Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring..

(Read 21023 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring..
     OP - March 04, 2009, 05:50 AM

..we must never, ever be boring."

I think my story should be published Chuck Palahniuk-style one day.

My parents, originally of Pakistani descent, disowned me five years ago. I'd "shamed and dishonored" the family with my Western ways. It was the climax of years of domestic violence by both - moreso psychologically than physically. I would later come to realize that this "honor-based" violence against women is a common phenomena in Islamic cultures.

I would then find out that the Qu'ran itself condones this - by flat out proclaiming the superiority of men over women (Chapter Four, anyone?). A modest UN estimate of around 5,000 women (majority in Pakistan) killed in the name of God's lustful and evil men, every year.

Middle East now offering "temporary" marriages as a bypass around the centuries of oppressed sexual desire for goat blood and running around a decrepit black house claimed by the most pretentious Arabs in the world.

Rushdie put the icing on the cake while I decided to unravel the ridiculousness of organized religion. I met women so utterly confused, they were willing to oppress themselves and make it easier for Muslim men to reign in their patriarchal power. As a student of international law, it also became very clear that it was no coincidence that all countries in the world proclaiming to be Islamic republics were all also listed as third world crap holes.

I've been kicked out of numerous "Muslim Student Associations" for questioning why surahs and ayats contradicted each other. For proposing philosophical questions like, "If God really knows everything, then wouldn't He have known that the Devil was going to be and that in reality, to show that Good existed, you would need to have an equal and opposite existence of Evil to create a standard?"

Abraham, a man who failed to pay child support.
    Moses, a convicted murderer.
    Muhammad, Arab con artist.
    Jesus...the reason why you can't impose abstinence.

I'm still wondering why, if women are so high and mighty in this patriarchal pyramid scheme, Muhammad never considered Ayesha or any of his other numerous wives, to be his successor.

But religion isn't supposed to make sense.
    So I'll just go back to worshiping Al-Lat, Al-Uzza and Mannat instead.
    Or Darwin and Mendel.

"Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?" [Chuck Palahniuk]
  • Re: "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring..
     Reply #1 - March 04, 2009, 07:26 AM

I love Chuck Palahniuk's books!

Interesting experiences of apostasy, may I ask if you are male or female? (I presume by the disapproval of the treatment of women, you are female, but this assumption could be wrong as I've met men who are equally as annoyed by that...)

Welcome to CEMB, al-uzza. Smiley
     Reply #2 - March 04, 2009, 07:42 AM

welcome al-uzza, so far we got allat, we are missing the third sister.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #3 - March 04, 2009, 09:38 AM

Welcome to the forum. May I ask how you dishonoured the family? Also how did you cope after you were disowned? Where did you go?

I've always felt that we are God's Big Brother if he does in fact exist although it must get very tedious for him as he will always know what's going to happen next Tongue No suspense for God. I wonder what would interest a being who knows everything?
     Reply #4 - March 04, 2009, 10:04 AM

Afro Baal, allat, al uzza & we need an al manat. I think these names are by themselves small steps to a full blown rebellion. Now we need the third sister, & hopefully someday these sisters can be restored to their due place at their rightful throne-near the kaaba- 13 from where their physical images were disgracefully smashed, their spiritual worship banished & they were compelled to spend 1400 years in abject ignominy-while their followers who once paid respect to them naked  Butt kissing were converted to that big bully Allah at the point of a  Flamer by a Prophet

Anyway-welcome al uzza!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #5 - March 04, 2009, 07:46 PM

Afro Baal, allat, al uzza & we need an al manat. I think these names are by themselves small steps to a full blown rebellion. Now we need the third sister, & hopefully someday these sisters can be restored to their due place at their rightful throne-near the kaaba- 13 from where their physical images were disgracefully smashed, their spiritual worship banished & they were compelled to spend 1400 years in abject ignominy-while their followers who once paid respect to them naked  Butt kissing were converted to that big bully Allah at the point of a  Flamer by a Prophet

Anyway-welcome al uzza!

I was never clear on what it the names of the father was. Akbar comes to mind.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #6 - March 04, 2009, 08:28 PM

Welcome, al-uzza - I like your writing style Smiley
     Reply #7 - March 04, 2009, 08:29 PM

Welcome al-uzza, make yourself at home.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - March 04, 2009, 08:45 PM

Fear not al-uzza!

Iran is finally giving some justice for a women.

They are going to burn the eye out of the guy who threw acid on her face and blinded her. Of course it will only be one eye of course because it is a guy eye. They are worth 2 of hers.

She has to pay $25,000 for the privelage of seeing (well hearing actually) the second one burned out.

Quite an innovative way for the government to raise money actually.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090304/EU.Spain.Eye.For.Eye/

BRoll EyesB

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #9 - March 04, 2009, 09:13 PM

Fear not al-uzza!

Iran is finally giving some justice for a women.

They are going to burn the eye out of the guy who threw acid on her face and blinded her. Of course it will only be one eye of course because it is a guy eye. They are worth 2 of hers.

She has to pay $25,000 for the privelage of seeing (well hearing actually) the second one burned out.

Quite an innovative way for the government to raise money actually.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090304/EU.Spain.Eye.For.Eye/

BRoll EyesB

This is all so messed up.

"But Bahrami, who moved to Spain after the attack to get medical treatment, said Wednesday that under Iranian law, she is entitled to blind him in only one eye, unless she pays euro20,000 ($25,110), because in Iran women are not considered equal to men.

"They have told us that my two eyes are equal to one of his because in my country each man is worth two women. They are not the same," she told Cadena SER."

Reply #10 - March 04, 2009, 09:27 PM

Greetings

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #11 - March 04, 2009, 10:15 PM

Hi al-uzza. Welcome to our humble abode. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #12 - March 04, 2009, 11:01 PM

Looking forward to your posts already!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - March 04, 2009, 11:09 PM

Welcome!

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #14 - March 05, 2009, 05:36 AM

Oh wow, I didn't expect that much love!

Yes, I am a lady - I think it would be kind of interesting, actually, if I were a man with this whole triple goddess theme going. Smiley

As for how I dishonored the family, well it didn't take much - if anything at all. First, I questioned my father's racist tendencies and didn't do everything he commanded. I told him Jews were not a conspiracy theory run by Starbucks, and African-Americans and Russians are not dirty people. I also told him I was in love with a Latino and he downright lost his mind.

Well, I wasn't REALLY in love with the Latino but that was the beginnings of putting myself through college. I've been living on my own for these years, hasn't been the easiest thing but I decided it was the best thing. I'm working towards a degree in international law, specialization in human rights, so that I can work on womens rights in Islamic countries.

Last thing I need is to share a house with nut jobs who are convinced their genitals make them superior, and a mother who believes snakes talked and an illiterate man who pulled off one hell of a historical prank.

Oh, Iran. It's like this circus of primitive contestants on a sick reality TV show. Scripts brought to you by the Qu'ran and the hadiths. It irks me that people call Islam a peaceful religion when it has step by step instructions on how to kill homosexuals, heretics and anyone else the central power of men don't like.

Women who find it simply OK that there are verses calling them inferior to men.

Maybe no one actually read any of it. Which makes the entire situation even worse to begin with. Why harass the Dutch MP for releasing a video showing the violent side of this faith? Why shield Muslims like this?

They got the ideas for radical stuff like 9/11, be-headings, suicide bombings and stonings from somewhere, didn't they? We can't give them credit for being THAT creative.

And before I end my rant, if I hear another person tell me the verses I've pointed out are "out of context", it's going to be back to Literature 1100 for you.

"Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?" [Chuck Palahniuk]
     Reply #15 - March 05, 2009, 07:22 AM

First, I questioned my father's racist tendencies... I also told him I was in love with a Latino and he downright lost his mind.

Well, I wasn't REALLY in love with the Latino... Last thing I need is to share a house with nut jobs who are convinced their genitals make them superior, and a mother who believes snakes talked and an illiterate man who pulled off one hell of a historical prank.

*cough*

Edited to add: Perhaps I misread you. I thought you were picking on Latino stereotypes of Machismo, and supersticious Catholic grandmothers. Now I see you're talking about your fam.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #16 - March 05, 2009, 08:59 AM

Welcome Sistah!  hugs

Good to see you here.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #17 - March 05, 2009, 09:15 AM

This bit always confuses me. Why the fuck do some women swallow this bullshit? I mean not being one I find it completely baffling. You'd need your head examined if you fell for that one.

Reply #18 - March 05, 2009, 10:28 AM

This bit always confuses me. Why the fuck do some women swallow this bullshit? I mean not being one I find it completely baffling. You'd need your head examined if you fell for that one.

It's easier to be a second class citizen than an outcast.
     Reply #19 - March 05, 2009, 02:09 PM

Good point

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - March 05, 2009, 05:13 PM

It baffles me too - and why do they convert? I have met more women converts than men converts? What's up with that?

It's easy to call them dumb, ignorant etc etc... but they can't all be. They must see something they like?

My general opinion of converts is they are people who are dissatisfied with the society around them or are alientated in some way.

Here is a video I aw recently about Hispanics in the USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wny05Dhkyqs
     Reply #21 - March 05, 2009, 05:23 PM

Afro I think its also the fact that certain abused people or groups have become so brainwashed that they'd justify their own abuse & second class status. You know many battered wives would justify their husbands' conduct towards them & believe that they deserve this s***.

That seems to have happened to the world's womenfolk regarding religion, no faith treated them as equals-God seems very obsessed with virginity & obedient wives,leading one to suspect whether He was actually man's alter ego, yet man's power & influence have always been such that women bought into their vision.

Not only that, in every society women are the more devout gender, they show more peity to a god compared to men, while that god, or the idea of that god  treats them as second class. Angry

It baffles me too - and why do they convert? I have met more women converts than men converts? What's up with that?

It's easy to call them dumb, ignorant etc etc... but they can't all be. They must see something they like?

My general opinion of converts is they are people who are dissatisfied with the society around them or are alientated in some way.

Yep, its that aspect, plus the fact that Islam still has traditional family structures & gender roles, or at least gives that impression to many. For many women, its a far easier life being the obedient, devoted housewife to a man who brings home the bacon, than "having it all" & overworking in the process. Islam tells women exactly how to dress, which might help recovering anorexics who feel the West judges them solely as sex symbols. Wink

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #22 - March 05, 2009, 05:31 PM

Most women will convert due to marriage, but I wonder whether one reason for some is because of the veil.  Its a ubiquitous symbol of Islam and is applauded in some feminist circles.  They see it as empowering women as it prevents them being differentiated by their looks, but by their personalities alone.  

When taken in context with the rest of the Quran (e.g. female testimony etc) we realise the reality is very different.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - March 05, 2009, 09:32 PM

Yes but what I was really getting at was why allow that sort of shit to develop in the first place? Our ancestors have a lot to answer for.

Reply #24 - March 05, 2009, 09:39 PM

Yes but what I was really getting at was why allow that sort of shit to develop in the first place? Our ancestors have a lot to answer for.

Yes, it difficult to comprehend in this day and age, but we are talking about different a different culture and day and age.  The same things still happen in Afghanistan and other parts of the world. 

Even prior to Islam,  men already had predjudicial attitudes and women were relatively subjugated.  It was a climate where religions such as Islam would and did thrive, and talk regarding oppression would not be heard nor understood.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - March 05, 2009, 09:41 PM

What I mean is that people are stupid. Including women. Saying it was a different time does nothing to explain the origins of the behaviour in question.

Reply #26 - March 05, 2009, 09:47 PM

cultural evolution?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #27 - March 05, 2009, 10:02 PM

Origin of? Why not evolve in a different direction? Why this one?

Reply #28 - March 05, 2009, 10:09 PM

What I find terrifying is this increasing tendency for Muslims and converts to see Islam standing as a modern day crusade against the West.  

Arguments for Islam tend to be based around anti-western rhetoric, as opposed to any truth they find in the Quran (if they have even bothered to read it).  

Many converts are those that are disenfranchised with the modern day system and convert to Islam based on its "back to basics" message.  A great example of this happening is the Nation of Islam in the USA, and is due to this message rather than any undeniable truth they have found in the scriptures.

With this kind of follower, the damage caused to Islam and present day society will know no bounds.

Islam was primarlily about servitude to Allah, everything else was secondary, but sadly this is no longer the case.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - March 05, 2009, 10:20 PM

Origin of? Why not evolve in a different direction? Why this one?

Over time we have always evolved culturally in a "positive" direction. 

I see the temporary blips are down to (play the horror music) memetic theory, and sadly on this basis there should be no expectation for us to evolve "positively" (genetically or culturally) as you imply.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »