Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quran Alone Websites!

(Read 6986 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Quran Alone Websites!
     OP - March 26, 2009, 02:26 PM

These are certain websites & Organizations who reject all the hadiths, or only accept those hadiths which are in accordance with the Quran & which don't stain the character of the Prophet or his companions.

What do you think of these?
    http://www.quran-islam.org/

http://free-minds.org/

http://www.quranic.org/

http://www.submission.ws/

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
  • Re: Quran Alone Websites!
     Reply #1 - March 26, 2009, 02:41 PM

I was tempted to become one of them on my journey to full apostasy.  I think it's a natural thing to happen when you start your journey of questioning, the hadiths are so full of violence it's hard to understand where your version of Islam that you were raised in, is the same as what is in some of these hadiths so the temptation to believe you can discard them could be quite strong and very understandable.

If I hadn't researched the origins of the quran more I may have fallen for it, but the quran is full of holes from the moment it was put down on paper tbh.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - March 26, 2009, 02:54 PM

The problem is when you do get to the Quranic verses that calls for the slaying of the pagans of the killing of Jews/Christians unless they pay the tax, they are quick to say you have to understand the history of the situation and that wasn't meant for all pagans, etc. Its only for that time because Muhammad was persecuted, blah, blah, blah, you need to read the history to get the context.

Which history?

Oh the Hadith and Sira!

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #3 - March 26, 2009, 03:02 PM

I have found that on its own, the Qur'an is a relatively weak book, full of vague verses. That is why there is the need for tafsirs and hadith, which is what made me feel uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #4 - March 26, 2009, 03:16 PM

Quran-only is some weak-ass internet fad that no one takes seriously. You will never find anyone in any mosque who supports such a movement because of all the Islamic laws/rituals being contained in the Hadith rather than the Quran. Just an example, the Quran tells people to pray 3 times a day and it doesn't mention how to actually pray. Where do praying Muslims get this info from?

Anyway, it is increasingly obvious these days that Muslims who debate online are trying to not debate with Hadith books because of the embarrassment within, they sometimes pose as Quran-only Muslims, but this is rubbish and they would never say a thing about Hadeeth in real life.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #5 - March 26, 2009, 10:14 PM

Erm, some people DO take it seriously. Rashad Khalifah, who started the trend, was actually murdered in his own mosque by hadith-loving muslims because they took offence to his ways and the fact he called himself a messenger of allah.

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #6 - March 27, 2009, 04:55 PM

Erm, some people DO take it seriously. Rashad Khalifah, who started the trend, was actually murdered in his own mosque by hadith-loving muslims because they took offence to his ways and the fact he called himself a messenger of allah.

I think more offense was taken at his claim to be a  messenger and also his saying that the Quran had been altered or changed than his rejection of hadith.  (Hey, he was accused of molesting and having sex with a young girl, so maybe he was a messenger in the Muhammadan tradition!) The Submitters, his group of hadith rejectors, are kind of nutty, and the people supposedly involved in his assassination were just as nutty - they weren't mainstream ISNA types by a mile.  The ones I've known have been very racist.  They reminded me of the neo-Nazi groups.  A lot of those Quran only sites are run by them, without their name or their 19 theory on them, or it's run by a group that broke away after Khalifa was killed, and they're still loony.  I've only met a few normal seeming people who rejected the hadiths...

[this space for rent]
     Reply #7 - March 27, 2009, 06:20 PM

My inability to swallow hadith wholesale was probably my first step  towards moving away from Islam...I just couldnt reconcile the obvious crap I read in them with what I believed real Islam to be...but this meant I was forced to focus more on the Quran...which resulted in me finding it hard to swallow all of that as well...and thus...here I am ....so those that reject hadith...might eventually find themselves rejecting Islam all together...its a  thought.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »