Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.

(Read 215199 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.
     Reply #360 - November 28, 2013, 10:28 PM

MODERN-DAY RADAR TECHNOLOGY

We gave Dawud great favor from Us: 'O mountains and birds! echo with him in his praise!' And We made iron malleable for him: (Surah Saba', 10)

We gave Sulayman understanding of it. We gave each of them judgment and knowledge. We subjected the mountains to Dawud, glorifying, and the birds as well. This is something We are well able to do. (Surat al-Anbiya', 79)

So We subjected the wind to him to blow at his command, softly, wherever he directed. (Surah Sâd, 36)

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #361 - November 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

THE CREATION OF HUMAN BEINGS FROM WATER

Allah created every [living] creature from water. Some of them go on their bellies, some of them on two legs, and some on four. Allah creates whatever He wills. Allah has power over all things. (Qur'an, 24:45)

Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not believe? (Qur'an, 21:30)

And it is He Who created human beings from water and then gave them relations by blood and marriage. Your Lord is All-Powerful. (Qur'an, 25:54)

When we look at the verses concerned with the creation of human beings and living things, we clearly see evidence of a miracle. One such miracle is of the creation of living things from water. It was only possible for people to come by that information, clearly expressed in those verses, hundreds of years afterwards with the invention of the microscope.

Yeah, because no other religion said we come from water.

Also:

CREATION FROM CLAY

In the Qur'an, Allah reveals that the creation of the human is a miracle. The first human being was created by Allah shaping clay into human form and breathing a soul into it:

Your Lord said to the angels, "I am going to create a human being out of clay. When I have formed him and breathed My Spirit into him, fall down in prostration to him!" (Qur'an, 38:71-72)

Then inquire of them: Is it they who are stronger in structure or other things We have created? We created them from sticky clay. (Qur'an, 37:11)

When the human body is examined today, it may be discovered that many elements present on the earth are also to be found in the body. Living tissues contain 95% carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur, with a total of 26 different elements.91 In another verse of the Qur'an we are told:

Sooooooooooooo, which is it?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #362 - November 28, 2013, 10:34 PM

I have to admit to finding it funny they've decided it's cloning.

apparently one of the many cells you can use for cloning is an ear cell. The verse talks about slitting ears of cows. Therefore its about cloning. Not only that, but it is very clear, and you are a hater.
     Reply #363 - November 28, 2013, 10:38 PM

Afro

Reply #364 - November 29, 2013, 08:44 AM

...snip...
    (Clicky for piccy!)
    ....snip..

A picture from the Gulf of Alaska that has been making the rounds on the Internet for the last few years  -- shows a strange natural phenomenon that occurs when heavy, sediment-laden water from glacial valleys and rivers pours into the open ocean. There in the gulf, the two types of water run into each other, a light, almost electric blue merging with a darker slate-blue.

That original photo, however, originates from a 2007 research cruise of oceanographers studying the role that iron plays in the Gulf of Alaska, and how that iron reaches certain areas in the northern Pacific.

Ken Bruland, professor of ocean sciences at University of California-Santa Cruz, was on that cruise. In fact, he was the one who snapped the pic. He said the purpose of the cruise was to examine how huge eddies -- slow moving currents -- ranging into the hundreds of kilometers in diameter, swirl out from the Alaska coast into the Gulf of Alaska.

As for that specific photo, Bruland said that it shows the plume of water pouring out from one of these sediment-rich rivers and meeting with the general ocean water. It’s also a falsehood that these two types of water don’t mix at all, he said.

“They do eventually mix, but you do come across these really strong gradients at these specific moments in time,” he said. Such borders are never static, he added, as they move around and disappear altogether, depending on the level of sediment and the whims of the water.

Mythbusting 'the place where two oceans meet' in the Gulf of Alaska

Reply #365 - December 01, 2013, 03:43 AM

A lot of these miracles are not vague in the sense of the claim. The two seas one is somewhat clear due to the language used. The use of the word transgress for example. Water should not move through this barrier. The issue is the science behind the claims is usually vague, quote-mined or omits other facts. They used surface tension which only applies to the surface of water. There is no mention of the mechanics of water below this surface.

Far from it my friend. Go to a lexicon, and search the word up. The verse, just like every other verse, is vague in its meaning and the science it allegedly corresponds to.
     Reply #366 - December 01, 2013, 03:48 AM

A picture from the Gulf of Alaska that has been making the rounds on the Internet for the last few years  -- shows a strange natural phenomenon that occurs when heavy, sediment-laden water from glacial valleys and rivers pours into the open ocean. There in the gulf, the two types of water run into each other, a light, almost electric blue merging with a darker slate-blue.

That original photo, however, originates from a 2007 research cruise of oceanographers studying the role that iron plays in the Gulf of Alaska, and how that iron reaches certain areas in the northern Pacific.

Ken Bruland, professor of ocean sciences at University of California-Santa Cruz, was on that cruise. In fact, he was the one who snapped the pic. He said the purpose of the cruise was to examine how huge eddies -- slow moving currents -- ranging into the hundreds of kilometers in diameter, swirl out from the Alaska coast into the Gulf of Alaska.

As for that specific photo, Bruland said that it shows the plume of water pouring out from one of these sediment-rich rivers and meeting with the general ocean water. It’s also a falsehood that these two types of water don’t mix at all, he said.

“They do eventually mix, but you do come across these really strong gradients at these specific moments in time,” he said. Such borders are never static, he added, as they move around and disappear altogether, depending on the level of sediment and the whims of the water.

Mythbusting 'the place where two oceans meet' in the Gulf of Alaska

You are one classic man. I have never seen you actually talk in this forum, apart from your rare appearances that debunk a miracle in just one post.
     Reply #367 - December 04, 2013, 03:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlAJosw3Q3o

Dawahman gets completely owned. Long but well worth a watch. Talking about the linguistic miracle.

The sikh guy turns out to be philosophy major from oxford. LMAO
     Reply #368 - December 04, 2013, 05:54 PM

The Sikh was greatly delusional and spoke in a poor manner compared to Dawahman, as he has no argument whatsoever. Dawahman, on the other hand, is just beating a dead horse in trying to desperately find some sort of non-existent objectivity.
     Reply #369 - December 04, 2013, 06:03 PM

I actually thought that the Sikh brother came across as very amicable and the kind of guy youd like to have a chat with, albeit with delusional tendencies.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #370 - December 04, 2013, 06:55 PM

Cheesy

Reply #371 - December 04, 2013, 07:08 PM

I actually thought that the Sikh brother came across as very amicable and the kind of guy youd like to have a chat with, albeit with delusional tendencies.

I agree. He is likeable. But his argument is just "I like it. This blows me away. Therefore Sikhism is true." If you really think about it, the Qur'anic argument is based on the same concept even though there are layers and layers of desperate attempts to objectify something that hides this subjectivity. I guess he is more honest.
     Reply #372 - December 04, 2013, 07:11 PM

You are right bro. I guess the fact that he just so politely said: 'I respect you Muslims, even after the persecutions, we Sikhs have no baggage, you worship God your way and I worship my God my way. No quarrels.'

I like that. That is good delusional. Tzortzis et al. are bad delusional.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #373 - December 04, 2013, 07:12 PM

Dawahman

Reply #374 - December 04, 2013, 07:40 PM

You are right bro. I guess the fact that he just so politely said: 'I respect you Muslims, even after the persecutions, we Sikhs have no baggage, you worship God your way and I worship my God my way. No quarrels.'

I like that. That is good delusional. Tzortzis et al. are bad delusional.

Yeah, one really doesn't mind another person holding a different belief, while the other threatens the person with Hellfire. Watch the entire video. Notice the sheer confidence and joy with which he talks about how the fuel of Hell is men, which in turn, happens to be men like the Sikh. Observe the look in his eyes. It is sickening.
     Reply #375 - December 04, 2013, 07:48 PM

Dawahman, Dawahman.
    Does whatever a liar can
    Spits a lie, of any size
    Confuses the mind with cunning disguise
    Look out! Here comes the Dawahman

Reply #376 - December 04, 2013, 07:56 PM

Afro

Reply #377 - December 04, 2013, 07:58 PM

Who thinks he's a diamond in the rye,
    It's Dawahman
    Sprouting whatever shite he can
    He's a bug in the rug is Dawahman
    Who's pestering passer-by's
    It's Dawahman.

Reply #378 - December 04, 2013, 07:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o29VoxtsFk

great
     Reply #379 - December 04, 2013, 08:02 PM

Spider pig, spider pig....

Reply #380 - December 04, 2013, 08:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714-Ioa4XQw

Reply #381 - December 04, 2013, 08:38 PM

Ugh this Dawahman argument about Christianity are flawed. His one quote about chopping a wife's hand off is so ignorant and well incorrect. First off it's part of the OT not NT so its not anything Christians follow. Second it is part of the penal code. Third it is implying that the wife damaged the man's testicles, he can no longer reproduce. It is the same type of nonsense if I were to take a verse about fighting unbelievers out of context to smear Islam or cutting a thief's hand off. Overall he was very ignorant, confrontational, and condescending. I have no idea where he got his idea about Spain.

I loved how the Sikh turned around the argument about rhetorical devices to show how subjective it was.  Dawahman would barely let the Sikh have a word in once holes were poked into his argument.
     Reply #382 - December 04, 2013, 10:34 PM

I thought this video was interesting especially coming from a physicist that is a Muslim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA8e66Vejkw
     Reply #383 - December 04, 2013, 11:27 PM

Super-muslim extraordinaire
    Dawhman! Dawahman!
    Runs around with a cameracrew
    Dawahman! Dawahman!

Rescues unbelievers from the fires of hell
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Unless something better's on TV
    Dawahman! Dawahman!

His brain's overloading
    It has a propaganda coating
    Textbook case for Sigmund Freud
    Dawahman! Dawahman!

Check out Imran ibn Mansur
    Rapping muslim lad
    Went surfing on the internet
    And was influenced by what he saw there

He turned into the Dawahman
    He's strong and super-quick
    He drives the sensible crazy
    'Cause he's a lunatic!

His home base is the Dawahcave
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Floyd the Barber cuts his hair
    Dawahman! Chimpanzee!

Rides around in the Dawahmobile
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Hopes to make a movie deal
    Dawah me! Dawah you!

He's here to save the nation
    So stay tuned to this station
    If not, we'll be unemployed
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Dududududududud!
    Dawahman!!!

Reply #384 - December 04, 2013, 11:30 PM

Somebody really ought to tell these guys:

As advertised on Euston station. (Image not my own)
     Reply #385 - December 04, 2013, 11:48 PM

Somebody really ought to tell these guys:

(Clicky for piccy!)

As advertised on Euston station. (Image not my own)

well let us put the web link here  http://quranproject.org/
    Our aim - To produce and distribute a free and simple translation of the Qur'an which includes additional appendices beneficial for the seekers of truth. This translation is distributed for free to Non Muslims.

that is what they are doing..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #386 - December 04, 2013, 11:51 PM

For the seekers of the truth of what Islam is really about

Reply #387 - December 04, 2013, 11:52 PM

Super-muslim extraordinaire
    Dawhman! Dawahman!
    Runs around with a cameracrew
    Dawahman! Dawahman!

Rescues unbelievers from the fires of hell
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Unless something better's on TV
    Dawahman! Dawahman!

His brain's overloading
    It has a propaganda coating
    Textbook case for Sigmund Freud
    Dawahman! Dawahman!

Check out Imran ibn Mansur
    Rapping muslim lad
    Went surfing on the internet
    And was influenced by what he saw there

He turned into the Dawahman
    He's strong and super-quick
    He drives the sensible crazy
    'Cause he's a lunatic!

His home base is the Dawahcave
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Floyd the Barber cuts his hair
    Dawahman! Chimpanzee!

Rides around in the Dawahmobile
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Hopes to make a movie deal
    Dawah me! Dawah you!

He's here to save the nation
    So stay tuned to this station
    If not, we'll be unemployed
    Dawahman! Dawahman!
    Dududududududud!
    Dawahman!!!

Perfect.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #388 - December 05, 2013, 12:14 AM

Glad you think so. Poster and Jester of the month is currently up by the way. Just pointing it out.

Reply #389 - December 05, 2013, 12:16 AM

Thanks! Voted for my choices.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »