Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What a great Start!

(Read 14304 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What a great Start!
     OP - March 12, 2009, 09:30 AM

Well, i joined this Forums and the first thing i did i fucked up my Nickname. Way to go.  Afro

Okay, i introduce myself first.

Im a 26 year old Graphic Designer from Switzerland and never was religious in any way. I was raised by a single mother who allways told me I should explore the World on my own and chose to believe what ever makes me happy.

So im an Atheist. Because i like Sins.  dance

Just kidding. My Grandmother on the other Hand was a devout catholic who wanted me and my brother to go to church as often as possible. She allways felt like she had *lost* our mother, so she had to safe us from hell.

But in the end Churches just scared the shit out of me. When i was a little boy of 1-5 years old, i was so scared actually i screamed and cried when i had to go to church. There was a skeletal like figure nailed to a cross bleeding to his death. I still think Christians have a weird symbol for their religion.

I call myself a born Sceptic. I allways questened everything and i was never satisfied with the first awnser. (wich didnt change to this day)
    So religious people allways had a tough time around me when talking about their Faith.

When i was nine my Grandma wanted me to go to Religious Class in school. (my mother didnt, but said yes, because she had other problems, like earning enough money to feed me and my brother)

Well, after the first two hours of religious education i got kicked out of the class because in this two hours i questened everything the Pastor told us. I was not willing to let him get away with cheap awnsers like "God moves in Mysterious ways."

I questened the Noah's Arq story as i did the Adam & Eve Story. Not because i thought they were bad storys, but because the Pastor wanted me to believe this was the truth, and i, as a Dinosaurfan, couldnt accept the fact of a 6000 year old Earth. Ive read so much about Evolution and Science even before i got into Kindergarden that Religion seemed so amazingly stupid and ignorant to me.

I never was an aggressive Atheist or tried to get people away from their religion. I was happy if they didnt bother me with it.

Everything changed for me when Theo van Gogh was killed because he painted a Carricature of Mohammed. He didnt do anyone harm or caused suffering in any way, but he was killed for drawing a fucking picture! (sorry bout the rude language)

A Comic artist and carricaturist myself, who actually painted carricatures of Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed i was shocked, scared and angry.

How can somone be killed because of his humor. I dont care what believe System people have, but if they start harming other people because of it, thats where i draw the line.

In my country i have the right of free speech. I defend this right as eagerly as i defend everyone elses right to be offended by what i say.

I joined this Forum because i want to know what people who actually were part of Islam can teach me about this religion that causes so many discussions and controversities around the world, especialy in the UK.

I have to admit i am scared by Islam, not because im in emidiate danger, but how this will turn out. The only thing i can say about it is, every aspect of it sounds so familiar to me. Radical Islam just acts  like Nazi Fascists but under the protection of the label *Religion*.

Actually im reading the Koran right now. (Yes i read it in german, but i cant learn arabic just because muslims say its only true in arab.)
    Its boring so far, just like the bible. but nontheless i try to read it from cover to cover.

HAND

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
  • Re: What a great Start!
     Reply #1 - March 12, 2009, 09:37 AM

Welcome DigDeep.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - March 12, 2009, 09:44 AM

Welcome DigDeep! 

banana dance

There are lots of people's stories posted here, lots of analyses... this is one of the sanest forums I've ever seen, so if you're looking for the backstories and ideas and reasons by Ex Muslims, you found the right place!

BTW, I really like your signature quotes!  Afro

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3 - March 12, 2009, 09:46 AM

signwelcome DIgDeep,

I agree with everything you have to say about religion in general & Islam in particular. Afro

I too have Bible studies classes in my school taken by a teacher similar to your Pastor , but unfortunately I can't get kicked out of them like you, they're compulsory! sad

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #4 - March 12, 2009, 09:56 AM

Welcome DigDeep! 

banana dance

There are lots of people's stories posted here, lots of analyses... this is one of the sanest forums I've ever seen, so if you're looking for the backstories and ideas and reasons by Ex Muslims, you found the right place!

BTW, I really like your signature quotes!  Afro

thnkyu

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
    I like the quotes too. The last one is from my neighbour Areebah (i hope i spelled it right.)
    Shes an Iranian Atheist and lives in Switzerland with her Husband and her two children. I moved here (from Schaffhausen to Basel) only 3 month ago, but i had some discussions about the middle east, Islam and Iran with her and her husband.

"there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #5 - March 12, 2009, 10:02 AM

signwelcome DIgDeep,

I agree with everything you have to say about religion in general & Islam in particular. Afro

I too have Bible studies classes in my school taken by a teacher similar to your Pastor , but unfortunately I can't get kicked out of them like you, they're compulsory! sad

mine were compulsory too, but the pastor coudnt handle my behavior because i allways interrupted him. And my mother was glad i managed it on my own to get out of the class  Cheesy

Reply #6 - March 12, 2009, 11:10 AM

I have to admit i am scared by Islam, not because im in emidiate danger, but how this will turn out. The only thing i can say about it is, every aspect of me sounds so familiar. Radical Islam just acts  like Nazi Fascists but under the protection of the label *Religion*.

I have to agree with you there, I'm scared of it too. I just hope apostasy can become more acceptable one day due to organisations like this one. It will make Islam safer (hopefully).

Welcome to the forum btw, I like your post Afro
     Reply #7 - March 12, 2009, 11:25 AM

Welcome man  Smiley

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #8 - March 12, 2009, 11:26 AM

I can understand why some Westerners, even atheists or apatheists are wary of Islam, even if they don't have a racist or xenophobic bone in their body.

The right to free speech & the accompanying right to criticise all faiths are hard won rights in the West. For them to come face to face with incidents' like Theo Van Gogh's murder, or Motoon rage & Moteddy rage is baffling with potentially sad consequences for this cherished freedom of speech-with Islam it is as if a hole in the time zone has opened & 14th century Christians' are pouring into the modern, democratic world-with their idead of Inquisitions & anti blasphemy executions. If that weren't bad enough, many leaders are too Chicken to question this attitude & happily make excuses for Muslim extremism.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #9 - March 12, 2009, 11:30 AM

Hello DIgDeep,

Welcome aboard. I agree that radical Islam is as dangerous as the Nazis.  Afro

I talked to a Swiss guy once, he was an atheist too. Switzerland is sure an interesting country, with your direct democracy and your chocolate brands, lol.

We have a forum for people to post their testimonials of leaving other faiths, there were many testimonials there but then some technical mistake happened, and it's empty now.

I wonder if the mods would consider moving this story there

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=17.0

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #10 - March 12, 2009, 11:45 AM

I wonder if the mods would consider moving this story there

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=17.0

=============

No problem, if DIgDeep likes it to be moved and posted as his bio in the Bio's section.

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #11 - March 12, 2009, 12:03 PM

Zaephon, your avatar makes me feel fat and lazy!  Cheesy

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

Indeed, here in switzerland, for most people, even the ones who consider themselfes religious, religion is not part of the day to day life. I know noone who prays each day, and just the most hardcore Theists go to [insert place of worship here] really often.

A recent poll of a major Newspaper here stated that most people who particiated consider themself more of cultural christians/muslims/any other religion. So, Switzerland is some kind of an agnostic country. Only in the Italian speaking south there are still some devout Catholics.

I recently read that the Muslim Council in Zurich seeks a dialogue with other organisations about freedom of expression. (The Muslim council dousnt want sharia law to be practiced, as far as i know, what makes me happy) They even are in contact with the Swiss Freethinkers Union. (Organised Atheists)
    I think most Muslims here are aware of the fact that they can express there Religion so openly BECAUSE of the laws that allow other people to critizise or make fun of their religion. If these Laws wouldnt exist they never could have established their Religion here in the first place.

I think in the UK the Muslims should be reminded of the fact that they only can protest and practice their faith so freely BECAUSE of the laws they try to eliminate. If these laws never were established by a western democracy there wouldnt be any Muslims in the UK in the first place because the christians would have kicked them out.

Secularism is the reason why they can worship in Mosques in the middle of London. If they want the freedom to worship Allah in the UK, they have to accept the fact that all others have the freedom to critisice their religion.

I dont think switzerland is perfect, but since 700 Years we never participated in a War as an aggressor and always looked for a peaceful solution (even with the nazis, what dousnt make me proud, but thats another topic).

Direct Democracy is a great thing. Usualy 80% chose to vote... and we vote ALOT... every 3 Month or so.

Edit: Sure, if you want to move it im fine with that.

Reply #12 - March 12, 2009, 12:08 PM

Done.  Afro

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #13 - March 12, 2009, 12:25 PM

Dam, you know the forum moderators are good if you cant find your own thread a few minutes after you agreed to get it moved.  grin12

Reply #14 - March 12, 2009, 12:59 PM

Welcome DigDeep

I visited Switzerland, very nice country.

Theo van Gogh was killed because he painted a Carricature of Mohammed. He didnt do anyone harm or caused suffering in any way, but he was killed for drawing a fucking picture! (sorry bout the rude language)

Actually, none of the Danish cartoonists were killed; Theo Van Gogh directed the anti-Islam movie Submission.

Submission.

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #15 - March 12, 2009, 01:10 PM

Zaephon, your avatar makes me feel fat and lazy!  Cheesy

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

Indeed, here in switzerland, for most people, even the ones who consider themselfes religious, religion is not part of the day to day life. I know noone who prays each day, and just the most hardcore Theists go to [insert place of worship here] really often.

A recent poll of a major Newspaper here stated that most people who particiated consider themself more of cultural christians/muslims/any other religion. So, Switzerland is some kind of an agnostic country. Only in the Italian speaking south there are still some devout Catholics.

I recently read that the Muslim Council in Zurich seeks a dialogue with other organisations about freedom of expression. (The Muslim council dousnt want sharia law to be practiced, as far as i know, what makes me happy) They even are in contact with the Swiss Freethinkers Union. (Organised Atheists)
    I think most Muslims here are aware of the fact that they can express there Religion so openly BECAUSE of the laws that allow other people to critizise or make fun of their religion. If these Laws wouldnt exist they never could have established their Religion here in the first place.

I think in the UK the Muslims should be reminded of the fact that they only can protest and practice their faith so freely BECAUSE of the laws they try to eliminate. If these laws never were established by a western democracy there wouldnt be any Muslims in the UK in the first place because the christians would have kicked them out.

Secularism is the reason why they can worship in Mosques in the middle of London. If they want the freedom to worship Allah in the UK, they have to accept the fact that all others have the freedom to critisice their religion.

I dont think switzerland is perfect, but since 700 Years we never participated in a War as an aggressor and always looked for a peaceful solution (even with the nazis, what dousnt make me proud, but thats another topic).

Direct Democracy is a great thing. Usualy 80% chose to vote... and we vote ALOT... every 3 Month or so.

Nice post, I have always admired the Swedes in this respect, and you have confirmed what I always thought.

Welcome to this forum.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - March 12, 2009, 02:05 PM

Hallo und willkommen DigDeep!

Great to have you here. (Ich bin uebrigens Oesi. Tongue)

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #17 - March 12, 2009, 03:49 PM

Welcome digdeep, catholicism maintained that earth is 6K yrs old?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #18 - March 12, 2009, 05:59 PM

Greetings

Please bend over and grab you ankles for the compulsory anal probe.  grin12

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #19 - March 12, 2009, 06:04 PM

Welcome DigDeep Smiley

EDIT: I also love your sig  Afro
     Reply #20 - March 12, 2009, 07:17 PM

Greetings

Whaaaaa?!   Cry

Reply #21 - March 12, 2009, 07:18 PM

Welcome DigDeep Smiley

EDIT: I also love your sig  Afro

Hey Hassan, i just wanted to tell you that i saw all your Vids on Youtube and that they helped me of getting a better picture about Islam as a whole. Keep up this good work.

thnkyu all again, im happy to be here  grin12

Reply #22 - March 12, 2009, 07:52 PM

Greetings

Whaaaaa?!   Cry

We are aliens from the Crab nebula.

We just use the forum to lure in unsuspecting prey animals.

We have to make sure you are germ free.  grin12

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #23 - March 12, 2009, 08:36 PM

Allright then... Give me the best youve got, i can take it!  cool2

Reply #24 - March 12, 2009, 10:00 PM

Lmao     grin12

Reply #25 - March 13, 2009, 08:53 AM

Welcome DigDeep (your name is actually the title of a poem I wrote long ago!)

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I'm glad to see this subforum finally being used, a great start indeed!  Afro

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
     Reply #26 - March 13, 2009, 12:02 PM

Welcomes to the forum, dude. Did you bring chocolate? We like chocolate dammit. bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »