Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Peruvian's most excellent adventure :D

(Read 53707 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Peruvian's most excellent adventure :D
     Reply #30 - May 11, 2009, 10:05 AM

Maybe your dad has always had his own doubts too, which is why he has found it easier to accept that you have them?

For all you know it could eventually lead to his apostasy too, not that it's necessary of course, but I really do get a strong feeling that your father's faith rests on shakier foundations than you originally thought.

Good story Peru, have no idea why I only just got round to reading it but I definately feel like I know you better now.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #31 - May 11, 2009, 11:03 AM

Maybe your dad has always had his own doubts too, which is why he has found it easier to accept that you have them?

For all you know it could eventually lead to his apostasy too, not that it's necessary of course, but I really do get a strong feeling that your father's faith rests on shakier foundations than you originally thought.

Good story Peru, have no idea why I only just got round to reading it but I definately feel like I know you better now.  Smiley

Thank you Berbs Smiley My dad's faith is getting stronger each day, ever since he went to Hajj his faith has never been the same. He truly loves his religion, I don't feel his doubt is anything more than the average theist. It would take a lot to shake his faith and in a way I really don't want to do it but I have no choice. I'll go easy on him but the only way to make him understand me is to show the harsher aspects of Islam.
     Reply #32 - May 11, 2009, 11:05 AM

Thank you Berbs Smiley My dad's faith is getting stronger each day, ever since he went to Hajj his faith has never been the same. He truly loves his religion, I don't feel his doubt is anything more than the average theist. It would take a lot to shake his faith and in a way I really don't want to do it but I have no choice. I'll go easy on him but the only way to make him understand me is to show the harsher aspects of Islam.

It's odd that he is embracing the religion more after hajj, yet reacting very relaxed about your doubts, that's the only reason I thought perhaps he had once harboured doubts too.

Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run, if he can accept you as an ex muslim (properly and completely) then what does it matter if he still is one, since he obviously is in islam for the personal reasons.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #33 - May 11, 2009, 11:16 AM

It's odd that he is embracing the religion more after hajj, yet reacting very relaxed about your doubts, that's the only reason I thought perhaps he had once harboured doubts too.

Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run, if he can accept you as an ex muslim (properly and completely) then what does it matter if he still is one, since he obviously is in islam for the personal reasons.  Smiley

My family always surprise me. Since my childhood my mum is always telling me not to speak with boys but recently she told me I could have a boyfriend! My parents have a weird mix of liberal and conservative views, my dad especially.
     Reply #34 - May 11, 2009, 11:26 AM

My family always surprise me. Since my childhood my mum is always telling me not to speak with boys but recently she told me I could have a boyfriend! My parents have a weird mix of liberal and conservative views, my dad especially.

Kids can also have a liberalising effect on their parents (I speak from experience lol )
     Reply #35 - May 11, 2009, 11:28 AM

LOL I'm not surprised Smiley
     Reply #36 - June 28, 2009, 09:51 PM

Hey ive just read your story, i like it a lot!

I knew a muslim girl at uni who went through much the same as you including the boyfriend!

I must say, i think your dad seems like he has a heart of gold. I say this because he is a muslim, and by all accounts he should be a lot more harsh on you...but honest he seems to have your best interests in his heart, even more so than some dads i know of who are not muslim or religious at all!

All the best!
     Reply #37 - June 28, 2009, 10:21 PM

Hey ive just read your story, i like it a lot!

I knew a muslim girl at uni who went through much the same as you including the boyfriend!

I must say, i think your dad seems like he has a heart of gold. I say this because he is a muslim, and by all accounts he should be a lot more harsh on you...but honest he seems to have your best interests in his heart, even more so than some dads i know of who are not muslim or religious at all!

All the best!

Yep, spot on

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #38 - August 29, 2009, 01:47 PM

Great to read your story Peruvian, it's fantastic to read how strong you are. You have a great father btw. My mum sounds exactly like yours! I have a very similar story, so many similarities. I think a few autobiogs like yours would not only sell, but they'd create support and awareness for many 2nd generations in similar situations who just can't find the courage to set themselves free.
     Reply #39 - August 29, 2009, 01:51 PM

agreed, but how do you get your autobiog's out there to them -  Is the best way is through youtube videos ?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #40 - August 29, 2009, 03:24 PM

Quick update - Turns out my dad was lying about the fact that he would be tolerant of me leaving Islam. He probably wasn't expecting me to be that serious about my doubts. I'm really pissed off with him for doing this to me. I've written about what happened to me recently in this thread- http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3776.112

Scroll down to post 126.
     Reply #41 - August 29, 2009, 04:13 PM

agreed, but how do you get your autobiog's out there to them -  Is the best way is through youtube videos ?

Oh boy. Good point. Youtube is definitely an option. On second thoughts, it's probably just easier to promote such stories on a site like this on the front page, have a particular section "Autobiogs of Ex-Muslims: Journey to Atheism" (for example) and then just promote it. The promotion is the key though, an appearance on BBC Newsround would do wonders for example! What makes it even harder I suppose is the issue of extremists getting annoyed and trying to shut down this site once it reaches a certain popularity threshold. I suppose, the most realistic promotion would be via search engines, in the hope someone typing "I can't stand Islam", "Islam is driving me crazy" shows up this forum. I think a SEO (search engine optimizer) could do this. The only method I'm aware of is google bombing!
     Reply #42 - August 29, 2009, 04:34 PM

The extremists wont do anything. FaithFreedom is a very famous ex-muslim site, they are a pretty extreme anti-Islam site. They have a lot more resources then we do about Islam and a lot of bios of ex-muslims. JihadChat is quite popular too. None of those two have been taken down so we are quite safe.
     Reply #43 - August 29, 2009, 06:50 PM

Gosh, you're totally right, there are plenty more websites out there (apostatesofislam.com, jihadwatch.org, thereligionofpeace.com, etc). I'm pretty ignorant it seems. Good to see there is more resistance.
     Reply #44 - August 29, 2009, 07:02 PM

Quick update - Turns out my dad was lying about the fact that he would be tolerant of me leaving Islam. He probably wasn't expecting me to be that serious about my doubts. I'm really pissed off with him for doing this to me. I've written about what happened to me recently in this thread- http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3776.112

Scroll down to post 126.

If I remember I mentioned that your father wouldn't have taken your doubts seriously the first time you approached him. He would have been under the impression that you were probably going through a phase. The best thing to do now is to shift the burden of proof onto him. You have rejected Islam based on textual sources, which is the right way to go about it. Your father has to prove to you why islam is correct and why he thinks you are mistaken. The ball is in his court.
     Reply #45 - August 29, 2009, 07:22 PM

The ball is still in my court since I've taken everything back and my family like to think it's just a passing phase.
     Reply #46 - August 29, 2009, 07:28 PM

The ball is still in my court since I've taken everything back and my family like to think it's just a passing phase.

The ball is still in their court. They still have to prove to you why islam is right and why you are mistaken. Asking you to take it back is a sign of their weakness and a logical fallacy.
     Reply #47 - August 29, 2009, 07:31 PM

They don't feel the need to prove anything to me. They just need to use emotional blackmail which they succeeded with. They're just leaving the subject alone now with the occasional lecture.

The ball will be in their court when I finally leave. The more they push me the less guilty I feel about wanting to leave.
     Reply #48 - December 18, 2009, 09:48 PM

This is a great story!

I thought the summer break may be a good time to grow apart from each other and hopefully it would make it easier to break up with him.

That's so deceptive! This is why its hard for me to trust girls, you can be laughing and having a great time with her, but deep down she can be planning on the easiest way to break up without hurting you.  Roll Eyes.
     Reply #49 - December 18, 2009, 10:00 PM

That's so deceptive! This is why its hard for me to trust girls, you can be laughing and having a great time with her, but deep down she can be planning on the easiest way to break up without hurting you.  Roll Eyes.

It's why Mo invented 4:34.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #50 - December 18, 2009, 10:02 PM

yes

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #51 - December 18, 2009, 10:07 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously, i was dating a girl once and here i was thinking everything's going great, and she was secretly gradually doing things to make us grow distant so it would be easier for us to break up. It hurt like hell :(. She also had outside reasons like what her parents would think of us. I wish she'd just have told me and I might've been able to find a way, but she just decided that no way existed and deceptively broke up with me  mysmilie_977
     Reply #52 - December 18, 2009, 10:11 PM

Its all part of growing up, and makes most men realise that the sun simply dont shine out of their backsides.  Although it can make you very cynical while its still raw, but getting over it is something that everyone eventually does.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #53 - December 18, 2009, 10:32 PM

How has anything I've said suggested that I think the sun shines out of my backside?

I've seen this sort of thing happen repeatedly with girls. They keep what they're thinking to themselves, and put on an act when they're with you. You never know what she's really thinking & planning. I'm not a woman hater at all, but having a relationship is full of so much drama that I find it easier to just pay for sex every week or so and keep yourself from growing crazy by analyzing the weird signals women give you, and trying to figure out what she really means  rant
     Reply #54 - December 18, 2009, 10:40 PM

They keep what they're thinking to themselves, and put on an act when they're with you.

My dream girl.  Kiss

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #55 - December 20, 2009, 12:33 AM

Seriously, i was dating a girl once and here i was thinking everything's going great, and she was secretly gradually doing things to make us grow distant so it would be easier for us to break up. It hurt like hell :(. She also had outside reasons like what her parents would think of us. I wish she'd just have told me and I might've been able to find a way, but she just decided that no way existed and deceptively broke up with me  mysmilie_977

I know it sounds horrible, the last thing I ever want is to hurt him but I did tell him quite clearly at the beginning of the relationship that I don't want anything serious, that I have an arranged marriage waiting and our relationship cant possibly last. He fell for me anyway, stupid git. Doesn't matter now anyway, I'm going to do anything to stay with him. He's too precious to let go off.
     Reply #56 - December 20, 2009, 12:37 AM

Doesn't matter now anyway, I'm going to do anything to stay with him. He's too precious to let go off.

Awww reminds me of Titanic.  001_wub

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #57 - December 20, 2009, 12:51 AM

Don't jinx it! I don't want it to end like the Titanic :(
     Reply #58 - December 20, 2009, 12:53 AM

Well if it does, give me a shout. I'm tough, but not 4:34 tough. Just right.

Reply #59 - December 20, 2009, 12:54 AM

Yeah I reckon. Anything to avoid bloody Whitney Houston.  bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »