Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: As-Salaam Alaikum ?

(Read 25745 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • As-Salaam Alaikum ?
     OP - May 10, 2009, 01:11 AM

I have left Islam.  I wanted to put this tactfully into my introduction but, it has been moved into a part of the forum which can only be accessed through search.

I don't know what else to say, really.
  • Re: As-Salaam Alaikum ?
     Reply #1 - May 10, 2009, 01:19 AM

Hurrah for you! So, was it some kind of soul searching period or an all of a sudden decision?

Either way, happy that you are "free".                                                                               
     Reply #2 - May 10, 2009, 01:19 AM

Welcome!

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #3 - May 10, 2009, 01:20 AM

Ah. We thought you might. Your intro should still be accessible though. Hang on while I take a look.

ETA: Oh yeah, found it. The Great Database Stuff-up. I'll fix that soon.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - May 10, 2009, 01:20 AM

WiHeeeee.  party!

After seeing your earlier posts, it looks like you have gone full circle (like most of us), so you must have done a lot of thinking.  

I am really chuffed for you, and your journey will not end here.  You will probably have to take stock and reevaluate where you stand and explore new areas that you always wanted to do, but were forbidden by the religion.  

Do you think you were always a closet apostate, and what were the strongest arguments that led to your current stance?

Dont forget to keep us posted on you new life, with all of its trials & tribulations

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - May 10, 2009, 01:30 AM

Hey Goldie

Your earlier intro thread is probly in archives, but its okay we can retrieve it and put it back on the main forum. 

I'm glad you feel able to tell us about your decision to leave Islam.  Where do you stand now?  Do you believe in God, or are you in the atheist/agnostic camp?

Have you had a drink yet? cheers

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #6 - May 10, 2009, 01:37 AM

Thank you everybody for your kind words.

So, was it some kind of soul searching period or an all of a sudden decision?

I searched my soul for a long time, years I'm afraid I wasted in that searching.  In the end it was neither gradual nor sudden, it was just a facing up to a truth that I had known for a long time.

Reply #7 - May 10, 2009, 01:40 AM

Hey Goldie

Your earlier intro thread is probly in archives, but its okay we can retrieve it and put it back on the main forum.

I'd rather not. Wait for the merger. Really.

Anyway Goldie, are you feeling up or down or just sort of stunned about your new outlook on life?

Reply #8 - May 10, 2009, 01:43 AM

good question

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - May 10, 2009, 01:46 AM

In the end it was neither gradual nor sudden, it was just a facing up to a truth that I had known for a long time

Yep, that sounds familiar, Goldie - but at least we were able to face up to that truth - take that as a positive  Afro
     Reply #10 - May 10, 2009, 01:48 AM

WiHeeeee.  party!

After seeing your earlier posts, it looks like you have gone full circle (like most of us), so you must have done a lot of thinking. 

I am really chuffed for you, and your journey will not end here.  You will probably have to take stock and reevaluate where you stand and explore new areas that you always wanted to do, but were forbidden by the religion. 

Do you think you were always a closet apostate, and what were the strongest arguments that led to your current stance?

Dont forget to keep us posted on you new life, with all of its trials & tribulations

No I was never a closet apostate.  I honestly think that if Islam had not been so full of homophobia that I couldn't argue against, even when I met muslims who tried.  I think I could have stayed muslim, I do not really know. 
     Reply #11 - May 10, 2009, 01:58 AM

Hey Goldie

Anyway Goldie, are you feeling up or down or just sort of stunned about your new outlook on life?

I feel up.  Smiley

I did confide with another person by PM a few weeks ago that I had lost belief in Islam.  One of the things he asked was had I drank alcohol?  I have never drank any alcohol in my life, but tonight I had some wine with a meal, and I think that's why I have got over the embarrassment of admitting it.

It is embarrassing to me in hindsight.  Homosexuality is acceptable in Islam, I wish.  How embarrassing that I posted something so dishonest in your forum. 
     Reply #12 - May 10, 2009, 02:02 AM

Hey Goldie

I feel up.  Smiley

I did confide with another person by PM a few weeks ago that I had lost belief in Islam.  One of the things he asked was had I drank alcohol?  I have never drank any alcohol in my life, but tonight I had some wine with a meal, and I think that's why I have got over the embarrassment of admitting it.

It is embarrassing to me in hindsight.  Homosexuality is acceptable in Islam, I wish.  How embarrassing that I posted something so dishonest in your forum. 

Don't feel bad - on the contrary, you have much more strength than most Muslims who will never admit that their heart and mind contradict Islam.
     Reply #13 - May 10, 2009, 02:08 AM

What do you think of Allah now? Does he still exist? Do you feel confident in telling your muslim assosciates, or will you just drop off the face of the earth as far as they're concerned? Did you ever feel guilty for your sexuality? How do you feel now?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #14 - May 10, 2009, 02:12 AM

In the end it was neither gradual nor sudden, it was just a facing up to a truth that I had known for a long time

Yep, that sounds familiar, Goldie - but at least we were able to face up to that truth - take that as a positive  Afro

It is the truth, and I've watched your videos and felt that you were telling the truth when you spoke about how Islam was man made.  Its a terrible travesty that so many good people live their lives in obedience to something so pointless.
     Reply #15 - May 10, 2009, 02:19 AM

Hi Goldie!

As you might have realised, I'm not particularly fond of Islam, but it was also obvious to me that you were a good person pre Islam, & you remain the same good person post Islam. Smiley

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #16 - May 10, 2009, 02:19 AM

Hey Goldie

I feel up.  Smiley

Cool. Up is good, and a nice glass of plonk with dinner every so often is rather nice as well.

You'll get over it. At least you realised you were blithering. That's got to be good for your street cred.  grin12

Reply #17 - May 10, 2009, 02:21 AM

It is the truth, and I've watched your videos and felt that you were telling the truth when you spoke about how Islam was man made.  Its a terrible travesty that so many good people live their lives in obedience to something so pointless.

Indeed! And I have many loved ones still living their lives in obedience to things that are just man-made myths - yet if you tell them this they simply think you are evil - what can you do?
     Reply #18 - May 10, 2009, 02:22 AM

What do you think of Allah now? Does he still exist? Do you feel confident in telling your muslim assosciates, or will you just drop off the face of the earth as far as they're concerned? Did you ever feel guilty for your sexuality? How do you feel now?

My muslim associates as you so belittlingly call them, will accept me just the way I am.  I feel very good and centred now.  Allah?  I think if he exists he is not quite the Allah of my childhood.
     Reply #19 - May 10, 2009, 02:29 AM

I have left Islam.  I wanted to put this tactfully into my introduction but, it has been moved into a part of the forum which can only be accessed through search.

I don't know what else to say, really.

Congratulations.  I know you had some conflict before between the religion and some things in your life.  I hope you no longer feel those conflicts in your life. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #20 - May 10, 2009, 02:34 AM

My muslim associates as you so belittlingly call them, will accept me just the way I am.  I feel very good and centred now.  Allah?  I think if he exists he is not quite the Allah of my childhood.

I did not mean to be belittling, I meant to be inclusive of your friends and everyone else you knew Tongue

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #21 - May 10, 2009, 02:35 AM

Hi Goldie!

As you might have realised, I'm not particularly fond of Islam, but it was also obvious to me that you were a good person pre Islam, & you remain the same good person post Islam. Smiley

Thank you Rashna.  hugs

Reply #22 - May 10, 2009, 04:16 AM

Welcome Goldie to this side of the fence. I can relate to the feeling of wanting to have Islam be more accepting, more loving, more welcoming. I felt that way too... a long time ago. There's the heartbreak of facing the bitter truth that Islam (and religion in general) is all a man-made device, but there's also the exhilaration of freedom once you realize that you are free-er than you had been led to believe. I wish for you the best of energy in your journey ahead. I think you'll find this is just the beginning, not the end. Smiley

far away hug

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #23 - May 10, 2009, 07:20 PM

Congratulations Goldie Smiley I'm glad you are feeling up after your deconversion yes It's nice to hear the muslims in your life are accepting too.

Out of curiosity do you have a fear of hell for leaving Islam?
     Reply #24 - May 10, 2009, 07:22 PM

Congratulations Goldie, I know it wasn't easy but you honestly have made the right choice and come to the right conclusions.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #25 - May 10, 2009, 07:25 PM

Welcome Goldie to this side of the fence. As a queer person myself

I'm not having a go because you are choosing the word to describe yourself (my reaction would be different if a heterosexual used that word) , but why choose the word 'queer'.  Doesnt it imply that there is something odd or strange about your sexuality?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - May 10, 2009, 10:14 PM

I'm not having a go because you are choosing the word to describe yourself (my reaction would be different if a heterosexual used that word) , but why choose the word 'queer'.  Doesnt it imply that there is something odd or strange about your sexuality?

Dont they chant with the mantra: "we're here, we're queer?"

Maybe it's an ironic or sarcastic word, like when Aframs adopted the word "negro" for themselves.
     Reply #27 - May 10, 2009, 11:17 PM

Almost off topic, but since people are talking about "queerness"...
    As a heterosexual person, I find it improper to be labeled "straight". Especially since I have a twisted mind :S

As a corollary, people often assume I am homosexual because I don't show an apparent sexual behavior that's aligned with the norm

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #28 - May 11, 2009, 04:30 AM

Gay, bi and trans people use "queer" to describe themselves sometimes to (a) reclaim that word, and more importantly (b) because many of us find that the gender binary of male/female or gay/straight is not enough to describe the fluidity of sexuality. I use the word queer at times because I don't always feel comfortable using the word "bisexual" and yet I can't say I'm 100% homosexual either, so that leaves me with the option of using "gay" or "lesbian" when I am just not that easily definable. Sometimes, I do use the word lesbian and sometimes the word bisexual depending on the discussion and to make a point. But I also consider myself "queer" because the larger world does consider people like me, bi, poly, androgynous to be "odd" or "strange". "Bisexual" usually implies an equal divide or a heterosexual with homo tendencies. I'm more of a homosexual with hetero tendencies. I don't think they've come up with a word for that yet - a word that doesn't denigrate the reality of me into neat little boxes, that is.
     Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #29 - May 11, 2009, 08:31 AM

Gay, bi and trans people use "queer" to describe themselves sometimes to (a) reclaim that word, and more importantly (b) because many of us find that the gender binary of male/female or gay/straight is not enough to describe the fluidity of sexuality. I use the word queer at times because I don't always feel comfortable using the word "bisexual" and yet I can't say I'm 100% homosexual either, so that leaves me with the option of using "gay" or "lesbian" when I am just not that easily definable. Sometimes, I do use the word lesbian and sometimes the word bisexual depending on the discussion and to make a point. But I also consider myself "queer" because the larger world does consider people like me, bi, poly, androgynous to be "odd" or "strange". "Bisexual" usually implies an equal divide or a heterosexual with homo tendencies. I'm more of a homosexual with hetero tendencies. I don't think they've come up with a word for that yet - a word that doesn't denigrate the reality of me into neat little boxes, that is.
     Smiley

how about unbiased sexuality  Smiley  Its not odd to me, if anything it makes that most common sense out of all sexualities - why should possession of a penis make a difference as to who you love?  Particularly in a world where you find 'feminine qualities' in men & vice versa.  As the sexual divisions are now blurred. the physical possession of something in your biological make-up should in theory make little difference.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »