Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.

(Read 214886 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.
     Reply #60 - September 16, 2010, 06:48 AM

the verse should be translated as "we put on earth mountains lessen it shakes with u"
     since the word rawasya is a noun and refers to mountains ... no pegs in that aya (verse)

Huh? ur translations are abit messed up i guess

also i might be wrong damn i am not certain about anything anymore lol the confusion is killing me

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
     Reply #61 - November 02, 2010, 02:12 AM

My 50 part 'Quran Miracles Debunked' video series is starting to gain support now. (around 5-8 new subscribers on a good day)

I wonder if I can get it stickied onto the forum (since theres already one thread up there and It's quite limited in comparison)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E463E6D6891DEF37

Part 14 and 15 out of 50 recently uploaded if anyone's interested.
     Reply #62 - December 09, 2010, 06:19 AM

Hi guys,

Nice post Mixu Paatelainen. This notion of science in the quran is a totally new concept accepted by modern day muslims only to promote islam as some sort of divine miracle sent by allah, corrections 'NARRATED BY ALLAH'. I also have something else regarding the trade of mecca during the time of muhammad. In the wikipedia article of 'History of the World' under the section Religion and Philosophy it says:

In the west, the Greek philosophical tradition, represented by Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle, was diffused throughout Europe and the Middle East in the 4th century BCE by the conquests of Alexander III of Macedon, more commonly known as Alexander the Great.

Chances are these philosophical ideas were dispersed into Mecca during that era.
     Reply #63 - December 09, 2010, 06:43 AM

Ya, there are a lot of metaphysics (cant bring myself to call it science) that really has a ancient greek feel to it.
    Like when the quran uses 'atoms'.
    I once had someone tell me this. They were really impressed that the quran knew about atoms. Of course it described an atom in the ancient greek way (as the smallest indivisible piece of something...which was a greek concept, that if you kept cutting something you would eventually get to the smallest part if it that cant be cut anymore, and that was an atom).

Of course this is not what atoms are, nor are they indivisible (just ask the Japanese)......

Funny thing about the 'scientific miracles' is not that they are amazing stretches of the imagination, but that they are usually wrong (to anyone who is not a science illiterate) and seem to show a very outdated natural world view to boot.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #64 - January 25, 2011, 12:12 PM

*BUMP*

here is what i found today on the web with a Muslim response/debunking of Hassan's video!

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarifications-about-islam/134292856-qurans-theft-reason-faith-refutation-aboo-ali.html

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #65 - January 25, 2011, 12:47 PM

^^

"Some of us might have seen videos of Aboo Ali, who is a muslim-turned-atheist, against Quran, God and Islam on youtube. Aboo Ali claims that he was a student of knowledge at Al-Azhar University. It indeed shocks when a knowledgeable Muslim turns to atheism. Imagine, today's most knowledgeable Islamic sheikh becoming an atheist tomorrow and the ripples it would cause across a Muslim society. May Allah (swt) protect sincere slaves of His from such doom."

Some people really do need psychiatric help.

On top of that the guy who posted it is using stuff from abu's blog in order to 'debunk' Hassan.
     Reply #66 - January 25, 2011, 12:54 PM

I loved the bit where he said the claim that Muhammad was able to get hold of Greek literature was unfounded.....but then ultimately concludes that reading a book from a library (or having it read to you) is less likely than there being an intelligent creator of the universe who likes to remain hidden but chose send a being made of light (that only Muhammad's eyes can see and only his ears can hear) to reveal its laws whilst refusing to confirm its supernatural origin by providing supernatural evidence.

I must admit, the idea that Muhammad went to the library IS fucking ridiculous :-)

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #67 - January 25, 2011, 02:15 PM

Anyone wants to go and troll/counter that thread? Rationaliser you will roll heads there!  Afro

Reply #68 - January 25, 2011, 02:37 PM

I replied as follows

Muhammad didn't pick out only the ones which were correct.  He also picked out the ones which were wrong, but due to the flexibility of the Arabic language and/or the flexibility of the minds of those who translate it it is possible to pretend those verses mean something else.

For example, in Aristotle's chicken experiments where he observed the developmental stages of chickens do you know what the first stage is?  A clot of blood!  A blood clot appears, which then spreads out (forming veins) and then starts to twitch regularly.  As people hadn't done experiments on human bodys at the time it was common throughout the world for people to believe human bodys worked in the same way we observed animals.

People read the Quran where it says we are made as an "Alaqa" and instead of interpreting it as "clot of blood" as it was for many years we now know that the embryo is NEVER a clot of blood so it is instead translated to mean "leech like clot" - where people are asked to concentrate on the words "leech like" and ignore the word "clot" which is still wrong!

If you read Ibn Kathir....."then We made the Nutfah, which is the water gushing forth that comes from the loins of man, i.e., his back, and the ribs of woman, i.e., the bones of her chest, between the clavicle and the breast. Then it becomes a red clot, like an elongated clot."

Not only does this corroborate that the Quran is talking about a blood clot rather than a leech, but it also shows how the liquid gushes from between the man's back and his ribs.  Do you know why?  Because the Vas Deferens tube hooks over the pipe going from the kidney to the bladder - so people used to see this pathway and think that sperm was made from between the ribs and the backbone (the kidney area) rather than realising it was made just below the penis but took a detour on only one side.

At the time Galen's books were THE medical authority for most of the world, they were translated into many languages.  I open the Quran and see the same mistakes as in Galens book and then I am asked to believe that they really mean something different and more obscure, and that these words came to Muhammad via an invisible angel made of light that only Muhammad could see which was sent by an intelligent creator of the universe who wanted to give all mankind a message but for some reason chose not provide us with supernatural evidence of its supernatural origin - and you ask me to believe this because the idea that Muhammad got a book out from the library is too far fetched?

Just in case they delete it.

Reply #69 - January 25, 2011, 02:40 PM

HERO!

Reply #70 - January 25, 2011, 03:07 PM

Good work Rationalizer  Afro

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #71 - January 25, 2011, 03:10 PM

My posts on that website tend to get deleted quite often.

Reply #72 - January 25, 2011, 03:11 PM

Did you ever protest against such censorship or ask why?
     Reply #73 - January 25, 2011, 03:14 PM

I protested many times, my protests were deleted and I received a warning strike for questioning the authority of moderators.  I then protested in private with the mods, they told me that my posts were often deleted because "They won't help anyone." - In other words, they were deleted because they should be encouraging people to continue to believe in Islam.

Reply #74 - January 25, 2011, 03:16 PM

I posted in your support. Lets see how long will it take them to ban both of us.. Cheesy

and many others...
     Reply #75 - January 25, 2011, 06:15 PM

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Trolls are not welcome

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Strange that, I only remember offering impartial statements and at no point did I troll at all.

Reply #76 - January 25, 2011, 06:22 PM

*Heavy metal music*

Mighty cat enters the forum

Registering now.
     Reply #77 - January 25, 2011, 06:26 PM

Please link to my "How the Quran led me out of darkness" and challenge anyone to say that I am biased.

Reply #78 - January 25, 2011, 06:27 PM

I protested many times, my protests were deleted and I received a warning strike for questioning the authority of moderators.  I then protested in private with the mods, they told me that my posts were often deleted because "They won't help anyone." - In other words, they were deleted because they should be encouraging people to continue to believe in Islam.

What happened to you in the space of a day, is what Islams been doing for the past 1400 years  whistling2

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #79 - January 25, 2011, 06:28 PM

Please link to my "How the Quran led me out of darkness" and challenge anyone to say that I am biased.

I will, I'm going to challenge the entire foundation of the thread aswell.

I have to wait for the Admin to accept my account, has that just been put in place or was it like that when you registered?
     Reply #80 - January 25, 2011, 06:38 PM

My reply was deleted too. But many of them tried to debunk your post.

and many others...
     Reply #81 - January 25, 2011, 06:39 PM

Same here, although my post had nothing in it.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Trolls are not welcome

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

and many others...
     Reply #82 - January 25, 2011, 06:40 PM

Anyone can debunk our posts, the issue only arises when we're allowed to prove how they didnt... yes
    Hence the ban's and comment removals.
     Reply #83 - January 25, 2011, 08:08 PM

This video's mirror on another channel has a comments debate going on that the channel's owner notified us of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNYxf06xTmw

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #84 - January 25, 2011, 08:31 PM

Awesome video. Just reading these comments, and this rahatkhan dude is trying his best to talk prove keith moore is right.

and many others...
     Reply #85 - January 25, 2011, 08:42 PM

Check this out:

Sigma: BTW I'm not sure if you guys know. But Abu Yunus's Blog is not up anymore, he deleted it...because I'm afraid to say he's no longer a muslim.

Perseveranze: Aslaaamu Alaikum, Who is he?

Sigma: Wasalam, He is the refuter in the original post.

Zafran: please delete mods

Cheesy
     Reply #86 - January 25, 2011, 08:48 PM

Check this out:

Sigma: BTW I'm not sure if you guys know. But Abu Yunus's Blog is not up anymore, he deleted it...because I'm afraid to say he's no longer a muslim.

Perseveranze: Aslaaamu Alaikum, Who is he?

Sigma: Wasalam, He is the refuter in the original post.

Zafran: please delete mods

Cheesy

Unless they follow each other over the world wide web, how the hell do people like Sigma know what or what AbuY doesnt believe in.  I doubt even AbuY does!

anyhow lol @ Zafran asking to delete these posts.

Its not just the mods, the members are involved in one massive cover-up too!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #87 - January 25, 2011, 08:53 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

What forum are you talking about?

and many others...
     Reply #88 - January 25, 2011, 09:09 PM

The one that atheist.pk posted in this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarifications-about-islam/134292856-qurans-theft-reason-faith-refutation-aboo-ali.html
     Reply #89 - January 25, 2011, 09:11 PM

Unless they follow each other over the world wide web, how the hell do people like Sigma know what or what AbuY doesnt believe in.  I doubt even AbuY does!

anyhow lol @ Zafran asking to delete these posts.

Its not just the mods, the members are involved in one massive cover-up too!

What a bunch of wankers.

But yeah, I get his point.

It doesn't look good for your argument when even the guy who originally created it supposedly apostatised.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »