Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Now that we can eat non-halal food...

(Read 26279 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Now that we can eat non-halal food...
     Reply #30 - May 13, 2009, 10:50 AM

Has anyone ever heard of UKFC?

It's a halal equivalent of KFC, as far as I know I have only heard of chains in Bradford and Manchester, but it's a good place. I would go there over KFC simply because the burgers really are nice and you get 2 tower burger meals for ?5!!! Now that's cheap. It used to be ?4... seriously, I dunno how they were even making money, but ?5 is still cheap, that's ?2.50 for a tower meal whereas in KFC is costs you something like ?4.10 for a tower burger meal.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #31 - May 13, 2009, 01:04 PM

It's a halal equivalent of KFC, as far as I know I have only heard of chains in Bradford and Manchester, but it's a good place. I would go there over KFC simply because the burgers really are nice and you get 2 tower burger meals for ?5!!! Now that's cheap. It used to be ?4... seriously, I dunno how they were even making money, but ?5 is still cheap, that's ?2.50 for a tower meal whereas in KFC is costs you something like ?4.10 for a tower burger meal.

I can get my fillet on fire burger for 2 quid. Maybe they are just ripping you off.

But first thing i tried was pork and i almost threw up. It smelled and tasted disgusting. The second thing i tried was alcohol and it smelled like bleach and tasted worse Tongue

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #32 - May 13, 2009, 01:07 PM

Nando's FTW!

Alright...really time for me to go study now... lipsrsealed
     Reply #33 - May 13, 2009, 01:13 PM

I can get my fillet on fire burger for 2 quid. Maybe they are just ripping you off.

But first thing i tried was pork and i almost threw up. It smelled and tasted disgusting. The second thing i tried was alcohol and it smelled like bleach and tasted worse Tongue

I assure you, you tasted the wrong types of pork and alcohol.

There are many different textures and tastes of pork, depending which part of the pig you are eating. For example, Bacon is dark pink when cooked, whereas a Pork Chop is as white as chicken. First timers, I recommend Bernard Matthew's Turkey Ham. That's how my girlfriend got used to pork.

I'm not too big a fan when it comes to alcohol but by far the easiest to take is alcopops which are usually around 5% alcohol. They just taste like lemonade. The spirits are the hardest to take because they have the highest concentration of alcohol, usually always at 37.5% to 40% e.g. vodka, whiskey, rum.

Reply #34 - May 13, 2009, 01:14 PM

Ferrero, that's interesting I get that same sick feeling when looking at pork/bacon - in any case I was a vegetarian for a long time too even as a Muslim, but I still eat halaal meat its just I can't get over it, which is strange because I drink alot.
     Reply #35 - May 13, 2009, 01:51 PM

There are many different textures and tastes of pork, depending which part of the pig you are eating. For example, Bacon is dark pink when cooked, whereas a Pork Chop is as white as chicken. First timers, I recommend Bernard Matthew's Turkey Ham. That's how my girlfriend got used to pork.

I'm not too big a fan when it comes to alcohol but by far the easiest to take is alcopops which are usually around 5% alcohol. They just taste like lemonade. The spirits are the hardest to take because they have the highest concentration of alcohol, usually always at 37.5% to 40% e.g. vodka, whiskey, rum.

Woah woah, white? dark pink?
    I'm still at the beginners stage.

I have the disgust still of a Muslim. I avoid pig and alcohol and i can't shake it off.

Reply #36 - May 13, 2009, 01:58 PM

Woah woah, white? dark pink?
    I'm still at the beginners stage.

I have the disgust still of a Muslim. I avoid pig and alcohol and i can't shake it off.

It takes time Wink I'm sure after a few months you will be shoving your face with sausages, downing vodka straight from the bottle whilst smoking a spliff Tongue
     Reply #37 - May 13, 2009, 02:02 PM

It takes time Wink I'm sure after a few months you will be shoving your face with sausages, downing vodka straight from the bottle whilst smoking a spliff Tongue

Indeed.
    Ask me again when i go Uni and my answer will be very different.

Reply #38 - May 13, 2009, 02:02 PM

Yes, its simply a process of refinement.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #39 - May 14, 2009, 12:11 PM

-
    But, yeah, it's great not to have to worry about silly little things like that and definitely presents new food to discover, only I have to make sure my family don't see!

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #40 - May 14, 2009, 12:21 PM

But, yeah, it's great not to have to worry about silly little things like that and definitely presents new food to discover, only I have to make sure my family don't see!

Lol same.
    I just take day trips and explore London. Camden is a great place to go to try food

All this talk of food is making me so hungry

Reply #41 - May 14, 2009, 12:28 PM

Lol same.
    I just take day trips and explore London. Camden is a great place to go to try food

All this talk of food is making me so hungry

Me too, which is why I am going to look for food now. Smiley

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #42 - May 14, 2009, 12:30 PM

Me too, which is why I am going to look for food now. Smiley

Read my mind.
    I have rice and chicken in the kitchen Smiley

Reply #43 - May 14, 2009, 12:58 PM

Lol, it's typically rice and chicken here, but I had minced meat and rice today! lol nice and full now.

Reply #44 - May 14, 2009, 01:04 PM

Lol, it's typically rice and chicken here, but I had minced meat and rice today! lol nice and full now.

Hehe, i wouldn't be African if i didn't have rice and chicken in the kitchen.

I'm eating some ice cream now, i'm such a fatso =D

Reply #45 - May 14, 2009, 09:51 PM

Can't believe there are people that don't like bacon ....
      stay away from the turkey ham though , it's disgusting . I tried giving it to my cats , one of them flipped her plate over and the other one hissed at me
     incidentally , KFC have converted several of their London branches to halal meat . Not sure what to think about that .
     Reply #46 - May 15, 2009, 01:17 AM

I don't eat McD's or KFC, the calories in the meals are too much lol  Cheesy

I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do it's nice to have the option of eating the "haram" items too.

How many of you used to check the E numbers in the ingredients of chocolates and sweets when you were a Muslimoon?

E471!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

What is E471?
     Reply #47 - May 15, 2009, 10:33 AM

I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do it's nice to have the option of eating the "haram" items too.

How many of you used to check the E numbers in the ingredients of chocolates and sweets when you were a Muslimoon?

E471!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

What is E471?

Lol, you didn't check the ingredients of absolutely everything OCD-style in the supermarket for E471?

I think it is the E number for animal rennet. Some things wouldn't be suitable for vegetarians so I would have to look in the ingredients to see why. If I couldn't find E471 then I would still buy it, unless I was doubtful.

I found out that there were many more haraam E-numbers but I never got round to writing a list and taking it with me whenever I needed to shop. It's long though seriously, it would have resulted in me saying a few times, "oh no I can't go shopping I havn't got my list on me!"

Reply #48 - May 15, 2009, 10:35 AM

I thought E numbers were just manufactured chemicals?

Probably the most common misconception about E-numbers.

Did you know that Gold has an E-number? E175

Reply #49 - May 15, 2009, 10:48 AM

I thought E numbers were just manufactured chemicals?

Probably the most common misconception about E-numbers.

Did you know that Gold has an E-number? E175

I've just been reading up on e-numbers. Turns out some are actually haram. How annoying for muslims.
     Reply #50 - May 15, 2009, 12:38 PM

What is E471?

Lol, you didn't check the ingredients of absolutely everything OCD-style in the supermarket for E471?

I think it is the E number for animal rennet. Some things wouldn't be suitable for vegetarians so I would have to look in the ingredients to see why. If I couldn't find E471 then I would still buy it, unless I was doubtful.

I found out that there were many more haraam E-numbers but I never got round to writing a list and taking it with me whenever I needed to shop. It's long though seriously, it would have resulted in me saying a few times, "oh no I can't go shopping I havn't got my list on me!"

I live in the States.  We don't have E-numbers here.
     Reply #51 - May 15, 2009, 12:54 PM

You list each and every chemical?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #52 - May 15, 2009, 02:49 PM

What is E471?

Ok. But you will have had to memorize alot of complicated names for things which are haraam.

I remember avoiding Goodfellas deep pan cheese and tomato because it had L-cysteine or something like that which has 2 sources: artificial and from animal/human hair. If it is extracted from human hair then it is haraam and if it is artificial or from animal hair then it is halaal, If I remember right.

Reply #53 - May 15, 2009, 02:51 PM

Also, I remember being confused about this yoghurt not being suitable for vegetarians. I couldn't find anything listed in the ingredients that looked anything like haraam so I rung the customer helpline up and they told me the colouring was extracted from BEETLES!!!  vomit  It is a red food colouring called "cochineal"

Reply #54 - May 15, 2009, 03:07 PM

What is E471?

Ok. But you will have had to memorize alot of complicated names for things which are haraam.

I remember avoiding Goodfellas deep pan cheese and tomato because it had L-cysteine or something like that which has 2 sources: artificial and from animal/human hair. If it is extracted from human hair then it is haraam and if it is artificial or from animal hair then it is halaal, If I remember right.

What's wrong with human hair?
     Reply #55 - May 15, 2009, 03:11 PM

What is E471?

What's wrong with human hair?

Not too sure. I can't remember who told me it was haraam if from human hair either.

Reply #56 - May 16, 2009, 09:23 PM

?!!!
    Which foodstuffs ( intentionally) contain human hair ?
     Reply #57 - May 17, 2009, 12:42 PM

Probably M&M's Grin

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #58 - May 17, 2009, 01:24 PM

?!!!
    Which foodstuffs contain human hair ?

Most of my aunties cooking, I think she is going through menopause though

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #59 - May 17, 2009, 10:57 PM

Can I recommend the chicken tikka Sub as Subway... cool2

I was beginning to get a bit bored of the tuna Sub.

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »