Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Absurd Doubts

(Read 45278 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 13« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Absurd Doubts
     Reply #360 - May 26, 2009, 09:25 AM

I'm sorry Hassan, but he badgers and then doesn't listen. If that changes, I will take him back off ignore.

*sigh*

Alright, it looks like were not going to get anywhere talking to Shaneequa.

Can somebody tell me where this reply that I apparently don't listen to is situated? If anybody needs help, I'm talking about the reply to these questions:

1. When I send somebody to deceive somebody, have I done something morally wrong?
    2. When I deceive somebody who wants to be deceived, have I done something morally wrong?
    3. What is your justification to judge the Qur'anic Allah, and yet maintain that it is not right to judge the Biblical God? And if it isn't right to judge the Biblical God, how did you become a Christian since you must have critically assessed the Bible before you concluded that Christianity was the correct religion?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #361 - May 26, 2009, 03:44 PM

I'm sure God can let go of a few pens and lost library books.  Wink

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #362 - May 26, 2009, 04:25 PM

I try my best not to walk away with pens...and when I smoked, it was the same with lighters.

You stole peoples pens & lighters - why?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #363 - May 26, 2009, 10:43 PM

I try my best not to walk away with pens...and when I smoked, it was the same with lighters.

You stole peoples pens & lighters - why?

I don't have to worry about lighters nows....but pens is another thing. I really need to pay attention whenever I write a check...and remind myself I am holding someone else's pen. Sometimes when walking out the store, I realize I still have the pen and then walk back to the counter and give it back.

Now there're still some books to return.
     Reply #364 - May 26, 2009, 10:46 PM

Thank you. Your post made me smile. It's not that God needs these things....but any sin, no matter the size, is a sin against God.
     Reply #365 - May 27, 2009, 03:33 AM

Thank you. Your post made me smile. It's not that God needs these things....but any sin, no matter the size, is a sin against God.

It's kinda like being born into debt. Then everything you do incurs more debt. With God as the greedy debt collector.
     Reply #366 - May 27, 2009, 08:29 AM

It's kinda like being born into debt. Then everything you do incurs more debt. With God as the greedy debt collector.

Haha! God is a Tax-Man! I should write a song called that.

Reply #367 - May 27, 2009, 08:11 PM

Quote from: Shaneequa
    I am in favour of all the commandments, and if I have broken any, please let me know. The first commandment is the hardest...but the eighth commandment is "Ex:20:15: Thou shalt not steal. " Sometimes I do that without meaning to....but it is still a sin. I try my best not to walk away with pens...and when I smoked, it was the same with lighters.

There are some books I have not returned...

Oh no....the more I think of it, the more I need to repent of the eighth commandment....and probably some some others as well.

Oh dear.  I meant to ask you about the Ninth Commandment - the one about bearing false witness.   Embarrassed

At least I reminded you to return your library books.   Smiley 

Anyway, how do you understand that Commandment?  Does it ban lying under all circumstances, or are there qualifications, and if so what are they?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #368 - May 27, 2009, 08:28 PM

I am in favour of all the commandments, and if I have broken any, please let me know. The first commandment is the hardest...but the eighth commandment is "Ex:20:15: Thou shalt not steal. " Sometimes I do that without meaning to....but it is still a sin. I try my best not to walk away with pens...and when I smoked, it was the same with lighters.

Oh no....the more I think of it, the more I need to repent of the eighth commandment....and probably some some others as well.

Oh dear.  I meant to ask you about the Ninth Commandment - the one about bearing false witness.   Embarrassed

Anyway, how do you understand that Commandment?  Does it ban lying under all circumstances, or are there qualifications, and if so what are they?

That's a hard question, seeing as I think you have an example in mind...such as Rahab hiding the Jews then saying she did not have any Jews in her house...
     Reply #369 - May 27, 2009, 08:29 PM

That's a hard question, seeing as I think you have an example in mind...such as Rahab hiding the Jews then saying she did not have any Jews in her house...

So what is the answer?

Reply #370 - May 27, 2009, 08:50 PM

No, its not a trick question, I'm just interested in your interpretation of it.  Obviously you think there are qualifications to it - I'd be interested to know what they are?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #371 - May 27, 2009, 09:26 PM

No, its not a trick question, I'm just interested in your interpretation of it.  Obviously you think there are qualifications to it - I'd be interested to know what they are?

It's still a sin to lie....but if it is to save lives, as in what Rahab did, it is forgivable. Then there are other kinds of lies. I've caught myself giving the shortest explanation when the truth is a much longer explanation than the questioner would want to know. It's like when people say "fine" when asked "how are you?"

Or I have retold how something happened...then realized later that wasn't exactly how it happened...I left out a detail, got the time or order wrong.

Both the last two examples did not hurt anybody, but it is still a sin against God...and then I need to repent and confess to Jesus.

Now, if someone's character has been misrepresented, I would also have to do all I can to fix it, by letting everyone know I misquoted (and therefore lied) and apologize to the person directly. As far as I know, I haven't done that....but if I were to have done that, it would be a sin.

Reply #372 - June 17, 2009, 05:17 PM

Come on, you know what I mean.

Scientists are more trusted to you than any Prophet or holy man.

Right?

No. Scientists are fallible. Just like any man.

Science is a method of seeking factual truth about nature. It is a self correcting, tentative process of continuous refinement and it is the best - dare I say the only - way man has to discover the workings of reality.

Everytime "science" (which is falsely called so), "discovers" something new, evolutionists have to go back and change some parts of one of their theories. Amazingly enough, no scientific discovery has ever caused Biblical creationists to have to change their stand.
     Reply #373 - August 10, 2009, 03:37 PM

Dont you think its better to presume innocence until proven guility.

You are on a path of cruelty, Cheetah.

Yesterday, angel Gabriel appeared in my cupboard and told me that he was sent by the Flying spaggetti monster whom all should worship and to not do evil, to avoid being tortured by a twelve headed demon named dexter in the afterlife.

"God is a geometer" - Plato

"God is addicted to arithmetic" - Sir James Jeans
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 13« Previous thread | Next thread »