Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Evidence in the human body that suggests that god does not exist!

(Read 8292 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Evidence in the human body that suggests that god does not exist!
     OP - March 10, 2009, 10:19 PM

If God existed, why would we have so many parts of the human body that are

a) not good enough
    or b) completely useless!

I will start from the head down

The eyes - Its not great because we have quite a big blind spot (the eye is always used by creationists as "proof" of intelligent design)

Armpit Hair - Completely and utterly pointless!

Nipples on Men!!!!!! - If god created man, why would he put nipples on men for no reason!

The appendix - More or less completely useless but can kill you if it gets infected!

Foreskin - Completely and utterly pointless!

By the way, this message is not meant to be taken as a serious scientific point!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Re: Evidence in the human body that suggests that god does not exist!
     Reply #1 - March 10, 2009, 10:41 PM

Foreskin adds to the sensitivity for men (additional nerve endings) so it does have a reason.  However I agree its better without one, it makes you go for longer.

Interesting point you raise though.  I wonder what religious people would say, given that God is limitless in his powers, then he should have been able to create the perfect beings.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - March 10, 2009, 10:47 PM

Well, in fairness I don't think it's appropriate to try and "disprove" the possibility of God through things like futility

1) Everything is pointless in the end, we are all born, live and die, and in the end when we are lying there being eaten by worms and other things, what do we have in the end? If we want to discuss pointless things we could go as far as that and there is no justifying the creation of life.

2) Also, there could be some reasons why these things exist, maybe we haven't found it yet? Maybe men's nipples are keys to treasure chests hidden in the Himalayan mountains and it was all part of "God's plan"?

Not that I believe or don't believe in God but I think perhaps there might be a creator, I don't know enough to judge.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #3 - March 10, 2009, 10:53 PM

I wasn't trying to prove anything - what i just stated is what i see as evidence against an all powerful god who can do anything. To prove something, it has to be beyond doubt and cannot be refuted. Which gets me onto my next point. One thing I hate about muslims is they overuse the word proof!

"How could Muhammad have known this 1400 years ago - This is proof that the Qur'an is written by god"

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #4 - March 10, 2009, 10:55 PM

I wasn't trying to prove anything - what i just stated is what i see as evidence against an all powerful god who can do anything. To prove something, it has to be beyond doubt and cannot be refuted. Which gets me onto my next point. One thing I hate about muslims is they overuse the word proof!

"How could Muhammad have known this 1400 years ago - This is proof that the Qur'an is written by god"

Sorry I said it in the wrong way, I meant, it's hard to ask such questions about a potentially omnipotent God.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #5 - March 10, 2009, 11:13 PM

Sorry I said it in the wrong way, I meant, it's hard to ask such questions about a potentially omnipotent God.

Why not? It is not us who make this claim, its those with faith?  It all adds to Darwins claims about imperfections, as opposed to claims about being made by an omnipotent creator.  If I made a claim that I was a magician, then you would want to see magic wouldnt you?

I agree with your second point about treasure chests, but point 1?  Its another argument against God i.e. why would he create us, make us live for a while, and then send us to heaven or hell?  It just seems like a futile exercise.

He said from the beginning that it was not conclusive proof, but an argument nonetheless, so dont get your point.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - March 11, 2009, 12:13 AM

a) not good enough

The eyes - Its not great because we have quite a big blind spot (the eye is always used by creationists as "proof" of intelligent design)

Nipples on Men!!!!!! - If god created man, why would he put nipples on men for no reason!

The appendix - More or less completely useless but can kill you if it gets infected!

By the way, this message is not meant to be taken as a serious scientific point!

If I was to answer all these, would you cut it out and start believing again?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #7 - March 11, 2009, 10:28 AM

a) not good enough

The answer is simple- Evolution. Your points go against creationism, not evolution. Neither one disproves God though.

Also the appendix may have a use, one of the theories it helps you recover after being infected with diarrhoea.
    The foreskin increases sensitivity.
    The embryo follows a 'female template' which explains the nipples. The Y chromosome and testosterone restricts breast growth in males.
    The hair and eyes are a product of evolution. (Although I'm not completely sure why females have armpit hair).
     Reply #8 - March 11, 2009, 10:34 AM

If I was to answer all these, would you cut it out and start believing again?

So explain armpit hair

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - March 11, 2009, 11:12 AM

I think hair grows on any part of the body that has a lot of sweat glands.  Its to catch the sweat so it doesn't cool on the body and freeze the person, (remember we evolved without clothes and deodorant).

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #10 - March 11, 2009, 02:08 PM

a) not good enough

True - have a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVyktynD_I
     Reply #11 - March 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Will look at the video later today at work. Quick points:

A use was finally discovered for the appendix couple years ago allah be braised. It is a container for useful bacteria in the body, for when we lose our supply of good bacteria. Of course every now and then, it turned against us and killed us, but it seems its benefit outshone its murder rate.

Hair among other things as Cheetah pointed out is a considered a dry lubricant. In areas of friction the hair will increase to protect the skin from chaffing. Which can result in even more heat and more sweat. Today, ot at least some of us, shave our armpits, but then we also use deodorant and change cloth everyday.

It is the tail thing that bothers me most. Can't keep my back straight on a chair and i hate it when people step on it and forget to apologize.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #12 - March 11, 2009, 02:30 PM

People step on your back?Huh?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #13 - March 11, 2009, 02:51 PM

his tail

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - March 11, 2009, 02:58 PM

Ah!  I misread tail as tall.   wacko

Reply #15 - March 11, 2009, 05:01 PM

Foreskins prevent our heads from getting sun-burned.

BEmbarrassedB

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #16 - March 11, 2009, 05:03 PM

Foreskins prevent our heads from getting sun-burned.

BEmbarrassedB

Ahh - is that why you stuck a black pvc zipped mask on it

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - March 11, 2009, 05:45 PM

People step on your back?Huh?

I actually get my kids to walk on my back - it's great, make me feel so much better - seriously!
     Reply #18 - March 11, 2009, 05:49 PM

allah be braised.

Did you hear about the Saudi tourist to London who told his taxi driver to suddenly stop when he spotted Regents Park Mosque saying:

"You bark while I bray!"

grin12
     Reply #19 - March 11, 2009, 06:08 PM

allah be braised.

Did you hear about the Saudi tourist to London who told his taxi driver to suddenly stop when he spotted Regents Park Mosque saying:

"You bark while I bray!"

grin12

That was wicked  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #20 - March 11, 2009, 06:22 PM

btw no offence Emerald - u can substitute Egyptian or any Arab nationality in that joke - I only said Saudi coz that's how it was told to me.
     Reply #21 - March 11, 2009, 06:30 PM

[quote author=PeruvianSkies link=topic=4660.msg119436#msg119436
    The embryo follows a 'female template' which explains the nipples. The Y chromosome and testosterone restricts breast growth in males.
    [/quote]

I know that that explains the nipples. But what I was saying was if God created man before woman and god created man like this, why would it need to follow a female template?

Reply #22 - March 11, 2009, 06:46 PM

I know that that explains the nipples. But what I was saying was if God created man before woman and god created man like this, why would it need to follow a female template?

Your logic is sound to me, the kinds of that made me apostasize.  Well that, and the other 1000 of them!  I'll PM over to you some things like this that I wrote..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - March 12, 2009, 12:18 PM

btw no offence Emerald - u can substitute Egyptian or any Arab nationality in that joke - I only said Saudi coz that's how it was told to me.

==============

Cheesy  Cheesy

You know what Hass. It actually happened with my friend's dad in London!!!

Saudi to cop: Sir, where can I bark?

Cop: (BIG SMILE) you can bark anywhere.  Cheesy

I'm serious man, that's what happened, yours was a joke not 4 real, yeah?

FuNnY  Cheesy

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #24 - March 12, 2009, 05:59 PM

==============

Cheesy  Cheesy

You know what Hass. It actually happened with my friend's dad in London!!!

Saudi to cop: Sir, where can I bark?

Cop: (BIG SMILE) you can bark anywhere.  Cheesy

I'm serious man, that's what happened, yours was a joke not 4 real, yeah?

FuNnY  Cheesy

Cheesy

Reply #25 - March 15, 2009, 11:43 AM

[quote author=PeruvianSkies link=topic=4660.msg119436#msg119436

[/quote]
    Ah, that makes sense. Further reason to apostatise then Wink
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »