Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello to all of you.

(Read 5365 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello to all of you.
     OP - April 26, 2009, 11:55 PM

Hi to all and I hope that you will welcome me.

I came across your site from liveleak and from watching a couple of clips on Maryam Namazie. I really liked her attitude and her eloquence in the way she delivered her message. And so I found your forum. I have read some of the threads and I find it very refreshing.
    I am going to use certain general phrases, one being Asian, I mean this to include every person from all so called Muslim countries. I use it to save me typing every single country, hope this is ok. I know not every Muslim is Asian but allow me this transgression. Any reference I give to God will also refer to Allah. Any mention of Jesus Christ will not make him the son of God, nor a prophet according to the teachings of Islam. It will make him a man.
    I do not ask you to accept what I say to be the truth, what I ask you to accept is that my views are my beliefs and that I am entitled to them. I also ask you to accept this kaffir amongst all you other kaffirs and treat me with respect as I will treat you in the same way.
    I am not Muslim, I have never been a Muslim. To be frank and honest I do not give a toss about Islam or Muslims in the same way I do not give a toss about Christians and Rome or Jews and Israel. What I do care about is people. No matter their colour of skin or creed people are what matter, not bloody religions.
    I use the word ?bloody? as every religion has blood on it?s hands in the name of a God. There is no God that would allow massive bloodshed in it?s name.
    We have all been hoodwinked for nearly a thousand years. God says let?s crusade against the infidels and non believers. God says let us repel the kaffir invaders from our lands.
    If you want an understanding of religion then you have to read some history but always remember that history is written by the victors and not the vanquished.
    A bit about me:

Dragged into Roman Catholicism.
    Forced to be an altar boy.
    Forced to go to mass.
    Forced to go to confess to an invisible being in the sky, whilst the pervert on the other side of the screen did his thing.
    Rejected being a catholic at age 14 and I have rejected all religion since. I am now 42.

War.
    There is no need for it, there is no war when tribe meets tribe. Differences are settled through talking and understanding each other?s tribes. I am Scottish and the Scottish still detest the English for what they did to our kin in centuries past, but we live alongside them now. Could India and Pakistan not also just put up with each other? Could Iraq and Iran finally see eye to eye? Could Israel stop being the bully boy of the Middle East?
    I am unusual in the fact that I think horizontally rather than vertically, you see there is no God in the sky, there are only people all around me. People that need help and some that do not.
    I listen to all kinds of music, at the moment it is Gaelic music as I find this calming. At other times I listen to music sang in Kurdish, Arabic and believe it or not English!
    Thanks for reading these ramblings and I look forward to any replies.

Peace always

Peter

• Re: Hello to all of you.
     Reply #1 - April 27, 2009, 04:02 AM

Hello calvi36, and welcome Smiley

And so I found your forum. I have read some of the threads and I find it very refreshing.

I just came across it recently myself, but I've found that the general posters are quite interesting to read and have the best sense of humor.

I am going to use certain general phrases, one being Asian, I mean this to include every person from all so called Muslim countries. I use it to save me typing every single country, hope this is ok. I know not every Muslim is Asian but allow me this transgression. Any reference I give to God will also refer to Allah.

I'm curious about your intent of using the word "Asian", and what exactly you mean to attribute to all Asians but I guess I'll wait and see Wink

I do not ask you to accept what I say to be the truth, what I ask you to accept is that my views are my beliefs and that I am entitled to them. I also ask you to accept this kaffir amongst all you other kaffirs and treat me with respect as I will treat you in the same way.

I have respect for all until they do something to lose it. I'd love to hear these controversial views that you hint at having, it's controversy that makes for interesting discussions!

Forced to go to confess to an invisible being in the sky, whilst the pervert on the other side of the screen did his thing.

Confession is another one of those very strange things to come out of religion. I was raised Catholic and I remember the teacher would take the whole class to confession at the church next door about once a month. We were like 8 years old, so what we had to confess I have no clue.

I am Scottish and the Scottish still detest the English for what they did to our kin in centuries past, but we live alongside them now.

That's sweet, I love Scotland. Maybe it's the accent. Oh, and the kilts.

Could India and Pakistan not also just put up with each other? Could Iraq and Iran finally see eye to eye? Could Israel stop being the bully boy of the Middle East?

See, I'd root for the God that made THOSE kind of miracles happen. Not the one who is the cause of these conflicts in the first place.  Roll Eyes

Anywhoo, welcome again!  grin12

"when you've got thousands of hadith/sunnah and a book like the Qur'an where abrogation is propagated by some; anyone with a grudge and some time on their hands can find something to confirm what ever they wish"- Kaiwai
     Reply #2 - April 27, 2009, 05:20 AM

welcome Calvi,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #3 - April 27, 2009, 05:50 AM

Hello Calvi, welcome.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - April 27, 2009, 07:31 AM

Howdy.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - April 27, 2009, 07:33 AM

Welcome welcome. Glad you find it refreshing. Hope we don't put you off too soon. Grin

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #6 - April 27, 2009, 08:10 AM

First person to scare him off gets a prize! dance 

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #7 - April 27, 2009, 08:15 AM

boo!
     Reply #8 - April 27, 2009, 08:20 AM

boo!

Oh no! It's a spooky ghost!

It passed right through me! See, it left a trail of ectoplasm!

It's ectoplasm!

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #9 - April 27, 2009, 08:24 AM

boo!

Oh no! It's a spooky ghost!

It passed right through me! See, it left a trail of ectoplasm!

(Clicky for piccy!)

It's ectoplasm!

Cheesy That episode was awesome!

and to our new forum member, welcome!
     Reply #10 - April 27, 2009, 08:56 AM

Hi Peter - sounds like you have been through quite an ordeal, before you found your final resting place in COEM!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - April 27, 2009, 01:59 PM

Greetings

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #12 - April 27, 2009, 03:10 PM

Hi Peter Smiley
     Reply #13 - April 27, 2009, 03:30 PM

Hey Peter... Welcome to the CoEM board! Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #14 - April 27, 2009, 05:03 PM

Welcome.

although i have to say i am not really happy to allow you the transgression on using the word asian to describe muslims. It doesnt save time typing since its a mere 1 letter difference and its confusing since as you are aware not all muslims are asians and not all asians are muslims.

im not sure why you need to use that word to replace the proper description.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #15 - April 27, 2009, 10:24 PM

WTF @ Asian Countries = Muslim Countries?

Amaterasu is not amused!

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #16 - April 27, 2009, 10:34 PM

WTF @ Asian Countries = Muslim Countries?

Amaterasu is not amused!

Presuambly Asia includes India & China totalling 2 billion of the world's population, and both with Muslim minorities.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - April 27, 2009, 11:35 PM

Welcome.

although i have to say i am not really happy to allow you the transgression on using the word asian to describe muslims. It doesnt save time typing since its a mere 1 letter difference and its confusing since as you are aware not all muslims are asians and not all asians are muslims.

im not sure why you need to use that word to replace the proper description.

Hi Berberella,

It is certainly not my intention to cause offence to anyone let alone transgress on anyone's beliefs or non beliefs. I used the term Asian as it is openly believed by the UK population that most muslims are Asians by the Western peoples. Whilst I know this is factually incorrect, I was using the term for a reason. You see, I knew someone would bite and pull me for it. It is nothing more than a generalisation that we are all conditioned with. It is the same in Muslim countries and yes, I have been to a few, where they think every white person is a Christian. Idont see the issue with calling someone from India, pakistan, Bangladesh Asian, it refers to the continent in exactly the same way I can be classed as European. Does this make sense?

We could even go further and look at the UK average persons understanding of the word kafir, most think it refers to a black person, described in the times before the ANC took back power in South Africa, every black or coloured person was referred to as kafir. Most UK people do not know that the word means "non believer".

Words are very dangerous things and when manipulated by the wrong people we normally end up with Religion, Politics or war. Oops my error, we end up with all three!
     Reply #18 - April 28, 2009, 07:08 AM

As someone from the uk i would say that only areas where the dominate muslim community is asian would be mistaken enough to describe muslims as asians.

down in central london they would say arabs were.

you may have your reasons for using it but this is a forum for ex muslims and doubting muslims to converge and as such the word could cause offence to those who are asian and those who aren't.

its a simple thing for you to take into consideration and to show respect for the members here and the aim of the forum.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #19 - April 28, 2009, 08:56 AM

It is certainly not my intention to cause offence to anyone let alone transgress on anyone's beliefs or non beliefs. I used the term Asian as it is openly believed by the UK population that most muslims are Asians by the Western peoples. Whilst I know this is factually incorrect, I was using the term for a reason. You see, I knew someone would bite and pull me for it. It is nothing more than a generalisation that we are all conditioned with. It is the same in Muslim countries and yes, I have been to a few, where they think every white person is a Christian. Idont see the issue with calling someone from India, pakistan, Bangladesh Asian, it refers to the continent in exactly the same way I can be classed as European. Does this make sense?

Europe is different where the majority of religious believers are Christian.  In Asia the majority of people are non-Muslims (China & India, the world largest nations by populace, are predominantly Buddhist & Hindu respectively).  If you wanted to make such a gross generalisation, then Middle Eastern (vast majority are Muslims), would be more appropriate

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - April 28, 2009, 12:12 PM

Welcome!  far away hug
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »