Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.

(Read 214805 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.
     Reply #30 - February 12, 2010, 12:11 PM

nice vids - what started you're interest in islam? Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - February 22, 2010, 05:10 PM

Explained here:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8832.0

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #32 - May 18, 2010, 06:08 PM

mods - why is this thread stickied?  I would have thought a better one would be the science one that Hassan did to create his scientific miracles of quran debunked video

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - May 18, 2010, 06:12 PM

anyhow here are mine & Hassans debunking quranic scientific miracles videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK7-kZwa1IY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-k4COBCnnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XLg-SRGMNk

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #34 - June 17, 2010, 11:54 PM

21:33  It is He Who created night and day and the sun and moon, each one swimming in a sphere.

I'm sure, if we've done so much of research against Quran, we're not completely idiots.

The word "swim" in the above verse is expressed in Arabic by the word "sabaha" and is used to describe the movement of the Sun in space. The word means that the Sun does not move randomly through space but that it rotates around its axis and follows a course as it does so. The fact that the Sun is not fixed in position but rather follows a specific trajectory is also stated in another verse:

And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. (Qur'an, 36:38)

These facts set out in the Qur'an were only discovered by means of astronomical advances in our own time. According to astronomers' calculations, the Sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph. In rough terms, this shows that the Sun traverses some 17.28 million km a day. As well as the Sun itself, all the planets and satellites within its gravitational field also travel the same distance.

So I'd recommend, you debunk your research before even attempting to debunk Quran. 
     Reply #35 - June 18, 2010, 12:24 AM

These interpretations are rather elaborate interpretations of the verses to try and make it compatible with modern science.

Tell me this; if that is what these verses really meant, why did Muslims wait until Western scientists had discovered this to claim that it says that in the Qur'an anyway. And why did Islamic scholars believe for hundreds of years, in a geocentric universe? Was Allah not being entirely clear in his book?

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #36 - June 18, 2010, 12:45 AM

21:33  It is He Who created night and day and the sun and moon, each one swimming in a sphere.

I'm sure, if we've done so much of research against Quran, we're not completely idiots.

The word "swim" in the above verse is expressed in Arabic by the word "sabaha" and is used to describe the movement of the Sun in space. The word means that the Sun does not move randomly through space but that it rotates around its axis and follows a course as it does so. The fact that the Sun is not fixed in position but rather follows a specific trajectory is also stated in another verse:

And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. (Qur'an, 36:38)

These facts set out in the Qur'an were only discovered by means of astronomical advances in our own time. According to astronomers' calculations, the Sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph. In rough terms, this shows that the Sun traverses some 17.28 million km a day. As well as the Sun itself, all the planets and satellites within its gravitational field also travel the same distance.

So I'd recommend, you debunk your research before even attempting to debunk Quran. 

What mixu said is exactly right. Every Muslim scholar/scientist believed the sun orbited the earth up until atleast Copernicus first developed the heliocentric theory (along with Jews and Christians) . Another flaw in your argument is that the Quran says the earth is fixed and unmoving.

Even scholars of our lifetime (about 20 years ago) have clearly stated that the sun revolves around the earth. Here it is...

Fatawa Arkanul-Islam
    (Islamic Verdicts o­n the Pillars of Islam)
    Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-Uthaymeen (Rahimallah)
    Pgs. 67-72

Question:
    Does the sun revolve around the earth?

Answer:
    It is apparent from the Islamic evidences that they confirm that it is the sun which revolves around the earth, and by its revolving the alternation of night and day takes place o­n the surface of the earth. It is not for us to exceed the apparent meanings of these evidences without some evidence stronger than that, which permits us to explain them differently from their apparent meaning. Among the proofs that the sun revolves around the earth in a manner which causes the alternation of the night and day are the following:

1) Allah, the Most High says, that when Ibraheem (alayhee salaam), disputed with the o­ne who argued with him concerning his Lord:

"Verily, Allah brings the sun form the east; then bring it you from the west."
    {Surah Al-Baqarah 2:258}

2) He also tells us that Ibraheem (alayhee salaam) said:

"When he saw the sun rising up, he said: 'This is my lord. This is greater.' But when it set, he said: 'O my people! I am indeed free from all that you join as partners (in worship with Allah)."
    {Surah Al-An'am 6:78}

So He described the settings as an attribute of the sun and not that the earth set upon it, for if it was the earth which revolved, He would have said: but when (the earth) set upon it.

3) Allah the Most High says:

"And you might have seen, the sun, when it rose, declining to the right from their Cave, and when it set, turning away from them to the left."
    {Surah Al-Kahf 18:17}

He has described the declining and turning away as descriptions of the sun, and that is a proof that the movement was from the sun. If it was a description of the earth, He would have said: Their Cave declined from it. Likewise, describing the sun as rising and setting proves that it is the sun which revolves, even though the indication of the may be less than the indication in His Words:

"declining" & "turning away from them"

4) Allah, the Most High says:

"And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun, and the moon, each in an orbit floating." {Surah Al-Anbiya 21:33}

Ibn Abbas (radiallahu anhu) said: "They revolve in an orbit, like the turning of a mill. This was widely reported from him.

5) Allah, the Most High says:

"He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly." {Surah Al-Ara'af 7:54}

He described the night as seeking the day, and the seeker rushes and overtakes, and it is well known that the night and the day follow the sun.

6) Allah, the Most High says:

"He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each running (on a fixed course) for an appointed term. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving." {Surah Az-Zumar 39:5}

and His Words:

"He makes the night to go in the day"

that is, it turns around it, as a turban is wrapped around, which proves the revolving of the night and the day around the earth. If it were the earth which revolved around them, He would have said: He causes the earth to revolve around the night and day.

And in His words:

"the sun and the moon, each running (on a fixed course)."

It is clear from what precedes it that it is a proof that the sun and the moon move in a perceptible orbit, because subjecting something which moves to its movement is more apparent than subjecting something stationary which does not move.

7) Allah, the Most High say:

"By the sun and its brightness. By the moon as it follows it (the sun)." {Surah Ash-Shaams 91:1-2}

and the meaning of:

"follows it"

is that 'it comes after it' and this is a proof of their moving and revolving around the earth, for if it were the earth which revolved around them, the moon would not be following the sun; rather it would sometimes be following it and sometimes it would be followed by it, because the sun is higher than it. And deduction from this verse requires study and reflection.

Cool Allah, the Most High say:

"And the sun runs o­n its fixed course for a term {appointed}. That is the Decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. And the moon, We have measured for it mansions {to traverse} till it returns like the old dried date stalk. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit. {Surah Ya-Sin 36:38-40}

So, attributing the movement to the sun and describing it as a Decree from the Almighty, Most Wise proves that it is a real movement with a far-reaching Decree, since the consequence of it is the alternation of the night and day and the seasons.

The measure of the moon's mansions {i.e., stations} is a proof that it traverses them, for if it was the earth which revolves , the measuring of the mansions would be for the earth's movement around the moon and not for the moon's movement around it.

And negating the sun's ability to overtake the moon, and the night's ability to outstrip the day are evidence of the rushing movement o­n the part of the sun and the moon, and the night and the day.

9) The Prophet (alayhee salatul wasalaam) said to Abu Tharr (radiallah anhu), when the sun had just set:

"Do you know where it goes?"

He said, "Allah and His Messenger knows best." He (alayhee salatul wasalaam) said:

"Verily, it goes (i.e., travels) and it prostrates beneath the Throne and seeks permission to rise, and permission is granted to it. Then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go o­n its course but will not be permitted, but it will be ordered: Return from whence you came, and so it will rise in the West." ***

***{Reported by Bukhari in the Book of the Beginning of Creation, in the Chapter: Description of the Sun and the Moon (#3199), and by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter: Explanation of the Time When Faith will not be accepted (#159).}

So and it is extremely clear from his words: Return from whence you came that it revolves around the earth and through its revolving the sunrise and sunset occur.

10) It is clear form the many Ahadith which attribute rising, setting, and declining from its zenith to the sun, that it is the sun which does so and so and the earth.

There are most probably other proofs that are not present with me at the moment, but what I have mentioned is a sumamry of the subject, and it is sufficient for my purpose. And Allah is the Granter of success.

Here is the statement of ibn Baz

From ‘Abdul-‘Aziz ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baz to the honoured brothers

May Allah direct you to what pleases Him. Aamin

Salamun alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu…

….As for what the magazine, as-Siyasah has published about me quoting from al-Bayan that was written by the writers of at-Tajamu’ at-Taqadumi in Egypt in regards to me denying the landing of man on the moon and me making takfir [to declare a person a disbeliever] of the one who says it or says that the earth is round or rotates - then it is a pure lie; it has no basis of authenticity. And perhaps the one who quoted it did not intend the lie but failed to verify the quote.

My statement is published and distributed and I explained the response to the one who denies the landing of man on the moon and the kufr [disbelief] of one who says it. Furthermore, I clarified that it is an obligation on the one who does not have knowledge to withhold and not to affirm or deny until some knowledge is attained which necessitate affirmation or denial.

Also, I affirm in the statement what I have quoted from the Allamah Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allah have mercy upon him, that which proves the affirmation of the roundness of the earth.

As far as its rotation, then I have denied it and explained the evidences denying it. However, I did not declare takfir upon the one who upholds it. I only declared takfir(disbelief) upon the one who says that the sun is stationary and does not run on a course because this statement collides with the clarity of the Noble Qur’an and the pure authentic Sunnah which both prove that the sun and the moon both run on a course(moving)

Was-Salamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

General Director of the Offices of General Research, Verdicts, Da’wah, and Guidance.

(Ibn Baz)

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #37 - June 18, 2010, 11:42 AM

The word means that the Sun does not move randomly through space

Not necessarily - but regardless, it is not a miracle. It was already believed the sun moved on a fixed course.

The word means... it rotates around its axis and follows a course as it does so.

No it doesn't.

The fact that the Sun is not fixed in position but rather follows a specific trajectory

Again, not necessarily, but nevertheless still not a miracle. It was already believed the Sun followed a fixed course.

These facts set out in the Qur'an were only discovered by means of astronomical advances in our own time

What facts are there in the Qur'an that were only discovered in our own time?

According to astronomers' calculations, the Sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph. In rough terms, this shows that the Sun traverses some 17.28 million km a day. As well as the Sun itself, all the planets and satellites within its gravitational field also travel the same distance.

Where is all that stated in the Qur'an?

Reply #38 - July 06, 2010, 06:46 PM

Very cool Vid about embryology in the quran. REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmIEeM8CSbA

Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro
     Reply #39 - July 07, 2010, 08:46 AM

An excellent couple of videos Smiley

Reply #40 - July 21, 2010, 08:37 PM

This made me smile:

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/quran-hadith-prophet-muhammad/scientific-miracles-quran-video-cemb-2410

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #41 - July 22, 2010, 09:59 AM

I couldn't resist, I joined Smiley

Reply #42 - July 22, 2010, 04:01 PM

Oh you. Roll Eyes

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #43 - July 23, 2010, 10:23 AM

My first response has been posted.  He chose "Mountains as pegs, lest the earth should shake" as his definitive claim to a miracle Smiley

Reply #44 - July 23, 2010, 10:59 AM

It seems like Maurice bucaille embraced Islam:

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/newsletters/issue_6/embraced.aspx
     Reply #45 - July 23, 2010, 11:00 AM

LOL. That one actually proves to me that the author of the Qur'an had no clue about the actual nature of the world.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #46 - July 23, 2010, 11:04 AM

It seems like Maurice bucaille embraced Islam:

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/newsletters/issue_6/embraced.aspx

Yea, it only seems like that. Look at the way he phrases his answers. They're pretty vague. Why, if he really converted, doesn't he make it explicit? I know of more than two videos where scientists converted and declared their faith in Islam in front of an audience. Maurice doesn't really have to do this, but why not make it explicit? Has anyone seen him frequent a mosque? Attending the Friday prayers? No? LOL...

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #47 - July 23, 2010, 11:09 AM

Quote from: Article
    Q: The world is now celebrating the first centenary of Darwin, do you subscribe to Darwinian theory or disagree with it?
    A: No Sir, I oppose it vehemently. Darwin's theory is totally based on a misconception and is not at all the outcome of such a scientific research as could prove that there exists the slightest relation between man and the theory of evolution of species as propounded by him. In fact his views are nothing but the misguided and misconceived calculations of a purely materialistic mind. My latest book (Origin of Man) contains a comprehensive "Rebuttal Article" on Darwin and his views.

Constantly questioned as to whether or not he became a Muslim, now suddenly he has an article saying he did.  In the same article he announces his new book.

YEAH, RIGHT.

The bank balance is running low from the last scam he pulled, and now he knows he cannot release a new book without telling the world he is a muzzy.  I am a tad suspicious, especially after that gross misrepresentation of evolution of species.

Reply #48 - July 26, 2010, 09:46 PM

Yea, it only seems like that. Look at the way he phrases his answers. They're pretty vague. Why, if he really converted, doesn't he make it explicit? I know of more than two videos where scientists converted and declared their faith in Islam in front of an audience. Maurice doesn't really have to do this, but why not make it explicit? Has anyone seen him frequent a mosque? Attending the Friday prayers? No? LOL...

I can't wait to see Maurice Bucaille fasting and offering all the Taraweeh prayers.  cool2

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #49 - July 27, 2010, 09:59 AM

He has told people in a press release (apparently) that he is a Muslim.  However despite calls from people for many years to do this he never did until now.......when his new book is due to come out.

My suspicion is that the money ran out, and he knew that he would lose all his Muzzy Kudos if he didn't say he was one of the Ummah.

Reply #50 - August 06, 2010, 07:37 PM

Finally updated my "Speed of light" video.  I recreated it using After Effects.  It's amazing that I was able to cut the time down by about 50% from the first time I created it, I must naturally talk too much Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPLyu3ci48

Reply #51 - August 06, 2010, 09:48 PM

Good video.  Afro

Quite technical, I must say.
    I haven't seen the claim that Muslims use about this topic, so I guess if they try to blind people with science, it is important that YouTubers like you respond to their bullshit/lies with very clear rebuttals.  Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #52 - August 06, 2010, 09:52 PM

Here is the original video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06NRxaRi1pw

There are various websites
    http://speed-light.info/speed_of_light_12000.htm
    http://www.speed-light.info/angels_speed_of_light.htm

and numerous others.

Reply #53 - August 09, 2010, 11:15 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention the errors the Qur'an makes in embryology and human development that were lifted straight from the Greeks, and are also blatantly WRONG.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #54 - August 09, 2010, 11:22 PM

Here's a video showing a few of the embryonic errors in the Qur'an:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm-_etZmWk

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #55 - August 28, 2010, 06:27 PM

hey Ladies and Gents
    for those of  you with time on your hands , any response to this *miracle*?

VERSE

Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them
     together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of
     it....

(Quran, 24:43)

....And He sends down hail from mountains (clouds) in the sky, and He strikes
     with it whomever He wills, and turns it from whomever He wills. The vivid flash of
     its lightning nearly blinds the sight.

(Quran, 24:43)

SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE

Scientists have studied cloud types and have realized that rain clouds are formed and shaped according to definite systems and certain steps connected with certain types of wind and clouds.One kind of rain cloud is the cumulonimbus cloud. Meteorologists have studied how cumulonimbus clouds are formed and how they produce rain, hail, and lightning.They have found that cumulonimbus clouds go through the following steps to produce rain:

1) The clouds are pushed by the wind: Cumulonimbus clouds begin to form when wind pushes some small pieces of clouds (cumulus clouds) to an area where these clouds converge.

2) Joining: Then the small clouds join together forming a larger cloud

3) Stacking: When the small clouds join together, updrafts within the larger cloud increase. The updrafts near the center of the cloud are stronger than those near the edges.

These updrafts cause the cloud body to grow vertically, so the cloud is stacked up This vertical growth causes the cloud body to stretch into cooler regions of the atmosphere, where drops of water and hail formulate and begin to grow larger and larger. When these drops of water and hail become too heavy for the updrafts to support them, they begin to fall from the cloud as rain, hail, etc

Meteorologists have found that these cumulonimbus clouds, that shower hail, reach a height of 25,000 to 30,000 ft (4.7 to 5.7 miles),5 like mountains, as the Quran said, ...And He sends down hail from mountains (clouds) in the sky... This verse may raise a question. Why does the verse say its lightning in a reference to the hail? Does this mean that hail is the major factor in producing lightning? Let us see what the book entitled Meteorology Today says about this. It says that a cloud becomes electrified as hail falls through aregion in the cloud of supercooled droplets and ice crystals. As liquid droplets collide with a hailstone, they freeze on contact and release latent heat. This keeps the surface of the hailstone warmer than that of the surrounding ice crystals. When the hailstone comes in contact with an ice crystal, an important phenomenon occurs: electrons flow from the colder object toward the warmer object. Hence, the hailstone becomes negatively charged. The same effect occurs when supercooled droplets come in contact with a hailstone and tiny splinters of positively charged ice break off. These lighter positively charged particles are then carried to the upper part of the cloud by updrafts. The hail, left with a negative charge, falls towards the bottom of the cloud, thus the lower part of the cloud becomes negatively charged. These negative charges are then discharged as lightning. We conclude from this that hail is the major factor in producing lightning.

SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY:

Meteorologists have only recently come to know these details of cloud formation, structure, and function by using advanced equipment like planes, satellites, computers, balloons, and other equipment, to study wind and its direction, to measure humidity and its variations, and to determine the levels and variations of atmospheric pressure.
    This information on lightning was discovered recently. Until 1600 AD, Aristotles ideas on meteorology were dominant. For example, he said that the atmosphere contains two kinds of exhalation, moist and dry. He also said that thunder is the sound of the collision of the dry exhalation with the neighboring clouds, and lightning is the inflaming and burning of the dry exhalation with a thin and faint fire. These are some of the ideas on meteorology that were dominant at the time of the Qurans revelation, fourteen centuries ago.

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #56 - August 28, 2010, 06:48 PM

This is easy...

Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them
     together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of
     it....

A simple visible observation that anyone could have made and told him about.

....And He sends down hail from mountains (clouds) in the sky, and He strikes
     with it whomever He wills, and turns it from whomever He wills. The vivid flash of
     its lightning nearly blinds the sight.

Go to the middle-east and many people haven't seen snow, but they know it exists......on the tops of mountains.  So, if snow is on mountains then it makes sense (if you are ignorant) that this is where hail comes from.

Ask yourself "What would an ignoramos think?" and most of the time you get your answer.  Then 1,400 years later people pick and choose different verses and try to match them up to scientific discoveries.....because they are twats.

Reply #57 - August 28, 2010, 07:50 PM

lol
    i want for  religion and it's silliness  to be over :(

my current location isn't helping *sigh*

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #58 - August 28, 2010, 08:01 PM

My comment about the hail is actually based on a real life experience.  When I was 17 I went to Morocco.  The guy who we paid to show us around for a few days told us that his life goal was to see snow.  For us it was shocking that there was someone in the world who had never seen snow, but then it became immediately obvious that there would be lots of such people.

However what struck me was what he said "I know that snow exists on the tops of mountains, and sometimes it comes down".  I remember thinking at the time "He thinks it comes off the mountain".  If I recall correctly my dad put him straight on the matter.

Reply #59 - September 16, 2010, 06:31 AM

just saw ur discussion with that abdul fatah guy from the islamic forum just wanted to point out that

1- رَوَاسِيَ ... rawasya meens = الثَّوابتُ  .... al sawabet  
    i dont know how to correctly and percisely give an accurate english word for it ... so i wont
    but
    2- a peg means = وتد single .... at least this is how i perceive it from speaking modern day egyptian arabic

then again i am not that knowledgable about arabic .. its my native tounge but ..well u get the idea i hope

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »