Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello again

(Read 6134 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello again
     OP - April 27, 2009, 06:47 AM

Hi everyone. I miss you all. You might have forgotten me because I didn?t participate here for a long time but I didn't forget you at all.

I joined the forum when I started seriously to doubt about Islam and all religions in general. Many members here were so friendly and supportive. I want to thank them all.

I kept reading different sources online and offline for a long time until I thought I had enough. I don't know why after that extensive search I lost the desire to read any more information or discussions about religions. I was and still content and at peace with no religion.

Anyway, I owe a special thanks to both Osmanthus and Hassan. Osmanthus is very helpful, kind and pleasant person. Hassan?s videos helped me too much when I felt confused and alone. I?m so happy he is back to the forum as he was left the last time I was here.

This forum is the best and most respected forum I came across and I hope I?ll be able to participate more here.

Peace and love to you all
  • Re: Hello again
     Reply #1 - April 27, 2009, 07:11 AM

Welcome back Smiley. I wondered what happened to you, glad you're ok. It's good to be content. I remember going to Barnes and Noble's and not having the desire to go in the religion section felt great (but that's cuz I know all the books they have in there don't interest me Grin).

Mulla Nasrudin Joha was asked,
    "...did any of your students ever become enlightened?"
    "Sure. many of them"
    "How can you tell?"
    "Easy. They stop following me or anyone else, do not talk ceaselessly about 'teachers', 'teachings', 'spirituality' and other such matters, and they go on with their lives free from fears and pretences."

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - April 27, 2009, 07:48 AM

Hi awais. I'm glad you still remember me. Thanks for welcoming me back.  Smiley

Yes it feels great when one doesn't have the desire to read about religion and best of all doesn't feel guilty about it.

That is a very good reply from Mullah Nasrudin.

Here is an out of topic joke:

"When I die", said Nasrudin, "have me buried in an old grave."
    "Why?" Asked his relatives.
    "Because when Munkir and Nakir, recording angels of good and bad actions, come, I'll be able to wave them on, saying that this grave has been counted and entered for punishment already."  dance
     Reply #3 - April 27, 2009, 07:51 AM

I don't remember you, but welcome anyway. Doubt is the prelude of apostasy. Afro

far away hug

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #4 - April 27, 2009, 07:58 AM

Hi Hedaya. Good to see you back again. You can say more nice things about me if you like. Grin

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - April 27, 2009, 08:47 AM

I don't remember you, but welcome anyway. Doubt is the prelude of apostasy. Afro

far away hug

Thanks Zaephon. Actually I was here for short time. I think it was about 2 weeks but it was very effective as I really needed to talk to like-minded people.

Hi Hedaya. Good to see you back again. You can say more nice things about me if you like. Grin

You are great  far away hug
     Reply #6 - April 27, 2009, 08:59 AM

Hey Hedeya! Don't think I was a member when you first joined, but I agree with what you've stated. This forum is very cool indeed yes
     Reply #7 - April 27, 2009, 09:02 AM

Her earlier posts got shunted in the Great Database Stuffup. They'll be over at the archives.

Reply #8 - April 27, 2009, 09:08 AM

Yes, I looked at her history but could not find them.  The Great Database Stuffup was an important day in the history of COEM.  We could start a thread on a timeline of important events/milestones in the history of this forum?  Maybe stick it to the forum permanently?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - April 27, 2009, 09:09 AM

Welcome Hedaya! First time I'm meeting you here. Smiley

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #10 - April 27, 2009, 09:38 AM

Welcome back Hedaya. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #11 - April 27, 2009, 09:57 AM

Hey Hedeya! Don't think I was a member when you first joined, but I agree with what you've stated. This forum is very cool indeed yes

Hi PeruvianSkies. Nice to meet you here  Smiley

Her earlier posts got shunted in the Great Database Stuffup. They'll be over at the archives.

I was wondering if there was a virus attack or something that deleted old posts. Glad to know they are safe

Maybe stick it to the forum permanently?

Hi IsLame. It's a good idea.

Welcome Hedaya! First time I'm meeting you here. Smiley

Hi Rashna. Nice to meet you here  Smiley

Welcome back Hedaya. 

Thanks Cheetah. Glad to see you here again  Smiley
     Reply #12 - April 27, 2009, 11:22 AM

Welcome back Hedaya! dance

Seems like you quenched your thirst for reading up on religion. So what do you say your current beliefs are? Have you become an atheist, agnostic, deist...?

Here is your old introduction thread: About to be an ex
    Unfortunately some of your postings are empty :(.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #13 - April 27, 2009, 12:01 PM

Welcome Hedaya,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #14 - April 27, 2009, 12:20 PM

Tx Aziz for that blast from the past. Damn I can be a prick sometimes, but it was Ameen.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #15 - April 27, 2009, 12:21 PM

Hi everyone. I miss you all. You might have forgotten me because I didn?t participate here for a long time but I didn't forget you at all.

I joined the forum when I started seriously to doubt about Islam and all religions in general. Many members here were so friendly and supportive. I want to thank them all.

I kept reading different sources online and offline for a long time until I thought I had enough. I don't know why after that extensive search I lost the desire to read any more information or discussions about religions. I was and still content and at peace with no religion.

Anyway, I owe a special thanks to both Osmanthus and Hassan. Osmanthus is very helpful, kind and pleasant person. Hassan?s videos helped me too much when I felt confused and alone. I?m so happy he is back to the forum as he was left the last time I was here.

This forum is the best and most respected forum I came across and I hope I?ll be able to participate more here.

Peace and love to you all

Hi Hedaya - it's really great to see you back  far away hug
     Reply #16 - April 27, 2009, 02:36 PM

Hello.

Welcome back.  signwelcome

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #17 - April 27, 2009, 04:11 PM

Welcome back Hedaya! dance

So what do you say your current beliefs are? Have you become an atheist, agnostic, deist...?

Hi Aziz. Thanks for the link to my older posts.

Label again Smiley I took Hassan's advice and didn't try to get a particular label

I always get confused about the differences between these labels. Different sites have different explanation

I got this from dictionary:
    Atheist, agnostic, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds.

And from Wikipedia:
    Deism is a philosophical belief in the existence of a God on the basis of reason, and observation of the natural world alone. Deists generally reject the notion of supernatural revelation as a basis of truth and religious dogma. These views contrast with the dependence on divine revelation found in many Christian,[1] Islamic and Judaic teachings.

Deists typically reject most supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and tend to assert that God (or "The Supreme Architect") has a plan for the universe which that Architect does not alter either by intervening in the affairs of human life or suspending the natural laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources.

According to that, and if I should have a label, I would be agnostic, infidel and a bit of Diest  dance
     Reply #18 - April 27, 2009, 04:26 PM

According to that, and if I should have a label, I would be agnostic, infidel and a bit of Diest  dance

Well in that case, welcome to the forum AND the clan

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - April 27, 2009, 04:28 PM

Welcome Hedaya,

Tx Aziz for that blast from the past. Damn I can be a prick sometimes, but it was Ameen.

Hi Baal. Thanks for welcoming.
    I guess you changed your first post. Was it a question??
    Oh... Ameeeen.... The islamic defender and psychiatrist ......... Is he still around??

Hi Hassan. It's great to see you here also. It a bit late but thanks for putting your videos back  Afro
    I'm curious to know who or what convinced you ......... Nosy me Smiley
     Reply #20 - April 27, 2009, 05:56 PM

Welcome Hedaya,

Hi Baal. Thanks for welcoming.
    I guess you changed your first post. Was it a question??
    Oh... Ameeeen.... The islamic defender and psychiatrist ......... Is he still around??

Hi Hassan. It's great to see you here also. It a bit late but thanks for putting your videos back  Afro
    I'm curious to know who or what convinced you ......... Nosy me Smiley

Well if you remember it was my disgust at some of the extremely hateful anti-Islam bigots I got commenting and supporting my videos that made me want to withdraw them. I didn't want to be associated with such people. But let's just say I finally saw the wisdom in the argument that others put to me that my videos actually helped to counteract such extreme bigotry.
     Reply #21 - April 27, 2009, 10:27 PM

Hello, not-new person!

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #22 - April 27, 2009, 10:36 PM

Nope. Haven't seen him for ages.  parrot

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »