Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: BMZ and Skynightblaze

(Read 72264 times)
  • 12 3 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • BMZ and Skynightblaze
     OP - March 30, 2009, 08:42 AM

This is the comment thread for the proposed debate between BMZ and skynightblaze, no-one will be able to butt in to the actual debate thread so please feel free to add any comments you have into this thread.

Once they have set up the topic, I will link the debate thread into this post.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: BMZ and Skynightblaze
     Reply #1 - March 30, 2009, 10:14 AM

Good Call BerberElla

So BMZ opens by deploring skynightblaze's ignorance of Arabic.

Quote from: BMZ
    What was so difficult in understanding? The problem with all FFI goons is that they really base their silly thoughts on translations without understanding a word of Arabic.

Let me give you a test:

وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ

What does it really mean?

By the way, you have not answered the question in my post #119

The New Testament - BMZ's favourite source of Tu Quoque - is written in Koine Greek. I'm sure BMZ understands Greek because he wouldn't base his silly thoughts on mere translations like an FFI goon.

Skynightblaze should ask him to translate this:

ο λυχνος του σωματος εστιν ο οφθαλμος εαν ουν η ο οφθαλμος σου απλους ολον το σωμα σου φωτεινον εσται

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #2 - March 30, 2009, 05:29 PM

The list of almost half the subjects in an university that he wouldn't discuss and asking for a multiple choice topic already suggests that BMZ's confidence is shaken. Is Ahmed Bahgat a member here? BMZ is going to need his rescue act it seems Smiley

Boy, this is going to be tremendously interesting.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #3 - March 31, 2009, 06:34 AM

The list of almost half the subjects in an university that he wouldn't discuss and asking for a multiple choice topic already suggests that BMZ's confidence is shaken. Is Ahmed Bahgat a member here? BMZ is going to need his rescue act it seems Smiley

Haha, I will always be there to support anny Muslim who is debating with kafirs concerning the Quran

Keep it itchy, goon
     Reply #4 - March 31, 2009, 06:38 AM

OHHHHHH SNAP!

The word 'Kaffir' has already been thrown into the ring....this is going to be damn good entertainment  popcorn

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #5 - March 31, 2009, 07:12 AM

Haha, I will always be there to support anny Muslim who is debating with kafirs concerning the Quran

Keep it itchy, goon

Oh my! AhmedBahgat is back!  Cheesy

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #6 - March 31, 2009, 07:41 AM

Two middle aged men trying to vigorously defend their absurd book of fairytales and hell.

Yep, this is the height of cool.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #7 - March 31, 2009, 09:15 AM

Skynightblaze brought up some verses about the Throne of Allah. I think most Muslims, who cannot believe that Allah has some kind of throne on which he can sit, believe instead that all these verses are supposed to be understood metaphorically. But I don't know how Muslims would interpret 39:75. Here is the tafsir from Ibn Kathir:
    Quote from: Ibn Kathir
    Allah tells us how He will pass judgement on the people of Paradise and Hell, and put each of them in the place fitting for him and for which he is suited; this is justice from Him and He is never unjust.
    Then He tells us of His angels who surround His majestic Throne, glorifying the praises of their Lord, extolling and magnifying Him, and declaring Him to be above any shortcomings or injustice whatsoever, for He has passed judgement in the fairest and most just manner.

Did Kathir think that angels were literally surrounding Allah's throne? I'm not sure about this, but on the other hand, there is a verse which says that on J-Day Allah will descend on his Throne carried by 8 angels! Cheesy

Quote from: Yusuf Ali
    069:017: And the angels will be on its sides, and eight will, that Day, bear the Throne of thy Lord above them.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #8 - March 31, 2009, 10:00 AM

Man all seats are taken.. damn.. what's going on?

OH!  skynightbalze debating the Quran? what a thick face?

BMZ, Don't hurt the guy! Wink! easy...he's a skynight blaze: izi cum, izi goon.  dance

Reply #9 - March 31, 2009, 04:35 PM

Keep it itchy, goon

I knew you wouldn't be far away from BMZ, Ahmak. I knew the SOS will reach you in no time.

So what is your opinion about the whole range of subjects in Quran which BMZ is not willing to discuss?  Cheesy

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #10 - March 31, 2009, 04:38 PM

Rather weak opening for Skynight I thought. There are so many better contradictions available. BMZ seemed to easily block that one.

BWinkB

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #11 - March 31, 2009, 04:47 PM

Rather weak opening for Skynight I thought. There are so many better contradictions available. BMZ seemed to easily block that one.

BWinkB

I thought BMZ answered that one well.. and did not even have to rely on the throne being a metaphor or our spirits having these extraordinary abilities.  As a believer is Islam & Allah, it is perfectly plausible for a muslims to extend paranormal abilities into the fold so best not to even go there.  Move on to the next topic Skynight..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - March 31, 2009, 04:51 PM

If "Throne" does not mean "Throne", i.e. if it has a different meaning than the literal one, any one trying to find out what it actually means is a pervert according to Allah himself.

Quran 3:7 :

<snip>But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah.<snip>

Reply #13 - March 31, 2009, 05:37 PM

BWinkB

I thought BMZ answered that one well.. and did not even have to rely on the throne being a metaphor or our spirits having these extraordinary abilities.  As a believer is Islam & Allah, it is perfectly plausible for a muslims to extend paranormal abilities into the fold so best not to even go there.  Move on to the next topic Skynight..

Should we not wait for skynightblaze's rebuttal, and don't you think it is too early to advise him to move on?

Reply #14 - March 31, 2009, 05:44 PM

Should we not wait for skynightblaze's rebuttal, and don't you think it is too early to advise him to move on?

No, as an objective observer I think he's lost that one - not his fault though, if the translation is wrong. 

Also I agree with SB, there were much better examples to choose.  Its not our debate though, just my opinion so its obviously up to him if he feels he can salvage it or has something else up his sleeve... 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - March 31, 2009, 06:09 PM

No, as an objective observer I think he's lost that one - not his fault though, if the translation is wrong. 

Also I agree with SB, there were much better examples to choose.  Its not our debate though, just my opinion so its obviously up to him if he feels he can salvage it or has something else up his sleeve... 

And I am sure your opinion is quite valuable as an appointed judge for this debate.

Forgive me for sounding rude, but your premature jump to conclusion portrays you as either a somewhat biased person or an unnecessarily impatient man.

I would still advise to desist from commenting on the outcome of any debate until both the parties have had a number of exchanges and seem to be locked in a standoff.

Reply #16 - March 31, 2009, 06:13 PM

Whilst I agree with you charles, in that we should wait until more exchanges have been made, I don't see why you felt you needed to evaluate Islame's personality at the same time.  wacko

Reply #17 - March 31, 2009, 06:18 PM

Whilst I agree with you charles, in that we should wait until more exchanges have been made, I don't see why you felt you needed to evaluate Islame's personality at the same time.  wacko

Sorry BerberElla, but I could think of no possibilities other than the two I mentioned. I do think it is a bad form to start passing judgments after only the opening posts in a debate unless the person passing the judgment is greatly farsighted.

I do apologize, however, if it hurt Islame.

Reply #18 - March 31, 2009, 07:35 PM

"I would still advise to desist from commenting on the outcome of any debate until both the parties have had a number of exchanges and seem to be locked in a standoff."

No one is commenting on the outcome of the debate.

These are ringside seats and you are hearing blow-by-blow commentary. Post-fight analysis will come later.

You prematurely called him "premature".

Now eat some popcorn and watch the fight!

BlipsrsealedB

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #19 - March 31, 2009, 07:39 PM

"I would still advise to desist from commenting on the outcome of any debate until both the parties have had a number of exchanges and seem to be locked in a standoff."

These are ringside seats and you are hearing blow-by-blow commentary. Post-fight analysis will come later.

You prematurely called him "premature".

BlipsrsealedB

Thanks for the advice, submissive.

Reply #20 - March 31, 2009, 07:49 PM

I do apologize, however, if it hurt Islame.

Cry Dont worry about me, I'll get over  it..
    premature jump to conclusion portrays you as either a somewhat biased person

You just did that so well yourself.

I am an ex-muslim, so my bias is actually for the other side.  I suspect you have an underlying issue with BMZ to come across so harshly (either that or your background at FFI)

However I will try to remain objective, so technically BMZ could win the argument despite me not agreeing with his standpoint.

The comments are premature, but so is the commentary after the opening round of a boxing match..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - March 31, 2009, 07:53 PM

Quote from: IsLame
    I suspect you have an underlying issue with BMZ to come across so harshly (either that or your background at FFI)

LOL. So now that you got back at me, I think the accounts are settled.

I would now wait for the skynightblaze's rebuttal Smiley

Reply #22 - March 31, 2009, 08:24 PM

Quote from: Submissive Bob

Apologies Submissive Bob, what I understand from the exchanges so far IsLame commented on the outcome as advising Skynightblaze to drop this topic and move on to next. It means predicting or commenting on the outcome.

Quote from: Submissive Bob

Of course Bob, but there would be a delay since skynightblaze has not shown up so far and it must be late in the sub-continent (From where skynightblaze is). We may just relax and wait for SNB to come up fresh tomorrow in the morning time.

Thank you Submissive Bob, and isLame: no offense please;

KF
     Reply #23 - March 31, 2009, 08:49 PM

Apologies Submissive Bob, what I understand from the exchanges so far IsLame commented on the outcome as advising Skynightblaze to drop this topic and move on to next. It means predicting or commenting on the outcome.

Seems like a silly argument to me, however I cant let your facile comment go uncorrected.    I did not comment on the outcome (not that I see a problem with that anyway) but I advised dropping one line of questioning?

However I do find FFIs eagerness to participate, and show such strong feelings on a relatively minor/none issue,  all very interesting..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - March 31, 2009, 09:07 PM

I wouldn't chalk it up to insecurity Islame, people like Khalil et al have been up against this troll and trounced him so many times on so many issues that it's unbelievable. The debate usually ends early as well.

I think the anomosity on FFI's behalf is mainly due to the fact that they (we) are sick of seeing BMZ reincarnations and criticisms at the same time. Personally I would get it over with and unban him but that's another issue.

I know I sound like an FFI fanboy right now but screw it.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #25 - March 31, 2009, 09:27 PM

Seems like a silly argument to me, however I cant let your facile comment go uncorrected.    I did not comment on the outcome (not that I see a problem with that anyway) but I advised dropping one line of questioning?

However I do find FFIs eagerness to participate, and show such strong feelings on a relatively minor/none issue,  all very interesting..

Look dear IsLame, I do not want to inflate this issue, but what perplexed me is the way you reached a conclusion which went in favour of the one who posted last in an ongoing debate. You evidently advised skynightblaze to drop the topic under discussion without even bothering to see whether skynightblaze has any means of tackling it. What was it any other than commenting on the outcome especially since you showed up with it soon after BMZ posting his refutation?

This is what you suggested to skynight: Move on to the next topic Skynight Your post is there and you can confirm it yourself.

I have debated with many and sometimes when I will be thinking that I have done well and there is nothing more to bother about that would come from the oher side, some of my opponents have amazed me by coming up with novel abstractions. So, from my experience I can testify it is too premature to suggest to a participant to drop a topic just because it has been addressed by his opponent. Why this hastiness when we have enough time and pages left?  I am sorry, though you argued you were being objective, I fail to see such an objectivity in your apporoach. Again, this is not meant to offend you at all. Since you added your comment on my input, I am just enjoying my rights to answer it. That's all.

And I don't like to comment on that last part because I am not for a confrontation. Be it with FFI or CoEM.

Cheers dear IsLame,

KF
     Reply #26 - March 31, 2009, 11:03 PM

You brought nothing new here, had already replied to your questions in my previous post and see no point in repeating myself on such a puerile point. 

Suffice to say its commentary, now go and argue with Barry McGuigan and ask him why he thought Aamer Khan  would not win the match with his right jab after the first round. 

You guys are taking this way too seriously.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #27 - April 01, 2009, 04:02 AM

BMZ came up with translations that highly rely on tafsirs..!!

in 2:255, kursiyyoho means literally (his chair); interpreters failed to agree on one fixed meaning of this chair,

many mufassiroon believe it's an object, a large object; and the throne is greater than this object.

There are roughly between 5 and 10 tafsirs for it, only one tafsir shows that (this chair) is meant to be knowledge, power...etc.

I think if BMZ doesn't accept tafsirs, then he should stick to Arabic Quran, and after that translators who rely less on tafsirs. 

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #28 - April 01, 2009, 11:23 AM

A trivial point, but I wish Skynightblaze would address BMZ by his nick instead of as "you Muslim."  Its kinda rude.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #29 - April 01, 2009, 11:26 AM

A trivial point, but I wish Skynightblaze would address BMZ by his nick instead of as "you Muslim."  Its kinda rude.

Yes it is, hopefully he will read this and refrain from doing it again.  Baseball bat

• 12 3 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »