Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why are some Muslims so stubborn?

(Read 17552 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Why are some Muslims so stubborn?
     Reply #60 - May 07, 2009, 07:30 PM

I agree, but after consdering both sides, and accepting both sides, I still prefer to enjoy the brighter side.  Wink

Of course, it is much healthier to focus on the positive in day to day life and when speaking to inspire or motivate.  yes

My point was just that to truly choose the "good" we must first respect that the "bad" is as much a part of us as the "good". Your choice to focus on the good and the constructive (also my choice Smiley ) is a demonstration of the better sides of us. Too many people think they don't have choices, and operate out of knee jerk reactions and live entire lives on autopilot. Awareness and acceptance of our complex nature usually leads people to choose to live more in harmony with nature and other humans. This can only be achieved individually. Only once enough of us change individually to take responsibility for our choices can humanity as a species be changed.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #61 - May 07, 2009, 07:31 PM

I suppose this reply is better late than never.
    Berbs hit the nail on the head with 13 yrs old. If you leave before the age of majority, 18, your parents can report you missing, to the police. BUT, having found you, they  cannot take you back if you are over 13 and you don't want. They are obliged to tell your parents you're OK but, if you don't want, they cannot tell them where you are. If you are in the care of a social worker already, I reckon your file could be passed on to another one somewhere else but you'll have to keep your SW in the loop.
    I'm not recommending you do this because it's a scary world out there at your age with lots of people who would want to take advantage of your vulnerable position.
    It's best to gag yourself, get your exams over with, find yourself a college, get financing independent of your parents and then either leave or else gradually wean yourself out of their control.
    Your parents seem like crap - forcing you into a life of crime, and even using the word 'butcher' to a child is anathema to any normal parent. You seem to realise this too well and I don't blame you for wanting a normal life.
    You may find that the key to it all, as ever, is to get some form of legal independent finance or funding. This is difficult at any age for anyone to do secretly. Your social worker may help you with finance and accommodation, but you're going to have to be adamant and firm when the time comes.
    Good luck.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #62 - May 08, 2009, 12:08 AM

That is extremely inspiring! Maybe I should push Social Services around a bit...
    I've found them pretty useless thus far, other than giving self-explanatory assurance  to me. They're too lazy to take any action.

My Dad is also involved in the creation of fake University certificates
    , which he enforces me to help him with. I suggested it and Social Services merely stated that I should 'call the Police'.

finmad

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #63 - May 08, 2009, 12:10 AM

So you have another sister who is 2 years older than you? You said in your first sentence that when you were 13 you were taken into social care along with your 15 year old sister. I couldn't tell whether you meant your sister who is 15 now (who you have just been telling us about) or whether you have another sister who was 15 at the time.

Yes, I have a sister who is 2 years older than me.

Sibling tree goes a little like this:

1 - Older sister (34) (no contact)

2 - Me (32)

3 - Sister (28) (lived with me when she ran away from home, helped her get settled)

4 - Sister (23) (mentally disabled otherwise I doubt she would have stayed home either)

3 - Brother (21) (lived with me when he ran away from home, ended up throwing him out because he is a bastard))

4 - Brother (18) (living with me)

5 - Sister (15) (the one who is currently in need of help from social services)

That is extremely inspiring! Maybe I should push Social Services around a bit...
    I've found them pretty useless thus far, other than giving self-explanatory assurance  to me. They're too lazy to take any action.

My Dad is also involved in the creation of fake University certificates, which he enforces me to help him with. I suggested it and Social Services merely stated that I should 'call the Police'.

Yes, don't give up, it was a long struggle to get them to help my sister (3rd one on the sibling tree above) when she came to stay with me.  I was living in a semi independant living social care place at the time and she shared my bed with me for almost a year whilst we fought for social services to assist her, again inspite of all the evidence available.

She got housed and helped in the end, but it really took me saying that I wouldn't help her anymore ( a ploy I assure you) to make them take her in.  Until she was absolutely homeless at 15yrs old (she came to me aged 14)  then they helped.

You need someone, an adult, who an help argue your rights with these people, an advocate who understands the ins and outs.

The only reason they finally took me and my eldest sister into care when I was 13, was because my step mother put me in a coma, they needed it to hit that extremity before they would take action.

I even went to them when my step mum burnt my feet (you try walking on burnt soles) and they didn't help then.....fuck, I mean I got burnt intentionally by my step mother and it still couldn't motivate these bastards to do anything for me?

It's ridiculous, someone really needs to stand up to these people.

I didn;t have an adult to help me argue with them, hence them leaving it until I was in a coma, but with an adult things run much smoother.

Is there anyone in your life, a friends parent perhaps?  maybe phone CAB and ask them if they know of any groups that can provide assistance?

Make a formal complaint about the way your ase in being handled too.

Why have so many left home? How many of your siblings have left Islam?

Reply #64 - May 08, 2009, 05:58 AM

So you have another sister who is 2 years older than you? You said in your first sentence that when you were 13 you were taken into social care along with your 15 year old sister. I couldn't tell whether you meant your sister who is 15 now (who you have just been telling us about) or whether you have another sister who was 15 at the time.

Yes, I have a sister who is 2 years older than me.

Sibling tree goes a little like this:

1 - Older sister (34) (no contact)

2 - Me (32)

3 - Sister (28) (lived with me when she ran away from home, helped her get settled)

4 - Sister (23) (mentally disabled otherwise I doubt she would have stayed home either)

3 - Brother (21) (lived with me when he ran away from home, ended up throwing him out because he is a bastard))

4 - Brother (18) (living with me)

5 - Sister (15) (the one who is currently in need of help from social services)

My Dad is also involved in the creation of fake University certificates, which he enforces me to help him with. I suggested it and Social Services merely stated that I should 'call the Police'.

Yes, don't give up, it was a long struggle to get them to help my sister (3rd one on the sibling tree above) when she came to stay with me.  I was living in a semi independant living social care place at the time and she shared my bed with me for almost a year whilst we fought for social services to assist her, again inspite of all the evidence available.

She got housed and helped in the end, but it really took me saying that I wouldn't help her anymore ( a ploy I assure you) to make them take her in.  Until she was absolutely homeless at 15yrs old (she came to me aged 14)  then they helped.

You need someone, an adult, who an help argue your rights with these people, an advocate who understands the ins and outs.

The only reason they finally took me and my eldest sister into care when I was 13, was because my step mother put me in a coma, they needed it to hit that extremity before they would take action.

I even went to them when my step mum burnt my feet (you try walking on burnt soles) and they didn't help then.....fuck, I mean I got burnt intentionally by my step mother and it still couldn't motivate these bastards to do anything for me?

It's ridiculous, someone really needs to stand up to these people.

I didn;t have an adult to help me argue with them, hence them leaving it until I was in a coma, but with an adult things run much smoother.

Is there anyone in your life, a friends parent perhaps?  maybe phone CAB and ask them if they know of any groups that can provide assistance?

Make a formal complaint about the way your ase in being handled too.

I see that you're a Philosophy student.  Afro
    That's about the only think that I have learnt from Islam, Arabic. (Although they're not exactly linked.)
     Reply #65 - May 08, 2009, 11:07 AM

...... as I have an extra-long holiday where I would be staying with my parents, which equals Hell without the fire....

parents should be forgiving to their children, shouldn't they? Why would any father or mother torment their own child? I am a father and I guess there is nothing in the whole world would make me angry with my children. I mean really angry to the point of making their lives a misery!! There is nothing religious about being a total bleep bleep!!

What kind of a Muslim would do such things? Forgery of university certificates? Isn't he supposed to burn in hell for that? At least that is what I was told long time ago!!!

Reply #66 - May 08, 2009, 11:16 AM

I see that you're a Philosophy student.  Afro
    That's about the only think that I have learnt from Islam, Arabic. (Although they're not exactly linked.)

Yes, I study Philosophy and take great pride in being at University. That's why it angers me to hear that your father produces fake University degrees.

It's fantastic that you know Arabic. Can you speak it fluently? I'm currently learning it too. I started whilst I was a Muslim and whilst at Uni, I needed to take one more module in something and there was nothing left available that I wanted to do except Arabic and even then I didn't want to be in a class full of hijabis. It turned out that the majority were white people who wanted to learn Arabic because they thought it would be fun, so I'm glad I took it. I put great value on learning a new language.

What is your view on the prospect of going to University? It's a really great thing. Hang on... would your father even let you go or would he insist you save ?45,000 and let him create a fake degree for you?

Reply #67 - May 08, 2009, 11:25 AM

Only me and my eldest sister have left Islam (although I hear I have a aunt in spain who is an ex muslim too lol)

The reason so many of us ended up running away is because the violence and control levels were too vast to overcome.  I don't know if you have read my Bio, I think once you've read it you would be surprised if anyone stayed at home after that.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #68 - May 08, 2009, 06:50 PM

Only me and my eldest sister have left Islam (although I hear I have a aunt in spain who is an ex muslim too lol)

The reason so many of us ended up running away is because the violence and control levels were too vast to overcome.  I don't know if you have read my Bio, I think once you've read it you would be surprised if anyone stayed at home after that.

I'd like to read your bio, how do I do that?

So what do you mean when you say your 15 year old sister is in the same position as Ramadulla if your 15 year old sister hasn't left Islam?

Reply #69 - May 08, 2009, 07:02 PM

I'd like to read your bio, how do I do that?

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3761.0
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »