Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hello

(Read 23039 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hello to fellow "murtadeen"
     Reply #90 - May 01, 2009, 08:51 PM

In other words yes, Tut is explaining it badly. Grin
    It's actually quite easy to grasp and does not require digging up weighty tomes form the depths of academic libraries. It's one of those things that once you get it seems perfectly obvious, which of course is often one of the traits of revolutionary thoughts. Most of them aren't obvious until somebody comes up with them, at which point everyone else facepalms and says "Why didn't I think of that?"

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #91 - May 01, 2009, 08:55 PM

It's actually quite easy to grasp and does not require digging up weighty tomes form the depths of academic libraries. It's one of those things that once you get it seems perfectly obvious, which of course is often one of the traits of revolutionary thoughts. Most of them aren't obvious until somebody comes up with them, at which point everyone else facepalms and says "Why didn't I think of that?"

Well am high, and horny. But yeah you are right its and easy concept to grasp. But then this is like saying its only easy if you know the answers to the questions.  Cheesy
     Reply #92 - May 01, 2009, 08:57 PM

Right, I get it now.  And yes, it is obvious, and it is what I meant when I said that there is no absolute proof outside of mathematics.

Btw, quantum mechanics has its head up its ass too.   Tongue

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #93 - May 01, 2009, 09:02 PM

Right, I get it now.  And yes, it is obvious, and it is what I meant when I said that there is no absolute proof outside of mathematics.

Proof is only relative to the system it is based on (axioms) outside that system it might not be true.

So Cheetah you don't know if a God exists or not! I don't know either but I know something to be untrue such as god existing but I cannot prove them, we just have to take it on "faith"
     Reply #94 - May 02, 2009, 01:26 AM

No, it doesn't.  Lacking belief in something is not the same as "knowing" that it doesn't exist.  Its just a default postition - till I'm shown evidence that God is there, I'll work on the assumption that he isn't.  Just as in law we work on the default position that a person is innocent till proven guilty.

When did I say that lacking belief in something is the same as knowing that it doesn't exist? Lacking belief in something is the same as lacking knowledge that something is the case.

You can say you don't believe in God, but how can you say you believe that God does not exist? Doesn't that make you as bad as theists?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #95 - May 02, 2009, 01:28 AM

Proof is only relative to the system it is based on (axioms) outside that system it might not be true.

So Cheetah you don't know if a God exists or not! I don't know either but I know something to be untrue such as god existing but I cannot prove them, we just have to take it on "faith"

Is Godel basically saying that every single belief system is ultimately circular because it is impossible to have a belief system that does not rest on a series of assumptions that cannot be explained or justified?

Reply #96 - May 02, 2009, 01:30 AM

i thought this might cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCfUm21BsI&feature=channel_page

?Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.?

Steven Weinberg quotes
     Reply #97 - May 02, 2009, 08:59 AM

Is Godel basically saying that every single belief system is ultimately circular because it is impossible to have a belief system that does not rest on a series of assumptions that cannot be explained or justified?

It can be explained it just cannot be proven it is complete outside the system it is based on outside the axioms. It might be true, but it cannot be proven to be true.

See the Liar paradox. 
     Reply #98 - May 02, 2009, 09:09 AM

If the statement is true, everything asserted in it must be true. However, because the statement asserts that it is itself false, it must be false. So the hypothesis that it is true leads to the contradiction that it is false. Yet the sentence cannot be false for that hypothesis also leads to contradiction. If the statement is false, then what it says about itself is not true. It says that it is false, so that must not be true. Hence, it is true. Under either hypothesis, the statement is both true and false.

I.e consistent within the confines of the axioms and contradictory outside the confines of the axioms. So it is both inconsistent and contradictory, while at the same time being consistent in logic or semantics we have a paradox.
     Reply #99 - May 02, 2009, 09:25 AM

This is why it is dumb to say, I can logically prove god, or logically disprove god - no you are just an idiot and you don't understand shit. What is why I laugh to myself when someone says I am outright atheist, being an atheist is not synonymous with intellect or rationality. You are just as bad as the theist.

But being so smart myself I smack the theist with his proof, and show his axiom at the start is flawed so his proof is only true within the system he is confining it to, thus he has confined his god to a system which make it easy for me to prove that god based on the system it is confined to cannot be proven to be true outside that system, a system cannot prove its definition of true is true, and then he goes and cries in a corner asking why he was born in the wrong universe.

This is why I say let the theist define his god before I crush him. 
     Reply #100 - May 02, 2009, 02:04 PM

It can be explained it just cannot be proven it is complete outside the system it is based on outside the axioms. It might be true, but it cannot be proven to be true.

See the Liar paradox. 

So basically, yes. Well then you were explaining it badly.  Afro

Reply #101 - May 02, 2009, 02:14 PM

If the statement is true, everything asserted in it must be true. However, because the statement asserts that it is itself false, it must be false. So the hypothesis that it is true leads to the contradiction that it is false. Yet the sentence cannot be false for that hypothesis also leads to contradiction. If the statement is false, then what it says about itself is not true. It says that it is false, so that must not be true. Hence, it is true. Under either hypothesis, the statement is both true and false.

I.e consistent within the confines of the axioms and contradictory outside the confines of the axioms. So it is both inconsistent and contradictory, while at the same time being consistent in logic or semantics we have a paradox.

The Liar Paradox does not exist. To say "I am lying" is to say "I was lying when I said the thing I just claimed previous to this statement." The Liar does not mean "I am lying when I say this very statement." Such a statement is not even subject to true/false evaluations.

Reply #102 - May 02, 2009, 02:49 PM

The Liar Paradox does not exist. To say "I am lying" is to say "I was lying when I said the thing I just claimed previous to this statement." The Liar does not mean "I am lying when I say this very statement." Such a statement is not even subject to true/false evaluations.

See the video I posted on this thread.
     Reply #103 - May 03, 2009, 03:53 PM

oye hoey raja jee !!!

this is AtheistPakistani (and Suprah) from youtube. Nice to know you being here too  grin12

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #104 - May 03, 2009, 04:03 PM

oye hoey raja jee !!!

this is AtheistPakistani (and Suprah) from youtube. Nice to know you being here too  grin12

hello sir nice to know you are here too.
    bu the way i seen your comments here (with the name suprah)on various pages and i had a kind of feeling that its you.anyway i wouldnt say "wellcome aboard" to you as i am too new on this forum to wellcome anyone.
    post your story in introduction forum."te fer uthe gal hoye gi thohade naal"
    changa fer.

?Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.?

Steven Weinberg quotes
     Reply #105 - May 03, 2009, 04:13 PM

"te fer uthe gal hoye gi thohade naal"
    changa fer.

Huh?

... (hoye ge)how it will .....

fill in the blanks

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #106 - May 03, 2009, 04:23 PM

"te fer uthe gal hoye gi thohade naal"
    changa fer.

Huh?

... (hoye ge)how it will .....

fill in the blanks

soory about that.its punjabi i will translate it for you
    te fer           and then
    uthe             there
    gal               chat
    hoye gi        will be
    thohade       you
    naal              with

changa          allright
    fer                  then

"and there we will chat.allright then"

Steven Weinberg quotes
     Reply #107 - May 03, 2009, 05:28 PM

oye hoey raja jee !!!

hello sir nice to know you are here too.
    bu the way i seen your comments here (with the name suprah)on various pages and i had a kind of feeling that its you.anyway i wouldnt say "wellcome aboard" to you as i am too new on this forum to wellcome anyone.
    post your story in introduction forum."te fer uthe gal hoye gi thohade naal"
    changa fer.

oye badshah ji...medi kahani vi iss forum tey hunn iss section naal mein pehlay he likha si. ^_^

just check my thread ^_^

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #108 - May 03, 2009, 08:42 PM

You guys do drugs?
     Reply #109 - May 03, 2009, 10:02 PM

You guys do drugs?

no
    what makes you say that?

Steven Weinberg quotes
     Reply #110 - May 03, 2009, 10:07 PM

You guys do drugs?

no
    what makes you say that?

He lives under a bridge and eats goats, Jamshed.  Best to ignore him and not feed him, lest he grows. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #111 - May 03, 2009, 10:09 PM

You guys do drugs?

no
    what makes you say that?

He lives under a bridge and eats goats, Jamshed.  Best to ignore him and not feed him, lest he grows. 

You can live under bridges and still get internet? That's awesome!

Reply #112 - May 03, 2009, 10:13 PM

You guys do drugs?

no
    what makes you say that?

You can live under bridges and still get internet? That's awesome!

Wireless ftw.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »