Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs

(Read 122623 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
     Reply #150 - October 22, 2010, 09:08 PM

I see. So he did not mean playful in the sense of Bollywood love story style playful?
     Reply #151 - October 28, 2010, 10:48 AM

'We the prophets are required to eat our morning food later than others and hurry in breaking our fast in the evening.'  -Tabaqat, Volume 1, page 369

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #152 - October 28, 2010, 10:49 AM

can I have a link to that please? I wanna read as well. And what is Tabaqat? Means levels in arabic.
     Reply #153 - October 28, 2010, 10:52 AM

I read it in this book on p99 http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=12972.msg360328#msg360328

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #154 - November 04, 2010, 01:40 PM

Another silly Hadith involving urine:  Cheesy

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Himas from his paternal uncle from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Madina will be left in the best way that it is until a dog or wolf enters it and urinates on one of the pillars of the mosque or on the mimbar." They asked, "Messenger of Allah! Who will have the fruit at that time?" He replied, "Animals seeking food, birds and wild beasts."  (Book #45, Hadith #45.2.8 )

Source: http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=45&translator=4&start=0&number=45.2.8#45.2.8

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #155 - December 14, 2010, 07:47 PM

he saw AbuRafi' the freed slave of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), passing by Hasan ibn Ali (Allah be pleased with them) when he was standing offering his prayer. He had tied the back knot of his hair. AbuRafi' untied it. Hasan turned to ...him with anger, AbuRafi' said to him: Concentrate on your prayer and do not be angry: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: This is the seat of the devil, referring to the back knot of the hair.

- Sunan Abu-Dawud (Book #2, Hadith #0646)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #156 - February 01, 2011, 09:29 AM

Ibn 'Abbas reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The influence of an evil eye is a fact; if anything would precede the destiny it would be the influence of an evil eye, and when you are asked to take bath (as a cure) from the influence of an evil eye, you should take bath.
    :Sahih Muslim Book 026, Number 5427

Anyone know what this evil eye is referring to?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #157 - February 01, 2011, 09:46 AM

hmm i am not quite sure IsLame what Ibn' Abbas and Mohamed were really thinking when talking about the evil eye, but according to our Ottoman traditions, the evil eye is the eye of anyone that is jealous in you, your house, kid, business etc etc... This jealousy effects the object upon which it is directed and the object/person suffers... Like If you have a boy you must guard him from the evil eye or else he could die... How do you protect your possessions and loved ones from the evil eye?? with the blue eye (evil eye charm)Cheesy...

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #158 - February 08, 2011, 09:42 AM

Sahih Muslim Book 38, Number 4349:
    Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

A Jewess used to abuse the Prophet and disparage him. A man strangled her till she died. The Apostle of Allah  declared that no recompense was payable for her blood.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #159 - February 15, 2011, 08:12 PM

many cultures have this idea of an evil eye. yet another superstition copied by Mr. PBUH

I shouldn't be here. Really. Shaytan SWT deluded ALL of us. Amen.
     Reply #160 - May 06, 2011, 05:44 PM

Sahih-Muslim Book 008, Number 3371:

Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.
    ===
    (different varient in Bukhari)
    Sahih-Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 34, Number 432: Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
    that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence. /same shit, different hadith

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #161 - May 08, 2011, 09:44 PM

This hadith took me by surprise,  I cant imagine Prophet Muhammed being a wine snob

Bukhari 7:69:486:

"Safiyah went berserk when she saw Prophet celebrating with buddies near her husband’s decapitated body. She attacked him cursing loudly. .

Prophet’s drinking utensil slipped from his hand spilling his favourite wine.."

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #162 - May 12, 2011, 09:03 PM

The Prophet said that the best man amongst his followers is the one who has the greatest number of wives (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:52).

The Holy Prophet asked, “ Who will buy this slave from me?” Hazrat Naeem bought him for 800 Darham (Bukhari, Kitabul Ikrah p.669).

The sun rises between the two antlers of Satan (Bukhari 2:134).

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #163 - May 14, 2011, 09:39 PM

I thought the only miracles muhammed performed were the moon-slicing exercise, and his journey on a flying donkey to retrieve the Quranic surahs?

Sahih Bukakke Volume 4, Book 52, Number 192:
    Someone informed him that he was suffering from eye-trouble. So, he ordered them to bring 'Ali in front of him. Then the Prophet spat in his eyes and his eye

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #164 - May 14, 2011, 10:44 PM

The Prophet said that the best man amongst his followers is the one who has the greatest number of wives (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:52).

I can't find that hadith.  Where is it over here?... http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/062.sbt.html

Reply #165 - May 15, 2011, 12:05 AM

dunno, i picked it up from another exmuslim

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #166 - May 15, 2011, 04:29 AM

its on the same page, 7-62-7

and many others...
     Reply #167 - May 15, 2011, 04:32 AM

Also remember, there are many hadiths that did not made it to usc, so numbering can be incorrect. Sometimes if we quote hadiths as well, we make typo as well..

and many others...
     Reply #168 - May 16, 2011, 08:46 AM

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #169 - May 24, 2011, 08:59 AM

Sahih Bukhari Vol. 5, Book 58, Number 199
    Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman:
    "I asked Masruq, 'Who informed the Prophet about the Jinns at the night when they heard the Qur'an?' He said, 'Your father 'Abdullah informed me that a tree informed the Prophet about them.' "

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #170 - May 24, 2011, 12:49 PM

What Muhammed a Tranny or a Cross-dresser?

“Do not hurt me with Aisha, for the inspiration did not come upon me when I was IN A WOMAN’S GARMENT (fee thawb imra’ah) EXCEPT THAT OF AISHA.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Number 2393)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #171 - June 02, 2011, 02:17 PM

Sex for a cloak!

Sahih Muslim :: Book 8 : Hadith 3252

Sabra Juhanni reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #172 - June 02, 2011, 02:51 PM

"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle was presented a bowl of milk and a bowl of wine on the night he was taken on a journey." -Sahih Bukhari 7:69:508

I dunno why Muslims are so hung up on things like having the occasional drink. It's sunnah, by technicality.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #173 - June 02, 2011, 03:08 PM

^that probably happened before alcohol was made haram.
     Reply #174 - June 02, 2011, 03:31 PM

If that was the case, someone would have made the necessary edits to make that clear or not included the narration at all.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #175 - June 02, 2011, 03:40 PM

I don't think it was done like that. Does anyone know?
     Reply #176 - June 02, 2011, 09:59 PM

Sahih Muslim 19:4366:

It has been narrated by 'Umar b. al-Khattib that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #177 - June 03, 2011, 11:41 PM

Aisha said to the Prophet ,“Ah! My head is bursting.”
    He said, “I wish it did.”
    Aisha responded: “You want me to die so that you can spend the next night with another wife”
    (Bukhari, Book of Medicine, vol.3)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #178 - June 03, 2011, 11:49 PM

Aisha said to the Prophet ,“Ah! My head is bursting.”
    He said, “I wish it did.”
    Aisha responded: “You want me to die so that you can spend the next night with another wife”
    (Bukhari, Book of Medicine, vol.3)

WHAAAAT??? Is that for real?! Wow...

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #179 - June 04, 2011, 12:05 AM

Yet another baffling scenario to make you wonder how anyone could allow this bullshit into their lives, let alone how it could continue to spread like cancer for over a millennium.

Muhammad Ali
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »