Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi...

(Read 10202 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • hi...
     OP - February 09, 2009, 06:00 AM

Hi,
    I'm an apostate of Islam, i left islam whilst reading some materials at ffi.org. I used to call myself fundalmentalist years back before my apostasy. I used to  practise islam, pray 5 times a day, fasting, and hoping that one day, when i die, i will go to heaven. I do this wholehartedly. Unfortunately, i cannot grasp the so-called beauty of islam, so i ask my dad how do i do it and my dad answered, "you can do it by learning arabic". So, from there on, i dreamed, wish and hope that one day, i might grasp the beauty of islam by learning arabic; but that dream never came true. however, Deep down i was courious as to "why do people left islam? "what is their reason?". I did not went on and do a research on these people as i thought that it is better for me to learn arabic first before doing a research on islam. 

Never it occured in my mind that among all of the people, it is my cousin, that left islam. He started by asking questions about islam (can't remember what he ask, though.). His questions caused quite a stir among our famalies, and his friends.  As a result, he got shun by his friends(kinda remaind me of 004.089: ...and choose no friend nor helper from among them ). Then, my turn came in, it all started from a couple of nightmare that i had that caused me to shout while i was asleep. My Dad was quick to gave me the anitdote, i.e. do the after-midnight prayer (tahajud) and read the quran before sleep. I did all that and nothing happends. But as i read the quran, i couldn't believe that there is such thing as God, angles and demon. As a result, my faith grows weaker and i began to force myslef to pray, fast and believe in Allah. I even told my dad the same thing and he encourage me to force myself to do so.

Then came the day, the day i will not forget, the day i became "these people". The day came when my curiousity overcome me. My curiousity got too strong that i just had to search about "these people". I went to yahoo! and typed ex-muslim, go to wikipedia and saw "faithfreedom". I clicked on that link and it somehow brings me a testimony about a girl, lived in Saudi, the way she describe the life there shooked me. Women couldn't drive, go to school and had to go through arrange marriage. I froze when i read that. When i'm done, i felt that as if it was the first time that i step my feet on the ground and the next day, i felt that the whole world was shaking. I got addicted to faithfreedom. Then i saw Ali Sina, he was debating and i had to check whether he was right or wrong. he was. I even tried to refute him, but it all ended when he replied "..stop lying to yourself...". I even went to the forum and sign in as 'sea', initially to defend islam, but when 'doubtless' replied my post, i immidiately confess my apostasy.   

That is my story, however there is something i have to know, once there is girl that claimed she's sahara(she lived in Singapore, age around 20+). However there's someone told me that she's a gangster and she wanted to convert me be back to a muslim. I know that over here, BerberElla is Sahara(at ffi.org) and i wanted to know whether they are the same person. I hope she replies.... 
  • Re: hi...
     Reply #1 - February 09, 2009, 06:08 AM

Welcome li, and thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sure you will find many have gone through similar roads.

(I'm pretty sure BerberElla is Sahara but I very much doubt shes a gangster bent on converting you back to Islam lol... the thought of it makes me Cheesy )

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
     Reply #2 - February 09, 2009, 07:40 AM

thanks belladonnasix, i feel like an idiot already. I'm pretty sure they are a different person. Anyways, BerberElla lived in the UK right? not Singapore right?  many apologies 'cause I just need a confirmation, she's one of my fav posters you know!

p.s.:  piggy meat is sweet.
     Reply #3 - February 09, 2009, 07:41 AM

Yes I'm from the UK, and I am a gangsta bent on converting you back to Islam.  cool2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - February 09, 2009, 07:42 AM

Hello Li, welcome to the forum.  Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - February 09, 2009, 07:51 AM

Quote from: BerberElla
    Yes I'm from the UK, and I am a gangsta bent on converting you back to Islamcool2

Cheesy (BerberElla, are you publishing a book soon? if yes, may i know the details?)

sorry, you can't. Tongue grin12

p.s.:  piggy is yummy & cheetah, i like your avatar Cheesy .
     Reply #6 - February 09, 2009, 08:03 AM

Welcome Li.  parrot

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #7 - February 09, 2009, 08:10 AM

Welcome abroad,

very nice story dude  grin12

And yeah, life in the 1st land of Islam is weird  wacko

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #8 - February 09, 2009, 12:23 PM

Greetings and salutations!

signwelcome

Enjoy your time here with us!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #9 - February 09, 2009, 01:10 PM

Hola'

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #10 - February 09, 2009, 01:14 PM

Cheesy (BerberElla, are you publishing a book soon? if yes, may i know the details?)

Yes, it's called "this idiots guide to being an Idiot"  dance

Nah just kidding, no book deals on the table yet, but one day.......and then it won't be about my life or about Islam, it will be a fantasy novel.  Afro

Reply #11 - February 09, 2009, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The thing is, although i'm in a non-muslim country, sometimes i feel that i'm suffocating. I want to live like a non-muslim, not as a muslim. So, i thought that i can only do that when i'm in a western country. I hope that someday, i can do that, i can migrate.
     Reply #12 - February 09, 2009, 01:43 PM

Hi Li Smiley

there is girl that claimed she's sahara(she lived in Singapore, age around 20+). However there's someone told me that she's a gangster and she wanted to convert me be back to a muslim. I know that over here, BerberElla is Sahara(at ffi.org) and i wanted to know whether they are the same person. I hope she replies.... 

No.
     Reply #13 - February 09, 2009, 01:47 PM

Quote from: Hassan
    No.

I feel good already.  Smiley
     Reply #14 - February 09, 2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The thing is, although i'm in a non-muslim country, sometimes i feel that i'm suffocating. I want to live like a non-muslim, not as a muslim. So, i thought that i can only do that when i'm in a western country. I hope that someday, i can do that, i can migrate.

Don't worry.  When you feel like your suffocating, just come onto the forum.  You have already migrated to the other side, just by coming here.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - February 09, 2009, 01:49 PM

Hi Li, welcome aboard

If you are in a Non-Muslim country why can't you live as a non-Muslim?

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #16 - February 09, 2009, 02:01 PM

a.ghazali, let me put it this way, i'm a closet apostate and my daddy, thinks that people like ibnu warraq should be silenced.
     Reply #17 - February 09, 2009, 02:05 PM

Words of advice - Let him believe in what he wants to believe.  Conserve your energies for your peers and the next generation.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - February 09, 2009, 02:11 PM

Hi Li, welcome aboard

Silly question. There are many ex-Muslims in Britain (Non-Muslim country). Some can't live like Non-Muslims. Use your brain and work it out. 

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #19 - February 09, 2009, 02:15 PM

Why are you so angry animation_guy?  It was an innocent question

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - February 09, 2009, 02:20 PM

Hi Li, welcome aboard

Silly question. There are many ex-Muslims in Britain (Non-Muslim country). Some can't live like Non-Muslims. Use your brain and work it out. 

Some can, some can't. Sometimes for different reasons. That's why people, you know, ask questions! Use your brain and..... and...... in your case, nevermind  parrot
     Reply #21 - February 09, 2009, 02:21 PM

Welcome to the forum, li. Make yourself at home  Afro
     Reply #22 - February 09, 2009, 02:23 PM

Some can, some can't. Sometimes for different reasons. That's why people, you know, ask questions! Use your brain and..... and...... in your case, nevermind  parrot

Careful Buster, you might be................................................... hiding .............................ignored.

Cheesy

Reply #23 - February 09, 2009, 02:25 PM

Careful Buster, you might be................................................... hiding .............................ignored.

Cheesy

Not as long as he has the option to peek  grin12
     Reply #24 - February 09, 2009, 02:26 PM

I think it's similar to a peeping tom/curtain twitcher.   Cheesy

Reply #25 - February 09, 2009, 02:35 PM

I think it's similar to a peeping tom/curtain twitcher.   Cheesy

Ive never heard the term "curtain twitcher". You Brits teach me so many fun things about my native tongue  Cheesy
     Reply #26 - February 09, 2009, 03:22 PM

I even went to the forum and sign in as 'sea', initially to defend islam, but when 'doubtless' replied my post, i immidiately confess my apostasy.   

doubtless was good at making people think  Smiley, but he has since left FFI.

That is my story, however there is something i have to know, once there is girl that claimed she's sahara(she lived in Singapore, age around 20+). However there's someone told me that she's a gangster and she wanted to convert me be back to a muslim. I know that over here, BerberElla is Sahara(at ffi.org) and i wanted to know whether they are the same person. I hope she replies....

Stay away from Sahara, she is nothing but trouble  Cheesy Cheesy

Anyways welcome aboard.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #27 - February 09, 2009, 03:33 PM

Cheesy

Ignored doesn't work if you aren't logged in. I assume your computer is fixed now.

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #28 - February 09, 2009, 03:34 PM

Hi Li, welcome aboard

Well Li mentioned he could come to a Western country to live as a non-Muslim. Its not always easy here either to renounce your faith.

So just want to know why it would be different in some other Non-Muslim country where there would be no laws against apostasy. I don't know the country.

I was just trying to get to the conclusion that it was a family restriction as opposed to the need for coming to a western country.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #29 - February 09, 2009, 03:35 PM

*twitch*twitch*
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »