Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello!!

(Read 10283 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello!!
     OP - January 12, 2009, 07:50 PM

Oooohh love the smilies here!!  piggy

Hello everyone! I signed up a while ago but never got around to interacting on the forum. I stop by frequently to read what's been going on and what people have to say.

I'm not muslim or a former one, but my mum is Jehovah's witness and I was brought up in the faith. Have pretty much turned into an atheist since the past few years and have gone through similar thought processes that others here have expressed. My mum doesn't know I am an 'ex' yet!
    However my dad converted to Islam 3-4 years ago, much to my dismay and disappointment, considering he professed to be an atheist for most of his life!!

Life's funny like that eh?? Oh, 25 year old Indian female by the way Smiley

Glad to meet you all  dance

• Re: Hello!!
     Reply #1 - January 12, 2009, 07:53 PM

hi and welcome.

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #2 - January 12, 2009, 07:56 PM

hi and welcome.

Hello animation guy and thanks for the welcome Smiley

Reply #3 - January 12, 2009, 07:58 PM

Welcome CocoPop!
     Reply #4 - January 12, 2009, 08:04 PM

Welcome CocoPop!

Hola Sparky!  dance

Reply #5 - January 12, 2009, 08:05 PM

Hello CocoPop,

Welcome aboard!

parrot

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #6 - January 12, 2009, 08:07 PM

Welcome CocoPop.   Smiley

So, a muslim father and a Jehovah's Witness mother, eh?  Sounds like fun.  When I was little, my dad went through a temporary conversion to the JW's, while my mother was still a devout Catholic.  Result?  Being dragged to the Kingdom Hall every bloody Tuesday, and Mass every bloody Sunday.  What a pain.  Thankfully they both grew out of it eventually.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - January 12, 2009, 08:08 PM

Welcome CocoPop  parrot I have seen you lurking at times, good to see you finally put away the binoculars  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #8 - January 12, 2009, 08:09 PM

from atheist to islam, hmm that's interesting.

welcome and have fun

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #9 - January 12, 2009, 08:13 PM

Hello CocoPop,

Welcome aboard!

parrot

Thanks Zaephon!

Is the guy in your avatar doing what I think he is doing?  lipsrsealed bunny

Reply #10 - January 12, 2009, 08:17 PM

Welcome CocoPop, feel free to send your dad our way. I can see why being so close to the rigid Jehovah's Witness teachings, might have had a direct effect on sending your dad a complete 180 into islam.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #11 - January 12, 2009, 08:17 PM

Welcome CocoPop.   Smiley

So, a muslim father and a Jehovah's Witness mother, eh?  Sounds like fun.  When I was little, my dad went through a temporary conversion to the JW's, while my mother was still a devout Catholic.  Result?  Being dragged to the Kingdom Hall every bloody Tuesday, and Mass every bloody Sunday.  What a pain.  Thankfully they both grew out of it eventually.

Ouch! Now that is bad... Thankfully my dad was an atheist all the time I was growing up, so I only had to tolerate my mum's religious indoctrination... if it was both of them, I don't know how long I would have lasted lol

Actually I find both the religions to be similar in many ways, which is worrying  wacko

Reply #12 - January 12, 2009, 08:18 PM

Hello CocoPop,

Welcome aboard!

parrot

Thanks Zaephon!

All about keeping the boiler in the boiler room lean, mean and very very well oiled.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #13 - January 12, 2009, 08:19 PM

Welcome CocoPop  parrot I have seen you lurking at times, good to see you finally put away the binoculars  Tongue

oh.. hehehehe *blush*

I was errr..... sizing up the competition before barging in  Cheesy

It was the parrot that made me succumb in the end!!  finmad

Reply #14 - January 12, 2009, 08:22 PM

from atheist to islam, hmm that's interesting.

welcome and have fun

Very bizarre indeed, but maybe stranger things have happened. All I can think of is that he wasn't a 'proper' atheist (if there is such a type)... the type who is usually confused about which religion to follow, doesn't really have any solid foundation to argue against religious people other than, God/religion doesn't interest me... i think people like that are easily swayed when they are unable to defend their reasons for their position ..

Reply #15 - January 12, 2009, 08:26 PM

Hi and welcome Cocopop  Afro

The parents of one of my daughter's friend are the same mix as yours - Dad is Muslim and Mum is Jehova Witness - I never thought I'd see that particular mix again.
     Reply #16 - January 12, 2009, 08:26 PM

Welcome CocoPop, feel free to send your dad our way. I can see why being so close to the rigid Jehovah's Witness teachings, might have had a direct effect on sending your dad a complete 180 into islam.

Thanks, i might do sometime, though I doubt in his early days of romance with the religion, he would want to venture onto place like this. I get one or more emails each week from websites and publications he reads... I usually delete them without opening, but sometimes I have a quick scroll through and then wonder why I bothered!! I might post them sometimes here... the latest one being pork additives in food cause immorality or something like that  wacko piggy
    It was a good laugh, but then it also hurt to know my once sensible dad has descended into reading trash like this  Cry

And yeah, my mum is a bit of nutter at times so i'm not surprised dad lost it too eventually  Cheesy

Reply #17 - January 12, 2009, 08:28 PM

All about keeping the boiler in the boiler room lean, mean and very very well oiled.

He definitely looks shiny from all the effort  parrot

Reply #18 - January 12, 2009, 08:32 PM

The parents of one of my daughter's friend are the same mix as yours - Dad is Muslim and Mum is Jehova Witness - I never thought I'd see that particular mix again.

Hello Hassan! And darn!! My unique title has slipped away  Cry Seen some of your videos and loved them by the way  Afro

Reply #19 - January 12, 2009, 08:40 PM

Thanks Zaephon!

Lol, I guess not. He's supposedly "naked for a cause."  whistling2

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #20 - January 12, 2009, 08:40 PM

Hello Hassan! And darn!! My unique title has slipped away  Cry Seen some of your videos and loved them by the way  Afro

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the forum Smiley
     Reply #21 - January 12, 2009, 08:45 PM

Shame that all those tattoos detract from the .. errm... centerpiece  grin12

Reply #22 - January 12, 2009, 08:46 PM

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the forum Smiley

Thanks for the welcome, and I think I will. Most in here seem like a nice enough bunch  dance

Reply #23 - January 12, 2009, 08:50 PM

Hi, and Welcome.  Intrigued on your take on how/why your father went from Atheism to Islam?  Is their something we are missing?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - January 12, 2009, 08:51 PM

Shame that all those tattoos detract from the .. errm... centerpiece  grin12

His Brain?

Reply #25 - January 12, 2009, 09:30 PM

Hi, and Welcome.  Intrigued on your take on how/why your father went from Atheism to Islam?  Is their something we are missing?

I wonder that too... he's always been an odd character.. I think he has a bit of an obsessive personality and when he picks up a new hobby etc, he practices/plays it every minute he can and tends to give up other things. He used to be obsessed with photography, then body building and fitness, then golf and so on, and spent hours on such pursuits, forgetting that it's more sensible to be balanced and not forget about the family! Islam seems to be the latest fad and I wonder how long it will last. Except, once he tires of this, he won't be able to leave it so easily, especially since he lives in Kuwait  Roll Eyes

Reply #26 - January 12, 2009, 09:31 PM

His Brain?

Correct!! That is where it is supposed to reside for men anyway  piggy Wink

Reply #27 - January 12, 2009, 09:36 PM

I think he has a bit of an obsessive personality

Welcome CocoPop.

What did I say about the personality traits of converts a while back?

Reply #28 - January 12, 2009, 09:55 PM

Welcome CocoPop.

What did I say about the personality traits of converts a while back?

I don't know... I wasn't around  Wink

I think he always needs to seek approval and impress people. I don't think he has had many stable friendships (probably because he keeps jumping from one compulsion to the next!).

I think a lot of converts to any religion always seem to go the extra mile and try harder... probably to 'prove' themselves in some way to the other believers and probably feel they have to make up for lost time or something... my mum is the same... she has some sort of underlying inferiority complex and openly admires those who have been in 'generations' of JWs  Roll Eyes

Reply #29 - January 12, 2009, 10:06 PM

Hi, CP and welcome. Multi-faith family, Eh. Interesting. A bit like my own.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »