Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: New Research Demolishes Evolution by Harun Yahya

(Read 10413 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New Research Demolishes Evolution by Harun Yahya
     OP - April 22, 2009, 01:42 PM

I bought this book recently entitled, "New Research Demolishes Evolution" by Harun Yahya. It is one of the worst, most badly researched, arrogant and condescending books I have ever read.

Just look at the title!
    New Research Demolishes Evolution

If this new research has demolished evolution as is claimed, why is it for sale for ?1.50 in an Islamic bookshop and why is it not being published in the top scientific journals?!

It states that Charles Darwin was not very knowledgable about Biology because he did not have a formal education in Biology (says Harun Yahya who has a degree in Fine Arts) and even claims that Charles Darwin doubted the theory of evolution.

He states that mutations are only harmful and there are no beneficial mutations, even though beneficial mutations can be seen in modern times. Some humans have developed a resistance to HIV through mutation.

He also states that proponents of evolution are dishonest and are purposefully trying to deceive people with evolution and the overwhelming evidence is for intelligent design. Which leads me to my next question.

If the overwhelming evidence is for intelligent design, what would the scientists have to gain from deceiving people with evolution? The scientists who believe in religion would have evidence to support the claims of their sacred scriptures and the atheist scientists would have nothing to lose as they would just be displaying the facts of their findings.

A very poorly written book by a man who has very little knowledge of biology in general and evolutionary biology in particular and is motivated by religion.

PS I HATE HARUN YAHYA!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Re: New Research Demolishes Evolution by Harun Yahya
     Reply #1 - April 22, 2009, 02:13 PM

Harun who? Grin

Yes, he's notorious for writing poorly "researched" books on evolution. He has no idea about the topic, which is what makes him such an expert on it in his eyes. It's easy to be 100% right when you don't have any awareness of your errors.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - April 22, 2009, 06:24 PM

Harun who? Grin

Yes, he's notorious for writing poorly "researched" books on evolution. He has no idea about the topic, which is what makes him such an expert on it in his eyes. It's easy to be 100% right when you don't have any awareness of your errors.

I don't think he cares what we Westerners think.  Look at it from the standpoint of the intended audience:  A bunch of poorly educated, brainwashed rubes who have been conditioned since birth to swallow whole any pronouncement coming from any person with an "islamic degree".

Reply #3 - May 02, 2009, 09:51 PM

And to think I was taking this guy seriously for a time when I knew nothing about Evolution and merely though quoting Quran + Hadith was enough  wacko

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #4 - May 07, 2009, 07:16 AM

Dr. Richard Dawkins is not a Biologist.

He is Zoologist.

This is applied science of describing animals and their habitats.

What would any zoologist know about mircobiology of Genetics and their mutations.

They should stick to the zoos.

Richard Dawkins was cornered on BBC by Jeremy Paxman. During the interview Dawkins admitted that after all there is chance God might exit.

The Professor's admirers are said to be highly embarrassed.

truthful person never fears debates: http://omrow.blogspot.com/
     Reply #5 - May 07, 2009, 07:19 AM

Why would that embarrass anyone?  a smart person knows they can not say without reservation that there is no god, they can only say there is a slim possibility that there might be a god, but that the evidence points to it all being bullshit anyway.

I certainly didn't think less of dawkins for saying that, if anything it merely adds to his appearence of intelligence.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #6 - May 07, 2009, 07:21 AM

+1 he does not make claims like he is 100% sure god does not exist, like Muslims make 100% claim that Islam is tru & Allah 100% exists.  Can I ask you what percentage you are sure of Islam & Allah?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - May 07, 2009, 07:41 AM

I think its not just muslims who are certian about God. If you ask around you will find that people of other religions also are very sure about God.

I speak to people of all sorts of backgrounds who study at the university. Even thinkers who are outside of religion, such as philosophers, some of them are also certain about God. They too are completely convinced.

Reply #8 - May 07, 2009, 07:44 AM

He is Zoologist.

What would any zoologist know about mircobiology of Genetics and their mutations.

I know something about punctuation. You should always finish a question with a question mark. Sheesh, you want to be the head of the student union? Don't they teach kids English these days?

As it so happens Dawkins does know quite a lot about microbiology and genetics and mutation. If you had read any of his books and understood them you would now know something about these topics yourself.

Their should stick to zoos.

I think you mean "They".  Tongue

Richard Dawkins was cornered on BBC by Jeremy Paxman. During the interview Dawkins admitted that after all there is chance God might exit.

Not at all. Dawkins has been quite clear about this for ages. He rates himself 6 out of 7 on his personal atheist scale. He's not stupid enough to think that he can conclusively prove a negative. Never has been.

Reply #9 - May 07, 2009, 07:47 AM

I think its not just muslims who are certian about God. If you ask around you will find that people of other religions also are very sure about God.

I speak to people of all sorts of backgrounds who study at the university. Even thinkers who are outside of religion, such as philosophers, some of them are also certain about God. They too are completely convinced.

Well in that case then...............I am still not convinced.  Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #10 - May 07, 2009, 09:19 AM

Yes it's true. Evolution has been demolished.

Intelegunt desine has won out in the end.

Here is the official scientists' press conference conceding defeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6arhd4Kq1cI&feature=channel_page

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #11 - May 07, 2009, 09:44 AM

Evolution does not need to be demolished.

Even its ardent exponents themselves do not present it as a fact.

It has shakey foundations. No need to bring it down.

Reply #12 - May 07, 2009, 09:53 AM

Evolution does not need to be demolished.

Even its ardent exponents themselves do not present it as a fact.

It has shakey foundations. No need to bring it down.

What do they present it as? A 'THEORY'?

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #13 - May 07, 2009, 09:57 AM

They do not present it as a fact.

Because they are honest.

Deluded but honest.

Reply #14 - May 07, 2009, 10:11 AM

You said they don't present it as a 'Fact'. So what do they present it as, if they are being honest? A lie?

Can you give an example of how they present it?

Reply #15 - May 07, 2009, 10:16 AM

I said they are honest and, therefore, they do not present it as a fact.

They know that Evolution is not yet a fact.

They present it as a hypothesis.

In the university we are taught that a hypothesis can in the future turn out to be true, or, it can turn out to be wrong.

Reply #16 - May 07, 2009, 11:02 AM

Details may still be at the hypothetical stage, but evolution from  Adam & Eve has been discounted, in favour of some other organism to monkeys to us.

As far as I know evolution is presented as a scientific fact and the world is much older than the scriptures have proved, that is also a scientific fact - are you disputing both these points - Yes or No?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - May 07, 2009, 11:30 AM

Rayback,  do they teach you that evolution is presented as a hypothesis and  not a fact at your Uni?  And if yes, which university do you go to?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #18 - May 07, 2009, 12:07 PM

Do you accept modern science over & above 7th century supernatural doctrine  Huh?

When was the last time you bought fly's wings & camel's urine from the pharmacist  Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - May 07, 2009, 12:15 PM

If you take for granted:

the axioms of probability
    genetics
    random mutations
    natural selection

Then evolution is a mathematically demonstrated fact

And its computer science equivalent has been employed for a while as a way to search valid solutions to complex problems in enormous keyspaces:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_computation

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #20 - May 07, 2009, 02:43 PM

He is Zoologist.

They should stick to the zoos.

Hi Rayback, you're new since I last prowled here. welcome to the broth. Keep stirring. Nice to see a new and enquiring mind in the process of formation (otherwise you wouldn't be here).
    Richard Dawkins embarrasses no one except his critics. his supporters stand four-square behind him and applaud his objective fairness.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcvJ6oPpWk

You're obviously not a scientist, are you, and yet you seek to comment on aspects of science, particularly Zoology and Micro-biology. You don't seem to know how the scientific method works or even how anyone with half a mind might acquire bone-fide scientific knowledge (ie That which has been scientifically tested and peer reviewed) by reading and discussion of the requisite papers and with involved individuals.
     It takes a little bit more than the vested utterance of a high ranking scientist to establish a scientific fact (unlike a high ranking religious potentate of course).
    Zoology is a lot wider than the narrow defn. you have given and, for the record, all Zoology courses contain or demand some precursor microbiology courses so that every zoologist, even quite ill-read ones like myself, know something more than the Average Joe about micro-biology.
    As for the Paxman interview - You'd have to have a religious agendum to stretch if you imagined that Paxman 'cornered' Dawkins at all. It looks like a very fair interview to me and, as you'd expect, Dawkins, being the objective scientist he is, leaves open the possibility that, someday, someone might do some peer-reviewed experimentation that might lead to a theory that some overarching deity might exist (no one's done it since humans evolved 'consciousness' several thousand years ago, so don't hold your breath).
    Evolution is an accepted fact and has been for over a hundred years: it is Darwinian evolution, ie, by natural selection acting on random mutations, that was in doubt. Anyone following the scientific arguments and debates over recent decades will know that the problems inherent in that, acknowledged by Darwin himself at the time he published 'Origins..', have been largely overcome.
    So be aware! You will discover that religion closes all doors except one and science chooses to look inside every one.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #21 - May 07, 2009, 05:25 PM

Rayback,  do they teach you that evolution is presented as a hypothesis and  not a fact at your Uni?  And if yes, which university do you go to?

He Goes to Al Azhar I think.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #22 - May 07, 2009, 05:36 PM

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - May 07, 2009, 05:59 PM

He Goes to Al Azhar I think.

Now that's a world-class belief-tank and echo chamber.  Roll Eyes

I wonder if they have scholarly exchanges with the Institute for Creation Research?
     Reply #24 - May 08, 2009, 08:18 AM

All the books I have seen when I was collage and now at the University speak about the "Theory of Evolution".

Even after hundred years, no text book issued by our government says "The Fact of Evolution"

It makes you wonder.

Reply #25 - May 08, 2009, 08:45 AM

No it doesn't, unless you have absolutely no understanding of the terminology. A lot of people don't. They don't want to understand either. This has been publicly explained so many times over the past few decades.

Reply #26 - May 08, 2009, 09:16 AM

All the books I have seen when I was collage and now at the University speak about the "Theory of Evolution".

Even after hundred years, no text book issued by our government says "The Fact of Evolution"

It makes you wonder.

There is no such thing as "the fact of gravity" either. Makes you wonder!

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #27 - May 08, 2009, 09:29 AM

Or the "Fact of Relativity" for that matter.

Reply #28 - May 09, 2009, 08:35 AM

It makes you wonder.

Your post demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of terms used in scientific debate. But never mind. I guess it's not your fault you watch Zakir Naik videos and believe everything they say without question.

What's your view on the "Atomic Theory"? Fact or theory?
     Reply #29 - May 09, 2009, 08:43 AM

If you are incapable of seeing a difference between "Theory" and "Fact", then even the most wisest being in the universe can't help you.

Your brain is done.

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »