Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Police adopt uniform hijab

(Read 3582 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Police adopt uniform hijab
     OP - February 03, 2009, 12:59 PM

Check this out.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Police-adopt-uniform-hijab/article-660197-detail/article.html

On reading this I couldn't help but be taken back to my school boy days.

I just can't imagine anyone taking them seriously.

The whole thing just makes me cringe.
  • Re: Police adopt uniform hijab
     Reply #1 - February 03, 2009, 01:12 PM

I think it's quite cool Smiley It's nice to see more tolerance of others beliefs.
     Reply #2 - February 03, 2009, 01:16 PM

I think it's quite cool Smiley It's nice to see more tolerance of others beliefs.

Tolerance I like.

But honestly...How can you take them seriously?

They look like extras in a bad ninja movie.

Might just be the photo though.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #3 - February 03, 2009, 01:19 PM

I think it's good that muslim women (if their husbands and fathers allow it or they are western enough to not care if their husbands approve or fathers approve) can now join the police force without worrying they can't wear the hijab.

However it's a joke, they have to wear trousers for running which means the hijab laws are not being followed properly.

Plus I also believe they won't be taken seriously, let alone if they turn up to a domestic violence incidence between a muslim man and his wife.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - February 03, 2009, 01:24 PM

I saw this a long time ago and I do find it quite encouraging that the Police are making the effort to encourage Muslim women to join.

Regardless of what one thinks of the Hijab, encouraging Muslim women into the police and the workforce in general and allowing them to see beyond the stereotypes Muslims have of the police etc... will actually help bring about the freedom and liberalization of Muslims.

The fanatics know this very well, which is why they are so opposed to this.

I remember posting these pictures (they have been around for a few years now) on ummah.com and all the traditionalists poured scorn and hate on these women.

I know and they know very well why they did that. Because they know that encouraging Muslims out of this 'them v us' mentality will destroy their hard-line traditionalist mindset. (they would say will destroy Islam - but I'd rather say it will help liberalize it)
     Reply #5 - February 03, 2009, 01:30 PM

I saw this a long time ago and I do find it quite encouraging that the Police are making the effort to encourage Muslim women to join.

Regardless of what one thinks of the Hijab, encouraging Muslim women into the police and the workforce in general and allowing them to see beyond the stereotypes Muslims have of the police etc... will actually help bring about the freedom and liberalization of Muslims.

I remember posting these pictures (they have been around for a few years now) on ummah.com and all the traditionalists poured scorn and hate on these women.

I know and they know very well why they did that. Because they know that encouraging Muslims out of this 'them v us' mentality will destroy their hard-line traditionalist mindset. (they would say will destroy Islam - but I'd rather say it will help liberalize it)

At least have POLICE printed in block letters on the front and back to give them a more concrete way to be identified.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #6 - February 03, 2009, 01:36 PM

Agree with this. It's the only way to allow muslim women to move forward. Muslims have to know the West isn't against them.

I have no problem with taking them seriously however I know others will. However there is only one way to get rid of these prejudices and that is by making them more public and acceptable.
     Reply #7 - February 03, 2009, 01:50 PM

They look more like nuns - no skinhead will ever take them seriously!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - February 03, 2009, 04:19 PM

Though they will probably only be used as Muslim women liaison officers in abuse/rape cases or when they need to interview Muslim women.
     Reply #9 - February 03, 2009, 05:06 PM

Though they will probably only be used as Muslim women liaison officers in abuse/rape cases or when they need to interview Muslim women.

That's true, however they will still need to do 2 years on the beat (unless this has changed recently). 

However I still think the best police outfit belongs to the sikhs.  The replacement for a black bobby's helmet - a black turban with a silver badge pinned to its centre.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - February 03, 2009, 07:37 PM

They look more like nuns - no skinhead will ever take them seriously!

I guess that that kind of goes with the fact that the hijabs are made of flame-retardant matls.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »