Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Council of Ex-Muslims Stickcam/Paltak Room?

(Read 4049 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Council of Ex-Muslims Stickcam/Paltak Room?
     OP - February 01, 2009, 11:57 AM

After recent experience with stickcam and after someone invited me to the "Why I am Not a Muslim" room on Paltalk a thought occurred to me:

Why don't we launch a Council of Ex-Muslims Room?

The "Why I am Not a Muslim" is full of Christians pretending to ex-Muslims (many Egyptian Copts) and is just a place to insult Islam. Stickcam does not seem to have any ex-Muslim room.

Now I know that would mean even MORE time spent online, and I am not happy about that - but it just seemed to me that the potential for face to face instant discussion is quite attractive to many and it could help advertise this forum too.

At the moment I don't see much on either Stickam or Paltalk apart from a bunch of bored lost souls just wasting their time or playing a game called; "My God is better than your God."

Maybe we could create a room that would encourage a more sane and rational debate?

Just an idea?

• Re: Council of Ex-Muslims Stickcam/Paltak Room?
     Reply #1 - February 01, 2009, 12:02 PM

At the moment I don't see much on either Stickam or Paltalk apart from a bunch of bored lost souls just wasting their time or playing a game called; "My God is better than your God."

I dunno. I think it'd be a waste of time, as majority will be like the people who leave nasty comments on your vids methinks. wallahu alim.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - February 01, 2009, 12:16 PM

I am not very familiar with the paltalk but I have this impression about the members and audience that they are unhealthy thinkers.

If we make a live open webcam conversation it would most likely end up something like this:

A: You are wrong because you are a moron.
    B: I hope you burn in hell!
    A: Is that what your parents taught you?
    C: Go read some more before you start talking.
    B: No I am right and you are wrong!
    D: F*** OFF.
    A: What the Hell do you know about Sharia!

I prefer the youtube video style a lot more, because each part a chance to talk freely, the videos will stay there for ever for other to view so the time and effort put into it will not be lost, plus youtube is a lot more popular than paltalk.

However, I would prefer if possible to have events instead, like a 2-3 hours show once a week or a month on a given topic, the debate would be moderated and participants in the video debate should be approved before the show starts so that we can have a proper and a mature debate plus the participants would have a chance to prepare for the debate.
     Reply #3 - February 01, 2009, 12:40 PM

There's no need for a debate.

Islam is bullshit.

(It took me 15 years to realise that)

There will be no white flag above our door
     Reply #4 - February 01, 2009, 12:42 PM

There's no need for a debate.
    Islam is bullshit.
    (It took me 15 years to realise that)

unfortunately not everybody has realized that yet.
     Reply #5 - February 01, 2009, 03:16 PM

Yes, from what I have seen of both Paltalk and Stickcam, it's just ignorant slanging matches.

I was invited on to both recently - and kinda wish I hadn't gone on as I now pop in when I have a spare moment. If it was a trick to get me on there, it worked lol.
     Reply #6 - February 01, 2009, 10:33 PM

Yes, from what I have seen of both Paltalk and Stickcam, it's just ignorant slanging matches.

I was invited on to both recently - and kinda wish I hadn't gone on as I now pop in when I have a spare moment. If it was a trick to get me on there, it worked lol.

The pains of an inquisitive mind.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - February 01, 2009, 10:37 PM

I used to be fascinated with fire as a kid.  Whenever my folks weren't around, I would set a fire in the garden.  I then set fire to a wooden box in the garage.  This in turn set our house alight. 

I did not mention it, and my parents only found out when a neigbour came round to tell my parents their house was on fire.

Fortunately the fire engines came in time, as God would have left us to fry.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »