 01:14 PM

Yeah, I've seen plenty of those chicks. The type who'd do anal and give deep throat, but refuse to have a penis in her vagina because it's against her religious teachings.

Exactly.
    Its almost always those who wear the hijab and whos parents hold up as better than others, those are the ones to look out for.
    The parents have no idea what they do, they take off the headscarf when they are out of sight and get up to the nastiest things.

Reply #14 - May 13, 2009, 01:14 PM

I grew up in london, and I'm still pretty local to it myself.

Welcome Meredith, don't worry, you are amongst friends now, each one of us is a black sheep, so much cooler than the regular white sheeps don't you think?  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #15 - May 13, 2009, 01:14 PM

I like your signature Meredith - did you write it yourself? I dont believe you have posted before, tell us a little bit more about your journey

I would love to take credit for it but no. I just found it and tweaked it a bit =]
    No i haven't, i have looked around the forum for a long time but didn't post.

Well. i'm 18, I'm Somalian. I currently live in London.
    I can't even pinpoint the moment in which i stopped believing, i think it was a gradual change in me over the years. I used to wear the veil and hijab and for my exams - we studied other religions and the arguments for and against God; i researched all of these and found myself questioning Islam and religion generally.
    This was at a time where Islam was very much in the spotlight and cases were being highlighted of Muslims going nuts over the cartoons and i found myself thinking why there was not such outrage over rape victims being stoned.
    I stopped wearing the hijab and over time stopped reading the qu'ran and praying. I realised i didn't feel guilty anymore for not doing it.
    The final nail in the coffin for me has to be when i visited my parents country and ran across a situation where a young girl was being sold to a distant family relative for marriage :S

Ever since i stopped that, i'm almost the black sheep of the family. My Mom hasn't outright asked me yet am i a Muslim and if she did, i would not know what i can say to her but i think she suspects

Thanks for sharing that, Meredith - and Welcome  Smiley
     Reply #16 - May 13, 2009, 01:16 PM

I think there are a few on here?

Yeh I'm from London...used to hate it and then I moved away and realized how much I love it  wacko 4 months till I return!  bunny bunny

Where did you move to?

Reply #17 - May 13, 2009, 01:18 PM

Exactly.
    Its almost always those who wear the hijab and whos parents hold up as better than others, those are the ones to look out for.
    The parents have no idea what they do, they take off the headscarf when they are out of sight and get up to the nastiest things.

Yeah, I've had a sex with few who would only strictly do anal and blow-jobs, - bear in mind I used to be a Muslim then and I always had a thing for hijabi chicks, I still to, so I dated some. In fact I knew a married hijabi woman in her late 30s who used to be really kinky.
     Reply #18 - May 13, 2009, 01:19 PM

I grew up in london, and I'm still pretty local to it myself.

Welcome Meredith, don't worry, you are amongst friends now, each one of us is a black sheep, so much cooler than the regular white sheeps don't you think?  Tongue

Thank you Berber, i'm sorry for hijacking your thread lol

I can see that, i'm very grateful for that. It's hard not to just pretend to be a Muslim if you'll be accepted again by your family but i can't lie.

Reply #19 - May 13, 2009, 01:20 PM

Oh and by the way welcome to the forum Meredith - speaking of black sheep I am the black sheep of this forum.  Tongue
     Reply #20 - May 13, 2009, 01:21 PM

Yeah, I've had a sex with few who would only strictly do anal and blow-jobs, - bear in mind I used to be a Muslim then and I always had a thing for hijabi chicks, I still to, so I dated some. In fact I knew a married hijabi woman in her late 30s who used to be really kinky.

The same rule applied to the men, they always used to approach me when i was in my hijab and ask me questions outside of a Mosque. I can laugh at it looking back.

I know many of these women and teens in my community who abort, cheat and are just basic whores but nevermind. They are seen as better than me because they wear the hijab and i don't. I get so angry at those doublestandards.

Reply #21 - May 13, 2009, 01:23 PM

Thank you Berber, i'm sorry for hijacking your thread lol

No worries, this thread is for all of us who have been made to feel this way.  Smiley

I can see that, i'm very grateful for that. It's hard not to just pretend to be a Muslim if you'll be accepted again by your family but i can't lie.

I know, I still have days where I feel like faking it too.  It's hurtful to think that your worth can only be determined by how pious you are, and by people who are meant to accept you for who you are.

Reply #22 - May 13, 2009, 01:24 PM

Tut, give her some time to adjust to the forum before you start throwing out all your sexual shit.  Cheesy

(please excuse tut, you'll find out soon enough why you need to excuse him Tongue)

Reply #23 - May 13, 2009, 01:26 PM

I used to be, right up until 3 years ago, when I moved back from Greenwich to Manchester

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - May 13, 2009, 01:42 PM

No worries, this thread is for all of us who have been made to feel this way.  Smiley

I know, I still have days where I feel like faking it too.  It's hurtful to think that your worth can only be determined by how pious you are, and by people who are meant to accept you for who you are.

I have been told many times that Islam and loyalty to that over rules any love they have for me. My own 'dad' told me i was lucky to be in UK before he left for Africa.

I haven't been mistreated so badly that i will go back to being a Muslim but bad enough to be considering it. I just can't wait until i move out tbh.

Reply #25 - May 13, 2009, 01:55 PM

Welcome to the forum Meredith Smiley I really love your avatar yes
     Reply #26 - May 13, 2009, 02:14 PM

Me too  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #27 - May 13, 2009, 02:15 PM

Welcome Meredith Smiley Glad you decided to participate.

Mods- Can you split this thread and send it to Introductions?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #28 - May 13, 2009, 09:20 PM

Exactly.

Translation: She used to display her ankle to me whenever she sat down,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #29 - May 13, 2009, 09:29 PM

Welcome to the forum, Meredith. I see you've met Tut.  Roll Eyes  Feel free to kick him in the nuts if he misbehaves.
    It's standard operating procedure around here.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »