Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello & آداب from a Pakistani Secular Humanist (Atheist)

(Read 12014 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello & آداب from a Pakistani Secular Humanist (Atheist)
     OP - May 02, 2009, 05:22 PM

You people now have another Atheist/Secular-Humanist from the heart of Pakistan at your mix  grin12 whistling2 parrot

Only left the Religion of Piece less than a year back because my questions and doubts were too much for organised religion and the religious establishment to fathom.

Family has been more or less supportive/tolerant of my swift change given I am from a fairly educated middle-class family Smiley Some are calling this just a phase in my life, others have called it a brave decision none else can dare take.

But I have been advised to be fairly quiet about all this at least in public, given how trigger happy Pakistanis can get when religion and changes in faith are even mention Smiley

I'm still a patriot at heart, but I am sick of how Pakistanis have been screwed for 61 years by fraudsters and liars by using India-bashing and Islamic nonsense to keep them from questioning the incompetent idiots in charge.

It should be fun being here ^_^

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
  • Re: Hello & آداب from a Pakistani Secular Humanist (Atheist)
     Reply #1 - May 02, 2009, 05:36 PM

signwelcome

Reply #2 - May 02, 2009, 06:05 PM

Hi Suprah!

Cool to have another apostate around here. dance

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #3 - May 02, 2009, 06:07 PM

Hi Suprah!

Cool to have another apostate around here. dance

Hello.

Well surely Allah didnt conceive making COEM website now did he ?  Cheesy

Reply #4 - May 02, 2009, 07:10 PM

Hello Suprah welcome to the forum.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - May 02, 2009, 07:27 PM

I'm still a patriot at heart, but I am sick of how Pakistanis have been screwed for 61 years by fraudsters and liars by using India-bashing and Islamic nonsense to keep them from questioning the incompetent idiots in charge.

You said it! I am also Pakistani and I am sick of the anti-India nonsense, the historical revisionism, and the Islamism that has torn the country apart. I am pro-South-Asian unity on an EU model (for which SAARC was supposed to be a starting point), and vehemently against pan-Islamism in Pakistan.
     Reply #6 - May 02, 2009, 07:39 PM

Hi I am also a Pakistani welcome to the forum. Pakistanis don't vote politicians into office they vote gangsters into office. But then its better then to have any Islamic party into power though.

Fatima Bhutto rocks! That woman she could lead Pakistan. I recall I emailed her this:

Hello dear Fatima,

I am not entirely sure if this email will reach you personally, in an case, I wanted to wish you success in whatever you choose to do, I have great admiration for you and your stepmother (Ghinwa) for speaking out against the corruption in Pakistani politics and tribalism particularly when one understands the events which transpired and led to the unfortunate assassination of your father, speaking out and being in opposition to the ruling government in Pakistan takes real courage, when you know your life is on the line for speaking the truth. I do not live in Pakistan though I do have cultural links being a British Pakistani, when I look into Pakistani politics and the general culture it sadness me to see how some preach to follow higher and "divine" ethics and morality then the west when most absolutely lack any empathy for their follow human being. It seems, our people have resigned themselves into accepting the political situation in Pakistan will always be the same, we need more Pakistanis like yourself and I wish you do not lose the motivation to wanting a more just and ethical Pakistani society which is free of corruption, and tribalism. We need to educate our people, so they can learn to reason for themselves, rather then having the mullahs reason for them, turning them into mindless bots who think they have divine authority over women, so do not feel ashamed when they commit violence against women; from acid attacks to gang-rapes and honour-killings. I honestly believe if it was not due to religion our nation would be far more advanced, although I do have a great deal of affinity for Sufism, but then I don't really consider Sufism to be a religion in the traditional sense of the word.

I agree with you, the printed word has power, but unfortunately most of our people are illiterate. So it will not have any impact unless we start with education. I really don't understand, for example when my wife (who lives in Pakistan) told me how expansive her books were and how expensive it was actually to go to school it seemed like if you had money it was the only way you could get a decent education. Our people have a thirst for knowledge, but they cannot afford it or have other pressing matters such as providing for the family. The women are going to be the real heroes of our country. I recall once reading an article about tribal warfare, where two tribes had been fighting each other for years, eventually the women were sick of it, and decided the only way to stop this tribal war was by simply not having male offspring, and also by killing any males offspring they had.(Cite: Link)     

I wish you all the best, and I have no doubt no day you will be a great leader!

Kindest Regards,

Reply #7 - May 02, 2009, 07:48 PM

Welcome to the forum, it's very brave of you to come out like that to your family yes
     Reply #8 - May 02, 2009, 09:51 PM

Welcome, Suprah Smiley
     Reply #9 - May 02, 2009, 10:06 PM

Hiya. Welcome to the forum.

Quote from: ned
    I am pro-South-Asian unity on an EU model

Yeah that would make a lot of sense. It sure beats squabbling over territory that frankly is of little value to the belligerents anyway.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #10 - May 03, 2009, 12:22 AM

Tut Badshah

what did Fatima Bhutto reply ? I always liked Mir Murtaza the most from the Bhutto family anyway. Hated Benazir, and just thought ZAB was an idiot.

Reply #11 - May 03, 2009, 08:15 PM

Tut Badshah

what did Fatima Bhutto reply ? I always liked Mir Murtaza the most from the Bhutto family anyway. Hated Benazir, and just thought ZAB was an idiot.

She thanked me greatly and we still correspond. She is against the whole tribal mentality, she basically said humans should not be judged on lineage but on what they've as individuals have achieved, she in fact said, she would hate to lead a nation just because they voted for her based on tribe. She rejects all of that stuff. She is extremely educated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCfqxWapqMU&feature=related

Reply #12 - May 03, 2009, 08:22 PM

Have you noticed in her office, she has a picture of  the infamous Hassan Nasrallah leader of Hezbollah? That dude is really cool! I think he keeps the Zionists in check. He is a legend
     Reply #13 - May 03, 2009, 10:13 PM

Have you noticed in her office, she has a picture of  the infamous Hassan Nasrallah leader of Hezbollah? That dude is really cool! I think he keeps the Zionists in check. He is a legend

Huh? Arn't Hezbollah the bad guys?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #14 - May 03, 2009, 10:15 PM

It depends who you are. Its the whole "One man's terrorist, another man's freedom fighter" debate all over again. If you are a zionist, yes. If you are a Muslim or lebanese, including lebanese christians (who largely support hezbollah), or if you are opposed to israeli aggression, then they are not bad guys.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #15 - May 03, 2009, 10:19 PM

It depends who you are. Its the whole "One man's terrorist, another man's freedom fighter" debate all over again. If you are a zionist, yes. If you are a Muslim or lebanese, including lebanese christians (who largely support hezbollah), or if you are opposed to israeli aggression, then they are not bad guys.

So what do you think?

Reply #16 - May 03, 2009, 10:21 PM

Not as bad as the Zionists, with illegal settlements...
     Reply #17 - May 03, 2009, 10:21 PM

i think its her father murtaza mbhutto

?Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.?

Steven Weinberg quotes
     Reply #18 - May 03, 2009, 10:23 PM

i think its her father murtaza mbhutto

No, the picture on the door I am talking about. She has a picture on her door, watch when the camera pans that way. She is a Shia, so I know she would support him, and rightly so. 
     Reply #19 - May 03, 2009, 10:24 PM

Can't they all just get along?

Reply #20 - May 03, 2009, 10:25 PM

So what do you think?

I don't think you can simply describe them as good guys or bad guys. I do think they have the right to defend lebanese territory against israel aggression. I also think that they have aggressive themselves on occasions as well.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #21 - May 03, 2009, 10:34 PM

You need to go back to understand the situation. Fact of the matter is, most Jews think of Arabs as inferior, as they are descendent of a concubine of Abraham's, number two Jews think that land was promised to them by their mythological deity. Three the Muslim Palestinians are not any better with Islam and Jews being called pigs and stuff, but we know Jews did leave in peace under Muslim rule for a long time. I think the Jews need to give Jerusalem back to the Muslims, and then maybe there can be a two state solution. 
     Reply #22 - May 03, 2009, 10:38 PM

You are trolling in someone's intro thread, Tut.  As if we didn't have enough fucking Israel threads already - if you want to seriously discuss it do it in one of them. 

And people, please don't feed the troll.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #23 - May 03, 2009, 10:42 PM

You are trolling in someone's intro thread, Tut.  As if we didn't have enough fucking Israel threads already - if you want to seriously discuss it do it in one of them. 

And people, please don't feed the troll.

I am not trolling. Stop attacking me personally just because you might agree with my views.
     Reply #24 - May 04, 2009, 07:40 AM

Welcome Suprah  Smiley

"when you've got thousands of hadith/sunnah and a book like the Qur'an where abrogation is propagated by some; anyone with a grudge and some time on their hands can find something to confirm what ever they wish"- Kaiwai
     Reply #25 - May 04, 2009, 07:44 AM

fuck zionism and fuck islamism  grin12

Reply #26 - May 04, 2009, 07:46 AM

What about goats?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #27 - May 04, 2009, 10:32 AM

What about goats?

If they are well made, then I'll be happy to eat mutton  dance

Reply #28 - May 04, 2009, 11:16 AM

You need to go back to understand the situation. Fact of the matter is, most Jews think of Arabs as inferior, as they are descendent of a concubine of Abraham's, number two Jews think that land was promised to them by their mythological deity. Three the Muslim Palestinians are not any better with Islam and Jews being called pigs and stuff, but we know Jews did leave in peace under Muslim rule for a long time. I think the Jews need to give Jerusalem back to the Muslims, and then maybe there can be a two state solution. 

Have we ever seen in history a scenario where Muslims are living under Jewish rule? And if so, why wouldn't that work out?

Reply #29 - May 04, 2009, 03:06 PM

Have we ever seen in history a scenario where Muslims are living under Jewish rule? And if so, why wouldn't that work out?

The problem is not of rule, the problem is displacing population whose land you are building settlements on illegally.

Imagine, you've been thrown out of your house, and I give you a room in my house, and eventually you start taking over my house and kick me out and build wall barring me from entering my own house. This is reality of the situation:

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »