Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Abrogation in the Quran

(Read 12796 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Abrogation in the Quran
     Reply #30 - April 05, 2009, 05:45 AM

Well fancy that. Are you going to start wondering why this is, and perhaps asking some questions and listening to the answers?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #31 - April 05, 2009, 06:05 AM

I would expect ex-Muslims would support me, because they have been through the Hell of Muslim society, psychology and culture.  Instead, I get this very strange flack here from some ex-Muslims who want to defend the monsters they have escaped from.  Very peculiar.

Some of us have been through Hell of Islam, but we still care for our family members and wouldn't condone their mass deportation. Cheetah has already clarified it quite well, if only you bothered to actually read her response.
     Reply #32 - April 05, 2009, 07:02 AM

Fascinating:  a subculture of anti-Islam ex-Muslims who deride and denigrate Jihad Watch.  I really had no idea this subculture existed prior to a couple of weeks ago when I joined this forum.  The only question now is how significant a population this actually is in numbers. 

I think this population will be pretty big, it would probably emcompass the vast majority of ex Muslims. But the other type of ex Muslims who've thrown in their lot with Robert Spencer exist too, you can find some of them here, more at Faith Freedom.

I would expect ex-Muslims would support me, because they have been through the Hell of Muslim society, psychology and culture.  Instead, I get this very strange flack here from some ex-Muslims who want to defend the monsters they have escaped from.  Very peculiar.

Thats' just it Hesperado, most ex Muslims (or nominal, cultural Muslims like my mom) haven't been through any Hell of Muslim society, psychology & culture-at least most ex Muslims here haven't. Most of these ex Muslims' families & parents know about their apostasy and are perfectly fine with it, many have made You Tube videos announcing their apostasy & criticising their former faith & haven't survived murder attempts by fanatic Muslims, some are happily dating non Muslims-overall they come from loving balanced families who continue to love & support them despite their apostasy. Naturally, they return this love.

In such a scenario, your agenda of deporting all Muslims from the West is unlikely to find huge support here, because ex Muslims here are very close to their still Muslim families.

Perhaps you should hunt for shelters for Muslim apostates who's families have tried to murder them for quitting Islam & they're  Terror couch from their families & believe every Muslim is like their family members & would want them deported. You're likely to find  support for your views amongst such ex Muslims.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #33 - April 05, 2009, 07:48 AM

What makes you so controversial here is your suggestion of deporting all Muslims, which would of course amount to the deportation of all people of Muslim background, regardless of individual faith or political views. Apart from that, and maybe your language at times, none of your ideas are new or controversial. There is no anti-American or anti-Zionist consensus in the forums.

Personally I don't accept the "we still love our families" argument because I find it too subjective and precarious to be universal. That would suggest that ex-Muslim sympathies should belong to Muslims when, ethically, it should not. I am very critical of Muslims in general, but I may still defend Muslims when their fundamental rights as human beings are violated. Mass-deportation of any ethnic or religious group is inhumane, doomed to violate the human rights of the relevant group in some way or another.

Mass-deportation and genocide are intertwined phenomena. It is no accident that the Armenian Genocide was carried under the pretences of, and in synchrony with, a massive campaign of mass-deportation. 

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #34 - April 05, 2009, 08:01 AM

What makes you so controversial here is your suggestion of deporting all Muslims, which would of course amount to the deportation of all people of Muslim background, regardless of individual faith or political views. Apart from that, and maybe your language at times, none of your ideas are new or controversial. There is no anti-American or anti-Zionist consensus in the forums.

Personally I don't accept the "we still love our families" argument because I find it too subjective and precarious to be universal. That would suggest that ex-Muslim sympathies should belong to Muslims when, ethically, it should not. I am very critical of Muslims in general, but I may still defend Muslims when their fundamental rights as human beings are violated. Mass-deportation of any ethnic or religious group is inhumane, doomed to violate the human rights of the relevant group in some way or another.

Mass-deportation and genocide are intertwined phenomena. It is no accident that the Armenian Genocide was carried under the pretences of, and in synchrony with, a massive campaign of mass-deportation. 

That was very eloquently put, Zaephon.  Afro

I've been lacking in eloquence for a while in my posts.
     Reply #35 - April 05, 2009, 08:12 AM

Zaephon is    eloquent, very eloquent.  Afro

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #36 - April 05, 2009, 08:31 AM

And so are you, Rashna!

I miss my English Lit and History days when I had the motivation to structure debates.
     Reply #37 - April 05, 2009, 12:45 PM

And so are you, Rashna!

Thanks heartbomb!  Smiley Has anyone noticed that many threads seem to go way off topic  in recent days? Like this one, we seemed to go from Abrogation to Nigeria. 

Reply #38 - April 05, 2009, 02:09 PM

Thanks heartbomb!  Smiley Has anyone noticed that many threads seem to go way off topic  in recent days? Like this one, we seemed to go from Abrogation to Nigeria. 

Just like any normal conversation

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #39 - April 05, 2009, 03:03 PM

far away hug

Reply #40 - April 05, 2009, 03:37 PM

far away hug

No hugs for me?  Cry
     Reply #41 - April 05, 2009, 04:16 PM

No hugs for me?  Cry

I knew I forgot something.   banghead

far away hug

Reply #42 - April 05, 2009, 06:36 PM

marleya wrote:

"I dont know during wich situasion,this vers was necessery,but it can not be applied today.In any situation!"

marleya here is apparently explicitly saying that there is no situation to justify the verse Rashna quoted from the Koran (9:5).

However, perhaps marleya has not thought this through:  What about the following two situations (closely related to each other in some minds like, oh for example to pick a name out of a turban, Ibn Kathir):

1) the situation where non-Muslims are attacking Muslims

2) the situation where non-Muslims who enjoy more geopolitical power are interfering with Muslim societies and applying various sorts of pressure and cultural seductions that have the effect of inhibiting, or corrupting, the practice of Islam among many Muslims.

Would not either, or both, of these situations justify verse 9:5 ?

The vers from medina,came in a time of war for the muslims.When they were few,and allowed to fight,against others,to wait in ambush,but only on the battlefield.The ones that should be fought,are other soldiers,not non beliving sivilians.

They can not be applied,in our time.

The verses came to the Prophet over 23 years,and some of them dealing,only with his time.The rights were innvoked later,and aggression is transgression.

Hesperando,I can not relate to you at all,after your collateral damage speach.I have met people like you,you are sitting in the same three as the extreme you say you fight against.I fear you and yours,as I fear fanatic religious people,all of you speak hate and violence,and force,and suffering.

Nothing I have a liking in.
     Reply #43 - April 06, 2009, 12:48 AM

No hugs for me?  Cry

I knew I forgot something.   banghead

far away hug

That's better  dance
     Reply #44 - April 06, 2009, 08:28 AM

If Islam was indeed a faith preaching endless peace which had unfortunately been hijacked by extremists-then Islamic texts & Muhammad's conduct could well be the linchpin on which an Islamic reformation would be based.

As it happens-the Quran in the beginning preaches Hellfire for "unbelievers" but does not prescribe any earthly punishment for them. The later Surahs are however, utterly belligerent, preaching death to Jews, idolaters, disbelievers with recommendations of how to annihilate them. And contrary to Muslim beliefs-these rights were not revoked later In hadith collections, jihad means armed action; for example, the 199 references to jihad in the most standard collection of hadith, Sahih al-Bukhari, all assume that jihad means warfare.

And the views of the Quran aloners is theologically shallow-not only because the Quran on practically every page teaches believers to despise unbelievers, all the later verses sow the seeds of conflicts with idolaters\Jews etc, but also because the Quran itself would be impossible to understand without the Hadiths. Verses of contradictory nature-some prescribing no earthly punishment for disbelief & others urging violence on unbelievers appear in the Quran.

To clarify the circumstances when these two types of verses were revealed, we need to consult the Hadiths-where we find out about the situation in Mecca & Prophet Muhammad's wars. Mecca, as we see even from Islamic sources, was an extremely religiously tolerant place- conversions to other faiths were allowed & Jews lived in absolute equality with pagans. Muhammad's first wife Khadija's Uncle Waraqa ibn Nawfal & Muhammad's cousin Ubaydallah Ibn Jahsh had both converted to Christianity, without any pagan persecution. Jewish halacha which said that a child born to a Jewish mom would be a Jew was respected-which is how Kaab ibn al Ashraf, the son of a Jewish mom & pagan dad became a Jew. We also learn that the area around the kaaba housed 360 idols. The legacy of Muhammad was clearing the Arabian peninsula of these other faiths, a legacy which still endures as no Church, let alone synagogue or temple is allowed to be constructed on Saudi soil.

Yet after Muhammad arrived on the scene, he demanded that Jews & Christians pay jizya tax or convert to Islam, while the only option given to pagans was conversion or death. Muhammad annihilated an entire Jewish tribe, destroyed the pagan idols' & threatened to kill those who came out to protect their idols.

If left with the Quran only-we come across two contradictory types of verses- one proclaims "There is no compulsion in religion" while another proclaims "Smite at their necks". Islam is so problematic precisely because it allows for such a multitude of interpretations, with no way to establish the primacy of one over another, except through Hadiths & abrogation, which automatically turns Islam into a violent faith.

After consulting the hadiths & sira for clarification however, we learn the circumstances of the conversion of the Arabian peninsula to Islam. We learn how Muhammad had converted the polytheists by iconoclasm & threats, demanded Jews accept him as Messiah & annihilated a Jewish tribe & it becomes clear that the interpretation of violence to enforce Islam on people, or keep them subjugated as Dhimmis is more correct textually.  mysmilie_977

Reply #45 - April 06, 2009, 10:13 AM

Brilliantly indepth analysis!

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #46 - April 08, 2009, 12:35 AM

If Islam was indeed a faith preaching endless peace which had unfortunately been hijacked by extremists-then Islamic texts & Muhammad's conduct could well be the linchpin on which an Islamic reformation would be based.

As it happens-the Quran in the beginning preaches Hellfire for "unbelievers" but does not prescribe any earthly punishment for them. The later Surahs are however, utterly belligerent, preaching death to Jews, idolaters, disbelievers with recommendations of how to annihilate them. And contrary to Muslim beliefs-these rights were not revoked later In hadith collections, jihad means armed action; for example, the 199 references to jihad in the most standard collection of hadith, Sahih al-Bukhari, all assume that jihad means warfare.

And the views of the Quran aloners is theologically shallow-not only because the Quran on practically every page teaches believers to despise unbelievers, all the later verses sow the seeds of conflicts with idolaters\Jews etc, but also because the Quran itself would be impossible to understand without the Hadiths. Verses of contradictory nature-some prescribing no earthly punishment for disbelief & others urging violence on unbelievers appear in the Quran.

To clarify the circumstances when these two types of verses were revealed, we need to consult the Hadiths-where we find out about the situation in Mecca & Prophet Muhammad's wars. Mecca, as we see even from Islamic sources, was an extremely religiously tolerant place- conversions to other faiths were allowed & Jews lived in absolute equality with pagans. Muhammad's first wife Khadija's Uncle Waraqa ibn Nawfal & Muhammad's cousin Ubaydallah Ibn Jahsh had both converted to Christianity, without any pagan persecution. Jewish halacha which said that a child born to a Jewish mom would be a Jew was respected-which is how Kaab ibn al Ashraf, the son of a Jewish mom & pagan dad became a Jew. We also learn that the area around the kaaba housed 360 idols. The legacy of Muhammad was clearing the Arabian peninsula of these other faiths, a legacy which still endures as no Church, let alone synagogue or temple is allowed to be constructed on Saudi soil.

Yet after Muhammad arrived on the scene, he demanded that Jews & Christians pay jizya tax or convert to Islam, while the only option given to pagans was conversion or death. Muhammad annihilated an entire Jewish tribe, destroyed the pagan idols' & threatened to kill those who came out to protect their idols.

If left with the Quran only-we come across two contradictory types of verses- one proclaims "There is no compulsion in religion" while another proclaims "Smite at their necks". Islam is so problematic precisely because it allows for such a multitude of interpretations, with no way to establish the primacy of one over another, except through Hadiths & abrogation, which automatically turns Islam into a violent faith.

After consulting the hadiths & sira for clarification however, we learn the circumstances of the conversion of the Arabian peninsula to Islam. We learn how Muhammad had converted the polytheists by iconoclasm & threats, demanded Jews accept him as Messiah & annihilated a Jewish tribe & it becomes clear that the interpretation of violence to enforce Islam on people, or keep them subjugated as Dhimmis is more correct textually.  mysmilie_977

Greetings Rashna!

You write very good posts Rashna,and I like reading them.

It is not so easy for me,to come up with answers,that will sooth your mind.I wish I could though.Come with some heavy answers,that you may reflect on,and see that there is a chance there is more than one side,to the Quran,than yours only.

"No true muslim have ever belived that Islam should be spread by the sword.Islam has alwaysed been spread by its inner qualities.Those who want to use the sword to spread Islam,does not know the inner qualities of Islam,and their behavour is like vild animals"

Mirza Ghulam,en amhadiya muslim,said this,and I think he is right.They are also looked upon as kafirs,and get killed around in the muslim world,for being ahmadia muslim.

The muslims were asked to take up sword,in the beginning in selfdefence,from the enemies of Islam,to install peace and safety.The purpose of the sword,was not to use it as a mean for force in religious questions or to control the hole world by the sword.

I am not so sure that the unbelivers,in the quran,is ordinary people who just dont belive in God,or stopped beliving in him,I think that the unbelivers,are the ones plotting against human beings interests in this world.Greed,for example,must be a trait of an unbeliver.People against other peoples skincolour,is an unbeliver.

God say in the Quran,that the spendthrifters are brothers of Satan,and then look at Saudia,the holiest country in Islam,are they not spendthrifters,the king and his alike?They are hypocrits,unbelivers.

I dont think it is you Rashna,God promise hellfire.The unbelivers has certain features,and peace and harmony among people of all nations,is not one of them.A typical ordinary unbeliver is Hesperando.One that spread hate and suffering to other humans.

"My dear ones.The way to support faith is very different.
     Not to draw sword,everytime someones disagree!
     Why do you need the sword to protect your faith?
     What live on bloodshed can not be faith!"

Reply #47 - April 08, 2009, 03:44 AM

"No true muslim have ever belived that Islam should be spread by the sword.Islam has alwaysed been spread by its inner qualities.Those who want to use the sword to spread Islam,does not know the inner qualities of Islam,and their behavour is like vild animals"

Mirza Ghulam,en amhadiya muslim,said this,and I think he is right.They are also looked upon as kafirs,and get killed around in the muslim world,for being ahmadia muslim.

You started with a well known logical fallacy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman  whistling2

The muslims were asked to take up sword,in the beginning in selfdefence,from the enemies of Islam,to install peace and safety.The purpose of the sword,was not to use it as a mean for force in religious questions or to control the hole world by the sword.

The Islamic texts themselves seem to say otherwise, or at least a lot of them do. Also, please explain how murdering poets installs peace and safety. Kthnx.

I am not so sure that the unbelivers,in the quran,is ordinary people who just dont belive in God,or stopped beliving in him,I think that the unbelivers,are the ones plotting against human beings interests in this world.Greed,for example,must be a trait of an unbeliver.People against other peoples skincolour,is an unbeliver.

You are making unsupported assertions here. There is nothing in the Quran to indicate that this is the case, and everything to indicate that it is just referring to people who don't believe in Islam. Look at the Quranic ranting against polytheists. No mention is made of individual greed. Look at the hadith where Mohammed compares a black man to a demon. Who is against other people's skin colour there?

I dont think it is you Rashna,God promise hellfire.The unbelivers has certain features,and peace and harmony among people of all nations,is not one of them.A typical ordinary unbeliver is Hesperando.One that spread hate and suffering to other humans.

No, Hesperado is not a typical unbeliever. I am. Rashna is. So are a lot of other people here.

Reply #48 - April 08, 2009, 04:01 AM

God say in the Quran,that the spendthrifters are brothers of Satan,and then look at Saudia,the holiest country in Islam,are they not spendthrifters,the king and his alike?They are hypocrits,unbelivers.

Being from the Ahmaddiya sect originally, I do believe Ahmaddiyat is peaceful. But that does not mean it qualifies enough to satisfy the scientific theories. Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad did say that, but I don't agree with him. Islamic history itself is filled with violence and aggression, so the interpretation of a 'true Muslim' being peaceful is a bit wonky. The definition of 'Muslim' has become so subjective that has caused the division amongst so many sects in Islam.

The second point that you made that I found interesting was the interpretation of what a non-believer is. A non-believer is, strictly speaking, one who does not believe in god (Allah). Nowhere in the teachings of Islam does it state that a non-believer is anything other than that, and common sense prevails. It does not state that a non-believer is SPECIFICALLY someone who doesn't believe in god AND spreads hate. That's a bigot.

I'm a non-believer, and I am peaceful. However, according to the guidelines set out in the Quran, I'm a kufr. The Quran states:

[2:12] And when it is said to them: ?Create not disorder on the earth,? they say: ?We are only promoters of peace.?
    [2:13] Beware! it is surely they who create disorder, but they do not perceive it.

So according to that, I am creating disorder on earth but I just don't perceive it, which IMO is utter bullcrap.
     Reply #49 - April 08, 2009, 06:12 AM

It is not so easy for me,to come up with answers,that will sooth your mind.I wish I could though.Come with some heavy answers,that you may reflect on,and see that there is a chance there is more than one side,to the Quran,than yours only.

Thank you for your answer marleya! While I do not always agree, I think you are a very good person, many Muslims are very good people & good & bad people are to be found in all faiths as well as no faith. Of course it might be probable that I am prejudiced regarding some aspects of the Quran-we're all biased & suffer from a tunnel vision to greater or lesser extents.

Thanks for taking the time & trouble to discuss the Quran with me.  Smiley

Well, this is Mirza Ghulam's personal opinion that "Islam wasn't spread by the sword" & he is entitled to his opinions-that certainly doesn't make his opinions factually correct. However, this is completely ahistorical, even the historical documents written by Muslims prove otherwise. Except South East Asia & parts of Africa, where there were no Muslim conquests-the doors of all the countries' which are Muslim today or have significant Muslim populations were opened to Islamic conversions via "jihad".There was first a Muslim conquest-followed by gradual conversions. What did the Muslim rulers do after the conquest? Often they converted other religious sites forcibly into mosques, destroyed other religious sites, forced prisoners of war to convert to Islam or be executed & of course there was the jizya tax on the non Muslims. Iran was Zoroastrian before the Islamic conquests & many Muslim rulers would offer any Zoroastrian convert to Islam the property of his entire family. Of course, people often converted to Islam because they were impressed by certain "inner qualities" of Islam, but it is completely historically untrue to claim that all conversions happened to to Islam's inner qualities-force & inducements played a big part.Here's a list of places destroyed by Muslims. http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4715.0

As to Mirza Ghulam, you must be realising that Ahmadiyyas are only a miniscule sect within Islam. Well, you can see how nice "true Muslims" are to Ahmadiyyas from their treatment of Mirza Ghulam himself. The Ahmadiyyas declared themselves Muslims, yet they're regularly discriminated against & killed. In Pakistan, Bangladesh & Indonesia-they've been declared either "illegal" or "non Muslims". If an Ahmadiyya were to convert to Sunni Islam now in Pakistan or Indonesia, would that be for Sunni Islam's "inner qualities" or to escape from the discrimination they suffer as Ahmadiyyas? questions2

Muslims throughout history have called Muslim nations, "Dar ul Islam" or House of Islam, & non Muslim countries "Dar ul Harb" or House of War-which shows how Muslims believed conflicts between them & non Muslims will eventually be resolved-via war & bloodshed.

Well, then the Quran doesn't always speak of what is & what is not the characteristic of unbelievers, it simply speaks of believers & unbelievers. The Quran says, "Muslims are the best of people"(3:110) while the unbelievers are the "vilest of creatures" (98:6) -it nowhere says that bad Muslims=unbelievers or bad unbeliever=Muslims. Try to read the Quran once again today marleya- at least the second half of the book. You'll see that on practically every page, Allah teaches "believers" to despise "unbelievers", on almost every page, Allah prepares the ground for potential religious conflict.

The situation where Muslims were asked to take swords is not decribed in the Quran-it is described in the "hadiths" & the "sira" & I know that you dislike hadiths. But without hadiths we can't understand how & when the first Muslims of Medina went to war. The war wasn't entirely in self defence-it was also forced conversion. Prophet Muhammad declared himself the Jews chosen Messiah & asked them to accept him or pay jizya taxes-& then he killed an entire tribe of Jews when they disagreed. Muhammad also smashed the idolaters' idols & threatened to kill them if they came out to protect their idols. Even after the Jews\polytheists had grudgingly converted to Islam-as soon as Prophet Muhammad died, ridda(apostasy) wars broke out which were ruthlessly suppressed, again by forcing "unbelievers" to remain Muslim.

Where is the "There is no compulsion in religion..." in all these? The Quran preaches tolerant as well as intolerant verses, the Quran says tolerant verses have been abrogated by intolerant ones, the hadiths show Muhammad forcibly converting polytheists & obliterating Jews, most Muslim nations were opened for Islamic conversions via jihad & jizya tax.

Reply #50 - April 08, 2009, 08:07 AM

Sorry my post came out all screwed up with the quotes.....too late to edit it.  wacko
     Reply #51 - April 08, 2009, 08:11 AM

Actually we can probably relax the time limit on that. We put it in place when we had a royal shitfight going on with some people we couldn't trust but that's long gone. I'll change it to twelve hours.

Reply #52 - April 08, 2009, 08:14 AM

See if you can edit it now.

Reply #53 - April 08, 2009, 12:26 PM

Being from the Ahmaddiya sect originally, I do believe Ahmaddiyat is peaceful. But that does not mean it qualifies enough to satisfy the scientific theories. Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad did say that, but I don't agree with him. Islamic history itself is filled with violence and aggression, so the interpretation of a 'true Muslim' being peaceful is a bit wonky. The definition of 'Muslim' has become so subjective that has caused the division amongst so many sects in Islam.

The second point that you made that I found interesting was the interpretation of what a non-believer is. A non-believer is, strictly speaking, one who does not believe in god (Allah). Nowhere in the teachings of Islam does it state that a non-believer is anything other than that, and common sense prevails. It does not state that a non-believer is SPECIFICALLY someone who doesn't believe in god AND spreads hate. That's a bigot.

I'm a non-believer, and I am peaceful. However, according to the guidelines set out in the Quran, I'm a kufr. The Quran states:

[2:12] And when it is said to them: ?Create not disorder on the earth,? they say: ?We are only promoters of peace.?
    [2:13] Beware! it is surely they who create disorder, but they do not perceive it.

So according to that, I am creating disorder on earth but I just don't perceive it, which IMO is utter bullcrap.

Peace Heartbomb.

The verses you have quoted,is not entierly correct.
    2:8 say to whom God is speaking about,and it is the hypocrits,that says they belive in God,but dont.

2:8:"And of mankindthere are some hypocrits who say:We belive in Allah and the last day",while in fact they belive not"

This is not you people,because you are not hypcrits.

2:9:"They think to decive Allah and those who belive,while they only decive themselves and perceiv it not"
    2.10:In their hearts is a disease.A painfull torment is theirs because they used to tell lies"
    2:11:And when it is said to them:Make no mischief  on the earth" they say,"We are only peacemakers"
    2:12Verily,they are the ones who make mischief,but they dont percive not"
    2:13:And when it is said to them the hypocrits,Belive as the people have belived,they say:Shall we belive as the fools have belived?"Verily,they are the fools,but they know not"

This is a speach directed to the ones that used their religion,as hypocrits.That say they are followers of Islam,but do mischief in the land.Not at all you people in here.

Very often when you read a verse in the Quran,it is important,to read some vers above,and after,so that you can get what it is about.

God has said that he created us from various nations and colour,for us to know one another,and in that it is a sign for those who understand.A bigot,for example,dont belive that idea,that we are all equals,he is an unbeliver,not in God,but in the fundamental natural laws.If you understand what I mean?

God has said you should not be a spendthrifter and that you shall use of what you earn on poor,orphans and others that need it,so someone,that dont want to share,is an unbeliver,in the idea,that sharing is necessery for us humans.

I dont know if I manage to get my point through Heartbomb,but I have to go.Will come back later.

See you!
     Reply #54 - April 08, 2009, 01:19 PM

Let me ask you a question about the meaning of unbelievers marleya, as it is stated in two verses in the Quran(not hadiths):

Quran 5:5 "This day are all things good & pure made lawful to you...Lawful to you in marriage are not only chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time."

Notice how believers have been clearly distinguished from other people, even though this isn't a war situation, simply a marriage situation. Believers means Muslims, not people of other faiths, whether good or bad.

Women who're believers are Muslim women. Women who're amongst People of the Book revealed before Muhammad's time are Jewish & Christian women.

Thus the Quran clearly allows Muslim men to marry Christian or Jewish women.

However Quran 2:221 says, "Nor marry your girls to unbelievers until they believe. A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever."

Thus we can see a Muslimah can only marry a Muslim man, no Muslim can marry his daughter to a non Muslim man, until the man converts to Islam. The non Muslim man might be a very good person(not like Hesperado Wink) still a Muslimah can't marry him according to the Quran.

Clearly the Quran uses the words believer & unbeliever repeatedly,believer simply denotes Muslims, in all times & in all situations whether dealing with marriage or war or self defence. The Quran also speaks of People of the Book-Jews & Christians, who have a special status as dhimmis, & polytheists. All these people are called unbelievers. These unbelievers face many discriminations & restrictions in Muslim lands, while Jews & Christians' have been given lowly status as People of the Book, they have to pay the jizya tax, a Muslim man can marry a Christian\Jewish woman while a Jewish\Christian man will have to convert to marry a Muslim woman etc. The Quran also speaks of polytheists-mushrikeen, the only option for them is conversion to Islam or death.

Reply #55 - April 08, 2009, 02:52 PM

Peace Heartbomb.

The verses you have quoted,is not entierly correct.
    2:8 say to whom God is speaking about,and it is the hypocrits,that says they belive in God,but dont.

2:8:"And of mankindthere are some hypocrits who say:We belive in Allah and the last day",while in fact they belive not"

This is not you people,because you are not hypcrits.

2:9:"They think to decive Allah and those who belive,while they only decive themselves and perceiv it not"
    2.10:In their hearts is a disease.A painfull torment is theirs because they used to tell lies"
    2:11:And when it is said to them:Make no mischief  on the earth" they say,"We are only peacemakers"
    2:12Verily,they are the ones who make mischief,but they dont percive not"
    2:13:And when it is said to them the hypocrits,Belive as the people have belived,they say:Shall we belive as the fools have belived?"Verily,they are the fools,but they know not"

This is a speach directed to the ones that used their religion,as hypocrits.That say they are followers of Islam,but do mischief in the land.Not at all you people in here.

Very often when you read a verse in the Quran,it is important,to read some vers above,and after,so that you can get what it is about.

God has said that he created us from various nations and colour,for us to know one another,and in that it is a sign for those who understand.A bigot,for example,dont belive that idea,that we are all equals,he is an unbeliver,not in God,but in the fundamental natural laws.If you understand what I mean?

God has said you should not be a spendthrifter and that you shall use of what you earn on poor,orphans and others that need it,so someone,that dont want to share,is an unbeliver,in the idea,that sharing is necessery for us humans.

I dont know if I manage to get my point through Heartbomb,but I have to go.Will come back later.

See you!

Well actually, I do say to my parents yeah I believe (because I haven't apostatized yet) so technically according to that, I come under hypocrites.

Okay, well what about the verse:

[2:6] It is they who follow the guidance of their Lord and it is they who shall prosper.

Basically, those who do not believe in god will be unsuccessful? That's a bit unfair and petty of god isn't it?

[2:7] Those who have disbelieved ? it being equal to them whether thou warn them or warn them not ? they will not believe.?
    Why do Muslims spend so much time trying to convert, when it has already been decided by their Holy book that ?they will not believe?

[2:8] Allah has set a seal on their hearts and their ears, and over their eyes is a covering; and for them is a great punishment.

This implies that Allah is the one who has decided they will not believe, so why are they punished for it?

[2:35] And remember the time when We said to the angels: ?Submit to Adam,? and they all submitted. But Iblis did not. He refused and was too proud; and he was of the disbelievers.

But isn?t Islam about NOT submitting to or idolizing a human? Doesn?t it teach to ONLY submit to Allah? In this case, Iblis is not doing anything wrong.

[2:39] We said: ?Go forth, all of you, from here. And if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoso shall follow My guidance, on them shall come no fear, nor shall they grieve.?
    [2:40] But they who will disbelieve and treat Our Signs as lies, these shall be the inmates of the Fire; therein shall they abide.

Disbelievers will burn in hell fire.

[2:83] But they who believe and do good works ? those are the dwellers of Heaven; therein shall they abide.

This isn't talking about the 'hypocrites' now...it's straightforwardly saying that only believers that do good will go to heaven.

I've touched on a couple of issues there. Have a headache so can't be bothered to go into more depth, Smiley
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »