Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hello

(Read 23065 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • hello
     OP - April 28, 2009, 08:37 PM

hi

?Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.?

Steven Weinberg quotes
  • Re: hello to fellow "murtadeen"
     Reply #1 - April 28, 2009, 09:42 PM

i will be speaking of my heart

And that's one of the reasons that your video stood out for me. Your sincerity and openess  Afro

Welcome  Smiley
     Reply #2 - April 28, 2009, 10:20 PM

Welcome aboard Star Fleet COEM. 

So what you studying at university?  I am very surprised to learn that you became an apostate in Pakistan.  I hear more than 98% believe God is important in their daily lives in Pakistan - who were your influences? 

You also seem well versed in Islam & atheism - have you been a member of FFI or another forum before?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - April 28, 2009, 10:38 PM

Welcome aboard Star Fleet COEM. 

So what you studying at university?  I am very surprised to learn that you became an apostate in Pakistan.  I hear more than 98% believe God is important in their daily lives in Pakistan - who were your influences? 

You also seem well versed in Islam & atheism - have you been a member of FFI or another forum before?

i am doing accountancy course called acca
    and i never renounced my faith in pakistan.when in pakistan i was basically lurking from one sect to another and while exploring the different sects i came across the most controversial sect "pervazi" it is the only sect which doesnt take quran literaly and is relatively more compatable to science and they believe that hadeeth is not accurate and only guidance should come from quran.but after a while even pervazism didnt satisfied my quest for logical explaination of universe and life.i was probably an atheist back then but again it does no harm to pretend to be a muslim in islamic country and on the other hand decaring yourself an atheist can cause serious trouble.
    i am well versed in Islam because of the 10 years of my life i spend in "madrassa" and in theism because of Richard dawkins.
    no i have not been a member of any forum before and btw what is FFI.
    thanks for your reply.

?Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.?

Steven Weinberg quotes
     Reply #4 - April 28, 2009, 10:43 PM

Hey, don't say that your post is getting too long, your post was very interesting! I'm a new member too. And I'm shaking! I'm just going through all the introductions reading about all these new peeps, teehee :p Nice to meet you bro.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #5 - April 28, 2009, 10:46 PM

Hi Jamshed. FFI is the reason this place exists. We got sick of the nuttery on FFI. yes

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - April 28, 2009, 10:53 PM

Welcome jamshed!  bunny

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #7 - April 28, 2009, 11:25 PM

FFI is another ex-muslim forum, but not as good as this one  Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - April 28, 2009, 11:31 PM

Greetings from an ex-christian Smiley

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #9 - April 29, 2009, 12:06 AM

Welcome Jamshed,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #10 - April 29, 2009, 01:20 AM

Welcome.   Smiley  I watched your vids last night.  Very good but I didn't really get the bit about the sunglasses.  parrot

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #11 - April 29, 2009, 01:57 AM

You are obviously a very confused soul.

With all the great beers in the UK, why the hell are you drinking Bud?

I've lived in the states for almost 20 years now and I never touch American beer (unless it's Sam Adams or something from a microbrewery).

Do you know what drinking Bud and making love in a canoe have in common?

They are both fucking close to water.

Welcome aboard.

BcheersB

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #12 - April 29, 2009, 06:17 AM

He's drinking what? Fer chrissake, someone get the man some decent beer. Grin

Reply #13 - April 29, 2009, 06:33 AM

True! LOL...
     Reply #14 - April 29, 2009, 09:22 AM

Beer is horrible, I cant stand it's taste.

Welcome to the forum jamshed!
     Reply #15 - April 29, 2009, 09:32 AM

Depends which beer.

Reply #16 - April 29, 2009, 09:37 AM

Depends which beer.

I've never tasted any beer I like (whether it be cheap crap or home-made brew).
     Reply #17 - April 29, 2009, 09:47 AM

Tried Kilkenny? Bishop's Finger? Chimay Grande Reserve? Now that stuff is beer.

http://www.chimay.com/en/chimay_blue_220.php

Reply #18 - April 29, 2009, 09:50 AM

Never heard of those.
     Reply #19 - April 29, 2009, 09:59 AM

Rule of thumb for commercial beers: if you see it advertised it's probably not worth drinking.

Reply #20 - April 29, 2009, 10:20 AM

Just wanted to add... you say that you don't like introducing yourself as agnostic because you don't like the idea of being indecisive. I think alot of Muslims and other religious believers think this way too; they despise agnostics even more than atheists branding them as being cowardly.

I've noticed that a lot of Muslim values are hypocritical. This is one example. They condemn indecisiveness, but they have forgotten another attribute which they themselves emphasize A LOT in other areas of discussion, but they have missed it out in this one, for some unexplained reason. That is the attribute of patience.

You have to be patient when it comes to knowledge too. Grabbing hold of a particular belief system just for the sake of having a belief is impatience in knowledge. Like Hassan says, (I think it is Hassan... discussislam off youtube... I'm new here so I'm not too sure yet lol) don't pretend to know something, even if it is atheism.

Let us take an example of a Maths professor setting 2 of his students a problem to solve by the end of the day. Now the Maths professor knows this problem cannot be solved in a month, never mind by the end of the day. One of his students, desparate to banish the vice of indecisiveness out of his behaviour, may well cling on to the first possible solution that comes into his head. Before even testing it, he is already convinced by it, and for the rest of the day, he simply seeks to prove that it is the case (an error in philosophical method, since you should test with no bias in mind). By the end of the day, the 2 students come in front of the professor and the one above says that he knows the solution and presents pages of writing demonstrating his case. The other student has his hands empty, and admits he couldn't work it out in the time provided. Agreed, this student has made himself look pretty dopey at this point, but not when the professor looks over the first students work and tells him that he was nowhere near finding the right answer! The professor then commends the second student's patience in knowledge Smiley

Reply #21 - April 29, 2009, 10:28 AM

Rule of thumb for commercial beers: if you see it advertised it's probably not worth drinking.

I've had someone's home-made brew before which was supposed to be quite good, my bf has also made some. Didn't like any of them.
     Reply #22 - April 29, 2009, 10:32 AM

Cider or Shandy is the best Cheesy

Reply #23 - April 29, 2009, 10:51 AM

I like Cider Smiley
     Reply #24 - April 29, 2009, 01:51 PM

Just wanted to add... you say that you don't like introducing yourself as agnostic because you don't like the idea of being indecisive. I think alot of Muslims and other religious believers think this way too; they despise agnostics even more than atheists branding them as being cowardly.

I've noticed that a lot of Muslim values are hypocritical. This is one example. They condemn indecisiveness, but they have forgotten another attribute which they themselves emphasize A LOT in other areas of discussion, but they have missed it out in this one, for some unexplained reason. That is the attribute of patience.

You have to be patient when it comes to knowledge too. Grabbing hold of a particular belief system just for the sake of having a belief is impatience in knowledge. Like Hassan says, (I think it is Hassan... discussislam off youtube... I'm new here so I'm not too sure yet lol) don't pretend to know something, even if it is atheism.

Let us take an example of a Maths professor setting 2 of his students a problem to solve by the end of the day. Now the Maths professor knows this problem cannot be solved in a month, never mind by the end of the day. One of his students, desparate to banish the vice of indecisiveness out of his behaviour, may well cling on to the first possible solution that comes into his head. Before even testing it, he is already convinced by it, and for the rest of the day, he simply seeks to prove that it is the case (an error in philosophical method, since you should test with no bias in mind). By the end of the day, the 2 students come in front of the professor and the one above says that he knows the solution and presents pages of writing demonstrating his case. The other student has his hands empty, and admits he couldn't work it out in the time provided. Agreed, this student has made himself look pretty dopey at this point, but not when the professor looks over the first students work and tells him that he was nowhere near finding the right answer! The professor then commends the second student's patience in knowledge Smiley

My experience with academia goes as follows:

The professor then goes 'Masha allah you have presented me with a lot of paperwork not like your lazy 'friend' over here, you get to be the TA as long as you get to produce some excellently presented documents."

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #25 - April 29, 2009, 02:21 PM

Greetings

Reply #26 - April 29, 2009, 02:52 PM

Welcome, jamshed raja. hugs
     Reply #27 - April 29, 2009, 03:01 PM

I've lived in the states for almost 20 years now and I never touch American beer (unless it's Sam Adams or something from a microbrewery).

Do you know what drinking Bud and making love in a canoe have in common?

They are both fucking close to water.

Welcome aboard.

BcheersB

What's wrong with Bud? It used to be my favorite beer.  Tongue
     Reply #28 - April 29, 2009, 03:19 PM

The professor then goes 'Masha allah you have presented me with a lot of paperwork not like your lazy 'friend' over here, you get to be the TA as long as you get to produce some excellently presented documents."

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking Baal.
     Reply #29 - April 29, 2009, 03:27 PM

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking Baal.

Erm, where have you two studied?

And I wasn't trying to demonstrate an example of how any particular educational institute works, I was arguing about how an educational institute should work, and indeed in many Western universities, does work...

• 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »