Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello, fellow Infidels

(Read 13932 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hello, fellow Infidels
     Reply #30 - March 30, 2009, 07:29 AM

Q-Man,

You haven't provided an actual counter-argument to my arguments, so there's nothing much for me to respond to.

How can we tell the difference between harmless Muslims, and dangerous Muslims?
     Reply #31 - March 30, 2009, 07:30 AM

Hesperado

Reading your blog, I see you have raised some interesting issues which mar efforts to criticize Islam such as the blind insistance by many that Islam is not a religion or indeed that Muslims are not a race, both of which eventually play into the hands of Islamic appologists.

However you suffer from a lack of human appreciation of the conflict, hence your attempts to rationalize collective punishment. Collective punishment is morally wrong under any circumstances and "collateral damage" (a euphemism I really hate) only exists when harm to innocents arises as an unintended byproduct of targetting an enemy.

There is no "collateral damage" about your scheme of actively discriminating against people based on religion; each innocent individual would suffer discrimination based on their personal religious beliefs with nothing "collateral" or incidental about it - an entirely cruel and unacceptable proposal.

+1  Afro

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #32 - March 30, 2009, 08:18 AM

Q-Man,

You haven't provided an actual counter-argument to my arguments, so there's nothing much for me to respond to.

Personally I think he challenged your arguement quite well, it was poetry in motion reading his responses.  yes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #33 - March 30, 2009, 08:37 AM

Q-Man,

Personally I think he challenged your arguement quite well, it was poetry in motion reading his responses.  yes

I thought so too! Especially the beer and BJ part.

Hesperado: I think it's quite clear that your 'us' and 'them' attitude won't be fueled here.
     Reply #34 - March 30, 2009, 08:43 AM

Most definately not.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #35 - March 30, 2009, 09:06 AM

Also, all the airports in the world wouldn't have to spend millions of dollars every year and inconvenience millions of passengers every day all over the world, if we had the magic key to pinpoint which Muslims are dangerous, and which are not. 

So once they have been deported, are you suggesting they no longer allowed to travel on aeroplanes?  What about trains and cars?  Are you planning to put a "Muslim" stamp on their passports?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #36 - March 30, 2009, 09:08 AM

Also, all the airports in the world wouldn't have to spend millions of dollars every year and inconvenience millions of passengers every day all over the world, if we had the magic key to pinpoint which Muslims are dangerous, and which are not. 

So once they have been deported, are you suggesting they no longer allowed to travel on aeroplanes?  What about trains and cars?  Are you planning to put a "Muslim" stamp on their passports?

Sounds awfully like the Nazis making Jewish people wear the star of David armband.
     Reply #37 - March 30, 2009, 10:01 AM

I can't remember who said this, but...

Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for a little temporary security, will lose both and deserve neither.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #38 - March 30, 2009, 10:23 AM

And another disturbing thing is, that if such insane policies were really to be implemented, the authorities would actually have to deport us ex-Muslims as well. Afterall they have no way of telling a genuine apostate from a terrorist using taqqiya (well maybe an exception can be made for prominent ppl like Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Wafa Sultan etc.) In order to be more effective they could introduce a test, something like "please, eat the ham, or go back from whence ye came." But then again, some apostates can't bring themselves to do that, tough luck I guess. So in the end Muslims and ex-Muslims alike would be victims of this final solution.

It's interesting how concerned you are about the imminent threat coming from Muslims, but yet it seems like the recent economic meltdown - caused by non-Muslim Americans - doesn't upset you as much as the issue of Muslims. It's not hard to tell what weakened America the most in the past years. Was it an unjustified war and the economic crisis, or a few Islamist terrorists? For fuck's sake! The gang MS13, which spread like a plague across America, has probably killed more people than the Islamists could ever dream of killing, and you have the nerve to be mad at the whole Muslim community? Get a fucking grip man!

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #39 - March 30, 2009, 11:12 AM

Welcome to the forum even though your views are not compatible with the majority its what debating forums are all about.

I've had a quick look at your blog. You do write some interesting stuff. However your proposed method of dealing with the problem of Islam will only exacerbate the problem.

Do you really think Muslims around the world would just sit back, watch and not retaliate against countries carrying out your Final Solution? Do you think life would be any easier for citizens of that country? Terror today knows no boundary and can be perpetrated from anywhere in the world. Such a scheme will only make Muslims more determined in their mission.

I think the better solution is education to wean Muslims off of Islam. As each generation passes the penny will drop. The truth of the core ideology, how it can be used for extremism, how it affects countries submitted to it and how the prophet actually lived are all there to be presented to Muslims willing to open their minds.

You are a writer. Use the pen to inform, its mightier than encouraging hate against hate.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #40 - March 30, 2009, 11:13 AM

I can't remember who said this, but...

Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for a little temporary security, will lose both and deserve neither.

I love that quote (its one of Benjamin Franklins)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #41 - March 30, 2009, 11:45 AM

my society

It's my society also - and along with most other people in the West, I want to keep it a tolerant, free and plural one.

Most of us here left Islam to distance ourselves from xenophobes like you - not to join forces with them.
     Reply #42 - March 30, 2009, 02:51 PM

Bud, have you ever come down from your ivory tower, and actually met a Muslim in real life?

Hell, have you ever stepped a foot outside of your academic fairyland and experienced reality outside of a classroom, the mall, or your parent's house?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #43 - March 30, 2009, 04:57 PM

in my estimation is the main reason why the West persists in irrationally whitewashing Islam and treating Muslims with "respect" when they deserve condemnation and mockery, let alone mass surveillance and deportation.

I'd like to welcome you, but cant bring myself to do so.  In my view anybody that wants to forcefully repatriate my parents, siblings and friends automatically foregoes that privilege.

Hear, hear.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #44 - March 30, 2009, 05:01 PM

"Most of our family and friends are Muslims and they're descent and genuine people"

I'm sure they are.  Trouble is, I can't verify that about any one of them sufficiently for the safety of my society.  There's the rub.  And I'm certainly not going to bank the safety of my society on the anecdotal evidence and on the word of some anonymous person on the Web.

You know you are so right, you can't verify that about our Muslim family members.  Or anyone else. Why, just today after a white man killed 7 elderly people and a nurse at a nursing home, I was thinking, golly if only we could tell ahead of time if these white dudes are a threat to our society, especially our elders. Especially on the heels of so, so many incidents of angry white men shooting up offices, post offices, churches, schools, ski lifts, restaurants... you get the idea.  But we can't.  What should we do with them?  Och, if only they were all named Mo-ham-mad.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #45 - March 30, 2009, 06:09 PM

"Most of our family and friends are Muslims and they're descent and genuine people"

I'm sure they are.  Trouble is, I can't verify that about any one of them sufficiently for the safety of my society.  There's the rub.  And I'm certainly not going to bank the safety of my society on the anecdotal evidence and on the word of some anonymous person on the Web.

You know you are so right, you can't verify that about our Muslim family members.  Or anyone else. Why, just today after a white man killed 7 elderly people and a nurse at a nursing home, I was thinking, golly if only we could tell ahead of time if these white dudes are a threat to our society, especially our elders. Especially on the heels of so, so many incidents of angry white men shooting up offices, post offices, churches, schools, ski lifts, restaurants... you get the idea.  But we can't.  What should we do with them?  Och, if only they were all named Mo-ham-mad.

grin12

Hello, I'm an angry "white" man.

I'm a threat to bigoted assholes of all colors and cultures.

Oh yes, I smoke, drink, and swear in public, and I've known some Muslims(and Ex-Muslims) who I actually consider friends.

Someone arrest me, quick!     Flaming mad

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #46 - April 01, 2009, 09:24 AM

Q-Man,

Say what? Mate, do you think you would notice if you were run over by a bus? Just wondering.  Cheesy

To clarify the situation for you your points, such as they were, were utterly shredded and flushed down the crapper.

You seem to be the only one who can't see this.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #47 - April 01, 2009, 09:25 AM

Exactly. Statistically you are far more likely to get killed by some "average white guy" than you are to get killed by Muslim terrorists.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #48 - April 01, 2009, 02:31 PM

Good to see that people like him are not welcome here. I find it funny, when people oppose the same doctrine they so desperately cling to themselves.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »