Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 72 Virgins

(Read 20219 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: 72 Virgins
     Reply #60 - February 23, 2009, 03:04 PM

P.S by tea I mean dinner, not the drink  i.e. not allowed to invite a Jew to your home for dinner..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #61 - February 23, 2009, 03:07 PM

P.S by tea I mean dinner, not the drink  i.e. not allowed to invite a Jew to your home for dinner..

It's dinner, not tea! Lousy southerners...

Tongue
     Reply #62 - February 23, 2009, 03:15 PM

Muhammad himself was served food by Jews (who he was poisoned by). He said not to let your neighbors go hungry while you have food to eat, even if they're Jews...

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #63 - February 23, 2009, 03:17 PM

I am not a Southerner, but have recently worked in Canary Wharf which explains this slip of the tongue.  Sorry.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #64 - February 23, 2009, 03:47 PM

.. talking about getting others to look things up for you, does anyone know where I can find the quote Quran or hadith, where it says you should not invite a Jew to your home for tea?  I read it somewhere (twice), but cannot find it now. 

I do not look things up for Awais. I find him rude with a bad temper and he also studied this better then me.

I once used it in a debate, and I was told it I was wrong as it did not exist anywhere.

Sry never read tea mentioned in koran. I could be wrong.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #65 - February 23, 2009, 03:51 PM

I am not a Southerner, but have recently worked in Canary Wharf which explains this slip of the tongue.  Sorry.

Hehe fair enough, but don't do it again Tongue
     Reply #66 - February 23, 2009, 03:54 PM

I do not look things up for Awais. I find him rude with a bad temper and he also studied this better then me.

Good you could admit that I studied better than you, but I cite again:

Quote from: Rules of the Forum
    1/ Discussion of Islamic beliefs.

...If you are going to state that something is Islamic you must be prepared to back your statements by quoting authorities and/or texts.
    If you cannot back your statements with a reputable source and your statements are deemed inflammatory you will be given a "smite".

In other words, make sure you know what you are talking about and how to phrase it in the most reasonable fashion.

Reply #67 - February 23, 2009, 04:12 PM

Good you could admit that I studied better than you, but I cite again:

Quote from: Rules of the Forum
    1/ Discussion of Islamic beliefs.

...If you are going to state that something is Islamic you must be prepared to back your statements by quoting authorities and/or texts.
    If you cannot back your statements with a reputable source and your statements are deemed inflammatory you will be given a "smite".

In other words, make sure you know what you are talking about and how to phrase it in the most reasonable fashion.

You have been given many chances in the past to stand and defend a point or a swear you made to me as well as to other members. You have then been asked to apologize for such swearing. Until you get past your post-teen testosterone poisoning, unfortunately a too common occurrence in men between the age of 18-20 that sometimes can drag for years after or for life, you do not get to ask me for things. You do not get to ask me for citations, particularly on trivial matter. Because I do not negotiate with people with bad table manners.

Cheers and we can talk about this when you become a more decent human being.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #68 - February 23, 2009, 04:23 PM

I have defended all my points, again, point out where I haven't. I will not apologize, I stand by what I said. Your points are bollocks if you can't back them up. Nuff said.

Reply #69 - February 23, 2009, 04:31 PM

I cannot recall a hadith that specifically states not to invite the Jews over to ?tea?, but there is a hadith that says you should not eat from utensils used by Jews and Christians. So if you do invite them over you?d have to have utensils set aside especially for them.

Sahih Muslim 21:4743 ? Abu Tha'laba al-Khushani said: Allah's Messenger, we are in the land of the Jews and Christians, so we eat in their utensils. Inform me what is halaal for us. The Prophet said: Regarding what you have mentioned of the fact that you live in the land belonging to the People of the Book and so you eat in their utensils, but if you can get utensils other than theirs, then don't eat in them.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #70 - February 23, 2009, 08:40 PM

I suppose scarcity of water meant that people didn't wash their dishes after Jews and Christians used them...

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #71 - February 23, 2009, 09:22 PM

I cannot recall a hadith that specifically states not to invite the Jews over to ?tea?, but there is a hadith that says you should not eat from utensils used by Jews and Christians. So if you do invite them over you?d have to have utensils set aside especially for them.

Sahih Muslim 21:4743 ? Abu Tha'laba al-Khushani said: Allah's Messenger, we are in the land of the Jews and Christians, so we eat in their utensils. Inform me what is halaal for us. The Prophet said: Regarding what you have mentioned of the fact that you live in the land belonging to the People of the Book and so you eat in their utensils, but if you can get utensils other than theirs, then don't eat in them.

Thanks, I wonder where I got it from?  It must be from a speaker who took these inferences from Sahih Muslim.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »