Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi...

(Read 10228 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hi...
     Reply #30 - February 09, 2009, 04:01 PM

Ignored doesn't work if you aren't logged in. I assume your computer is fixed now.

It is, thank you very much.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #31 - February 09, 2009, 04:02 PM

Ive never heard the term "curtain twitcher". You Brits teach me so many fun things about my native tongue  Cheesy

Oh yeah, I'm a curtain twitcher sometimes lol just got to peek out every now and again and see what's going on out there.  piggy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #32 - February 09, 2009, 04:20 PM

Welcome Li,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #33 - February 10, 2009, 02:50 AM

Quote from: al-gazali
    Well Li mentioned he could come to a Western country to live as a non-Muslim. Its not always easy here either to renounce your faith.

So just want to know why it would be different in some other Non-Muslim country where there would be no laws against apostasy. I don't know the country.

I was just trying to get to the conclusion that it was a family restriction as opposed to the need for coming to a western country.

Well, at the western country, no one knows me, no one will know that i'm an ex-muslim. I can get away from my dad! i can start all over again! as a non-muslim! I still remember that when i was young, i ask my dad what he would do if he finds out that one of his children is an apostate and he answered that he would rather kill them and that he wouldn't mind going to jail. That is why i want to migrate! far away!
    You know as they say, better be safe than sorry!

Reply #34 - February 11, 2009, 07:59 AM

Hi Li. Welcome to the forum, and my apologies for the late greeting.

Your situation doesn't sound enviable. Do you think your father really meant those words, or would you say it was just rhetoric on his part?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #35 - February 11, 2009, 12:50 PM

Hi li! Welcome to our forum. Its terrific to have you here, as far as I know you are the first(?) apostate from the easternmost periphery of Islam- south east asia. We have someone from Saudi, from Morocco, and other Arab lands, I and many others are from the Indian sub continent, and you from Singapore means we've covered quite a few locations. Hope you like it here.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #36 - February 12, 2009, 02:14 AM

Quote from: osmanthus
    Hi Li. Welcome to the forum, and my apologies for the late greeting.

Your situation doesn't sound enviable. Do you think your father really meant those words, or would you say it was just rhetoric on his part?

It's very hard to say 'cause although it seems to me that what he was saying was only big talk, the thing is, 1) He's a practical muslims and 2) he's a religious teacher. Furthermore, one of his friends, can encourage to do so. That's why i say, it's better for me to be safe than sorry. Anyways, there's a lot that i want to do like keeping beers in my fridge grin12 and i can only do that if i get away from him.  Grin 

Quote from: Rashna
    Hi li! Welcome to our forum. Its terrific to have you here, as far as I know you are the first(?) apostate from the easternmost periphery of Islam- south east asia. We have someone from Saudi, from Morocco, and other Arab lands, I and many others are from the Indian sub continent, and you from Singapore means we've covered quite a few locations.

Really? I'm the first from the south east asia?? wow.

Quote from: rashna
    Hope you like it here.

i kinda get addicted already...

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »