Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey, Ya'll!

(Read 12460 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey, Ya'll!
     OP - April 06, 2009, 11:37 AM

Never mind.
  • Re: Hey, Ya'll!
     Reply #1 - April 06, 2009, 11:40 AM

Hi raqsi, I'm glad you have been enjoying the forum and the atmosphere.  Smiley

Don't worry about being on the fence, it takes time to come to a conclusion on such a deep topic, some people sit on that fence for the rest of their lives.

Your ex husband sounds alot like many of the young muslim men I used to know, and the sympathy shown to him sounds about right too.

Hang around for as long as you like, I hope we can help you make up your mind along the way.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - April 06, 2009, 11:50 AM

Welcome to the forum Raqsi Smiley Hope you enjoy your stay.

What attracted you to Islam if I may ask?
     Reply #3 - April 06, 2009, 11:53 AM

signwelcome

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #4 - April 06, 2009, 12:03 PM

Welcome raqsi! dance

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #5 - April 06, 2009, 12:05 PM

Thanks, and ask away!

I liked the idea that God doesn't have a gender in Islam. My parents attempted to instill Christian ideology in me, but even when I was a child the trinity made no sense. I also liked the prayer33q RQ

But according to the hadiths god does have a gender in islam.   wacko

Reply #6 - April 06, 2009, 12:07 PM

Welcome welcome.

But according to the hadiths god does have a gender in islam.   wacko

Allah has a penis? No....

Where's it say 'He' has a gender?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #7 - April 06, 2009, 12:11 PM

I liked the idea that God doesn't have a gender in Islam.

I'm not an Arabic speaker, but I think that is only true for the word Allah (and maybe some of his other names.) However, in the Qur'an you will find that male pronouns are used in order to refer to Allah. I know Muslims like to say Allah is an awesome word, it's genderless and a plural can't be formed, but in the end the fact of the matter is, Allah is pretty much a male god, without a penis. Tongue

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #8 - April 06, 2009, 12:13 PM

Welcome to the forum Raqsi! I hope that you enjoy it here Smiley
     Reply #9 - April 06, 2009, 12:23 PM

Surely the fact that man has been in charge of woman since the beginning of time is proof that your god is sexist?

Anyway, welcome.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #10 - April 06, 2009, 12:31 PM

Welcome Raqsi

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #11 - April 06, 2009, 12:34 PM

Greetings Raqsi!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #12 - April 06, 2009, 12:36 PM

If you are into your rituals, you may find posting here becomes one too! 

Welcome and hope you find it to be a second home  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - April 06, 2009, 12:39 PM

being an Aries, I don't like that very much.  Wink

You're interested in sunsigns? I am very interested, I'm a Scorpio.  dance I even made a thread about it here.http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4727.0

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #14 - April 06, 2009, 01:18 PM

If you are into your rituals, you may find posting here becomes one too! 

Best answer ever.  Cheesy

Welcome, Raqsi. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote from: Raqsi
    I liked the idea that women are supposed to be spiritually equal.

I thought the Quran states clearly that women are inferior to men?

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #15 - April 06, 2009, 01:19 PM

Quote from: Zaephon link=topic=4890.msg124826#msg124826

spiritually equal.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #16 - April 06, 2009, 01:21 PM

spiritually equal.

How are we spiritually equal when our inferiority is still existant in heaven?  I mean call me new fashioned, but being part of a huge haram in heaven is inferior.  Equality, in spirit would be me being able to have a haram of men.

Reply #17 - April 06, 2009, 01:22 PM

Well, where does the Quran assert that women and men are spiritually equal? There is a Hadith claiming that Hell is populated mainly by women. Is this spiritual equality?

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #18 - April 06, 2009, 01:22 PM

All religions say women are spiritually equal to men.  There's nothing special about that.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #19 - April 06, 2009, 01:40 PM

I feel the need to say that I'm not here to debate specifics of Islam as you all, Muslims, or I understand them. I didn't do that before I converted or afterwards. I don't see it as being anything as a huge waste of my time. I really just want to sort things out as I've been trying to do it my own and nothing has come of it.

Perhaps I made a wrong choice in coming here, but time will tell.

Sorry, I realise you are not up for people harrassing you about what you believe or don't believe, it's just you will find many of us do enjoy talking about so of course people are going to attempt to start some kind of conversation with you to nit pick apart anything they believe you are have been misled about.

It's natural in a forum full of ex muslims.

You don't have to respond, you don't have to go through it.  Just sit back and read if it interests you, and don't if it doesn't.  No sweat or pressure.

Smiley

Reply #20 - April 06, 2009, 01:43 PM

Nevermind. Thanks anyway.
     Reply #21 - April 06, 2009, 02:35 PM

Thanks, and ask away!

I liked the idea that God doesn't have a gender in Islam. My parents attempted to instill Christian ideology in me, but even when I was a child the trinity made no sense. I also liked the prayer33q RQ

But according to the hadiths god does have a gender in islam.   wacko

Welcome Raqsi,

The damn translations that were neatly presented to you missed the parts in 4:34 (and few others) where it said -word-for-word:

"Men are a degree over women by what alla prefers and by what they spend from their pockets.."

As if men spending from the their pockets, makes them better then woman who historically died giving birth to make the humans that he enjoys so much.

It sems you are in a phaze where you still think islam is inherently a decent doctrine, but th emuslims practicing it kinda ruined it for the rest of us. Is my opinion correct?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #22 - April 06, 2009, 02:37 PM

Well, where does the Quran assert that women and men are spiritually equal? There is a Hadith claiming that Hell is populated mainly by women. Is this spiritual equality?

No where in the koran does it even hint at the word 'equal', however several of the translations circulating in western mosques, use the word 'equality' in several verses. Some people innocently call it a positive interpretation, some people call it for what it is, a dishonest translation.

Considering that Raqsi went through, I think she will tend to believe it is more of a dishonest translation by now.

IMO it is highly dishonest and misleading to mix a translation with an interpretation. When you translate a document, you should try to produce the highest fidelity possible to the text you are translating. If Raqsi wanted to see an interpretation, she would have read a tafseer.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #23 - April 06, 2009, 03:24 PM

All religions say women are spiritually equal to men.  There's nothing special about that.

After death Cheetah, all religions claim that almost everybody is spiritually equal, after death.

If we were to implement the concept of "spiritual" from most (all?) religions into our lives, then me stating "I want to be spiritual" that would be equivalent to me stating "I want to be dead".

I remember this Egyptian joke I will try to translate. In arabic we have this term "A sportive spirit" to indicate the character of a good sportsman. so in this charicature there was this hooligan beating hard on another hooligan going: "I am going to get this sportive spirit out of him to see it and see what's the fuss everyone is talking about".

Reply #24 - April 07, 2009, 12:33 AM

Hi Raqsi, looks like you deleted your post but welcome anyway if you decide to stay.

Quote from: Aziz
    I liked the idea that God doesn't have a gender in Islam.

I'm not an Arabic speaker, but I think that is only true for the word Allah (and maybe some of his other names.) However, in the Qur'an you will find that male pronouns are used in order to refer to Allah. I know Muslims like to say Allah is an awesome word, it's genderless and a plural can't be formed, but in the end the fact of the matter is, Allah is pretty much a male god, without a penis. Tongue

واشكروا لله ان كنتم اياه تعبدون

"And give thanks to Allah, if it be him that you serve"

al-Baqara verse 172

اياه = "him"

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #25 - April 07, 2009, 05:10 AM

spiritually equal.

And why koran states that women are spiritually equal? The way the koran goes over this it sounds like this: "And the CEO and the janitor both get their known just share at the end of the month". Men will get their share and women will get their share. This is how it reads in the koran. Nothing equal about that.

Reply #26 - April 07, 2009, 05:21 AM

Oh lord, she has gone.  Well whatever, some people really hate to be questioned.  Cheesy

Such a shame really, but I would have to firmly say it was her loss.

Reply #27 - April 07, 2009, 06:03 AM

We could have been a bit easier on her..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #28 - April 07, 2009, 06:09 AM

We were easy on her. Some people just don't like being challenged on their views. I'm surprised she bothered to post here, she said she lurks here so she should have guessed what type of reception she'll receive. This is a forum that loves to debate on issues.
     Reply #29 - April 07, 2009, 06:17 AM

We were easy on her. Some people just don't like being challenged on their views. I'm surprised she bothered to post here, she said she lurks here so she should have guessed what type of reception she'll receive. This is a forum that loves to debate on issues.

Damn straight, it truly is just a matter of being able to handle some questions, which some people don't like.

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »