Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: U.K. Fireservice Introduces Hijab for Muslim Workers

(Read 3767 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • U.K. Fireservice Introduces Hijab for Muslim Workers
     OP - March 31, 2009, 06:39 PM

Here's the article from Daily Mail:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1165999/Now-service-introduces-hijab-headscarves-Muslim-workers.html

I think its a fine idea, I don't know whether hijab will interfere with their performance & I don't think it will. When women first became firefighters, there were objections as well. I think it'll be good if some devout Muslimahs became firefighters!  Afro

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
  • Re: U.K. Fireservice Introduces Hijab for Muslim Workers
     Reply #1 - March 31, 2009, 07:46 PM

But you are not allowed to have a beard in the fire service! I was thinking of joining as well! Damn! Maybe when I have the courage to shave my beard, I can become a fireman!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #2 - April 01, 2009, 05:10 AM

But you are not allowed to have a beard in the fire service! I was thinking of joining as well! Damn! Maybe when I have the courage to shave my beard, I can become a fireman!

As far as I know, the widely held Muslim view is that beard is not compulsory for men like the Hijab is for women.Although the Taliban did make it obligatory. But beards are compulsory for Sikh men! For Ultra Orthodox Hasidic Jewish men as well. Actually, the fire services had a huge debate for a long time about taking women personnel.

It seems that the Fire Services are now keen on making accomodations for women, & specifically Muslim women ignoring the religious requirements of Muslim, Sikh & Orthodox Jewish men!  Roll Eyes

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #3 - April 01, 2009, 08:37 AM

As far as I know, the widely held Muslim view is that beard is not compulsory for men like the Hijab is for women.Although the Taliban did make it obligatory. But beards are compulsory for Sikh men! For Ultra Orthodox Hasidic Jewish men as well. Actually, the fire services had a huge debate for a long time about taking women personnel.

It seems that the Fire Services are now keen on making accomodations for women, & specifically Muslim women ignoring the religious requirements of Muslim, Sikh & Orthodox Jewish men!  Roll Eyes

What?  where did you hear that?  as far as I know it is compulsory, it's just that being men they get away with breaking most rules because they are men.  Roll Eyes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - April 01, 2009, 08:44 AM

Berbs, some says it is fard compulsory some say it is not, but generally the ruling of most scholars is that a beard is compulsory.
     Reply #5 - April 01, 2009, 08:45 AM

Berbs, some says it is fard compulsory some say it is not, but generally the ruling of most scholars is that a bear is compulsory.

I won't make a joke about the typo  Cheesy however that's what I was saying too.  It's compulsory.  Afro

Reply #6 - April 01, 2009, 08:55 AM

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090312235424AAkwNGH bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #7 - April 01, 2009, 08:56 AM

Muahahahaha  Cheesy

Reply #8 - April 01, 2009, 10:25 AM

What?  where did you hear that?  as far as I know it is compulsory, it's just that being men they get away with breaking most rules because they are men.  Roll Eyes

The mufti at the Bohra Mosque where my maternal grandfather prays told me this. He claims to have received his education in Yemen, although I don't think he's even been there.

However, I've noticed far more women using some kind of headscarf\hijab\niqab than men growing beards.

Reply #9 - April 01, 2009, 10:29 AM

The mufti at the Bohra Mosque where my maternal grandfather prays told me this. He claims to have received his education in Yemen, although I don't think he's even been there.

However, I've noticed far more women using some kind of headscarf\hijab\niqab than men growing beards.

That's because men get away with so much.

Think of it this way, sex before marriage is haram for both men and women in Islam, however men can have sex and no one bats an eye at it, they just pretend it isn't happening.  Reverse it to the girl and the reaction is different.

Same with the hijab and beard/short trousers.

Reply #10 - April 01, 2009, 10:32 AM

That's because men get away with so much.

Think of it this way, sex before marriage is haram for both men and women in Islam, however men can have sex and no one bats an eye at it, they just pretend it isn't happening.  Reverse it to the girl and the reaction is different.

Same with the hijab and beard/short trousers.

So men can wear a hijab and beard at the same time?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #11 - April 01, 2009, 10:32 AM

So men can wear a hijab and beard at the same time?

I have a gun with your name on it.  Tongue

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »