Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Cultural Marxist Campaign?

(Read 19017 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Cultural Marxist Campaign?
     OP - March 05, 2009, 11:29 AM

Not sure where to post this but as it concerns CEMB I thought I'd post it here.

Someone called saba7saba7saba7 commented on my video "Islam or Political/Extremist Islam?" with this:

"Quite frankly, I wouldn't support your cultural Marxist campaign of One Law for All under pain of death. Your position reeks of authoritarianism and is quite antithetical to the majority of fair-minded Britons."

I replied with this:

I'm not sure what you mean by this - could you explain?

I am not a Marxist and the Council's one-law-for-all campaign is aimed at preventing religious laws like Shari'ah being imposed on small sections of the population in the UK.

So I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

And of course no one is saying "Pain of Death" where do you get all this from?

Does anyone else know what he means?

• Re: Cultural Marxist Campaign?
     Reply #1 - March 05, 2009, 11:31 AM

Could just be a dummy using big boy words...

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - March 05, 2009, 11:50 AM

I think he feels that muslims should be able to comply with their religions rules, One Law For All is preventing muslims from practising their religions properly. While I can understand such views I wonder how many of them know how Shariah treats women.
     Reply #3 - March 05, 2009, 12:02 PM

Yes, but pain of death? We must certainly all be marxists, because aparently Maryam Namazie is! Roll Eyes

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #4 - March 05, 2009, 12:04 PM

I think he feels that muslims should be able to comply with their religions rules, One Law For All is preventing muslims from practising their religions properly. While I can understand such views I wonder how many of them know how Shariah treats women.

The guy is not a Muslim.

He seems to consider the majority of Muslims to be extremists as he says:

"You say that the majority of Muslims are 'moderate' or practice a moderate form of Islam. Well, I beg to differ."

He also seems to dislike the Council of Ex-Muslims as he says:

"As I suspect you are part of Maryam Namazie's quite odd middle-class Anglo-Iranian crowd, you are already cut off from reality"

And he is one of those who seems to think Taqiyyah is a fundamental pillar of faith as he says:

"On taqiyyah, I suggest you revisit not only your former canonical scriptures, but also the link to an article at Arabic wikipedia on التقية

Another link to a book can be found by typing the same Arabic word into google (1st result)and this link provides a comprehensive analysis of the texts and justifications for 'dissimulation' amongst every Muslim sect."
     Reply #5 - March 05, 2009, 12:27 PM

Well, he might be the typical neo con Western right winger type , the ones who have a phobia of both Marxism & now Islam!!! Cheesy

Maybe he's an Orthodox Jew, you know they have Rabbinical Courts in U.S.A. maybe? even in Britain, he doesn't want to lose that?

As for Taqiyyah, in my experience with the Muslim side of my family, most don't know about Taqiyyah.

My grandfather is absolutely convinced that lying is only allowed when someone insists a Muslim or his wife or kids convert to another faith with the alternative of death. Thats' how a lot of Muslims do interpret it, unfortunately many non Muslims on becoming aware of it, interpret it differenntly.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #6 - March 05, 2009, 12:28 PM

He sounds like one of these obsessives that think Obama is a secret muslim. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - March 05, 2009, 12:39 PM

As for Taqiyyah, in my experience with the Muslim side of my family, most don't know about Taqiyyah.

My grandfather is absolutely convinced that lying is only allowed when someone insists a Muslim or his wife or kids convert to another faith with the alternative of death. Thats' how a lot of Muslims do interpret it,

Exactly!

unfortunately many non Muslims on becoming aware of it, interpret it differenntly

It feeds their paranoia and suspicion of those dirty muzzies down the road who never speak to anyone.
     Reply #8 - March 05, 2009, 12:40 PM

Yep!
     Reply #9 - March 05, 2009, 12:56 PM

The guy is not a Muslim.

"You say that the majority of Muslims are 'moderate' or practice a moderate form of Islam. Well, I beg to differ."

"As I suspect you are part of Maryam Namazie's quite odd middle-class Anglo-Iranian crowd, you are already cut off from reality"

And he is one of those who seems to think Taqiyyah is a fundamental pillar of faith as he says:

"On taqiyyah, I suggest you revisit not only your former canonical scriptures, but also the link to an article at Arabic wikipedia on التقية

Another link to a book can be found by typing the same Arabic word into google (1st result)and this link provides a comprehensive analysis of the texts and justifications for 'dissimulation' amongst every Muslim sect."

In that case he is a retard. You are better of ignoring him.
     Reply #10 - March 05, 2009, 04:22 PM

Like the prison philosopher.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #11 - March 05, 2009, 04:27 PM

saba7saba7saba7

The word "Saba7"* meaning morning in Arabic.

*: The number 7 translates to a letter that does no exist in the Latin Alphabet.

This is possibly one of the dumber copts. Possibly some pharmacist who just started to learn how to use the internet on a brand new laptop.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #12 - March 05, 2009, 05:03 PM

lol baal   Smiley
     Reply #13 - March 05, 2009, 06:17 PM

saba7saba7saba7

*: The number 7 translates to a letter that does no exist in the Latin Alphabet.

This is possibly one of the dumber copts. Possibly some pharmacist who just started to learn how to use the internet on a brand new laptop.

Maybe he meant to use 7 as "ain" rather than "haa". Thereby typing "Saba'a, Saba'a, Saba'a" meaning seven, seven, seven

This would be more in line with the theory of him being a copt.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #14 - March 05, 2009, 09:26 PM

What Peruvian said.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #15 - March 06, 2009, 03:53 AM

Possibly some pharmacist who just started to learn how to use the internet on a brand new laptop.

Cheesy

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #16 - March 06, 2009, 04:47 AM

saba7saba7saba7

Maybe he meant to use 7 as "ain" rather than "haa". Thereby typing "Saba'a, Saba'a, Saba'a" meaning seven, seven, seven

This would be more in line with the theory of him being a copt.

Then it would have been Sab3a.

Reply #17 - March 06, 2009, 06:11 AM

I will reply to each of the posts on your forum individually:

"Quite frankly, I wouldn't support your cultural Marxist campaign of One Law for All under pain of death. Your position reeks of authoritarianism and is quite antithetical to the majority of fair-minded Britons."

What does this mean?  Well, I consider the campaign One Law for All to be in line with cultural Marxist or at least neoMarxist thought by seeking to outlaw all manifestations of religious contract and in doing so seeking to undermine what some at the behind the campaign would see as religious hegemony.

The campaign is authoritarian because it seeks to restrict the freedom of individuals to participate in contractual arrangements according to religious belief.
     Reply #18 - March 06, 2009, 06:20 AM

I replied with this:

I'm not sure what you mean by this - could you explain?

I am not a Marxist and the Council's one-law-for-all campaign is aimed at preventing religious laws like Shari'ah being imposed on small sections of the population in the UK.

So I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

And of course no one is saying "Pain of Death" where do you get all this from?

But your campaign is not only seeking to outlaw shari'ah, but also the innocuous practices of observant Jews and a handful of Christians.  Were your campaign solely to outlaw the legal recognition of Islamic shari'ah then I would not have a problem.  I hasten to add that Muslims living in the UK should be free to organise their lives according to shari'ah should they so wish, but this should never be given legal sanction under the common law.

As for 'pain of death', surely you've heard this figure of speech before?  It is used to intentionally accentuate or overemphasise one's opposition to a proposition.  Just like 'Even if you were the last person on earth...' etc. - it's hyperbole employed for rhetorical effect.

Of course I don't think that you literally want to enforce 'one law for all' at gunpoint...give me some credit!
     Reply #19 - March 06, 2009, 06:24 AM

Given that you use the the word 'munafiq' as part of your moniker, I'll take it that Freud was right after all..........(gratuitous use of ellipsis)
     Reply #20 - March 06, 2009, 06:32 AM

I think he feels that muslims should be able to comply with their religions rules, One Law For All is preventing muslims from practising their religions properly.

You're half right.  I do think Muslims should be free to organise their lives according to shari'ah, just not impose it on others.  This is the danger of giving shari'ah a legal personality in the UK: history and knowledge of Islamic orthopraxy tells us that there are always authoritarians who have and will continue to try to impose Allah's will on others...but then I'm sure you know that.

While I can understand such views I wonder how many of them know how Shariah treats women.

Having spent a good proportion of my life living, studying and working in Islamic countries (inc. Saudi), I'm well aware of the pernicious effects of shari'ah.

My wife is Muslim by the way, so you could say that I have a unique perspective on the position of women under shari'ah.

Reply #21 - March 06, 2009, 06:34 AM

Yes, but pain of death? We must certainly all be marxists, because aparently Maryam Namazie is!

You and evidently Hassan Abu Ali are not.  This does not stop the campaign from exhibiting Marxian memes.
     Reply #22 - March 06, 2009, 07:21 AM

My wife is Muslim by the way, so you could say that I have a unique perspective on the position of women under shari'ah.

My father's wife ie my mother is Muslim too, & he too opposes Shariah, both for Muslim women & its imposition on Non Muslims.  Wink Muslims in the country I live in are governed by Shariah in their lives, which does disadvantage women, however, so far they haven't tried to impose it on others.

But your campaign is not only seeking to outlaw shari'ah, but also the innocuous practices of observant Jews and a handful of Christians. 

See Hassan, I guessed right, saba7 oposes Shariah, but supports Orthodox Jews & a handful Christians'(whoever they are) having their own laws in their communities!

An Orthodox Jewish woman might not be as disadvantaged as a Muslimah, but she too faces certain difficulties due to the Jewish law which only allows a man to give a certificate of divorce a get without which she can't remarry & remains tied to an unwanted marriage.
    www.jcpa.org/jcprg3.htm

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #23 - March 06, 2009, 07:55 AM

Yes, but pain of death? We must certainly all be marxists, because aparently Maryam Namazie is!

You and evidently Hassan Abu Ali are not.  This does not stop the campaign from exhibiting Marxian memes.

Hi Saba7 glad u came - what is a Marxist meme? I see nothing Marxist in the CEMB campiagn?
     Reply #24 - March 06, 2009, 08:05 AM

The guy is not a Muslim.

Right.  I stated that I was an Anglian in my Youtube comments.

I never wrote that ALL Muslims or even the majority are extremists.  What I do take issue with is the labelling of so many Muslims as 'moderate', at least according to how I understnad the term moderate.  One is not moderate if one objects to one's female relatives marrying someone of a different faith, an attitude that obtains amongst so-called 'cultural' Muslims as well as extremists.  This is demonstrated by the pitifully small number of marriages that take place each year in the UK between non-Muslim men and Muslim women.  I bet the number barely reaches double figures.

I apologise if I've given that impression, but it was sincerely not my intention: I maintain my view about the disconnect between Maryam Namzie's 'crowd' and reality because, as I have already stated, enforcing one law for all without regard to individual freedom is most certainly alien to most Britons I know.

Taqiyyah IS a part of orthodox Islam and draws its inspiration from Muhammad's orthopraxy and the Qur'an.  Furthermore, as you will learn if you follow the links below, it is endorsed by ALL mainstream Islamic groups (I couldn't speak for the Qur'an alone groupings).

http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%AA%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9

http://www.rafed.net/books/aqaed/altaqia/index.html

Saying it is a part of Islam does not mean that ALL Muslims are aware that it is or, indeed, that ALL Muslims practise it.

What's more, you're indulging in the fallacy of etymology here: taqiyyah, according to its various spellings, is an English word coined from a transliteration of an Arabic word;  it can mean whatever English users of the term endorse it to mean.  The fact that it is more often than not used by critics of Islam to describe the behaviour of Islamist bombasts when they're economical with the truth is neither here nor there.
     Reply #25 - March 06, 2009, 08:09 AM

Well, he might be the typical neo con Western right winger type , the ones who have a phobia of both Marxism & now Islam!!!

Wrong!!

Maybe he's an Orthodox Jew, you know they have Rabbinical Courts in U.S.A. maybe? even in Britain, he doesn't want to lose that?

Wrong!!

Right.  But this doesn't stop taqiyyah being part of mainstream Islam.

My grandfather is absolutely convinced that lying is only allowed when someone insists a Muslim or his wife or kids convert to another faith with the alternative of death. Thats' how a lot of Muslims do interpret it, unfortunately many non Muslims on becoming aware of it, interpret it differenntly.

If you follow the links and can read Arabic then you'll get a comprehensive picture of what taqiyyah is, its scope and textual/habitual justification.
     Reply #26 - March 06, 2009, 08:10 AM

He is, isn't he?  Huh?
     Reply #27 - March 06, 2009, 08:13 AM

It feeds their paranoia and suspicion of those dirty muzzies down the road who never speak to anyone.

As a scholar of Islam, having travelled widely in the Islamic world and being married to a Muslim, I'm about as far from being paranoid as could be possible.  I do, however, acknowledge the reality of Qur'anic literalism, political Islam and and extremism in all its many forms.
     Reply #28 - March 06, 2009, 08:15 AM

In that case he is a retard. You are better of ignoring him.

No, I'm not retarded.  I just hold different opinions to yours.
     Reply #29 - March 06, 2009, 08:16 AM

Like the prison philosopher.

Gramsci died a Catholic, Freddie...
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »