Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Cultural Marxist Campaign?

(Read 19018 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Cultural Marxist Campaign?
     Reply #30 - March 06, 2009, 08:21 AM

One is not moderate if one objects to one's female relatives marrying someone of a different faith, an attitude that obtains amongst so-called 'cultural' Muslims as well as extremists.  This is demonstrated by the pitifully small number of marriages that take place each year in the UK between non-Muslim men and Muslim women.  I bet the number barely reaches double figures.

I agree with you regarding this. Muslims have huge problems accepting a Muslim woman's marriage with a non Muslim man, while they're not particularly reluctant, sometimes even delighted if a non Muslim woman marries a Muslim man, they view it as an addition to their camp.  Wink

However, there're exceptions. There are 20 million Ismaili Muslims in the world, whose leader is the Aga Khan, & his daughter Princess Zahra Aga Khan is married to a British Anglian(like you!) who didn't convert to Islam. The marriage was held according to both Muslim & non Muslim rites. Compare this to the conspiracy theories which still surround Princess Diana's death in a car crash, with many Brits believing that she was murdered for planning to marry  a Muslim.
    I would like to clarify that don't believe in the conspiracies theories
    though. Or Senegal's first President Leopold Sanghor, who was the son of a Muslim mother & a Christian father, his father didn't convert to Islam, & Leopold too identified himself as a Christian. He became the first President of Senegal & remained President for 20 years in a 90% Muslim nation. Have you yet had a Muslim President in your majority Anglican nation?

However, the Muslim bigotry regarding Muslim women marrying non Muslim men is a generally true fact. So is the unfortunate fact that Islam is a more bigoted & violent faith than any other faith currently.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #31 - March 06, 2009, 08:24 AM

saba7saba7saba7

The word "Saba7"* meaning morning in Arabic.

*: The number 7 translates to a letter that does no exist in the Latin Alphabet.

This is possibly one of the dumber copts. Possibly some pharmacist who just started to learn how to use the internet on a brand new laptop.

I suspect you're Egyptian, Freddie/Baal...

If so, then you'll probably have seen بوحة with Muhammad Saad?  Regardless, you must've heard one of your compatriots greeting you with the words saba7, saba7 ya 3aam al-7ag...surely?

Why be so bigoted about Copts?  It must really get to you that, despite the racism and prejudice that they've endured and suffered for the past 1400 years (well since 670CE anyway), they're so successful as a community.
     Reply #32 - March 06, 2009, 08:29 AM

Maybe he meant to use 7 as "ain" rather than "haa". Thereby typing "Saba'a, Saba'a, Saba'a" meaning seven, seven, seven

Wrong! صباح, صباح, صباح

This would be more in line with the theory of him being a copt.

More anti-Copt prejudice.  Considering your ancestors were probably Copts can you see the irony of your comments?
     Reply #33 - March 06, 2009, 08:36 AM

Maybe he meant to use 7 as "ain" rather than "haa". Thereby typing "Saba'a, Saba'a, Saba'a" meaning seven, seven, seven

Wrong! صباح, صباح, صباح

This would be more in line with the theory of him being a copt.

More anti-Copt prejudice.  Considering your ancestors were probably Copts can you see the irony of your comments?

Hey I have no problem with anyone personally, and my ancestors for a fact were not copts (I was commenting on what someone else said).

Anyway welcome.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #34 - March 06, 2009, 08:39 AM

So yes, his ancestors were Copts, before that Egyptian pagans for 4000 years, what does that signify? Probably they became Muslim due to persecution & jizya, but Islam has no monopoly on forced or coerced conversion buddy, till recently it lagged behind another faith, which colonized & converted more than Islam.  Wink
    The Greeks hate Muslims for attempting to convert them whereas their Christian faith itself was established by significant force.

www.rassias.gr/9011.html

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #35 - March 06, 2009, 09:06 AM

Hi Saba7 glad u came - what is a Marxist meme? I see nothing Marxist in the CEMB campiagn?

Hi Hassan.  I notice from your site that you're an alumnus of SOAS...me too for my sins, but I went a bit further down the road than you.  I'd like to go back...we'll see, bi'idhnillah  Afro

Marxist memes are ideas/theories/concepts first delineated/expounded by Marx only to be mimicked/repeated/reconstituted by others in discourse.

According to the One Law for All campaign leaflet:

We call on the UK government to recognise that Sharia and all religious laws are arbitrary and discriminatory against women and children in particular.

As I commented on Youtube this is very unfair.  Before Muslims arrived, Britain's Bettae Din and Anglican tribunals functioned very well with none of the coercion or discriminatory practices associated with them that worry opponents to shari'ah. 

Citizenship and human rights are non-negotiable.

But you see they are negotiable and that's the whole point.  It's one reason why the headline One Law for All is misleading. As I made clear on a thread a Harry's Place on the same topic:

There is a problem here, as others have noted. By supporting the abolition of any sort of shari?ah influenced ADR, we leave ourselves open to the charge of hypocrisy by allowing Jewish and Christian courts to continue unabated. I think it would be sufficient to argue that Biblical teachings have permeated the common law and suffused the legal minds of barristers and judges to the extent that when we talk about the Common Law, we actually mean the Judeo-Christian Common Law. The principle of allowing a Beit Din to continue should not present any problem, given that, and I?m fairly confident in my assumption, there is less social pressure to co-opt them or abide by their rulings.

Something that is missing from this discussion is our old ?friend? the Napoleonic Code. Supra-government at European Commission/ European Council level has a fundamental influence on our provincial government?s thinking with regards Shari?ah. The question of EU enlargement to include so-called Islamic countries like Turkey, with Morocco being another privileged candidate and the other Maghreb countries envisaged to join the EU within the next 15-20 years.

I also think there?s a misunderstanding here about two concepts: ?equality before the law? and ?rule of law?. When she demands ?equality?, what Maryam actually mean? Literal equality? If she means, as I?m sure she does, that there must be adequate protection of universal human rights, then I concur. If she means that there are no ?natural? inequalities then I would vigourously disagree: does a British citizen have the same rights as non-citizens? Criminals and the innocent? This needs some clarification.

The concept of equality before the law was something both the Archbishop of Canterbury discussed when he caused such a furore earlier in the year, but what everybody seemed to miss, particularly regards the Dr Williams? speech is how his support for shari?ah was governed by a misguided belief in multiculturalism, something which pervades public life. To what extent are different perceptions of equality in different communities served by ?one law for all?? Whose moral or ethical standards should frame the rule of law and due process?

I fully endorse the campaign to excise shari?ah, but would reject the abolition of battae deen or Anglican boards of arbitration.
     Reply #36 - March 06, 2009, 09:16 AM

I agree with you regarding this. Muslims have huge problems accepting a Muslim woman's marriage with a non Muslim man, while they're not particularly reluctant, sometimes even delighted if a non Muslim woman marries a Muslim man, they view it as an addition to their camp. 

However, there're exceptions. There are 20 million Ismaili Muslims in the world, whose leader is the Aga Khan, & his daughter Princess Zahra Aga Khan is married to a British Anglian(like you!) who didn't convert to Islam. The marriage was held according to both Muslim & non Muslim rites. Compare this to the conspiracy theories which still surround Princess Diana's death in a car crash, with many Brits believing that she was murdered for planning to marry  a Muslim.
    I would like to clarify that don't believe in the conspiracies theories
    though. Or Senegal's first President Leopold Sanghor, who was the son of a Muslim mother & a Christian father, his father didn't convert to Islam, & Leopold too identified himself as a Christian. He became the first President of Senegal & remained President for 20 years in a 90% Muslim nation. Have you yet had a Muslim President in your majority Anglican nation?

However, the Muslim bigotry regarding Muslim women marrying non Muslim men is a generally true fact. So is the unfortunate fact that Islam is a more bigoted & violent faith than any other faith currently.

Thanks for the info. - I didn't know about the Aga Khan's daughter.  Conspiracy theories about Princess Diana, like the lady herself, have all but disappeared as credible conversation topics in the UK IMHO...things would be different though had it involved an heir to the throne...then you'd see racism in action probably even today.

All the very best to you all and keep up the good work wherever you are - I wish you every success with the campaign against shari'ah but not against the other tribunals...religion and freedom TO believe is a fundamental human right too, after all!

Best wishes and God (sky fairy) bless  Afro
     Reply #37 - March 06, 2009, 09:30 AM

So you wish to discriminate against sharia tribunals but not against others? You're putting yourself in a dodgey position there, and one that is likely to be seen as hypocritical by many members of the public. How do you intend to justify it?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #38 - March 06, 2009, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Smiley

There is a problem here, as others have noted. By supporting the abolition of any sort of shari?ah influenced ADR, we leave ourselves open to the charge of hypocrisy by allowing Jewish and Christian courts to continue unabated. I think it would be sufficient to argue that Biblical teachings have permeated the common law and suffused the legal minds of barristers and judges to the extent that when we talk about the Common Law, we actually mean the Judeo-Christian Common Law. The principle of allowing a Beit Din to continue should not present any problem, given that, and I?m fairly confident in my assumption, there is less social pressure to co-opt them or abide by their rulings.

Which Biblical Common Law is it that judges utilize today? Islam gave women half the inheritance of a man, the Bible OT Numbers gave them nothing if they had brothers, & Britains' Law till 1880 didn't let married women own any property in her name, which Islam always did. Biblical laws have been utilized for everything from refusing women painkillers during childbirth as they were enduring God's punishment to Eve for eating the forbidden fruit, to killing women as witches  witch after trials involving third degree torture, to unimaginable discrimination against Jews for millennia for the crime of killing Christ & not accepting Him as Messiah- whom you now include in Judeo Christian legacy.

The laws that are used in Britain now, are as much a legacy of the Greaco Roman heritage, to the anti religious French Revolution  as any supposed Biblical laws. Places where Biblical beliefs have sway in their true, unadulterated form like in parts of Africa, there's still witch hunts & women lack modern contraceptives-which leads to an AIDS epidemic.

He sounds like one of these obsessives that think Obama is a secret muslim.

He is, isn't he?  Huh?

He claims to be Christian, you believe he's Muslim? Its difficult to get into his head to check what he really is, I'm less than comfortable with people who think  Ozonedance Muslim, to say the least.

Reply #39 - March 06, 2009, 11:09 AM

All the very best to you all and keep up the good work wherever you are - I wish you every success with the campaign against shari'ah but not against the other tribunals...religion and freedom TO believe is a fundamental human right too, after all!

what's with the hypocrisy?
     Reply #40 - March 06, 2009, 11:36 AM

I learnt from him that Obama's most definitely a Muslim.You deal with him if\when he comes back Peruvian!  Wink

Reply #41 - March 06, 2009, 11:48 AM

I hate conspiracy theorists...
     Reply #42 - March 06, 2009, 12:01 PM

So you wish to discriminate against sharia tribunals but not against others? You're putting yourself in a dodgey position there, and one that is likely to be seen as hypocritical by many members of the public. How do you intend to justify it?

Same question I wanted to ask actually. Brutal minds..

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #43 - March 06, 2009, 12:18 PM

I learnt from him that Obama's most definitely a Muslim.You deal with him if\when he comes back Peruvian!  Wink

For 17yrs he attended Rev.Wright church. He took his wife and children there. That is bad enough. Then in one speech, he denounces his spiritual adviser and now he is a new man. Nice.

That is like me going to FFI for 17yrs, getting my wife and children to get on FFI, calling ali sina my spiritual father, and then as I apply for a public position One day, I write a letter denouncing ali(en) sina.

That said and done, i think no one could do a bigger favor for islam then bush. During his tenure Serbia got screwed (again), the koran is now enshrined in the constitution of iraq and afghanistan, when it was not there before, quaeda and islamists are in iraq when they were not, Bashir got a free hand to rape and pillage. He allied himself with the saudis and established oppressive anti-abortion, anti-contraception rules around the world, by offering selective aid.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #44 - March 06, 2009, 12:45 PM

Could just be a dummy using big boy words...

Given that you use the the word 'munafiq' as part of your moniker, I'll take it that Freud was right after all..........(gratuitous use of ellipsis)

What?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #45 - March 06, 2009, 01:39 PM

Do you then support the existence of Shari'ah courts as they exist now? Or do you make an exception for Muslims? How would you justify making such an exception?

Reply #46 - March 06, 2009, 01:41 PM

He sounds like one of these obsessives that think Obama is a secret muslim.

He is, isn't he?  Huh?

You are joking here - right?

You don't seriously think Obama is a secret Muslim?
     Reply #47 - March 06, 2009, 02:43 PM

For 17yrs he attended Rev.Wright church. He took his wife and children there. That is bad enough. Then in one speech, he denounces his spiritual adviser and now he is a new man. Nice.

That said and done, i think no one could do a bigger favor for islam then bush. During his tenure Serbia got screwed (again), the koran is now enshrined in the constitution of iraq and afghanistan, when it was not there before, quaeda and islamists are in iraq when they were not, Bashir got a free hand to rape and pillage. He allied himself with the saudis and established oppressive anti-abortion, anti-contraception rules around the world, by offering selective aid.

Probably neither Bush nor Obama are "true Christian" believers, both are opportunists who have a specific demograph which would inevitably vote for each & both have rather shrewd ideas of how to win that demograph over to their sides.

Obama is probably a closet agnost, but he knows being truthful about that would be political suicide in USA, so he pretends to be a moderate believer. I don't think he bought all Rev. Wright's ideas, a church is also a place to socialize & spend time, many go to many churches for family & communities ties' sake.

Bush has shrewdly noted the fact that the Christian Right is a big & influential demograph, who tend to lean Republican, & he tailor makes his speeches, policies & agendas to suit those. He shoulders a big portion of the blame for the African AIDS epidemic. I'm going off topic but somehow this epidemic ravages Christian African nations far more than Muslim ones. South Africa, Uganda, Botswana, Swaziland are the worst hit & Christian, while Senegal has just .8% AIDS, Mali & even jihad ravaged Somalia aren't above 1-2%.

As for Bush's policy towards Islam, sadly U.S.A. pussy foots around Islamists, perhaps coz they believe that they need to placate the world's Muslims who're furious with their support for Israel. As it happpens, Muslims aren't a bit placated, they're just as mad as ever over Israel,& just as willing to bomb America.

Reply #48 - March 06, 2009, 06:07 PM

Wrong! صباح, صباح, صباح

Note the capital W and the '!' and the end.

So you choose to make this entrance: You patronize some guy you do not know, who clearly had made great efforts to try and learn arabic, a language rated as a level 4 in difficulty, same as japanese. Make him feel small so you can feel big. You are a bully.

Now Guess what is in the mug on my desk.

Reply #49 - March 07, 2009, 12:34 AM

I will reply to each of the posts on your forum individually:

"Quite frankly, I wouldn't support your cultural Marxist campaign of One Law for All under pain of death. Your position reeks of authoritarianism and is quite antithetical to the majority of fair-minded Britons."

What does this mean?  Well, I consider the campaign One Law for All to be in line with cultural Marxist or at least neoMarxist thought by seeking to outlaw all manifestations of religious contract and in doing so seeking to undermine what some at the behind the campaign would see as religious hegemony.

The campaign is authoritarian because it seeks to restrict the freedom of individuals to participate in contractual arrangements according to religious belief.

One Law For All is what we currently have. We all are subject to British law. As far as I know Britain is not a Marxist state. Maybe you know better.

Yes there are the rabbinical courts but I happen to agree with Maryam Namazie that they should be abolished. That does not make me a Marxist it just makes me a consistent secularist.

We should strive to create a total separation of church/synagogue/mosque and state.

The one law for all campaign is a campaign to stop Sharia and reassert secularism not a campaign to introduce a Marxist system.

Sheesh did you miss a meeting? Huh?

You consider the campaign One Law for All to be in line with cultural Marxist or at least neoMarxist thought.

Well you are wrong, it is more inline with the American constitution than anything Marxist and I say bring it on. The UK could use a big slice of that good old American separation of church and state.
     Reply #50 - March 07, 2009, 12:53 AM

Athiest, Christian or Muslim it don't matter. Obama is an out and out secularist. How refreshing.

Good Man  Afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh-xzerjE
     Reply #51 - March 07, 2009, 01:00 AM

That speech was awesome stuff coming from a POTUS, particularly given what has been going on over the last decade or so. He has a lot of guts to come out with that, and it was very well worded too. Of course he couldn't have been that straightforward during the election.

Reply #52 - March 07, 2009, 01:21 AM

This Is What A Progressive Does

Hats off to President Obama.

"US President Barack Obama is expected to lift restrictions on federal funding for research on new stem cell lines, according to reports.

Officials say Mr Obama will authorise the move by executive order on Monday.

President George W Bush blocked the use of any government money to fund research on human embryonic stem cell lines created after 9 August 2001.

Scientists say stem cell research will lead to medical breakthroughs, but many religious groups oppose the research."

I can see the argument for restricting late abortions. I'm not an advocate of rolling back the law, but I think this is at least a policy choice which is worth discussing.

But unimplanted, undifferentiated zygotes?

No heart, no brain. No capacity to feel pain. No plans, no hopes, no sense of self.

Certainly, they have a genetic uniqueness: but what is the moral value of that? One in three zygotes fail to implant, and we may not even know that it passed. And if we did, who would mourn, rather than shrug and try again?

The restrictions on federal funding for research on new stem cell lines were an atrocity. They constituted nothing less than the enactment of religious superstition.

How many who might have been cured, were not?

How many will now have hope?

http://www.hurryupharry.org/2009/03/06/this-is-what-a-progressive-does/
     Reply #53 - March 07, 2009, 04:28 AM

Athiest, Christian or Muslim it don't matter. Obama is an out and out secularist. How refreshing.

Good Man  Afro

Loved the speech. Sounds like something BMZ could come up with if he was potus, but I really liked the speech.

Reply #54 - March 07, 2009, 09:16 AM

Good Man  Afro

That's such a great speech! It defines the way a secular state must keep religion very firmly out of Politics. It is how I always regarded the West - and was comforted by that fact even when I was religious (I think I always had a secular gene in me).

What is really sad is that we should even have to re-assert the ideals of secularism.

I thought this battle was won in the West?

It seems the rise of fundamentalism in the Islamic world created a come-back of fundamentalism in the west.
     Reply #55 - March 07, 2009, 10:18 AM

The US is a lot more conservative than Europe. For a US president to speak like this is not the same as the French president saying it. Obama has guts, and he was smart enough to leave it until after the election was won. Good move.

Reply #56 - March 07, 2009, 10:21 AM

That's such a great speech! It defines the way a secular state must keep religion very firmly out of Politics. It is how I always regarded the West - and was comforted by that fact even when I was religious (I think I always had a secular gene in me).

What is really sad is that we should even have to re-assert the ideals of secularism.

I thought this battle was won in the West?

Nope, the religious will always remain sceptical and pick out the bad traits of the west yet at the same time they ignore their own problems. They really reek of hypocrisy.
     Reply #57 - March 08, 2009, 12:57 AM

The US is a lot more conservative than Europe. For a US president to speak like this is not the same as the French president saying it. Obama has guts, and he was smart enough to leave it until after the election was won. Good move.

He made that speech before the election so obviously the American electorate aren't as averse to secularism as we are lead to believe.  Afro
     Reply #58 - March 08, 2009, 01:26 AM

Really? I hadn't seen it before so I just assumed it was made after the election. Good job, then.

Reply #59 - March 08, 2009, 03:41 AM

Here is the Gallup poll stats on American religiosity. Asking people how important is religion in their lives. I think I posted that in a thread already.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114211/Alabamians-Iranians-Common.aspx

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »