Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello RIBS is here :)

(Read 9252 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello RIBS is here :)
     OP - April 25, 2009, 11:23 AM

Hello,

I am RIBS and I hate all religions... I think religion is nothing but a brain washing, body controlling, self degrading, false informing, way of thinking... that is all....... In other words, religion is nothing but a cult!!!

Fortunately, good stand-up comedians of our time had the guts to spell the beans and tell it all as it is... If you want to know what I mean, please seek the late George Carlin video (search it on You Tube) called Religion is Bullshit (excuse my language). You must have figured out by now why I call myself RIBS  Wink... I loved George Carlin!!! and will miss him dearly!! Too bad i was too young when he was around.

Other great comedians that I adore are Eddy Izzard and Billy Connolly, they addressed religion very nicely and bravely.... I must add that they are convincing, yet funny. So there you go, get to have two rides with one pay!!!

I really cannot say that I am an ex-Muslim (well... that is because I have never been really a Muslim in my heart!! Of course I was born and raised as one, but never believed in any religion). Although I always known that we humans should be kind and peaceful to one another and that we should not hurt anything... not a human, not a bird not, an animal, not even a fly!!!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello, and may be look around in this forum and see if I can find some interesting discussions!!!

Thanks

RIBS

• Re: Hello RIBS is here :)
     Reply #1 - April 25, 2009, 11:27 AM

Welcome to the forum RIBS, I share your views on religion yes I didn't like Izzard much when I first saw his stand-up but he has grown on me. Bill Bailey is my favourite comedian atm.
     Reply #2 - April 25, 2009, 12:48 PM

Welcome RIBS.  Smiley

George Carlin and Eddie Izzard are 2 of my favourite comedians too. There are lots of dicussions and posts here, hope to see you around in them.

I like your name by the way.  RIBS as in your homage to Carlin as well as the stuff us women are made of, apparently, according to xtians. Wink

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3 - April 25, 2009, 12:58 PM

Quote from: RIBS
    called Religion is Bullshit (excuse my language)

Lol, we don't mind that all.

Welcome to the forums, RIBS. I was born into a Muslim family but I stopped believing in Islam early in childhood, and yes I hate most religions too, Islam being my specialty.

parrot parrot  parrot

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #4 - April 25, 2009, 01:24 PM

Hello,

I am RIBS and I hate all religions... I think religion is a brain washing, body controlling, self degrading, false informing, way of thinking... that is all. In other words, I think religion nothing but a cult!!!

I think that stand-up comedians of our time are the ones who had the gut to spell the beans and tell it as it is... If yo want to know what I mean, please see the late George Carlin video (search it on You Tube) called Religion is Bullshit (excuse my language). You must have figures out by now why I call myself RIBS... I loved George Carlin!!! We will miss him dearly!!

Other great comedians are Eddy Izzard and Billy Connolly, they addressed religion very nicely and bravely.... I must add that they convincing yet funny. So there you go, get to have to rides with one pay!!!

I really cannot say that I am an ex-Muslim (well... that is because I have never been really a Muslim in my heart!! I was born and raised as one, but never believed in any religion). Although I always known that we humans should be kind and peaceful to one another and that we should not hurt anything... not a human not a bird not an animal, not even a fly!!!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello, and may be look around in this forum and see if I can find some interesting discussions!!!

Thanks

RIBS

Welcome RIBS Smiley

Reply #5 - April 25, 2009, 01:25 PM

I like your name by the way.  RIBS as in your homage to Carlin as well as the stuff us women are made of, apparently, according to xtians. Wink

Also the hadith that compares a women to a crooked rib which cant be straightened. Far more insulting then the xtians version.
     Reply #6 - April 25, 2009, 03:44 PM

Welcome RIBS.  Smiley

Thanx Allat, your name is nice too...  thnkyu

To be honest I did not think much about a name. I stumbled on this forum by chance, and thought if I wanted to join these clever people, the first thing I would like to admit is that Religion is nothing but a BP of Bull Shit. I said join you clever people, because now I truly believe that religious people are not bright enough to figure out that they have been brain washed!!!

I never thought of the ribs (as bones!!) until you mentioned it now.... that for sure is one hilarious story I always liked to make fun of (privately of course)..

Thank you all for welcoming me.... and yes I am looking forward to talk about things that have been bothering me as I still reside in a Muslim country and so angry about how religion has taken over their brains. People are becoming Zombies... talking religion, eating religion, sleeping religion, even husbands and wives say in the name of Allah before making love!!! I don't know about you but I feel that it is sort of threesome to have someone else in my mind when I make love to my wife...

Another (non-comedian) YouTube I recommend all to watch is Pat Condell. He is very good and brave.

Well thanks again.. far away hug

RIBS

---

By the way: BP= big pile

Reply #7 - April 25, 2009, 04:18 PM

Hi Ribs , just got here myself  too. If you like your comedians edgy then check out Bill Hicks too. He died quite young a couple of years ago but his stuff is still relevant and packs a punch. 
    Another guy you might want to look at on you tube is Pat Condell, not so much a comedian as an irreverent polemicist , but he hits the targets with such a precision,he could  take out a hypocrite with an adjective at 500 paces.

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #8 - April 25, 2009, 04:28 PM

Greetings

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #9 - April 25, 2009, 04:36 PM

Hi Ribs - I am with you on all religions being BS - it surprises me that religious people have the arrogance to believe their God is the one and only true one, and everyone else's is make believe.  When you consider the hundreds of Gods that have existed, what makes them so sure? 

How did you avoid the trap of religion - were you're parents not really believers too?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - April 25, 2009, 04:42 PM

Another guy you might want to look at on you tube is Pat Condell

Hello Kaffir, I love Pat Condell, he is very good indeed. I have just mentioned him in my previous reply to Allat. Thanks!

Reply #11 - April 25, 2009, 04:48 PM

Note to self : Read all posts before replying  oops

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #12 - April 25, 2009, 04:54 PM

Welcome Ribs! Your avatar and caption are hilarious:

"God could be a pussy"

Cheesy

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #13 - April 25, 2009, 04:55 PM

Rofl. Damn those unread posts. Grin

Hiya RIBS. First question: do you come with your own sauce? Yummy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #14 - April 25, 2009, 05:22 PM

it surprises me that religious people have the arrogance to believe their God is the one and only true one, and everyone else's is make believe.  When you consider the hundreds of Gods that have existed, what makes them so sure? 

Exactly. That is the point!!!

I saw a nice video on You Tube the other day titled: I've Converted To EVERY Religion (Just In Case). And the guy on the video was mocking all religions without being offensive (I guess) and it made sense! If you are so afraid that there is heaven and hell, then you should believe in every religion!!!

I myself would be very afraid from the SUN if it tuns out to be the true God... as our early ancestors thought when they worshiped it long long time ago. At least it is very scary and can burn... I mean really burn.... and what is more? I know it exists because I see it everyday!!

How did you avoid the trap of religion - were you're parents not really believers too?

No may parents are very Muslims actually.... I started thinking on my own. I just could not comprehend the fact that God created us then abandoned us.... I thought to myself, if (hypothetically) my parents gave me away for adoption or just left me in front of a mosques door when I was a little baby and abandoned me, then I would not want to know them at all and would not wish to meet them let alone worship them. If God created us then why on earth would he leave us struggle on our own and let our weak die from weakness and our poor suffer from starvation and our sick be in pain from illness and so on and so on!!!

If there was really a god, I thought to myself, he or she (or it, more appropriately) would not just send some people (the prophets) to let us know it's existence, but would rather show itself and its power just as he did to Moses (that is if I could buy the story in the first place).

The thing about me questioning the whole story, actually made me sleep better. I no longer afraid of the great fire in hell. Not that I have many sins to worry about, but you know hoe religion makes everything you do or think of doing is a sin and bad that deserves burning in hell for it.  dance Yes I sleep better as a huge heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulder. I work better and enjoy life better knowing that once I am dead that is it.... No more! so why waste it in preparing for next eternity.

Heaven is on earth, and Hell is also on earth... So I guess we should live as if we are in Heaven!! parrot bunny dance

And what about you guys? How did you figure it out?Huh??

Reply #15 - April 25, 2009, 05:24 PM

Hiya RIBS. First question: do you come with your own sauce? Yummy

BBQ souce... I guess! My fav... No I am hungry!

Reply #16 - April 25, 2009, 05:51 PM

Welcome.  I love your avatar. Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #17 - April 25, 2009, 05:57 PM

it surprises me that religious people have the arrogance to believe their God is the one and only true one, and everyone else's is make believe.  When you consider the hundreds of Gods that have existed, what makes them so sure? 

Exactly. That is the point!!!

I saw a nice video on You Tube the other day titled: I've Converted To EVERY Religion (Just In Case). And the guy on the video was mocking all religions without being offensive (I guess) and it made sense! If you are so afraid that there is heaven and hell, then you should believe in every religion!!!

I myself would be very afraid from the SUN if it tuns out to be the true God... as our early ancestors thought when they worshiped it long long time ago. At least it is very scary and can burn... I mean really burn.... and what is more? I know it exists because I see it everyday!!

No may parents are very Muslims actually.... I started thinking on my own. I just could not comprehend the fact that God created us then abandoned us.... I thought to myself, if (hypothetically) my parents gave me away for adoption or just left me in front of a mosques door when I was a little baby and abandoned me, then I would not want to know them at all and would not wish to meet them let alone worship them. If God created us then why on earth would he leave us struggle on our own and let our weak die from weakness and our poor suffer from starvation and our sick be in pain from illness and so on and so on!!!

If there was really a god, I thought to myself, he or she (or it, more appropriately) would not just send some people (the prophets) to let us know it's existence, but would rather show itself and its power just as he did to Moses (that is if I could buy the story in the first place).

The thing about me questioning the whole story, actually made me sleep better. I no longer afraid of the great fire in hell. Not that I have many sins to worry about, but you know hoe religion makes everything you do or think of doing is a sin and bad that deserves burning in hell for it.  dance Yes I sleep better as a huge heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulder. I work better and enjoy life better knowing that once I am dead that is it.... No more! so why waste it in preparing for next eternity.

Heaven is on earth, and Hell is also on earth... So I guess we should live as if we are in Heaven!! parrot bunny dance

And what about you guys? How did you figure it out?Huh??

Spot on, you nailed it for me so cant really add to that! Breaking religion down to the words of the Quran added weight to my arguments, but it was not the primary reason behind my questioning either.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - April 26, 2009, 04:45 AM

I forgot to mention one very important Straw that broke my camel's back and got my engine of skepticism running....

the one and only::::: the head of all loop-holes::::: the most inhumane thing humans can do to one another and especially to their (presumably) loved ones::::: please let me borrow again from George Carlin here..... "you have to stand in awe, in awe,.." of the most horrible crimes of major brain-washing religions (Namely Islam, Christianity and Judaism)... the one and only-----> CIRCUMCISION!!!!!

I myself am of course circumcised, this is the only one thing that made me uneasy about my parents... I wish they had waited until I am 18, so that i can decide for myself. They just did it::: snip snip... ouch ouch!!! and that was it... (I don't hate them now... because they were not their-selves, they were brain-washed, or as I like to call it,... they were actually UNDER-THE-INFLUENCE) Wink

Well... about 20 years later from that [snip snip... ouch ouch!!]   I thought to myself.... "if I ever get married and have sons (I am grateful that from where I come from, only sons are mutilated, girls were safe. They have the Hijab to worry about instead)... Yes, I thought to my-self that I will never let my sons be molested and tourtured... of course it is molestation, to let a perverted total stranger (a sadistic religion-man or a failure of a false-doctor) touch their genitals and not only touch them but inflict pain as well???".... so I decided that I will never let that happen what ever the consequences.

Now I am so glad and proud of my self because I have 4 sons and none of them were touched by an Under-the-influence psycho with a pair of scissors...

The funny thing is that although I am still struggling to convince people around me (friends and relatives) that mutilation of babies is wrong. I manage to win the battle of discussions with them or at least this is how I feel.

How I win?Huh?    Very simple.... I always tell them that I am obviously more Muslim and a believer than they are... because I think that God is perfect and he (or she!! or it) has created us in the perfect and complete form, and by cutting a piece of my sons penises I am simply saying to God: "HEY GOD.... WAIT A MINUTE, YOU HAVE SOME DESIGN ERROR HERE, IN THE BELOW THE BELLY-BUTTON DEPARTMENT.... LET ME CORRECT IT FOR YOU.... SNIP SNIP... THERE YOU GO... NO YOUR CREATION IS COMPLETE, DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME!!!"...  I actually say that... This is how I always make them stop nagging and change the subject. Actually after I say this they are always the ones who are eager to change the subject..., most of the time they will say: wow it is hot today, what is the temperature again? dance

Mind you, this is not that whole reason, but I just think that it is one of the most annoying reasons for me to call it a day for religion altogether...

Reply #19 - April 26, 2009, 12:07 PM

signwelcome RIBS!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #20 - April 26, 2009, 12:37 PM

Welcome RIBS!
    I must say you express my own views quite well  Afro

I've always found circumcision to be a strange thing, and the same argument you pointed out also applies to strange "laws from GOD" like the removal of pubic hair and armpit hair. Why were we created with physical imperfections by a perfect God? Well, I guess to "test" us would be the religious response.  Roll Eyes

Never mind other ACTUAL health problems inherent to our bodies that God never helped us correct- to my knowledge, God never taught any Prophet the procedure to remove an appendix (which is useless yet deathly) or a wisdom tooth. Poor humans had to figure those out on our own.
    Or maybe the good doctors that come up with life-saving discoveries are just being "inspired" by God? Thinking hard

After all, when the Pope survived an assassination attempt in 1981 he attributed his survival to the intervention of the Virgin... never mind he team of surgeons who operated on him for six hours.

"when you've got thousands of hadith/sunnah and a book like the Qur'an where abrogation is propagated by some; anyone with a grudge and some time on their hands can find something to confirm what ever they wish"- Kaiwai
     Reply #21 - April 26, 2009, 04:46 PM

God never taught any Prophet the procedure to remove an appendix

LOL... Never thought of that before....    thnkyu   Thank you, now I can add that to my defence against genital mutilations of poor babies!!! far away hug

when the Pope survived an assassination attempt in 1981 he attributed his survival to the intervention of the Virgin... never mind he team of surgeons who operated on him for six hours.

LMAO  Cheesy this one is hilarious too  yes

Reply #22 - April 26, 2009, 05:10 PM

hahah always glad to help with the "defence against genital mutilations of poor babies"  Wink
    all the best on your efforts!

"when you've got thousands of hadith/sunnah and a book like the Qur'an where abrogation is propagated by some; anyone with a grudge and some time on their hands can find something to confirm what ever they wish"- Kaiwai
     Reply #23 - April 27, 2009, 05:57 AM

After all, when the Pope survived an assassination attempt in 1981 he attributed his survival to the intervention of the Virgin... never mind the team of surgeons who operated on him for six hours.

That was a prize display of stupidity on the Pope's behalf. I reckon the surgeons should have sent him a letter saying "Next time you get shot we'll let Mary take care of it."   dance

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #24 - April 28, 2009, 03:49 PM

After all, when the Pope survived an assassination attempt in 1981 he attributed his survival to the intervention of the Virgin... never mind the team of surgeons who operated on him for six hours.

That was a prize display of stupidity on the Pope's behalf. I reckon the surgeons should have sent him a letter saying "Next time you get shot we'll let Mary take care of it."   dance

Cheesy  dance Afro Lmao

Reply #25 - April 28, 2009, 05:04 PM

Welcome Ribs!

I like your sense of humour, and like you I too am a big fan of Billy Connolly & Eddy Izzard.  George Carlin was a bit before my time as well but what I have seen of him on TV is brilliant!  sloshed

I look forward to your posts.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #26 - April 28, 2009, 05:59 PM

Welcome Ribs!

I like your sense of humour, and like you I too am a big fan of Billy Connolly & Eddy Izzard.  George Carlin was a bit before my time as well but what I have seen of him on TV is brilliant!  sloshed

I look forward to your posts.

Hello Nour, and yeah you're right what a shame I discovered Carlin's material on You Tube just few weeks ago. I watched almost each and every clip he has on the web, and if he was still around and doing shows, I would have done the impossible to go and see him in a gig!!! He is very different from other comedians.

Thanks for welcoming me! far away hug Me 2 I look forward to your posts!!

Reply #27 - January 31, 2012, 10:05 AM

grin12 hi and welcome RIBS ...

whistling2 i have way too much on my hands, i know..
     Reply #28 - January 31, 2012, 10:22 AM

That's an internet crime ness!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »