Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
Today at 02:59 PM

Game of Thrones
Today at 12:10 PM

Charlottesville: one dead...
Today at 11:19 AM

At least 13 dead as van r...
Today at 09:01 AM

What music are you listen...
Today at 12:43 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 09:59 PM

How did you tell them?
Yesterday at 08:28 PM

CEMB Greatest Hits - post...
Yesterday at 05:29 PM

Australian leader wears b...
Yesterday at 01:22 PM

New here..
Yesterday at 07:12 AM

Nuclear
Yesterday at 03:30 AM

Real life Miracles /relig...
August 16, 2017, 11:44 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: To smack kids or not to smack..........

(Read 17814 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • To smack kids or not to smack..........
     Reply #180 - February 21, 2016, 10:51 PM

I've often wanted to smack em both! put the  kids in cargo on long haul flights.

Reply #181 - February 21, 2016, 11:33 PM

kids and cargo. bit like cats and kids. anyone remember the tin can food for both?
     Reply #182 - February 21, 2016, 11:53 PM

It's simply put bad and lazy parenting when you beat your kids because you as a parent do not have the patience, knowledge nor competence to teach your child right and wrong without having to degenerate into violence and fear as a method of child rearing.

And I'm saying this as a parent, and a child who grew up with this kind of bullshit. Whenever I hear someone say shit like "spanking is good for kids", I (ironically enough) want to punch that person's teeth out. You know, to teach him stuff like right and wrong Wink

Perfectly put. And I didn´t know Berberella had an ODD kid. I have two of those. It is very trying- I will never be able to explain it to anyone who does not have one 24/7. If you have a kid who is refusing to listen and acting out so badly that you want to smack him/her, well, that kid really needs your help. They might be mentally ill, they might be having a rough time you don´t know about, etc. That makes smacking them even worse. You cannot smack the illness or the anger or the sadness out of a kid. You can love it out of them. Sometimes.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #183 - February 22, 2016, 12:18 AM

i'm an aunt to 3 hyperactive kids. (well their fine now their older). i would'nt dream of hitting a child really.
     Reply #184 - February 22, 2016, 06:01 AM

These days with all the communication links children have at their disposal cutting them off from this network is the equivalent of grounding in my youth. My best friend (brother like) uses his children's reliance on technology as a way to punish them. My step-nephew was offered a fancy phone if he picked up a paper route and stuck with it for a year. He quit a week after starting so no phone. Simple and effective. If they act badly they lose wifi with a quick password change or take away the ps4 controls. It is hilarious how fast cutting off the internet works.

Violence is easy but figuring out what makes children tick is a life-long effort.
     Reply #185 - February 22, 2016, 05:20 PM

My dad beat me when I was a kid, and it left some mental scars. Not smacked, beat.

He beat me viciously when I struggled to name the five prayers, or when I struggled with the qur'an. This is one of the reasons why we don't have a good relationship at all today, in my adulthood. My sister denies that I was beaten (she tends to flock to dad's defense quickly), but whether she likes it or not it still happened.
     Reply #186 - September 09, 2016, 02:52 AM

I was smacked occasionally and had no problem. My mother would just scream and that was more mentally damaging in my view.

My sister-in-law has very good, high achieving kids and won't allow any hitting whatsoever, so I'm following her method. Persian has so many different words for 'love' and she said it to them dozens of times every day, so they're very close and cooperative. She spoils her kids a lot too but it's based on them being good, so it works both ways. The boy was horrible as a toddler but they let him outgrow it and focus on more productive activities.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »