Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: BMZ and Skynightblaze

(Read 72334 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: BMZ and Skynightblaze
     Reply #150 - April 03, 2009, 05:36 PM

I think it is time for Sky to find himself a more knowledgable translator.

So when somebody from Singapore, for whom Arabic is a second language, gives a translation of an Arabic word which is contradicted by a Saudi Arabian who has Arabic as his first language, you say the Saudi Arabian is not knowledgeable enough? 

I don't follow the logic of that. 

It's been clear for the last Nth posts now that Submissive Bob has a crush on BMZ and skews everything in his favour. When you love someone that much, nothing has to be logical.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #151 - April 03, 2009, 05:44 PM

It's been clear for the last Nth posts now that Submissive Bob has a crush on BMZ and skews everything in his favour. When you love someone that much, nothing has to be logical.

If one man agrees with another, it does not suddenly become homosexual just because it is contrary to your opinion. 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #152 - April 03, 2009, 05:47 PM

So when somebody from Singapore, for whom Arabic is a second language, gives a translation of an Arabic word which is contradicted by a Saudi Arabian who has Arabic as his first language, you say the Saudi Arabian is not knowledgeable enough? 

There are plenty of people here for whom English is a second language, yet they are so well taught that it is easy to find an english-only speaker who can not match them.

The arabic term for "people of the chair" has a meaning. A meaning that Ziauddin Sardar was aware of and BMZ was aware of. Assam demonstrated he was not.

B015B

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #153 - April 03, 2009, 05:48 PM

If one man agrees with another, it does not suddenly become homosexual just because it is contrary to your opinion. 

I don't think FinallyFree hinted at homosexuality.

Liking would have been a better word by the way.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #154 - April 03, 2009, 05:52 PM

There are plenty of people here for whom English is a second language, yet they are so well taught that it is easy to find an english-only speaker who can not match them.

The arabic term for "people of the chair" has a meaning. A meaning that Ziauddin Sardar was aware of and BMZ was aware of. Assam demonstrated he was not.

B015B

Yes, of course, submissive!! We have all seen how good BMZ is at Arabic. He writes correctly the first time and every time.

And it is Emerald, not Assam.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #155 - April 03, 2009, 05:53 PM

B015B

I am not a homophobe, and I know this Bob fellow is married or something, plus I am not here for personal attacks, but he does seem to be subjective. When I find a strength in SB argument I write or defend, when i don't I refrain. He seems to defend everything for the sake of it. Also, just because I am from FFI doesn't mean I automatically defend anything SNB says, before he came to this forum I had'nt spoken to him at all....

Anyway, moving on. Are you telling me that Emerald, a moderator with his name and rep on the line (therefore he must remain objective) who speaks Saudi Arabic (the closest Arabic dialect to classical or Quranic Arabic)  would either lie or not understand? Both of those people you mentioned are South Asians of some sort! Trust me, from experience even the most knowledgable in Arabic South Asian can never grasp the language like a native speaker! There is too much context and depth behind it and it is very differant to those Indo European languages South Asians are used to. Also, I (with arabic as a second language) can tell you that I have never seen anything close to this. Chair is not a metaphor in Arabic. I just asked my Arabic speaking Mother and she said the same thing. you can ask Khalil and he will tell you the same, you can ask Baal and he will tell you the same!

Give it up.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #156 - April 03, 2009, 05:56 PM

Alright Folks now hold for a second.

I have been reading this since BMZ started with Skynight. I wanted to add a piece of comment so I registerd today. I'm from Saudi Arabia and I do agree with BMZ, not just because I'm a Muslim but because his Logic makes sense. This is the genius of this language that You wouldn't speak directly or literrally but with the help pf examples and specific names you express what are you trying to say. "Sons of the Desert" means the inhabitants of Deserts. Abu Jahal literally means "Father of Ignorance" which doesn't mean that He's actually the father, but it signifies that He is on the Top os ignorance. The verse can be understood the way BMZ and many other Translators have translated it. People in Saudi Arabia do not speak the Arabic "Litrature" in their daily life, We speak EASY arabic which is not 100% quranic arabic, that's why its obvious for someone to doubt. But for a learned person Who learned arabic it's easy to understand what it means. I must confess, as far as I have seen, BMZ understands the Quranic arabic way more better than a Saudi Arabic "speaking" people.

Now We arabic speakers don't read Translations and we do read the Kursi every time, Yet we don't understand that God is sitting on a "Chair" or something. In the same way, We read the Word "Malik" which means King in arabic, Yet we don't understand it as He's a "King" with a Throne and a crown sitting somewhere, No. This is the form of speech to make people undertsnad 1400 years ago.

Somebody asked the Prophet, How deep is the Hell? Now what was the Reply? Prophet pbuh didn't say It so and so Kilometer or something.. To make people understand of that Time, He said "if you drop a stome and it keeps falling for 70 years, that Deep".

The allaged contradiction by skynight is not actually a "Contradiction". The answer in the nutshell can also be that "God would make them see what He wants" FINISH.

Skynight I suggest you should bring something else, there are more you know Wink

Mr. X

Reply #157 - April 03, 2009, 06:01 PM

Save your homo-erotic fantasies for Geert Wilders.

Baloofandbored0B

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #158 - April 03, 2009, 06:16 PM

Quote from: Mr. X
    not just because I'm a Muslim

Not very convincing.

Anyway Mr. X, welcome. Would you mind creating a separate thread to introduce yourself? I do agree that the entire debate is rather trivial --there are so many other obvious Quranic contradictions.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #159 - April 03, 2009, 06:17 PM

And it is Emerald, not Assam.

That was unintentional. Not even a freudian slip.

My apologies to Emerald.

B015B

Reply #160 - April 03, 2009, 06:17 PM

The allaged contradiction by skynight is not actually a "Contradiction". The answer in the nutshell can also be that "God would make them see what He wants" FINISH.

Skynight I suggest you should bring something else, there are more you know Wink

Mr. X

You arrived at the right time; BMZ does need your help.

The alleged contradiction is not a contradiction, but an error. And skynightblaze has not claimed it to be a contradiction. The answer in the nutshell can surely be as you suggest, but BMZ chose to go the other way and is in a jam right now.

Kursi does mean chair or stool literally. And the verse does make sense literally too. What is wrong in depicting the grandeur of Allah by saying that his chair or throne extends all over the heavens and earth and that Angels will be moving around it? May be it really does!

Allah giving supernatural vision to enable people to see the angels at the edge of the universe, would have been much simpler and effective explanation. Sadly for BMZ, he did not choose it. He has already contradicted himself once or twice, and has tripped in writing a small sentence in Arabic showing his less than excellent Arabic.

You also claim that Quran talks classical Arabic. How could the 7th Century Bedouins understand classical Arabic?

And I really find it curious that when people said Saudis know more Arabic you come and say you are a Saudi!! I suspect you are another nick of BMZ.

Reply #161 - April 03, 2009, 06:37 PM

See how the mature and decisive Bob mocks me and uses personal attacks rather than addressing my points? Isn't this proof that he is in it for the BMZ?

Anyway,  welcome Mr X! You have conveniantly arrived at an interesting time.

You also seem to rehash BMZ's invalid argument. No one with any  sort of brain would believe that a Singapori with limited second language Arabic could understand what a Saudi Arabian native speaker couldn't. That is all.

Also, Mr X (BMZ) thanks for showing up at the right time and showing the good folks here how much of a troll you really are, you usually save your multinicking for FFI-but I'm glad the people here can see your true colours.

Regards.

Reply #162 - April 03, 2009, 06:46 PM

Quote from: FinallyFree
    Also, Mr X (BMZ) thanks for showing up at the right time and showing the good folks here how much of a troll you really are, you usually save your multinicking for FFI-but I'm glad the people here can see your true colours.

Isn't it too early to make this assumption yet? Our admin/moderator team is watcful and will deal with any multi-nicking trolls without mercy, of course. But I am willing to think that Mr X. is a real individual and I would like to hear more about him in a separate intro thread.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #163 - April 03, 2009, 06:48 PM

Woo.. I just lost my whole post because "It timed out" it says.. Sorry will post after a while.
     Reply #164 - April 03, 2009, 06:53 PM

See how the mature and decisive Bob mocks me and uses personal attacks rather than addressing my points? Isn't this proof that he is in it for the BMZ?

Anyway,  welcome Mr X! You have conveniantly arrived at an interesting time.

You also seem to rehash BMZ's invalid argument. No one with any  sort of brain would believe that a Singapori with limited second language Arabic could understand what a Saudi Arabian native speaker couldn't. That is all.

Regards.

ROFL!!

dance

Silly.. I don't know this Guy. For your kind information, We have Lecturers and Scholars from Indonesia, Southafrica, India and Pakistan teaching Saudi and boys from all nationalities HOW to understand the Quranic arabic. This is the miracle of Qur'an.

Let me expose your "True" colours first.

This is my number +966504301761

Call NOW!

Waiting

Mr. X from Jeddah, a Saudi Arabian.

Reply #165 - April 03, 2009, 07:16 PM

I don't think FinallyFree hinted at homosexuality.

Liking would have been a better word by the way.

Is English a foreign language to you?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #166 - April 03, 2009, 08:35 PM

I am not a homophobe,

Stop jumping to conclusions, did anyone even mildly suggest you were?
    he does seem to be subjective. When I find a strength in SB argument I write or defend, when i don't I refrain. He seems to defend everything for the sake of it. Also, just because I am from FFI doesn't mean I automatically defend anything SNB says, before he came to this forum I had'nt spoken to him at all....

You say when you find strength in SBs argument you write to defend, and when you dont refrain from comment.

Do you even see the bias in this statement?  Should you be openly biased in a debate of this nature?

In the same breath, it would also have been good of you to suggest that if BMZ wrote something you agreed with, you would actually agree.

I would, but for some reason, with you I doubt it.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #167 - April 03, 2009, 08:35 PM

BMZ, whether he's a native Arabic speaker or not...(altho I strongly feel he ain't), no one would type my name:

ويسام

Anyway, he wants the meaning of:

وسام، هو من اهل الكُرسى

it translates into:

Emerald, he's from the people of the chair.

If you look @ BMZ's posts, he waited @ least 2 hrs to correct his 1st flawed sentence, and he questions my Arabic..!

and BTW, this sentence makes no sense....whatsoever, Baal....or any other Arabic speaker could confirm, or oppose..

Obviously "People of the chair" makes no sense to a literalist like yourself.

Maybe this will help you?

"The word Kursi means throne, but it has become inseparable from the concept of knowledge. Knowledgeable and learned folk are referred to as "people of the chair" ,and this can also be seen as the origin of the professorial "chair". Many of the terms we associate with universities and learned institutions are derived from Arabic, a legacy of these institutions' origins in Muslim civilisation."

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/quran/2008/05/the_heart_and_soul_of_the_qura.html

So far your tactic of questioning his arabic doesn't seem to be bearing any fruit.

You've been invited to face him on your own, if you wish to go down that road.

BdanceB

===============

Ok, SB...can you back this with any reliable Arabic lexicon? called Mo3jam in Arabic...(mo'jam)??

If so then ok...I can admit being wrong;

I know BMZ wants it to be: Emerald is from the people of science (3elm), but I seriously found nothing in ma3ajem (lexicons)....

so?

So, we (Arabs) don't say it in the daily life, and it has no reference in Arabic lexicons.....!!

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #168 - April 03, 2009, 08:39 PM

Alright Folks now hold for a second.

I have been reading this since BMZ started with Skynight. I wanted to add a piece of comment so I registerd today. I'm from Saudi Arabia and I do agree with BMZ, not just because I'm a Muslim but because his Logic makes sense. This is the genius of this language that You wouldn't speak directly or literrally but with the help pf examples and specific names you express what are you trying to say. "Sons of the Desert" means the inhabitants of Deserts. Abu Jahal literally means "Father of Ignorance" which doesn't mean that He's actually the father, but it signifies that He is on the Top os ignorance. The verse can be understood the way BMZ and many other Translators have translated it. People in Saudi Arabia do not speak the Arabic "Litrature" in their daily life, We speak EASY arabic which is not 100% quranic arabic, that's why its obvious for someone to doubt. But for a learned person Who learned arabic it's easy to understand what it means. I must confess, as far as I have seen, BMZ understands the Quranic arabic way more better than a Saudi Arabic "speaking" people.

Now We arabic speakers don't read Translations and we do read the Kursi every time, Yet we don't understand that God is sitting on a "Chair" or something. In the same way, We read the Word "Malik" which means King in arabic, Yet we don't understand it as He's a "King" with a Throne and a crown sitting somewhere, No. This is the form of speech to make people undertsnad 1400 years ago.

Somebody asked the Prophet, How deep is the Hell? Now what was the Reply? Prophet pbuh didn't say It so and so Kilometer or something.. To make people understand of that Time, He said "if you drop a stome and it keeps falling for 70 years, that Deep".

Mr. X

=============

Welcome  Smiley,

I leave the contradiction for SNB, now, tell me......what's kursi in 2:255?.....and what about the other verse in Quran that contains the same word?

Edited a spelling.

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #169 - April 03, 2009, 08:43 PM

Cool down ppl, I don't think BMZ multi-nicked....Pls..

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #170 - April 03, 2009, 09:00 PM

I guess I know what BMZ is aiming for,

Plz BMZ back what you claim/will claim with reliable Arabic lexicons,

like:

المحيط

الغني

Good luck..

Roll Eyes

Now, a learned and knowledgeable person, who knows the language of Qur'aan, will tell you that it means, "He is from people, who have knowledge" or "He is a knowledgeable person." One cannot say that Emerald comes from people who have a chair.  Cheesy

errmmm....I wonder why the masjid Imam also doesn't know what BMZ said (yeah maybe he aint knowledgeable enough)..!!...and why BMZ hasn't provided a single reference to support his claim....

Even when one Googles this "ahl al kursi" phrase, nothing about knowledge shows up,

"أهل الكرسي"

Afro

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #171 - April 03, 2009, 09:00 PM

You call that proof?  Oh dear. Did you consider that it may have been because you said he had a crush on BMZ in your previous post, when he had not said anything unreasonable to you prior to that?  

And I thought you were changing  Cry, but it looks like you are going back to your old ways as soon as your audience appears.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #172 - April 03, 2009, 09:08 PM

You call that proof?  Oh dear. Did you consider that it may have been because you said he had a crush on BMZ in your previous post, when he had not said anything unreasonable to you prior to that?  

And I thought you were changing  Cry, but it looks like you are going back to your old ways as soon as your audience appears.

Sorry to dissapoint Islame, but it isn't about old ways or new ways, it isn't about Islam or BMZ being a Muslim, it's about BMZ yapping his mouth off about Ali Sina and other debaters on FFI not knowing arabic (lol), and also how great he is at debating (I haven't seen anything great).

Furthermore, I admit to being biased on this argument, for the above reason, not because it's Muslim against non-Muslim. Even if BMZ disproved every single point against him I wouldn't care from that aspect. But at least I admit my bias, at least I don't hide it and I show my preferance to one side. Obviously I wouldn't deny any mistakes made by SNB but I wouldn't be shouting about them either. Bob on the other hand seems to chalk everything (whether right or wrong) to BMZ and is very openly biased while pretending not to be.

Anyway

To prove BMZ wrong who stated on another thread to Mr X, and because I was wrong. I am sorry to you Mr X, I jumped the gun on that one, I can get a little ahead of myself at times and you coming in and making your first post like that made me suscpicious, plus BMZ has a good record of multi-nicking, just check the list of banned members on FFI if you want the 10 reincarnations. Anyway, I now know that you are not BMZ, perhaps you are his friend of some sort, I can't speculate though, but I do apologise to you.

Reply #173 - April 03, 2009, 09:14 PM

I admit to being biased on this argument, for the above reason, not because it's Muslim against non-Muslim.

Fair enough, at least your man enough to admit it

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #174 - April 04, 2009, 12:43 AM

Time to add my 2 cents before these discussion goes out of hand

Now, I do not understand fully what BMZ and the kafirs are arguing about, nor that I want to understand it anyway, I had this debate with K F on FFI before and this is what I believe should be the right understanding regarding the throne of Allah

1- Allah has a physical throne
    2- Any throne must have a chair
    3- Because the throne of Allah is physical, then the chair of the throne must be physical

Now, for the kafirs, who rant by saying, that how come god has a throne and a chair?

Then I say to them, and why not God should not have a throne and its chair? And I say, Are His throne and His chair been described as being like the humans' thrones and chairs?

They also say, then god sits down.

I say, why not God should not sit down? Is His sitting down like how the humans sit down? Simply we do not know how God sits down.

The bottom line of this:

If you open the Quran verses for a metaphorical understanding WITHOUT any merit, then it should be opened for any sort of metaphor  that a mind can come up with, which is ridiculous, therefore, everything in the Quran should be taken literally UNLESS there is a compelling reason within the  words or the context that it should be taken metaphorically, and in such case we still took it as literal because the literal meaning of a metaphor, is a metaphor

An example of such type of compelling metaphors, is when the sun was called "A lamp", of course the lamp is a lamp as we know it, however because the sun acts as a massive lamp, then we should literally take the metaphor of the lamp as being the sun itself  in all such verses.

Now, I do not think that Allah needs to use a throne or a chair, to refer to His power or His authority, this is because He already told us about His power and His authority in clear words, like, for example: Allah does what He wants, or, Allah cannot be questioned concerning what He does, or, Allah is over everything Capable. So many times in the Quran, therefore His unlimited power and authority are clearly defined in plain words.

It is safer to go for a literal meaning, because a solid argument may rise which is, this is what it is literal, so what I did wrong?

But for the others who go for a metaphor without any merit, they won't have such argument, in the case of the throne and chair for example, it can be simply said to them:

Why not God should not have a throne and a chair?

Are the throne of God and His chair, like those we know for humans?

The answer for the above two simple question were given in the Quran

Indeed Allah said that He has a throne and a chair

And indeed, He also told us that His throne and His chair are not like any other thing we know of

Very simple indeed, and should shut up those kafirs who dispute about the signs of Allah
     Reply #175 - April 04, 2009, 12:46 AM

3- Because the throne of Allah is physical, then the chair of the throne must be physical

Thanks.

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #176 - April 04, 2009, 04:10 AM

Jesus Christ!
    which hat did you pull this rabbit out of?
    Well this guy puts us in a bit of a quandary, now doesn't he?

We still have no solid proof (in this debate) that the Quran has erred or contradicts itself.

But this guy does prove one thing. The Quran is not clear and straight forward. At least not clear enough for both Ahmed and BMZ to understand it correctly.

BgoodnightB

Reply #177 - April 04, 2009, 07:27 AM

Jesus Christ!
    which hat did you pull this rabbit out of?
    Well this guy puts us in a bit of a quandary, now doesn't he?

We still have no solid proof (in this debate) that the Quran has erred or contradicts itself.

But this guy does prove one thing. The Quran is not clear and straight forward. At least not clear enough for both Ahmed and BMZ to understand it correctly.

BgoodnightB

Well, if I am a native Arabic speaker who also stuided the Arabic language professional for years and years, why you think that the Quran is not easy for me to understand?

well, let me tell you, it is not just easy for me to understand but also easy to translate to English

BMZ is a very knowedgeable Muslim who has my great respect, now if I disagree with him on that one, this does not mean that we disagree regardiing the main core of belief, which is no books of hadith unless its content is qualified by the Quran

In regards to the UNSEEN, like what is the throne of Allah, etc etc, then I believe it is logical that some believers will disagree with others

Now, I am a literal type of guy, and when I read about the throne of Allah in the Quran, it quickly means for me that Allah has a physicla throne, nothing more and nothing less, now anything more may lead to such metaphorical understandngs which I believe has no merit
     Reply #178 - April 04, 2009, 07:35 AM

The Muslims have done it themselves and proved the Quran contradicts itself for us..

"There hath come to you from Allah a (new) light and a clearly expressed & easy to understand book, -(kitabun mubeenun)" [5:15]

Not only do the 2 muslims not agree with each other, but they can't even agree with themselves

Thanks guys  Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #179 - April 04, 2009, 08:14 AM

The Muslims have done it themselves and proved the Quran contradicts itself for us..

"There hath come to you from Allah a (new) light and a clearly expressed & easy to understand book, -(kitabun mubeenun)" [5:15]

Not only do the 2 muslims not agree with each other, but they can't even agree with themselves

Thanks guys  Cheesy

Mister ignorant

The Quran never said that it is easy to understand, try to find out first the true meaning of the word Mubin, then dismiss yourself
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »