Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The more the British Left Indulges in antisemitism, the more kosher I feel

(Read 12162 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The more the British Left Indulges in antisemitism, the more kosher I feel
     Reply #30 - February 14, 2009, 11:47 AM

Nick Cohen didn't really change his mind about much and the Left used to love him because of his merciless criticism of corporate Britain and Tony Blair.

He was pro regime change in Iraq way before the war and so were most people on the Left when Saddam was being supported by Thatcher.

It's the bulk of the Left that changed their minds and suddenly opposed regime change in Iraq as soon as America launched the first Gulf War.

Nick Cohen has been rather consistent but he is treated with utter contempt because he committed the heresy of supporting America in one of it's wars and to add insult to injury he openly criticises the anti imperialist Left and supports liberal democracies over and above the theocracies and murderous regimes in the third world.

For the anti imperialist Left this is unthinkable because liberal democracies are the root of all evil and third world tyrannies are all our fault. Either they are a symptom of our colonial history or puppets supported by America. On no account is anyone to blame apart from West. If we just ceased to exist the world would be free from war and poverty etc.

So his views are not right wing he is just a heretic who has supported the great satan and he has become a pariah and people denounce him as a neocon.

Osmanthus It's sixth form politics, it crumbles as soon as you poke it.

Whatever you say.

As for Nick Cohen. He's a douche who never had any left-wing politics that sounded like they weren't substantial/not shallow in the first place, who now says he's Tory, writes books for Americans, lavishes praise on Paul Wolfowitz etc..

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
  • Re: The more the British Left Indulges in antisemitism, the more kosher I feel
     Reply #31 - February 14, 2009, 01:24 PM

Ok. I tried to stay away. I really did but I can't stand it. I'll try harder to stay away this time but I think it would do the site good to have some balance instead of constant anti-Islam/Muslim bile. The article by Nick Cohen is excellent and quite pertinent to myself because this board has made me start to sympathise and defend people I called fucktards barely a month ago.

Instead of just rehashing stuff from anti-Islamic sites why not provide a link, eg. on Cyrus, from the British museum? Or are they too 'PC'?

I'm not justifying what happens in South Thailand but they have been Muslim since the mid-13th century and only got annexed by Buddhist Thailand in 1902 so it's not exactly as if they just suddenly woke up one morning and decided they'd start axing peaceful Buddhists.

Lastly, I was born in Malaysia. The system is discriminatory but it is not a system of dhimmitude. It is a racist system - bumiputera includes non-Muslims such as the orang asli, even the descendents of the Portuguese. If you are Indian or Chinese you have far less opportunity to enter university or get a senior position in the public sector. Bumiputras also get discounted housing and a range of other benefits. It is, however, not a system of dhimitude and a lot of non-Malays (including my parents) supported it initially because they recognised that the Malays were disadvantaged. What they objected to later was that there doesn't seem to be any time frame on this affirmative action and the government (United Malays Nationalist Organisation) clique has basically become a ruling class while everyone else - poor Malays included - are still poor.

Last time I went back I saw a decline in religious nationalism from my previous holidays. It reached a peak in the early 2000s but I think more and more people are getting jack of it and the average Muslim there doesn't want a Saudi-style mutawwa putting people in lorries and driving them around the city for not fasting (as happened in Kelantan) or raiding hotels and demanding to see marriage certificates which also happened in Malaysia.

You certainly did not register on this site to stay away, did you abdalwali? You registered to post, which you do and we like your contributions. As for the question of whether this site should have some balance, well you are the balance! Afro

About the link about Cyrus, I don't see how the British Museum site diminishes his importance, all it says is that such cylinders were common for ancient Sassanid Kings. So? Cyrus claimed to have liberated slaves, and given his citizens equal racial and religious rights, what evidence is there that he's lying? Note even the British Museum site doesn't say that he's lying, nor does it doubt the veracity of his claims,only it says such cylinders have been issued by Kings before. And if you didn't know, King Cyrus has very good evidence in support of his claims of equal racial religious rights apart from the Cylinder, namely the fact that he's perhaps the only non Jew to be revered in the Torah, which refers to him as Koresh, and thanks him as liberator of the Jews.

Now about Thailand, I knew that bit about it being the seat of the Kingdom of Pattani, but your link will certainly enlighten those who didn't. However, that certainly doesn't justify any violence today, at least not unless the Thai Muslims were systematically discriminated against. The doors of a majority of nations which are Muslim today were opened to Islam via jihad and annexation, does it give their non Muslim minorities right to persecute others? Egypt has a Coptic minority, and Coptic Christianity preceded Islam in Egypt by seven centuries, Iran has a tiny Zoroastrian minority, Syria an Orthodox minority all these minorities don't have a right to kill the Muslim majority, do they, as their lands were once annexed? I think you yourself said that you're not justifying the Southern Thailand jihad, and I won't support these minorities if they choose to kill Muslims daily.

Finally Malaysia, yes there's a racial\ethnic bias but there's also a religious discrimination. Anyone marrying a Muslim has to convert to Islam, and the Shariah Court will judge whether anyone is allowed to convert out, after extensive re education programmes. An Indian woman Revathi Masoosai, whose parents had converted to Islam when she was a child, but who was raised by her Hindu grandmom, converted to Hinduism and married a Hindu. She was separated from her husband, her daughter Divya Darshini was taken away from her and given to her Muslim parents, and she was sent to a re education camp, where she was forced to don a hijab. Other such cases have been reported. Do a google search as my links can be biased or PC.

Strictly comparing Malaysia and its neighbour Thailand, such stuff don't happen in Thailand, where the law gives full freedom of religion.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #32 - February 14, 2009, 01:49 PM

Unlike you dogmatic Lefties I don't think it is a crime to support America.

Nick Cohen is not a neocon he just happened to agree with one of their policies.....Oh my God! Hang him.

I might have opposed the war and disagree with Paul Wolfowitz's politics but it doesn't discredit someone just because I disagree with them. Neocon is not a swear word, it doesn't mean Nazi.

No matter how many Left wing authors wrote books comparing George Bush to Mussolini or Hitler the fact is they got all of their hysterical predictions wrong.

He did not invade or bomb Iran and he did not steal another election, refuse to step down and impliment an American fascistic dictatorship. The neocons were a shambolic bunch of hawks but they were not The Fourth Reich by any stretch of the imagination.

You lot spend so much time and energy denouncing people as racists, misogynists, homophobes, neocons and tories. I'm beginning to think the Left thrives on witch hunts.

Leftists are so enamored with their own sense of moral superiority they find it impossible to tolerate any dissenting voices so instead of adult debate they denounce those who disagree with them as neocons or nazis at the same time as demanding tolerance and respect for other cultures and teaching the idea of moral relativity.

Leftists are so certain that they are morally perfect (eg:Morally superior to other Westerners not morally superior to people from Asia, Africa or the ME god forbid) they are rapidly disappearing up their own self righteous arseholes.

People like Nick Cohen care most of all about fighting fascism and supporting human rights. The anti imperialist Left cares most about opposing America in anything it does, condemning America for anything it doesn't do and supporting the far right opposition to America.

Nick Cohen's politics are infinitely more clear headed and moral than any anti imperialist goon.

PS: When did Cohen say he was a Tory?
     Reply #33 - February 14, 2009, 02:11 PM

In Australia we don't give a stuff about self reoughtious arseholes.
    We go down to the wine cellar, grab a bottle of Chateau Lafite and be done with it.

There will be no white flag above our door
     Reply #34 - February 14, 2009, 02:25 PM

In Australia we don't give a stuff about self reoughtious arseholes.
    We go down to the wine cellar, grab a bottle of Chateau Lafite and be done with it.

When you talk about 'Australia'

You really mean YOU, dontcha?

All the Aussies I know would cross if they saw you walking down the street with your bottle of bleedin' Lafite.

Even the winos.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #35 - February 14, 2009, 07:16 PM

Quote from: panoptic
    I'll go on blaming capitalism for all the ills of the world and the bane of everything virtuous, although inevitably that does mean I end up repeating myself. It's better than burying ideals.

Poor you. Let me guess, you and your communist brethren are the only red-pills on the planet, whereas we are all brainwashed blue-pills, right? You are trapped in your Gnostic delusions.

Just yesterday, this Salahuddin guy was exasperated at me because I dared to claim that Islam is a retrograde force on this planet. But of course, enlightened intellectuals like you know that the evil American empire is guilty of everything.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #36 - February 15, 2009, 04:58 AM

Quote from: brucepig link=topic=4444.msg114269
    blah blah blah anti-imperialist blah blah neocons blah anti-americans blah blah lefties blah

Quote from: Zaephon
    Just yesterday, this Salahuddin guy was exasperated at me because I dared to claim that Islam is a retrograde force on this planet. But of course, enlightened intellectuals like you know that the evil American empire is guilty of everything.

Because I say that, don't I? Paying attention - not a strong point.

In that thread it seemed to be about the claim religion is the reason for conditions in 'muslim countries'. Specifically, a commonly held assumption (you echo) is that Islam is the reason for economic conditions in some of those places. *That* certainly isn't true and Salahudin-er is correct in saying there's no good reason for believing that to be the case.

Reply #37 - February 15, 2009, 05:33 AM

Of course America and globalisation are to blame for the poor economic performance of Muslim and African countries.

Nothing to do with religion, tribalism and corruption.

If America and capitalism would curl up and die the desert would sprout crops, Sub Saharan Africa and the Middle East would be hubs of peacful civilised culture that would spread to pacify the evil racist war mongering capitalists in the West as the Asian economies saw the error of their ways and revert to their noble Eastern paths of tolerance and meditation.

Ohmmmmm Ohmmmmmm Ohmmmmmm Na Va Shiva. Sambuddhasa Sikkhapadam Boddhisatva Nibanahhhhh

We would all go back to nature wear suits made out of turnips and run our home made wicker computers on fermented brussel sprouts and tofu as we smoked natural weed and searched for our spirit guides all under the benign hand of a global communist cooperative.

There will be no need for war or prisons as greed and violence will disappear because they are a product of the defunct capitalist nightmare........

I can't wait.  Cheesy

When is the revolution Panoptic? Let me check my diary, I'm busy Friday but I could do Monday.
     Reply #38 - February 15, 2009, 06:28 AM

Right. Nothing to do with religion or 'tribalism'. Unless you're ignorant.

And. . . Uhhh . . . getting a bit over over elaborate there. I'd keep these strange rants to yourself. You sound like you're ill.

Reply #39 - February 15, 2009, 08:25 AM

It wasn't a rant, I was satirising your simplistic utopian world view.

Sheesh  mysmilie_977 can't you tell the difference?
     Reply #40 - February 15, 2009, 08:50 AM

Right. Nothing to do with religion or 'tribalism'. Unless you're ignorant.

And. . . Uhhh . . . getting a bit over over elaborate there. I'd keep these strange rants to yourself. You sound like you're ill.

My thoughts entirely, I think you're right too.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #41 - February 15, 2009, 08:57 AM

blah blah blah anti-imperialist blah blah neocons blah anti-americans blah blah lefties blah

Ignore the Turkish 'Zionist Crusader'  Cheesy He's only just out of short pants and his parents spoiled him rotten, he'll buck up his ideas once they stop his allowance, then marry a nice muslim girl and have a son that he'll name after his dad..ahhhhh!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #42 - February 16, 2009, 02:11 AM

Hm I see. Richkid then?

Reply #43 - February 16, 2009, 05:14 AM

Who's a rich kid?
     Reply #44 - February 16, 2009, 08:22 AM

Hm I see. Richkid then?

Mummy's boy rich kid - by Turkish standards. That's about the size of it  Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #45 - February 16, 2009, 08:25 AM

Who's a rich kid?

Is that an anti-semitic remark?  Cheesy

Shame on you Piggy! We all know 'Rich' is a euphemism for 'Jew' - how dare you! (the anti-semitic name calling game you started is fun isn't it?  piggy)

Ha Ha.
     Reply #46 - February 16, 2009, 09:51 PM

Ignore the Turkish 'Zionist Crusader'  Cheesy He's only just out of short pants and his parents spoiled him rotten, he'll buck up his ideas once they stop his allowance, then marry a nice muslim girl and have a son that he'll name after his dad..ahhhhh!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Reply #47 - February 17, 2009, 01:46 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hi Zaephon,

You're starting to see that it's an attachment thing too eh?

Reply #48 - February 17, 2009, 06:16 PM

Jack's posts are notorious for containing personal insults and lacking in substance. He is just trying to find his way to damnation, you see.

Quote from: JackTorrance
    Mummy's boy rich kid - by Turkish standards.

Why bring up my nationality? Feeling racist, are we?

Reply #49 - February 19, 2009, 07:55 AM

Jack's posts are notorious for containing personal insults and lacking in substance. He is just trying to find his way to damnation, you see.

Quote from: JackTorrance
    Mummy's boy rich kid - by Turkish standards.

Why bring up my nationality? Feeling racist, are we?

'Rich by Turkish standards'  Erm, let's see...could it be that Turkey is a relatively poor nation perhaps? Nah, course not, everything is racist isn't it?. When you're out of short pants, you might get to see the bigger picture - if you ever get over your handicap. Unlikey.

No objection to 'Mummy's boy' I see, good lad.  Cheesy

Ha Ha.
     Reply #50 - February 19, 2009, 04:42 PM

Nah, course not, everything is racist isn't it?

Weren't you complaining about how "racist bigots" were taking over the COEM a while ago? You are a hypocritical bigot yourself, and this forum would do much better without your foul-mouthed, empty comments. You want flame wars and personal insults, I want rational debate.

The phrase you have used, "rich by Turkish standards," reeks of racism and contempt. This forum indeed is no different from FFI --in FFI I had to counter the personal attacks and racial abuse of posters like Pilgrim and Yohan, in this forum you are their substitute. You do not have the intelligence to engage in rational debate, so you switch to personal insults and fantasies when you are cornered.

You are a pathetic bully.  Wink

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »