Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Speaklow

(Read 6155 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Speaklow
     OP - February 20, 2009, 07:12 PM

Hi Speaklow,

I hope you are not offended but are you the poster Nostrillo that used to be on FFI?

I know you said you are a Christian - but are you a practicing one?

What is your aim/purpose of being here?

Are you hoping for converts?

Or just part of some 'war against Islam'?

Or here to gather information - what for?

Are you in the US or UK?

Sorry, but I find that when I can't understand or see clearly where someone is coming from I start to wonder about these things.

• Re: Speaklow
     Reply #1 - February 20, 2009, 08:06 PM

Hassan,
    I have not seen anything from Speaklow where in he is aiming to convert.
     Reply #2 - February 20, 2009, 10:18 PM

Hi Hassan,

No I am not this individual.

As I've said many times before this is the first and only forum I've ever posted on.

Why what's the problem?
     Reply #3 - February 20, 2009, 10:30 PM

Hi Hassan,

No I am not this individual.

As I've said many times before this is the first and only forum I've ever posted on.

Why what's the problem?

OK, thanks. It's not a problem, but I would like to understand a bit more about where you are coming from and why you are here.

It's difficult to get a handle on a person on an internet forum and it is easy to get the wrong idea. I sometimes see little things in your posts that make me wonder what your agenda might be.

So why are you here?

Are you hoping to gently guide ex-Muslims to Christ?

Do you hope one day we will all be Christians?

Are you hoping to rid your country of Islam?

Which country are you from?

Are you here just because you simply support ex-Muslims, freedom etc...?

Etc...
     Reply #4 - February 20, 2009, 10:35 PM

Hi Speaklow,

I hope you are not offended but are you the poster Nostrillo that used to be on FFI?

I know you said you are a Christian - but are you a practicing one?

Are you hoping for converts?

Or just part of some 'war against Islam'?

Or here to gather information - what for?

Are you in the US or UK?

Sorry, but I find that when I can't understand or see clearly where someone is coming from I start to wonder about these things.

Hi Hassan,

Let me answer your questions for you to put your mind at rest.

No I am not Nostrillo on FFI. I've only known about the FFI site for about a year.

No I not a practicing Christian though I was brought up in a Christian environment. That I'm afraid I have in common with one third of this planet.

My aim here is to learn about Islam and people if you don't mind.

I am not hoping for converts as that is a personal matter for the individual in question.

Am I engaged in a war against Islam? No. If I was I would not spend my time on a forum.

Do I dislike Islam? Yes I do but that's not a crime.

I am not here to gather information for the CIA, FBI, BBC or ICF.

Yes I am from the UK.

With those answers feel free to put me in whatever box you seem fit.
     Reply #5 - February 20, 2009, 10:56 PM

lol OK, Speaklow, sorry I don't mean to upset you, sometimes I may read into something an ulterior motive that may not be there. You will have to forgive me a certain amount of suspicion. Islam, Muslims, ex-Muslims etc... are topics that attracts all sorts.

I just like to know where people are coming from - and get a handle on them so I can feel more comfortable about them.

Smiley
     Reply #6 - February 20, 2009, 11:11 PM

No I'm not offended Hassan but too be honest I was expecting some sort of approach from you as I personally think that you're still not settled after your exit from Islam.

You seem to believe that people are out there trying to convert you as you've mentioned this a few times in some of your posts.

I have to ask do you feel that vulnerable right now that you can be sucked into another religion?

Reply #7 - February 20, 2009, 11:52 PM

I think you need to relax a bit, Hassan. Why are you so anxious about Christians? Why do you feel vulnerable against them?

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #8 - February 21, 2009, 12:18 AM

I have to ask do you feel that vulnerable right now that you can be sucked into another religion?

Maybe, yes. I think it is only natural to feel a bit vulnerable and at sea after losing one's beliefs and the sense of direction and certainty that gives.

But what really irritates me is that some Christians would seek to take advantage of this vulnerability.
     Reply #9 - February 21, 2009, 12:34 AM

I still find the saying true (although maybe not the muslim bit so much):

"Knowledge precedes speech and action. Muslims follow the middle path, they act with knowledge; Jews know but do not act; and Christians act without knowledge" grin12

"9iraa6 alladheena an3amta 3layhim, ghayril magh.9oobi 3layhim, walaa .9aaleen..." -Surah al-Faati7a 1:7

Although this doesn't apply to all Christians, just mostly of the zealous convert seeking types. Tongue

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #10 - February 21, 2009, 07:49 AM

Well my advice to you Hassan is the next time you have doubts about someone do the decent thing put those doubts into a private message rather than going public in an attempt to 'smoke that person out' because it looks as though you are starting some sort of witch hunt. In recent months you've done something similar with both BerberElla and Baal.

With regards to conversion to be honest I couldn't give at toss if you convert to another religion . I'm just happy you are no longer a Muslim.

All the best
     Reply #11 - February 21, 2009, 09:38 AM

With regards to conversion to be honest I couldn't give at toss if you convert to another religion . I'm just happy you are no longer a Muslim.

So,
    muslim < anything else
     eh?

Makes me wanna say "La ilaha illAllah, Muhammadan Rasool Allah" and bite my thumb at you, Tongue

(being a mod, I can't say what I'd want to say rather than the polite "bite my thumb at you" Tongue)

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #12 - February 21, 2009, 10:05 AM

So,
    muslim < anything else
     eh?

Makes me wanna say "La ilaha illAllah, Muhammadan Rasool Allah" and bite my thumb at you, Tongue

(being a mod, I can't say what I'd want to say rather than the polite "bite my thumb at you" Tongue)

I've already said I don't like Islam so naturally I'm happy when someone leaves that particular club. If you ask me a question I'll give you a straight answer. I'm not one for beating around the bush.

With regards to preferences there may well be other religions that have as equally  unpleasant inner workings as Islam does but I'm yet to get up to speed with them.

I hope that clarifies things a little.
     Reply #13 - February 21, 2009, 10:32 AM

Well my advice to you Hassan is the next time you have doubts about someone do the decent thing put those doubts into a private message rather than going public in an attempt to 'smoke that person out' because it looks as though you are starting some sort of witch hunt.

+1  Afro

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #14 - February 21, 2009, 11:42 AM

Are you hoping for converts ?

I do think a couple of Christians on this forum were probably hoping for converts,(although I don't think speaklow's one of them) and thats' not a crime, as long as its not done through force, fraud or inducements. As for "waging a war against Islam", maybe its hypocritical given that many of the negative stuff in Islamic texts and practices are present in other faiths as well, but as long as the "war" is limited to exchange of dialogue, its not a crime either.

But what really irritates me is that some Christians would seek to take advantage of this vulnerability.

Christianity, perhaps even more than Islam is a proselytizing faith, its does hope to convert the world, and many Christian denominations, like many Islamic denominations believe that to die without being converted is to end up in Hell. So there's really nothing wrong in taking advantage of other people's vulnerability in order to save them from Hellfire and get them to Heaven, is there? At least in the eyes of the followers of those denominations, they're actually doing a good deed 13

As for vulnerability after the loss of a faith, thats' nothing. Many Muslim parents convert non Muslim men as a precondition of marriage to their Muslim daughters, don't they?Thats taking advantage of their romantic vulnerability. Roll Eyes I've seen some fanatic Christian teachers in my school convert a few heathens by plain monetary inducements, thus taking advantage of their economic vulnerability.

Besides, I don't think ex Muslim CEMB members are particularly vulnerable to being converted, most of us are way too knowledgable about the Bible! So we can't be taken in if missionaries preach only the nicest bits. Also we have people like Shaneequa, who'll unintentionally do loads to deconvert us even if we were to fall into some missionaries' trap! Wink

Chill Hassan! Emerald's explored Christianty, debated Sparky and it all came to nothing. And if any ex Muslim wants to revert to Islam or convert to Christianity, its ultimately their choice. Roll Eyes

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #15 - February 21, 2009, 12:06 PM

Are you hoping for converts ?

I do think a couple of Christians on this forum were probably hoping for converts,(although I don't think speaklow's one of them) and thats' not a crime, as long as its not done through force, fraud or inducements. As for "waging a war against Islam", maybe its hypocritical given that many of the negative stuff in Islamic texts and practices are present in other faiths as well, but as long as the "war" is limited to exchange of dialogue, its not a crime either.

Christianity, perhaps even more than Islam is a proselytizing faith, its does hope to convert the world, and many Christian denominations, like many Islamic denominations believe that to die without being converted is to end up in Hell. So there's really nothing wrong in taking advantage of other people's vulnerability in order to save them from Hellfire and get them to Heaven, is there? At least in the eyes of the followers of those denominations, they're actually doing a good deed 13

As for vulnerability after the loss of a faith, thats' nothing. Many Muslim parents convert non Muslim men as a precondition of marriage to their Muslim daughters, don't they?Thats taking advantage of their romantic vulnerability. Roll Eyes I've seen some fanatic Christian teachers in my school convert a few heathens by plain monetary inducements, thus taking advantage of their economic vulnerability.

Besides, I don't think ex Muslim CEMB members are particularly vulnerable to being converted, most of us are way too knowledgable about the Bible! So we can't be taken in if missionaries preach only the nicest bits. Also we have people like Shaneequa, who'll unintentionally do loads to deconvert us even if we were to fall into some missionaries' trap! Wink

Chill Hassan! Emerald's explored Christianty, debated Sparky and it all came to nothing. And if any ex Muslim wants to revert to Islam or convert to Christianity, its ultimately their choice. Roll Eyes

Good post, Rashna!

Your wise head on such young shoulders puts my stupid head on such old shoulders to shame lol
     Reply #16 - February 21, 2009, 12:21 PM

Well, I still agree with your old stupid head.   Tongue  Using an ex-muslim forum to trawl for converts is the most base opportunism, and so are all the other examples Rashna gave of pressurising people to convert.  Its almost enough in itself to prove whatever religion they're selling wrong, and they deserve your irritation. 

I haven't seen anybody here do it yet though, thankfully.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »