Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.

(Read 215426 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.
     Reply #150 - February 29, 2012, 10:26 AM

I sent him the list of objections. The one about breast feeding is interesting.

The mothers shall give suck to their children for two whole years, (that is) for those (parents) who desire to complete the term of suckling

What do you make?

There is nothing I love more than truth and honesty.
     Reply #151 - March 25, 2012, 10:02 AM

First of all , making a forum just to attack Islam doesn't make sense , if you're a Christian , then you should try to defend what your book says that Earth is square-shaped , however , let's take your points one by one .

1 - 21:30 Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
    With all my respect , you brought the verse WRONG , the correct translation is :
    21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
    So it clearly states that heaven and earth were joined together but they were separated

2 - 21:33 It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course
    Once again , wrong translation , the correct one is
    And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all [heavenly bodies] in an orbit are swimming.
    And if one read the full context they will see that God is reminding humans of his great creations , and that he is the one who created day and night and sun and moon , then he mentioned that all the heavinly bodies swim in an orbit , so where does God states that sun is swimming around Earth ? And I wanted to post a link but I'm not allowed - -

3 - 51:47 With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of pace.
     for the third time you brought a wrong translation , the correct one is
    And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander.
    So the verse clearly states that space is expanding

4 - 41:12 "So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard."
    The 7 heavens in Islam is NOT the same as you think , the seven heavens as mentioned are :
    1 - The universe
    2-7 - 6 other heavens that we can't see and Muhammad peace be upon him went through , and the proof is that he said that between every sky and the other there is the distance of 500 years of walking

So in the end , we'd really like it if you brought accurate translations

peace
     Reply #152 - March 25, 2012, 10:08 AM

First of all , making a forum just to attack Islam doesn't make sense , if you're a Christian , then you should try to defend what your book says ............

So in the end , we'd really like it if you brought accurate translations

peace

Hmm.. Peace Akahoshi .,

Good point .,

Muslims should hate Islam
    Christians should Christianity
    Jews should hate Judaism
    Hindus should Hinduism
    Buddhist should hate Buddhism  .

Yes hating rubbish inside your own religion and inside yourself is a good start.  That is the  way to go.,

I am glad you are saying that Akahosh.. and welcome to CEMB.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #153 - March 25, 2012, 10:14 AM

Yevezee : Great ! You call my teachings rubbish and I'M the one who is called a terrorist , how fare , and by the way , why didn't you try to reply what I wrote ?
     Reply #154 - March 25, 2012, 10:16 AM

Who called you a terrorist?

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #155 - March 25, 2012, 10:19 AM

I mean it generally , TV always claim that Islam promotes hate and violence but it NEVER shows the crimes of some Christians to Muslims , when a 50 years old man marries a 12 years old ( He's Muslim ) They make a huge fuss and he appears on the first page , but when a Christian ( For example ) RAPES a 7 years old it appears in 5 lines on the last page - -
     Reply #156 - March 25, 2012, 10:21 AM

Yevezee : Great ! You call my teachings rubbish and I'M the one who is called a terrorist , how fare , and by the way , why didn't you try to reply what I wrote ?

Huh!  what happened Akahoshi ?

did I call your teaching rubbish   ..Noo.. you are misinterpreting me ., don't worry.. many readers don't know what i write..
    did I call you terrorist?? where ??  Noo..no..no

true  i agree if some one say that ., it is indeed unfair..

So what did you write., I thought that is what you wrote.. and that is  

Good point .,

Muslims should hate Islam
    Christians should Christianity
    Jews should hate Judaism
    Hindus should Hinduism
    Buddhist should hate Buddhism  .

Is that wrong to do ??

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #157 - March 25, 2012, 10:23 AM

Yevezee : Just because you didn't say it directly , that doesn't meant you didn't , you said that Muslims should hate their teachings and that hating the RUBBISH of one's religion is a GOOD start , so anybody understands it
     Reply #158 - March 25, 2012, 10:30 AM

Yevezee : Just because you didn't say it directly , that doesn't meant you didn't , you said that Muslims should hate their teachings and that hating the RUBBISH of one's religion is a GOOD start , so anybody understands it

well   you are smart guy Akahoshi., I didn't realize that

So you figure out things that are hidden in my words?   that is a good sign., So what is wrong if we clean a bit if   there is  something bad/wrong  in religions/religious book?

Don't you think it is good to clean things?  Please continue to read and write..

Reply #159 - March 25, 2012, 10:38 AM

Look , if you think that there is something wrong with my religion then say it , but do NOT call it rubbish , because I see it as an insult , and if you wanted to discuss these things then just say ( I don't think this makes sense ) without saying ( Rubbish ) Ok ? that is all what I want
     Reply #160 - March 25, 2012, 10:42 AM

Look , if you think that there is something wrong with my religion then say it , but do NOT call it rubbish , because I see it as an insult , and if you wanted to discuss these things then just say ( I don't think this makes sense ) without saying ( Rubbish ) Ok ? that is all what I want

common don't get upset .. i didn't say your religion is rubbish  where Akahoshi?? you reading too much from my words., You didn't even say what your religion is., So you are Muslim guy??  You follow Islam or you follow just Quran??

with best
    yeezevee

Reply #161 - March 25, 2012, 10:48 AM

Yes , I'm a Muslim , and to be a Muslim you must believe in Quran the same way you need to believe in Bible to be a Christian , if you didn't mean to say that my religion is rubbish then I'm sorry , I guess I misunderstood , but as our prophet said ( The best of the sinners are the repentant )
     Reply #162 - March 25, 2012, 10:53 AM

Yes , I'm a Muslim , and to be a Muslim you must believe in Quran the same way you need to believe in Bible to be a Christian , if you didn't mean to say that my religion is rubbish then I'm sorry , I guess I misunderstood , but as our prophet said ( The best of the sinners are the repentant )

yes.. you should be sorry., I didn't say your religion is rubbish as I didn't even know your religion before this post..

well i too follow ..some Quran.. some bible.. some this and some that.. For e.g.

Quarn says Use your brain..

O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing. Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith.

So.. I try to use my brain Akahoshi..

So you think there is absolutely nothing wrong with Islam??

Reply #163 - March 25, 2012, 10:54 AM

Yes , If you want a discussion , then just open a thread
     Reply #164 - March 25, 2012, 10:56 AM

Yes , If you want a discussion , then just open a thread

On what  subject??.. so you want to win debates??  did you debate before??

Reply #165 - March 25, 2012, 11:00 AM

I don't want much debates , I just want to know what do you think is wrong with Quran scientific facts , and yes , I had debates before , some people were polite and you REALLY would go talking with them all day , but some have no manner at all , and I don't mean that you are unpolite , I'm just telling you
     Reply #166 - March 25, 2012, 11:10 AM

@ Akahoshi

Science in the Quran??? get real dude

Reply #167 - March 25, 2012, 11:16 AM

Where are you from, Akahoshi? Do you speak Arabic?

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #168 - March 25, 2012, 11:19 AM

..... I just want to know what do you think is wrong with Quran scientific facts ,

well my opinion  is,  Quran is book of its time., and they mentioned some words what they knew.

As said before., it says "USE YOUR BRAIN"., so i try to use that as much as I can..

and yes , I had debates before , some people were polite and you REALLY would go talking with them all day , but some have no manner at all , and I don't mean that you are unpolite , I'm just telling you

Hmm., Yes you are telling lots of things. That is good, I am willing to learn..,

Yes politeness  and manners is important ., so what do you do if there is a person who may be impolite during the discussion??

I normally don't care., They are impolite why should I care..

Reply #169 - March 25, 2012, 11:26 AM

sturmgewehr : No comment - - , you didn't bring a proof at all

yeezevee : Great , you said your view in an acceptable way , no problem in what you said , and I actually envy you that you can hold your nerves when someone starts cursing and insulting - - I actually can't , but to be honest , I only fire it back at them while they ( This group of people ) insult my religion , they can't blame a good car for a bad driver

harakaat : I'm from Makkah , I do speak Arabic as it is my first language
     Reply #170 - March 25, 2012, 11:32 AM

yeezevee : Great , you said your view in an acceptable way , no problem in what you said , and I actually envy you that you can hold your nerves when someone starts cursing and insulting - - I actually can't , but to be honest , I only fire it back at them while they ( This group of people ) insult my religion , they can't blame a good car for a bad driver

Yes that is true.,  some times even good drivers don't know these modern cars with all electronic gadgets., Language problem., I was talking about insulting  people NOT religions/concepts., .,

As I said before if there is something appears to be wrong,  it is good to discuss and correct it..

Glad to know that.. So you read Quran in Arabic?? What English translation do you think is the right one??

Reply #171 - March 25, 2012, 11:34 AM

Good. So don't go looking at translations, but instead open Lisaan al-Arab and other ma3aajim, and the classical exegeses, and read what they have to say about the verses in question.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #172 - March 25, 2012, 11:35 AM

sturmgewehr : No comment - - , you didn't bring a proof at all

You obviously don't know how to debate, the one making the claim is supposed to bring evidence, if u say you got candy in your pockets then you better show them to me.

Reply #173 - March 25, 2012, 12:16 PM

Sorry to keep you waiting , I was on prayer .

yeezevee : To be honest , we can't give a PERFECT translation of Quran , because the translators also make mistakes , they usually make mistakes according to their times , when they don't understand that the verse means something they translates it into the closest meaning they knew , therefore , one can't make take an old translation and explanation and argue with it . Some people however objected on this , but that is a fact ALL the books of the world can't be translated PERFECTLY , Bible , Torah , Gosbel ( I think Bible and Gosbel are different , if not then tell me ) therefore , whenever people find out that the old translations have something wrong with them , they edit them because they finally knew , to be honest , I don't know much about which are the best translations because this isn't my field , but I personally see that the translations are old and have been made by people from old ages , so they translated according to what has been known , the same as you see in this page :
    anticlaims .wordpress .com ( Of course without spaces , I can't post links so I gave it to you like this )

Harakat : Honestly , that's a big book - - ( More than 2000 pages ) So if you think there is something wrong then give me the page and I'll see

sturmgewehr : What did I claim and didn't bring an evidence of , no really I can't remember , just tell me and I'll bring you my evidence
     Reply #174 - March 25, 2012, 12:18 PM

...snip... the correct translation is :
    21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
    So it clearly states that heaven and earth were joined together but they were separated ...snip...

So what ?

"The idea of a separation of heaven and earth is present in all ancient Near Eastern mythologies. Sumerian mythology tells that the "earth had been separated from heaven" by Enlil, the air-god, while his father An "carried off the heaven." Babylonian mythology in Enuma elish reports the division of
    heaven and earth when the victorious god Marduk forms heaven from the upper half of the slain Tiamat, the primeval salt-water ocean

IV: 138 He split her like a shellfish into two parts
    139 Half of her he set up and ceiled it as sky.

From the remaining parts of Tiamat Marduk makes the earth and the deep.35 The Hittite Kumarbi myth, a version of a Hurrian myth, visualizes that heaven and earth were separated by a cutting tool:

When heaven and earth were built upon me [Upelluri, an Atlas figure] I knew nothing of it, and when they came and cut heaven
    and earth asunder with a copper tool, that also I knew not.  "

http://faculty.gordon.edu/hu/bi/Ted_Hildebrandt/OTeSources/01-Genesis/Text/Articles-Books/Hasel_Cosmology_AUSS.pdf

Reply #175 - March 25, 2012, 12:20 PM

Pertinax : Ok , what's the problem , even if people knew this long ago , God didn't mention something wrong did he ?
     Reply #176 - March 25, 2012, 12:25 PM

Reply #177 - March 25, 2012, 12:28 PM

Sorry to keep you waiting , I was on prayer .

No..no prayer is prayer that is important..

yeezevee : To be honest , we can't give a PERFECT translation of Quran , because the translators also make mistakes , they usually make mistakes according to their times , when they don't understand that the verse means something they translates it into the closest meaning they knew , therefore , one can't make take an old translation and explanation and argue with it . Some people however objected on this , but that is a fact ALL the books of the world can't be translated PERFECTLY , Bible , Torah , Gosbel ...............

That is all fine., but you must have some favorite translation as you quoted verses of Quran in English., So question was,  which one you think i sthe closest to that original Arabic version??

Reply #178 - March 25, 2012, 12:33 PM

sturmgewehr : What did I claim and didn't bring an evidence of , no really I can't remember , just tell me and I'll bring you my evidence

That we are against the science in the Quran, you said SCIENCE IN THE QURAN which means you telling us there is science in the Quran and you have to present where this science is.

Pertinax : Ok , what's the problem , even if people knew this long ago , God didn't mention something wrong did he ?

Also that stuff is false, the heaven and the earth were never together and obviously no one cloved them asunder.

Reply #179 - March 25, 2012, 12:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFwlIS28bs
    Quran Miracle Debunked 16 of 50 : Big Bang theory in the Quran
    A number of prominent Islamic sources claim that the Big bang theory 'was mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago' and use one particular verse to justify it.

What we find is that the proponents of this claim lack a basic understanding of Cosmology, planet formation and element formation, as well as the Quran itself.
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »