Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 21, 2024, 01:56 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "are jammie dodger haram"

(Read 9267 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "are jammie dodger haram"
     OP - January 05, 2009, 09:49 PM

The wordpress blog I put up of my story gives me certain statistics about how many views it had etc...

One stat shows what things ppl typed into a search engine and got my blog.

Believe it or not someone typed in:

"are jammie dodger haram"

Cheesy

btw jammie dodgers are mentioned - though nothing about if they are haram or halal lol
  • Re: "are jammie dodger haram"
     Reply #1 - January 05, 2009, 09:51 PM

You've been rumbled ya jammie dodger.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - January 05, 2009, 09:55 PM

Not that it really matters but is gelatin haram? I used to love marshmallows but my mother was so anal about it.

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #3 - January 05, 2009, 09:57 PM

You've been rumbled ya jammie dodger.

I have to admit there was a time I would check the E numbers of various foodstuffs to make sure it did not have any "Haram" ones - yes there were lists given out of Haram food additives.

Quite long if I remember.

Anyway for those who don't know what Jammie Dodgers are - MMmmmmmm!

Reply #4 - January 05, 2009, 09:59 PM

Not that it really matters but is gelatin haram? I used to love marshmallows but my mother was so anal about it.

Strictly speaking yes, coz the animal was not killed in the Halal way.

Though some would say if it was from the Cow it is OK. (It is mostly from Pig I think)

Reply #5 - January 06, 2009, 12:24 AM

they have halal gelatin. and the salafi sheikhs have said that the process to make gelatin transforms the animal so much, it is not considered meat anymore, so it's halal whether or not the animal used was slaughtered dhabiha.

i used to just look to see if it was kosher, if it was, it was halal too.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #6 - January 06, 2009, 10:36 PM

the salafi sheikhs have said that the process to make gelatin transforms the animal so much, it is not considered meat anymore, so it's halal whether or not the animal used was slaughtered dhabiha.

All fine and dandy... until it comes to gelatine extracted from pigs. All of a sudden it's no longer halal. What happened to the change there?

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #7 - January 06, 2009, 11:29 PM

It's all fun and good times with Muslims until you bring up that animal. I remember when I was in a supermarket with my sister and I asked the cashier something related to Salami Pizzas because I considered buying some (I didn't). Later when packing the groceries, she was a bit upset and asked if I also started eating pork now. I said I have no problem eating it. She couldn't comprehend I could do such a thing, because "I should adapt to the family customs". I argued that I'm not harming anybody in contrast to the (fucking) smoke I have to inhale every time she or others have a cigarette near me. She still didn't understand.
    For heaven's sake, I've left the religion, thee reliiggiiooon, but when I want to eat pork I get rebuked? Leaving this issue aside, how am I even supposed to follow the family's tradition when I have left the religion!!

Muslims would rather drink, fornicate and smoke than ever think of touching let alone eating pork. How fucking ridiculous is that?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #8 - January 07, 2009, 07:28 AM

Muslims would rather drink, fornicate and smoke than ever think of touching let alone eating pork. How fucking ridiculous is that?

Well, it's different because we're taught to be DISGUSTED by pork. It stirs up very strong emotions and you feel sick. Fornication and alcohol are simply taboo. They're desirable because they're promised in heaven but pork is simply yucky.

I'm finding bacon more and more appealing lately though.

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #9 - January 07, 2009, 07:54 AM

It's all fun and good times with Muslims until you bring up that animal. I remember when I was in a supermarket with my sister and I asked the cashier something related to Salami Pizzas because I considered buying some (I didn't). Later when packing the groceries, she was a bit upset and asked if I also started eating pork now. I said I have no problem eating it. She couldn't comprehend I could do such a thing, because "I should adapt to the family customs". I argued that I'm not harming anybody in contrast to the (fucking) smoke I have to inhale every time she or others have a cigarette near me. She still didn't understand.
    For heaven's sake, I've left the religion, thee reliiggiiooon, but when I want to eat pork I get rebuked? Leaving this issue aside, how am I even supposed to follow the family's tradition when I have left the religion!!

My (still Muslim) brother was very upset the other day when he came round and found me frying bacon. He seemed really hurt and I felt like I had been caught with my trousers down with a prostitute.
     Reply #10 - January 07, 2009, 07:57 AM

Well, it's different because we're taught to be DISGUSTED by pork. It stirs up very strong emotions and you feel sick. Fornication and alcohol are simply taboo. They're desirable because they're promised in heaven but pork is simply yucky.

I'm finding bacon more and more appealing lately though.

Pork is in heaven too though, isn't it?  wacko

I find the whole pork taboo reaction funny, the fact that the last thing some ex msulims will do, if they ever do it at all, is try some pork, but they may try booze and sex long before that lol seems like such a backward way of looking at it.

You can eat pork if you are starving in the wilderness and there is nothing else to eat, but you can never drink alcohol under any circumstances, yet pork is the bigger taboo?  baffled.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #11 - January 07, 2009, 08:29 AM

Pork is in heaven too though, isn't it?  wacko

I don't think so. 'When Jesus returns' he is supposed to destroy the pig population entirely, so I don't see much chance of them making it to heaven either.

I've had sex, and will try alcohol soon (insha Allah, Wink) but I'm not looking forward to pork. *shrug* although I don't care if my re-fried beans have lard in them

the salafi sheikhs have said that the process to make gelatin transforms the animal so much, it is not considered meat anymore, so it's halal whether or not the animal used was slaughtered dhabiha.

All fine and dandy... until it comes to gelatine extracted from pigs. All of a sudden it's no longer halal. What happened to the change there?

Actually, that doesn't matter either.

Reply #12 - January 07, 2009, 08:37 AM

The wordpress blog I put up of my story gives me certain statistics about how many views it had etc...

One stat shows what things ppl typed into a search engine and got my blog.

Believe it or not someone typed in:

"are jammie dodger haram"

Cheesy

btw jammie dodgers are mentioned - though nothing about if they are haram or halal lol

It all depends on what kind of jammy dodging one has in mind. Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #13 - January 07, 2009, 09:20 AM

I don't think so. 'When Jesus returns' he is supposed to destroy the pig population entirely, so I don't see much chance of them making it to heaven either.

When animals from earth die do they actually go to heaven? Or is there already a pure breed of animals in heaven?

How do you judge an animal to determine if they should got to heaven or hell?

So whether Jesus kills them or not they sure won't be going to heaven.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #14 - January 07, 2009, 09:23 AM

Strictly speaking yes, coz the animal was not killed in the Halal way.

Though some would say if it was from the Cow it is OK. (It is mostly from Pig I think)

Yes when I was a kid we were not even allowed to eat gelatine from the cow because it was assumed they would not have been halal.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #15 - January 07, 2009, 09:25 AM

When animals from earth die do they actually go to heaven? Or is there already a pure breed of animals in heaven?

How do you judge an animal to determine if they should got to heaven or hell?

So whether Jesus kills them or not they sure won't be going to heaven.

No, after animals get judged, they are turned to dust and cease to exist. I dunno about animals in paradise Huh? But I highly doubt pigs will be allowed.   Roll Eyes

Reply #16 - January 07, 2009, 10:56 AM

No, after animals get judged, they are turned to dust and cease to exist. I dunno about animals in paradise Huh? But I highly doubt pigs will be allowed.   Roll Eyes

Well why I asked is that you said pigs won't be going to heaven. So I though maybe other animals might. Because according to Bukhari (6:7) Muhammad says:

And as for the first meal of the people of Paradise, it will be the lobe of the fish liver.

Hence Fish would have to be available in heaven in order to get their liver. And if fishes are, then maybe animals might be also.

Anyway what's the point of judging anmals if they are going to be turned to dust. Haven't read that before.

Reply #17 - January 07, 2009, 11:02 AM

Dude, fish doesn't have to live in paradise, nor does it need to be killed to eat it, there is no death in paradise. Just as we can eat all we want and not get fat, nor shit nor piss in paradise, so can our food, fish or whatever 'just be' and not need lived in the first place. voila!

Reply #18 - January 07, 2009, 10:40 PM

I find the whole pork taboo reaction funny, the fact that the last thing some ex msulims will do, if they ever do it at all, is try some pork, but they may try booze and sex long before that lol seems like such a backward way of looking at it.

You can eat pork if you are starving in the wilderness and there is nothing else to eat, but you can never drink alcohol under any circumstances, yet pork is the bigger taboo?  baffled.

Yes, but you can understand the difference between something that it taboo and desirable and something that is undesirable and taboo. No one feels like they`re missing out on pork. I remember being told that pigs eat their own shit! That`s nasty. So, it sounded like if we ate pork, we would also somehow be eating its poo. I remember being told pigs are the filthiest animals in the world, you get diseases from eating pork, and so on. That made me thankful it was haram.

Sex and alcohol are a completely different story... 

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #19 - January 07, 2009, 10:45 PM

Sex is messy too and you can catch nasty diseases from it. Alcohol causes brain damage. So can sex, now that I think about it.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #20 - January 07, 2009, 10:55 PM

Sex is messy too and you can catch nasty diseases from it. Alcohol causes brain damage. So can sex, now that I think about it.

lol Sure can. I`m just listing the the techniques that were used on me (and many other Muslims) to get disgusted.

Hey, I guess there really isn`t a justification for pork being haram. It`s one of those things one is supposed to accept and being disgusted makes it much easier to avoid.

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #21 - January 08, 2009, 03:46 AM

My (still Muslim) brother was very upset the other day when he came round and found me frying bacon. He seemed really hurt and I felt like I had been caught with my trousers down with a prostitute.

I can totally understand your feeling. Cheesy

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #22 - January 08, 2009, 08:39 PM

Hey, I guess there really isn`t a justification for pork being haram. It`s one of those things one is supposed to accept and being disgusted makes it much easier to avoid.

Presumably because Jews did it? I don't know. I've never understood it.

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »