Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs

(Read 122442 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
     Reply #60 - September 15, 2009, 12:25 PM

Depends. For instance it's quite normal for women of all ages to refer to themselves and other women as "girls" even though technically it is incorrect. In English the word "immature' does not necessarily refer to age either. It can refer to personality traits.

But immature followed by age usually does mean very young!

Would you call a 25 year old wife a "woman of immature age" & she say that "she was "still a young girl"?

If 9 year old brides were frequent, a 14 year old would be equivalent at least to a 25 year old in today's time!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #61 - September 15, 2009, 12:26 PM

If the woman using that description is forty or fifty years old then she may very well use those words to describe an eighteen year old.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #62 - September 15, 2009, 02:16 PM

Rashna may have a point. I don't know how much we can really comment on this topic as not much is known about the Jahiliya. The stuff about men marrying dozens of wives are certainly not true. I wonder if any historian has looked into child marriages in the Jahiliya. I'm sure it was still acceptable though regardless of how common/uncommon it may have been. Considering the history of child marriage I wouldn't be surprised if they were common though.

I don't agree that you cant call child brides 'immature' though even if they are common. Kid's will always be referred to as immature regardless of marital status.
     Reply #63 - September 15, 2009, 02:25 PM

Will that still be called "immature age"? Also, will such irresponsible behavior of sleeping & letting food of the house being eaten by goats be tolerated from a 24 year old wife & will people still treat it as the mistakes of a child?

It's unbelievable isn't it? And by goats no less???!! When will those idiots stop making excuses for people like this? Mistakes of a child, my Aunt Sally!

PS - Does anybody agree that footballers get paid far too much these days? I think it's disgusting, and like the above, an example of a world gone mad!

Mr J Torrance,
    Tunbridge Wells

Ha Ha.
     Reply #64 - September 15, 2009, 02:33 PM

It makes no difference if you have kids, you can become impotent later in life.
     Reply #65 - September 15, 2009, 03:30 PM

It makes no difference if you have kids, you can become impotent later in life.

true say

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #66 - September 15, 2009, 03:43 PM

Rashna may have a point. I don't know how much we can really comment on this topic as not much is known about the Jahiliya. The stuff about men marrying dozens of wives are certainly not true. I wonder if any historian has looked into child marriages in the Jahiliya. I'm sure it was still acceptable though regardless of how common/uncommon it may have been. Considering the history of child marriage I wouldn't be surprised if they were common though.

I don't agree that you cant call child brides 'immature' though even if they are common. Kid's will always be referred to as immature regardless of marital status.

Well, in case of child brides, even a few years makes loads of difference!

There well might have been child brides, but were they as young as 9?

They might be at least 12, that makes a hell lot of difference when one is young!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #67 - September 15, 2009, 03:45 PM

You need something to back yours points up Rashna. There was someone else in the hadith who got married to someone who was extremely young, although as I remember the parents did not want that marriage to go ahead.
     Reply #68 - September 15, 2009, 03:50 PM

You need something to back yours points up Rashna. There was someone else in the hadith who got married to someone who was extremely young, although as I remember the parents did not want that marriage to go ahead.

I guess you're right. I thought Buraira's statement was some evidence, maybe its not.

Reply #69 - September 15, 2009, 07:34 PM

The belief that they were kafirs is one taught by the Salafis, but not part of orthodox sunnism.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=857&CATE=1

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/parents.htm

[this space for rent]
     Reply #70 - September 15, 2009, 07:53 PM

The belief that they were kafirs is one taught by the Salafis, but not part of orthodox sunnism.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=857&CATE=1

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/parents.htm

I guess Salafis travelled by time machine to 8th century & wrote these hadiths in Sahih Muslim as well, eh fading?  grin12

These are unfortunately for you Sahih hadiths!

Reply #71 - September 15, 2009, 08:40 PM

Look at why Sura 4:128 was revealed! So that wife can abandon her rights to save the marriage!   finmad

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 630:
    Narrated Aisha:
    Regarding the explanation of the following verse:-- "If a wife fears Cruelty or desertion On her husband's part." (4.128) A man may dislike his wife and intend to divorce her, so she says to him, "I give up my rights, so do not divorce me." The above verse was revealed concerning such a case.

Quran 004.128
    YUSUFALI: If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
    PICKTHAL: If a woman feareth ill treatment from her husband, or desertion, it is no sin for them twain if they make terms of peace between themselves. Peace is better. But greed hath been made present in the minds (of men). If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Informed of what ye do.
    SHAKIR: And if a woman fears ill usage or desertion on the part of her husband, there is no blame on them, if they effect a reconciliation between them, and reconciliation is better, and avarice has been made to be present in the (people's) minds; and if you do good (to others) and guard (against evil), then surely Allah is aware of what you do.

Reply #72 - September 15, 2009, 09:01 PM

How the hell does an amicable settlement translate into giving up her rights? That's not a settlement that's a complete concession from her.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #73 - September 15, 2009, 09:54 PM

Sauda gave up her nights in order to stop Mo from divorcing her.
     Reply #74 - September 16, 2009, 02:41 AM

Somehow I always got the feeling that Sawdah was more than happy to give up her night, and that they weren't even having sex  at that point.  I wonder if he was really having sex with more than two of them and if it was on a regular basis, but it's kind of pointless to wonder, I guess.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #75 - September 16, 2009, 07:33 PM

OK, here it is..

Quite a thought-provoking account for why you left Islam. It seems to me there are a lot of controversial hadiths, a lot of which I never even knew existed - damn!

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #76 - September 16, 2009, 11:00 PM

That was out of date and had a few errors, the latest is attached to my signature below, along with my youtube videos that are based on them..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #77 - September 29, 2009, 10:10 AM

Mo can write
    Sahih al Bukhari, Volume 9 hadith number 468 and Volume 7 hadith 573
    When the time of the death of the Prophet approached while there were some men in the house, and among them was 'Umar Ibn al-Khattab, the Prophet said: "Come near let me write for you a writing after which you will never go astray." 'Umar said: "The Prophet is seriously ill, and you have the Qur'an, so Allah's Book is sufficient for us." The people in the house differed and disputed. Some of them said, "Come near so that Allah's Apostle may write for you a writing after which you will not go astray," while the others said what 'Umar said. When they made much noise and quarreled greatly in front of the Prophet, he said to them, "Go away and leave me." Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was a great disaster that their quarrel and noise prevented Allah's Apostle from writing a statement for them.

Women can only fast with husbands permission, she should also not admit any mahrams in the house without her husbands permission
    The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: No woman should observe fast when her spouse is present (in the house) but with his permission. And she should not admit any (mahram) in his house, while he (her husband) is present, but with his permission. And whatever she spends from his earnings without his sanction, for him is half the reward. (Book #005, Hadith #2238)

Evil in women
    Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If one of you marries a woman or buys a slave, he should say: "O Allah, I ask Thee for the good in her, and in the disposition Thou hast given her; I take refuge in Thee from the evil in her, and in the disposition Thou hast given her." When he buys a camel, he should take hold of the top of its hump and say the same kind of thing. (Book #11, Hadith #2155)

Forced marriage and forced divorce
    Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: A woman embraced Islam during the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him); she then married. Her (former) husband then came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah, I have already embraced Islam, and she had the knowledge about my Islam. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) took her away from her latter husband and restored her to her former husband. (Book #12, Hadith #2231)

Cross-dressing, mannish women
    Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) cursed the man who dressed like a woman and the woman who dressed like a man. (Book #32, Hadith #4087)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Ibn AbuMulaykah told that when someone remarked to Aisha that a woman was wearing sandals, she replied: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) cursed mannish women. (Book #32, Hadith #4088)

Notes on Jihad:
    http://salafiyyah-jadeedah.tripod.com/Qital/Notes_on_Jihad.htm

Lying in the cause of Islam
    Bukhari (52:269) ? ?The Prophet said, ?War is deceit.??

Another quote from the Hadith is Bukhari (52:270) in which Muhammad sanctions the use of lies in order to assassinate the poet Ka?b bin al-Ashraf.
    Volume 4, Book 52, Number 270:
    Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him.

"Allah does not call you to account for what is vain in your oaths, but He will call you to account for what your hearts have earned" Sura (2:225)

"YUSUFALI: Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.
    PICKTHAL: Allah hath made lawful for you (Muslims) absolution from your oaths (of such a kind), and Allah is your Protector. He is the Knower, the Wise.
    SHAKIR: Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise." Sura (66:2)

Golden rule
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/BrianMacker51014.htm
    In other religions- http://www.religioustolerance.org/reciproc.htm

Suicide
    Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445:
    Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak:
    The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever intentionally swears falsely by a religion other than Islam, then he is what he has said, (e.g. if he says, 'If such thing is not true then I am a Jew,' he is really a Jew). And whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire." Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."

People are judges for heaven/hell
    Volume 2, Book 23, Number 448:
    Narrated Anas bin Malik, :
    A funeral procession passed and the people praised the deceased. The Prophet said, "It has been affirmed to him." Then another funeral procession passed and the people spoke badly of the deceased. The Prophet said, "It has been affirmed to him". 'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked (Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) ), "What has been affirmed?" He replied, "You praised this, so Paradise has been affirmed to him; and you spoke badly of this, so Hell has been affirmed to him. You people are Allah's witnesses on earth."

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 449:
    Narrated Abu Al-Aswad:
    I came to Medina when an epidemic had broken out. While I was sitting with 'Umar bin Al-Khattab a funeral procession passed by and the people praised the deceased. 'Umar said, "It has been affirmed to him." And another funeral procession passed by and the people praised the deceased. 'Umar said, "It has been affirmed to him." A third (funeral procession) passed by and the people spoke badly of the deceased. He said, "It has been affirmed to him." I (Abu Al-Aswad) asked, "O chief of the believers! What has been affirmed?" He replied, "I said the same as the Prophet had said, that is: if four persons testify the piety of a Muslim, Allah will grant him Paradise." We asked, "If three persons testify his piety?" He (the Prophet) replied, "Even three." Then we asked, "If two?" He replied, "Even two." We did not ask him regarding one witness.

Attacking women and children (pagans)
    SB Volume 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 256.
    Narated By As-Sab bin Jaththama : The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "THEY (i.e. women and children) ARE FROM THEM (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle."

SM Book 019, Hadith Number 4321.
    Chapter : Permissibility of killing women and children in the night raids, provided it is not deliberate.
    It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: THEY ARE FROM THEM.

Imam Ibn Hajar Al Asaqalani says in Fath Al- Baari that the point is not to target the women and children intentionally but if there is absolutely no other way to kill the enemy than by injuring the women and children because they are mixed with the men then there is no other choice. (Source: http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=0&Rec=4747)

Another possibility is that the hadith has been abrogated and that even if women and children accompany the enemy during war then they still should not be killed. (See http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=0&Rec=4747 for the evidence)

Imam Nawawi says in his tafseer of Saheeh Muslim that women and children are only killed only if they cannot be distinguished. But because it was so dark and they could not be distinguished, the Muslims had not choice. (Source: http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=1&Rec=4215)

The tafseer of Abu Dawud says the same thing here (Source: http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=4&Rec=3291)

Adultery
    Sahih Bukhari 3:49:860
    Narrated Abu Huraira and Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani: A bedouin came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's apostle! I ask you by Allah to judge My case according to Allah's Laws." His opponent, who was more learned than he, said, "Yes, judge between us according to Allah's Laws, and allow me to speak." Allah's Apostle said, "Speak." He (i .e. the bedouin or the other man) said, "My son was working as a laborer for this (man) and he committed illegal sexual intercourse with his wife. The people told me that it was obligatory that my son should be stoned to death, so in lieu of that I ransomed my son by paying one hundred sheep and a slave girl. Then I asked the religious scholars about it, and they informed me that my son must be lashed one hundred lashes, and be exiled for one year, and the wife of this (man) must be stoned to death." Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, I will judge between you according to Allah's Laws. The slave-girl and the sheep are to be returned to you, your son is to receive a hundred lashes and be exiled for one year. You, Unais, go to the wife of this (man) and if she confesses her guilt, stone her to death." Unais went to that woman next morning and she confessed. Allah's Apostle ordered that she be stoned to death.

Sahih Bukhari 7:63:195
    Narrated Abu Huraira: A man from Bani Aslam came to Allah's Apostle while he was in the mosque and called (the Prophet ) saying, "O Allah's Apostle! I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." On that the Prophet turned his face from him to the other side, whereupon the man moved to the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face (from him) to the other side whereupon the man moved to the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and repeated his statement. The Prophet turned his face (from him) to the other side again. The man moved again (and repeated his statement) for the fourth time. So when the man had given witness four times against himself, the Prophet called him and said, "Are you insane?" He replied, "No." The Prophet then said (to his companions), "Go and stone him to death." The man was a married one. Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari said: I was one of those who stoned him. We stoned him at the Musalla ('Id praying place) in Medina. When the stones hit him with their sharp edges, he fled, but we caught him at Al-Harra and stoned him till he died.

Insulting Mohammed
    Sunan Abu Dawud
    Book 38, Number 4349:
    Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:
    A Jewess used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. A man strangled her till she died. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) declared that no recompense was payable for her blood.

Abu Dawud
    Book 38, Number 4348:
    Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:
    A blind man had a slave who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.
      He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.
      He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.
      Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.

Giving up rights in marriage (wife)
    Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 630:
    Narrated Aisha:
    Regarding the explanation of the following verse:-- "If a wife fears Cruelty or desertion On her husband's part." (4.128) A man may dislike his wife and intend to divorce her, so she says to him, "I give up my rights, so do not divorce me." The above verse was revealed concerning such a case.

Veil
    Tafseer by Ibn Abbas:
    (O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them) to cover their necks and bosoms ((when they go abroad). That will be better, that so they may be recognised) as free women (and not annoyed) and not be harmed by the fornicators. (Allah is ever Forgiving) He forgives what they have done in the past, (Merciful) He shows mercy on them regarding that which they will do in the future.

Another one by al-Jalalayn:
    O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks closely over themselves (jalābīb is the plural of jilbāb, which is a wrap that covers a woman totally) ? in other words, let them pull part of it [also] over their faces, leaving one eye [visible], when they need to leave [the house] for something. That makes it likelier that they will be known, to be free women, and not be molested, by being approached. In contrast, slavegirls did not use to cover their faces and so the disbelievers used to pester them. And God is Forgiving, of any occasion in the past when they may have neglected to cover themselves, Merciful, to them in His veiling them.

Inferiority of women
    Sahih Bukhari
    Volume 4, Book 55, Number 643:
    Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari:
    The Prophet said, "The superiority of 'Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh."
     Reply #78 - December 21, 2009, 02:55 PM

I love the hadith. When reading, it's easier to point out what isn't offensive. The Quran can often be interpreted to mask the more insane stuff, but the hadith says some outright barbaric shit.

Good work.
     Reply #79 - January 09, 2010, 11:20 PM

Expelling everyone but muslims from the Arabian Peninsula

Narrated Said bin Jubair: Ibn 'Abbas said, "Thursday! What (great thing) took place on Thursday!" Then he started weeping till his tears wetted the gravels of the ground . Then he said, "On Thursday the illness of Allah's Apostle was aggravated and he said, "Fetch me writing materials so that I may have something written to you after which you will never go astray." The people (present there) differed in this matter and people should not differ before a prophet. They said, "Allah's Apostle is seriously sick.' The Prophet said, "Let me alone, as the state in which I am now, is better than what you are calling me for." The Prophet on his death-bed, gave three orders saying, "Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, respect and give gifts to the foreign delegates as you have seen me dealing with them." I forgot the third (order)" (Ya'qub bin Muhammad said, "I asked Al-Mughira bin 'Abdur-Rahman about the Arabian Peninsula and he said, 'It comprises Mecca, Medina, Al-Yama-ma and Yemen." Ya'qub added, "And Al-Arj, the beginning of Tihama.") - Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 288

It has been narrated by 'Umar b. al-Khattib that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim. - Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4366
     Reply #80 - January 27, 2010, 11:05 AM

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 558:
    Narrated Aisha:
    Allahs Apostle heard a man reciting the Quran at night, and said, May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such-and-such Suras, which I was caused to forget.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #81 - January 27, 2010, 12:09 PM

lol yeah I love that one
     Reply #82 - January 27, 2010, 12:10 PM

Qur'an 4:65
    But nay, by thy Lord, they will not believe (in truth) until they make thee judge of what is in dispute between them and find within themselves no dislike of that which thou decidest, and submit with full submission.

Qur'an 4:65
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair
    An Ansari man quarrelled with Az-Zubair in the presence of the Prophet about the Harra Canals which were used for irrigating the date-palms. The Ansari man said to Az-Zubair, "Let the water pass' but Az-Zubair refused to do so. So, the case was brought before the Prophet who said to Az-Zubair, "O Zubair! Irrigate (your land) and then let the water pass to your neighbor." On that the Ansari got angry and said to the Prophet, "Is it because he (i.e. Zubair) is your aunt's son?" On that the color of the face of Allah's Apostle changed (because of anger) and he said, "O Zubair! Irrigate (your land) and then withhold the water till it reaches the walls between the pits round the trees." Zubair said, "By Allah, I think that the following verse was revealed on this occasion": "But no, by your Lord They can have No faith Until they make you judge In all disputes between them." (4.65)
    Sahih Bukhari 3:40:548, See also: Sahih Bukhari 3:40:549, Sahih Bukhari 3:40:550, Sahih Bukhari 3:49:871 & Sahih Bukhari 6:60:109
     Reply #83 - January 27, 2010, 12:10 PM

4:43
    O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed. And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.
    Qur'an 4:43

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab

When the prohibition of wine (was yet to be) declared, Umar said: O Allah, give us a satisfactory explanation about wine.

So the following verse of Surat al-Baqarah revealed; "They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: In them is great sin...." Umar was then called and it was recited to him.

He said: O Allah, give us a satisfactory explanation about wine.

Then the following verse of Surat an-Nisa' was revealed: "O ye who believe! approach not prayers with a mind befogged...." Thereafter the herald of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would call when the (congregational) prayer was performed: Beware, one who is drunk should not come to prayer. Umar was again called and it was recited to him).
    He said: O Allah, give us a satisfactory explanation about wine. This verse was revealed: "Will ye not then abstain?" Umar said: We abstained.
     Reply #84 - January 27, 2010, 12:57 PM

4:24
    And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.

Qur'an 4:24
    Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah her pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hanain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace te upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (iv. 24)" (i. e. they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).
    Sahih Muslim 8:3432, See also: Sahih Muslim 8:3433
     Reply #85 - January 27, 2010, 01:11 PM

Love the verses and relevant hadiths BD! I would recommend that you try and include the name of the translator for the Quran verses too so people are able to check the source Afro
     Reply #86 - January 27, 2010, 01:14 PM

Ah crap, I have no idea, I think its Shakir. They are from here:

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Revelational_Circumstances_of_the_Qur%27an
     Reply #87 - January 27, 2010, 06:54 PM

I had a look, it seems to be the Pickthal translation. Here's the source: http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/
     Reply #88 - January 27, 2010, 07:22 PM

Argh what a noob mistake, yes of course you might very well be right.
     Reply #89 - January 27, 2010, 07:38 PM

you sure you didnt write the quran?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »