Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Youtube Channel Recommendations

(Read 24004 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Youtube Channel Recommendations
     Reply #30 - July 28, 2009, 05:14 AM

I wonder how this chart will differ in

i)10 yrs
    ii) 100 yrs
    iii) 10,0000 years time

Anyone like to hazard a guess?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - July 28, 2009, 05:18 AM

I reckon the non-believers will grow, mostly at the expense of Islam and  Christianity.  I don't know what will happen to the rest, but Judaism will probly grow given that Orthodox Jews have an average of something like 8 children per woman.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #32 - July 28, 2009, 05:25 AM

i) 10 years -  I think Islam will suffer losses to Christianity, as terrorrism rises

Another reason is because I think Islam grew because it has its finger on the pulse at the time. 

As cultures develop (as they are doing already) they will become more & more out of touch with Islam, and as Islam is the most inflexible religion, it will take the greatest casualities in the number of followers.  They will simply  turn to another religion/non-religion instead.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - July 28, 2009, 05:26 AM

I reckon the non-believers will grow, mostly at the expense of Islam and  Christianity.  I don't know what will happen to the rest, but Judaism will probly grow given that Orthodox Jews have an average of something like 8 children per woman.

Yeah, but Catholics and Muslims also have nearly that many children!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #34 - July 28, 2009, 05:30 AM

Both Catholic and muslim birth rates are falling though, and they're nowhere near the rate of 8 children per woman to begin with.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #35 - July 28, 2009, 05:32 AM

Both Catholic and muslim birth rates are falling though, and they're nowhere near the rate of 8 children per woman to begin with.

In the west. I'm pretty sure that they are not falling massively in places like Pakistan. I know of a bloke with 14 children in Pakistan! But to be fair, he is a one off.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #36 - July 28, 2009, 05:36 AM

It doesn't matter how many kids a bloke has, that has no bearing on demographics.  What counts is how many children per woman - I bet you that bloke's 14 kids weren't all from one wife. 

Reply #37 - July 28, 2009, 05:39 AM

They were actually! I should have pointed that out! In Pakistan though, I reckon the average family will have about 4 children. Even though less than a few years ago, it will still result in an increasing population.

Reply #38 - July 28, 2009, 05:45 AM

Pakistan has 4.12 births per woman, so yeah that guy's wife was unusual.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_fer_rat_tot_bir_per_wom-rate-total-births-per-woman

Like most other muslim countries listed, Pakistan's birth rate is on a downward trend.

Reply #39 - July 28, 2009, 05:46 AM

They were actually! I should have pointed that out! In Pakistan though, I reckon the average family will have about 4 children. Even though less than a few years ago, it will still result in an increasing population.

Take a ganders at this link.  Shit!   Looks like the irreligious & Western World is taking a battering, and the reverse is happening in the Islamic world & religious countries. Perhaps I should revise my next 10 year prediction?

http://www.pregnantpause.org/numbers/fertility.htm

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #40 - July 28, 2009, 05:53 AM

Eh?  I don't get why you're revising your prediction, or why you think the west is taking a battering.   Huh?

Reply #41 - July 28, 2009, 05:53 AM

Anyone know why Spain (which I thought was a family/kid loving country) average 1.3 and South Korea,  Hong Kong & Macau average about 1!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #42 - July 28, 2009, 05:57 AM

Eh?  I don't get why you're revising your prediction, or why you think the west is taking a battering.   Huh?

Because the green & blue areas are religious countries (mostly Muslim), and the red ones are Europe, Scandinavia & Russia

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #43 - July 28, 2009, 06:02 AM

Its way more complicated than that IsLame.  The downward trend is happening in many of the countries shown as green and blue, while the countries shown as red have mostly hit a plateau and started to rise.  Also, child mortality rates need to be taken into account.  Also, I have a few misgivings about their figures, because Ireland's figure looks wrong.  The Irish Republic is well known to be the only country in the EU with a birth rate above the replacement rate, and yet we're shown in red.   Huh?  (Possibly they've taken an overall average for the North and Republic together which would lower the average a bit).

Reply #44 - July 28, 2009, 06:11 AM

Its way more complicated than that IsLame.  The downward trend is happening in many of the countries shown as green and blue, while the countries shown as red have mostly hit a plateau and started to rise.  Also, child mortality rates need to be taken into account.  Also, I have a few misgivings about their figures, because Ireland's figure looks wrong.  The Irish Republic is well known to be the only country in the EU with a birth rate above the replacement rate, and yet we're shown in red.   Huh?  (Possibly they've taken an overall average for the North and Republic together which would lower the average a bit).

Its a short term prediction (over 10 years) so i am not sure whether the differences you mention will have a marked affect in the short term.  Also an upward trend/downward trend can also change in the meantime.  

However I do agree it is a simplification of the data, as it does not take mortality into account (a big factor in high birth rates) and assumes each child in the future will follow the ancestral religion.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #45 - July 28, 2009, 06:18 AM

The difference over the next ten years is that the gap will close slightly, so your original prediction sounds right.  As to longer term trends, I agree they're impossible to predict.

Reply #46 - July 28, 2009, 03:21 PM

This is just the first in a series - but if the rest are as good as this then it is definitely worth subscribing to.

You know I'm starting to think the edifice of religion is beginning to crumble. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgs_gsgn-MU
     Reply #47 - August 03, 2009, 01:18 PM

Here's the second in the series Psychology of Belief.  Surprising one this, I never would have guessed this as a reason for converting public conformity to peer pressure into private belief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkJc6c3nKMw

Here's the guy's channel if anyone wants to subscribe....

http://www.youtube.com/user/AntiCitizenX

Reply #48 - August 03, 2009, 01:38 PM

Thinking hard

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #49 - August 03, 2009, 02:54 PM

Here's the second in the series Psychology of Belief.  Surprising one this, I never would have guessed this as a reason for converting public conformity to peer pressure into private belief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkJc6c3nKMw

Here's the guy's channel if anyone wants to subscribe....

http://www.youtube.com/user/AntiCitizenX

Brilliant  Afro - and loved the music too lol
     Reply #50 - August 03, 2009, 04:54 PM

I'm hoping they put your own vids into context, Hassan.  You're a voice of dissent which throws a spanner in between peer pressure and insufficient justification, with obviously the risk that your channel also provides a platform for the terminally fuckwitted indoctrinated to bear witness/dawah etc for their delusions.

The superficial response to your vids,( ie you hater, you're such a hater, and your forum is .... oh so terribly hateful), is an acting out of those who don't have a dawah response to what you say, but they still have to preach for their corner somehow.  It was very comical to see exactly the same response from the equally deluded of different faiths to your vid about whether to stay silent or speak out.  It just provided more evidence, IMHO,  that religions are products of human psychological quirks, nothing to do with any supernatural creator of the Universe, (if there is even one).

Reply #51 - August 03, 2009, 05:12 PM

Well put  Afro

I'd like to think I'm making a difference.

I still find it odd that some really crap channels have thousands of subs and tens of thousands of views and I still get much less.

More than one commentator has said this:

EpochOfReason (1 day ago)   0    Reply | Spam
    | Remove | Block User
    Keep up the good work mate, i can't understand why you have so few subscribers and your video's so few views. Let's hope that picks up, great content. Wink

Reply #52 - August 06, 2009, 02:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lfmRqT-B_c

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #53 - August 06, 2009, 03:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWjtRFNSl2s

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #54 - August 11, 2009, 06:31 PM

Greybloke?

http://www.youtube.com/user/somegreybloke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq11_In9h6Q

See 1:23 of "What facebook is for"

"God is a geometer" - Plato

"God is addicted to arithmetic" - Sir James Jeans
     Reply #55 - December 06, 2009, 03:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyjNXdEGjO4

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #56 - December 06, 2009, 05:15 PM

This guy is great.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #57 - December 06, 2009, 05:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/journeymanpictures

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #58 - December 06, 2009, 05:37 PM

I also like that channel Kaffirist....

check this video..

http://www.youtube.com/user/journeymanpictures#p/u/96/C-a-I3GxQFQ

Skip to the last 20 minutes.  Their statements represent what is wrong with that fucking place and why they will never have peace. 

And seeing attitudes like that was part of what made me lose my faith in religion a long time ago.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #59 - December 06, 2009, 05:41 PM

If there's one group of people who I want to see wiped off the face of the earth as much as I do the Muslim fundamentalists... Jewish settlers are a very close runner up.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »