Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: BBC today - 'No God' campaign draws complaint

(Read 15359 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: BBC today - 'No God' campaign draws complaint
     Reply #60 - March 02, 2009, 11:44 AM

3% of Britons believe 'The God Delusion'  was written by Charles Darwin  Cheesy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/4926271/Four-out-of-five-Britons-do-not-believe-in-creationism.html

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #61 - March 03, 2009, 03:51 AM

wacko That is insane!
     Reply #62 - March 04, 2009, 10:43 PM

It's bloody funny. Then again, 3% of Poms probably believe they've been abducted by aliens. We're talking about a fringe when we get down to those percentages.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #63 - March 05, 2009, 10:06 PM

I used to think Dawkins was an arrogant chap, but I have grown to like him more and more and feel his approach is badly needed to confront the renaissance of religion these days.

He's actually a very humble chap. Indeed, read some of his biological works (like The Ancestor's Tale, or The Blind Watchmaker) to see exactly why he's regarded as so brilliant!

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #64 - March 05, 2009, 10:24 PM

I used to think Dawkins was an arrogant chap, but I have grown to like him more and more and feel his approach is badly needed to confront the renaissance of religion these days.

He's actually a very humble chap. Indeed, read some of his biological works (like The Ancestor's Tale, or The Blind Watchmaker) to see exactly why he's regarded as so brilliant!

That must explain it, as I have never read these books.  Never been an avid reader, my attention span is not long enough.  Will try and get a synopsis of them from somewhere..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #65 - March 09, 2009, 03:33 AM

The problem is that Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist and when he proposes atheistic explanations for cosmogenesis he is writing outside his field of expertise... Not that he would alert readers to this fact.

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #66 - March 09, 2009, 09:11 AM

No: Deluded.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #67 - March 09, 2009, 10:12 AM

The problem is that Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist and when he proposes atheistic explanations for cosmogenesis he is writing outside his field of expertise... Not that he would alert readers to this fact.

The other problem, of course, is that so-called theologists have nothing whatsoever to back their assertions and when they propose theistic explanations for cosmogenesis they are writing outside their fields of expertise (not that they would ever alert their readers to this fact).

Reply #68 - March 09, 2009, 12:03 PM

The other problem, of course, is that so-called theologists have nothing whatsoever to back their assertions and when they propose theistic explanations for cosmogenesis they are writing outside their fields of expertise (not that they would ever alert their readers to this fact).

I would alert you to the fact that I'm not an expert on cosmogony... But you probably know already.

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #69 - March 09, 2009, 12:24 PM

I would alert you to the fact that I'm not an expert on cosmogony... But you probably know already.

Richard Dawkins could say exactly the same, and more truthfully than you can, because you're an anonymous person over the Internet, so for all we know you could be a rocket scientist  with degrees in every subject under the sun.

Dawkins OTOH is well known to be a biologist, not a cosmologist, and for those who don't know his credentials are listed on the back of every copy of his books.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #70 - March 09, 2009, 12:47 PM

?  I think anyone is entitled to talk on any subject and still be right.  Who cares if you've studied a subject, that does not make you an expert on it?  Its your judgement after taking into consideration the salient points and whether you argument can hold. 

I bet there are cosmologists who are theists, that does not mean their worldview is right.  On the other hand, there are cosmologists who are atheists and the same holds true.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #71 - March 09, 2009, 09:18 PM

Argument from authority is a well known fallacy, and one that theologians rely on every day of the week.

• Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »