Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is God the Jigsaw Killer

(Read 3050 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Is God the Jigsaw Killer
     OP - January 05, 2009, 12:13 AM

I was watching a Horror film yesterday called SAW 2. In this film a serial killer called the 'Jigsaw killer' locks people into a room and forces them to play a deadly game in which they have to perform gruesome tasks into order to get out alive. As i watched the film it occured to me that according to religion this is exactly what God is doing to humanity. Forcing us to play a game for his own pleasure and turture us for eternity if we don;t pass. Or is it just me?

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
  • Re: Is God the Jigsaw Killer
     Reply #1 - January 05, 2009, 12:29 AM

Is God the Jigsaw Killer

No, because god doesn't exist.

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #2 - January 05, 2009, 12:30 AM

I know but if you assume the religious paradigm

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #3 - January 05, 2009, 12:42 AM

no, i think a better example would be being locked in a room beyond one's will without being given any instruction. you can try and be constructive, or you can do whatever the hell you want, either way you die.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #4 - January 05, 2009, 12:45 AM

Habla espanol Awais?

Well if you accept Islam then you have been given instructions for a boring life.

Reply #5 - January 05, 2009, 12:59 AM

muy poquito.

it can be interesting if you're into understanding qur'an, commentary, history, poetry, spirituality (sufism)... It keeps people grounded. "God is a concept by which we measure our pain." I realize this now, even though the pain may only be intellectual, not being able to find meaning in the world.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #6 - January 05, 2009, 01:52 PM

That's a pretty interesting analogy. God isn't anywhere near as clear as the Jigsaw killer though Tongue
     Reply #7 - January 05, 2009, 01:54 PM

Is God the Jigsaw Killer

No, because god doesn't exist.

Nor does the Jigsaw Killer.   Tongue

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - January 05, 2009, 01:55 PM

I think it fits, I used to always see us as nothing more than pawns in a chess game anyway, but a torturous punishment at the end fits better.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - January 05, 2009, 03:28 PM

That's a pretty interesting analogy. God isn't anywhere near as clear as the Jigsaw killer though Tongue

And God's instructions come hundreds of thousands of years after locking us up into the room.

So all the countless generations prior to revelation had no hope in hell (pun intended) of getting out to paradise.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »