Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: To smack kids or not to smack..........

(Read 77515 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: To smack kids or not to smack..........
     Reply #90 - March 06, 2009, 03:37 PM

lol, there's no "hope", all I mean is that I understand why an atheist would view religious people as a bit kooky or even crazy.

To them we are people who believe in imaginary sky pixies

I don't view theists as crazy, I understand why they have a faith as I used to too, I'm sure many ex-theists can understand too.

Im referring to organized religion where there's a definite entity with specific charateristics etc..

I'm including those too.

and you are an atheist correct?

Yep.

Although I don't speak on behalf of all atheists, but I do object to being categorised with those atheists who insist theists are crazy. As an ex-muslim I can understand why muslims have faith.
     Reply #91 - March 06, 2009, 03:39 PM

Quote from: Arab-Wannabe
    So I dont really see where ive stereotyped him, he clearly engaged in a generalization which is the hallmark of FFI (a site which he supports) and also one of your specialties Mr. Zaephon

Now, where did you say I was stereotyping Muslims?

Based on a thourough analysis of your posts, Ive come to the conclusion that you believe Islam is evil.

That's not "providing direct quotes" unfortunately.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #92 - March 06, 2009, 03:45 PM

So I dont really see where ive stereotyped him, he clearly engaged in a generalization which is the hallmark of FFI (a site which he supports) and also one of your specialties Mr. Zaephon

Based on a thourough analysis of your posts, Ive come to the conclusion that you believe Islam is evil.

That's not "providing direct quotes" unfortunately.

Fine, I went to have a quick look at our previous exchanges and here's what I have (direct quotes)

"It's going down the inevitable drain, that Sharia ordains the killing of apostates. You may not support the killing of apostates or disbelievers, but the noble and beautiful Quran vomits hatred against people like us. Why should I handle the Quran with anything but contempt? That disgusting piece of crap tells people that I must die. According to the noble and beautiful Quran, the only "crime" that Allah will not forgive is disbelief. In other words, pedophilia and genocide --crimes that Mohammad committed firsthand, along with others-- will be forgiven, but Allah wants to torment me in this world and the world beyond. I spit on this vicious, sadistic, lying Allah. "

"Just let me tell you this. I have a BIG problem with any vile ideology that wants to drink my blood just because of my decision to desert it."

"if you have converted to Islam however, which stipulates that I should be killed, that suddenly becomes my problem also. So you have converted to an ideology which was founded by a bloodthirsty pedophile tyrant, and propagated by other lesser tyrants up to the modern age. And you're proud of it? Congrats."

Now, call me crazy but it sure looks like you think Islam is evil.

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #93 - March 06, 2009, 03:47 PM

lol, there's no "hope", all I mean is that I understand why an atheist would view religious people as a bit kooky or even crazy.

I don't view theists as crazy, I understand why they have a faith as I used to too, I'm sure many ex-theists can understand too.

Im referring to organized religion where there's a definite entity with specific charateristics etc..

I'm including those too.

Yep.

Although I don't speak on behalf of all atheists, but I do object to being categorised with those atheists who insist theists are crazy. As an ex-muslim I can understand why muslims have faith.

ok but would you put a monotheist on the level as an onion worshipper?

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

Reply #94 - March 06, 2009, 03:48 PM

I'm including those too.

Yep.

Not really, unless the onion worshipper had a good reason for worshipping onions.
     Reply #95 - March 06, 2009, 03:49 PM

Quote from: BCM

Yes, did I say I don't find Islam evil? I despise Islam and I don't make any efforts to conceal this fact. Now, can you please find my posts where I stereotype Muslims, as you claimed?

Reply #96 - March 06, 2009, 03:49 PM

Actually what I said was that one of your specialties is generalizations. But you're right that I have not provided evidence of this.

Reply #97 - March 06, 2009, 03:50 PM

Actually what I said was that one of your specialties is generalizations. But you're right that I have not provided evidence of this.

I would personally say generalisations are your speciality from what little I've seen of your posts.
     Reply #98 - March 06, 2009, 03:52 PM

I'm including those too.

Yep.

Not really, unless the onion worshipper had a good reason for worshipping onions.

haha but thats the atheists' point isnt it? There really isnt a difference between claiming an onion is god or jesus is god, and about as much evidence for both.

Reply #99 - March 06, 2009, 03:54 PM

I'm including those too.

Yep.

haha but thats the atheists' point isnt it? There really isnt a difference between claiming an onion is god or jesus is god, and about as much evidence for both.

And? I don't believe in god so what were you expecting?
     Reply #100 - March 06, 2009, 03:54 PM

Quote from: BCM

Yes, did I say I don't find Islam evil?

Well you did ask me to "provide any "direct quotes" where I said, or demonstrated, that I believe everything about Islam must be evil"

Reply #101 - March 06, 2009, 03:55 PM

I would personally say generalisations are your speciality from what little I've seen of your posts.

any particular post in mind?

Reply #102 - March 06, 2009, 03:56 PM

I'm including those too.

Yep.

Im asking why a monotheist is not on the same level with an onion worshipper. Do you think it makes more sense to believe in monotheism?

Reply #103 - March 06, 2009, 03:58 PM

So? You're basically admitting that you are stereotyping people without knowing anything about them. You are stereotyping us as stereotypers! Now, may I have the direct quotes please?

Reply #104 - March 06, 2009, 04:01 PM

Stereotyping atheists as you have just done.
     Reply #105 - March 06, 2009, 04:02 PM

I'm including those too.

Yep.

Im asking why a monotheist is not on the same level with an onion worshipper. Do you think it makes more sense to believe in monotheism?

I don't think monotheism has any more sense than polytheism or idol worshipping. If someone wants to add something divine to an onion than so be it.
     Reply #106 - March 06, 2009, 04:04 PM

Im not stereotyping atheists. Its simple logic, if there is no god then there's no substantial difference  between onion worship and monotheism.

At the individual level, its perfectly normal for you to acknowledge the need for belief that some people have but in the end its all belief in an invisible deity isnt it?

Reply #107 - March 06, 2009, 04:06 PM

So? You're basically admitting that you are stereotyping people without knowing anything about them. You are stereotyping us as stereotypers! Now, may I have the direct quotes please?

No Im admitting that I did not provide evidence for my assertion that one of your specialties is generalizing.

and who's us? Im talking to you

Reply #108 - March 06, 2009, 04:08 PM

Im not stereotyping atheists. Its simple logic, if there is no god then there's no substantial difference  between onion worship and monotheism.

At the individual level, its perfectly normal for you to acknowledge the need for belief that some people have but in the end its all belief in an invisible deity isnt it?

The answer depends if you are talking to a weak atheist or a strong atheist.

Then again your generalisation was whether we thought of you as crazies, not whether we differentiate between different types of worship.
     Reply #109 - March 06, 2009, 04:10 PM

Here's a direct quote, that I think is a perfect example of a generalization on your part :

"Moderate Muslims just want their own happiness, obsessed with their own image. I do not think they ever intend to reform Islam, unless there exists significant secular pressure. They are quite conservative in this regard. "

Reply #110 - March 06, 2009, 04:16 PM

The answer depends if you are talking to a weak atheist or a strong atheist.

Then again your generalisation was whether we thought of you as crazies, not whether we differentiate between different types of worship.

I was talking to Cheetah when I said that the first time.

When I mentioned it again I said "I mean is that I understand why an atheist would view religious people as a bit kooky or even crazy.

To them we are people who believe in imaginary sky pixies"

Thats where I generalized but I think its fairly logical if, as you commented earlier, we're talking about strong atheists.

Reply #111 - March 06, 2009, 04:21 PM

Even a strong atheist may not label you as a crazy person. I certainly don't (and I'm a strong atheist). I do think you worship imaginary sky pixies but that is because I do not believe in God, however I can acknowledge that in your view you worship a being who exists and therefore I do not label you as a crazy person.
     Reply #112 - March 06, 2009, 04:25 PM

"Moderate Muslims just want their own happiness, obsessed with their own image. I do not think they ever intend to reform Islam, unless there exists significant secular pressure. They are quite conservative in this regard. "

Wow, what a terrible stereotype... *gasp* I should start posting in Stormfront right now, because of this terrible political stereotype. How dare I make such evil stereotypes! Next, I'll start blaming innocent Muslims for UFO sightings.

Cheesy Cheesy

This is my summary of "moderate Muslims" and their political agenda in Turkey. Because "moderate Islam" is a relatively new appellation and because the Turkish AKP is a designated example of this moderate fairy Islam, it is quite relevant. Do you oppose my summary?

Also, you still haven't created a thread to explain why Mohammad wasn't a pedophile, apart from a vague reference to "historical and cultural context" apologetics.

Reply #113 - March 06, 2009, 04:26 PM

Even a strong atheist may not label you as a crazy person.

Nobody labelled him as a crazy person.  He labelled atheists as people who view religionists as a "bunch of crazies".  He erected a strawman, and produced no evidence for it. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #114 - March 06, 2009, 04:27 PM

Wow, what a terrible stereotype... *gasp* I should start posting in Stormfront right now, because of this terrible political stereotype. How dare I make such evil stereotypes! Next, I'll start blaming the Muslims for UFO sightings.

Its a generalization is it not? I never qualified your generalizations as "terrible" or worthy of stormfront (although I think many many many anti-islam sites are just stormfronts against Muslims, including FFI)

Reply #115 - March 06, 2009, 04:30 PM

however I can acknowledge that in your view you worship a being who exists and therefore I do not label you as a crazy person.

thanks but I never thought you did.

Reply #116 - March 06, 2009, 04:33 PM

Even a strong atheist may not label you as a crazy person.

Nobody labelled him as a crazy person.  He labelled atheists as people who view religionists as a "bunch of crazies".  He erected a strawman, and produced no evidence for it. 

Its more accurate to say that I can understand why atheists would view religious people as crazy.

after all if I said I spoke to god yesterday or if I said I that Im god, most people (and Im including atheists here) would label me crazy.

Reply #117 - March 06, 2009, 04:34 PM

Why? Do you think I can convince or anyone else of the contrary? Come on man, you have already made up your mind about the bloodcult and its founder being evil. You know how the debate will end? you'll say something like "well, despite all the evidence, BCM refuses to admit that mohammad was a pedophile, which makes him a supporter of pedophilia and pedophile worshipper". How could it be otherwise? you've heard all the arguments already about keeping in mind the historical and cultural context of 7th century arabia and summarily rejected them because if you believe Islam and the Prophet to be evil then EVERYTHING about Islam must be evil.

Another massive straw man.  If I assert that Muhammed fits the clinical definition of a paedophile, and then produce evidence for it, I am somehow a bigot who believes that EVERYTHING about Islam and its Prophet is evil. 

*Sigh*   Roll Eyes

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #118 - March 06, 2009, 04:40 PM

Its a generalization is it not? I never qualified your generalizations as "terrible" or worthy of stormfront

No, it is a summary of contemporary Turkish politics. If it's a stereotype, it stems from valid roots.

(although I think many many many anti-islam sites are just stormfronts against Muslims, including FFI)

Lol, talk about stereotypes now! Such integrity!

after all if I said I spoke to god yesterday... most people (and Im including atheists here) would label me crazy.

Mohammad did exactly this, yet a billion Muslims worship his fictional deity. Go figure.

Also, didn't you accuse Cheetah of racism some time ago? That was your cheapest strawman ever, and it just shows how easily you get stuck in your hypothetical constructs.

Reply #119 - March 06, 2009, 04:42 PM

Its more accurate to say that I can understand why atheists would view religious people as crazy.

OK.  But atheists don't view religious people as crazy, whether you "understand" or not.  We view you as misguided, and  no offence,  but a bit childish and gullible. 

But we are not under any illusion that you are insane.

after all if I said I spoke to god yesterday or if I said I that Im god, most people (and Im including atheists here) would label me crazy.

Sure, but how many religious people say that they are God or that they spoke to God yesterday?  Not many, and the few who do are usually already in a padded cell and a straitjacket.  Its not just atheists who view people that hear voices in their heads, and people who think they're a deity,  as insane -  the psychiatric profession views them that way too.

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »